Mike Pence

Comments

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,629
    mace1229 said:

tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

mace1229 said:

So what is between a Jew and a guy dude? Some kosher sheets maybe?

Melania ..
    And who's the misogynist again?
    I'm surprised this thread hasn't been closed too for these comments alone.
    BS44325 said:

mace1229 said:

Sure, there's accusations of anti-Jew and homophobic claims, and the fact members of the KKK like Trump (even though he is not associated with them). Could be worse, Trump could be close friends with a known and CONVICTED domestic terrorist who has killed people and who still brags about what he did and says he would do it again. Wait, why does that sound familiar? O yeah, Obama and BILL F***iING AYERS! I assume you were 10 times as outraged when Obama's political carear started in the home of Ayers? And Ayers was a close friend to him, not just someone he never met and said he'd vote for him? Yeah, I'm sure that was the case.
    These claims were amusing at first, now its just getting old and sad.

C'mon Mace you know they don't care about Ayres or Jeremiah Wright or Rashid Khalidi. They never cared about Senator Robert Byrd and the KKK before them. They don't care about Keith Ellison now and his ties to the Nation of Islam...heck they're ready to make him head of the DNC!
    Seriously. This was the only comment to my question. These were similar (but more drastic scenarios). Wright was openly racists against whites, said ant-American claims. Ayers KILLED people, created a domestic terrorist organization and started Obama's political career. So why do so many ignore all that, but are so outraged because someone from the KVK who Trump never met voted for him?
    I don't get it.
    Who did Ayers kill?
  • Options
    Yea, Bannon's a stand up guy: I'm sure you're all proud of his involvement at the highest reaches of the US government.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/11/15/can-you-name-one-white-nationalist-article-at-breitbart-challenge-accepted/?wpisrc=nl_most-draw10&wpmm=1

And incase you're too lazy to read the links in the above referenced article, I posted the direct link and some select quotes:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/08/stephen-bannon-donald-trump-alt-right-breitbart-news

We're the platform for the alt-right," Bannon told me proudly when I interviewed him at the Republican National Convention (RNC) in July. Though disavowed by every other major conservative news outlet, the alt-right has been Bannon's target audience ever since he took over Breitbart News from its late founder, Andrew Breitbart, four years ago. Under Bannon's leadership, the site has plunged into the fever swamps of conservatism, cheering white nationalist groups as an "eclectic mix of renegades," accusing President Barack Obama of importing "more hating Muslims," and waging an incessant war against the purveyors of "political correctness."

"Andrew Breitbart despised racism. Truly despised it," writes a former Breitbart News editor. "With Bannon embracing Trump, all that changed."

"Andrew Breitbart despised racism. Truly despised it," former Breitbart editor-at-large Ben Shapiro wrote last week on the Daily Wire, a conservative website. "With Bannon embracing Trump, all that changed. Now Breitbart has become the alt-right go-to website, with [technology editor Milo] Yiannopoulos pushing white ethno-nationalism as a legitimate response to political correctness, and the comment section turning into a cesspool for white supremacist mememakers."

Trump's new campaign chief denies that the alt-right is inherently racist. He describes its ideology as "nationalist," though not necessarily white nationalist. Likening its approach to that of European nationalist parties such as France's National Front, he says, "If you look at the identity movements over there in Europe, I think a lot of [them] are really 'Polish identity' or 'German identity,' not racial identity. It's more identity toward a nation-state or their people as a nation." (Never mind that National Front founder Jean Marie Le Pen has been fined in France for "inciting racial hatred.")

Bannon dismisses the alt-right's appeal to racists as happenstance. "Look, are there some people that are white nationalists that are attracted to some of the philosophies of the alt-right? Maybe," he says. "Are there some people that are anti-Semitic that are attracted? Maybe. Right? Maybe some people are attracted to the alt-right that are homophobes, right? But that's just like, there are certain elements of the progressive left and the hard left that attract certain elements."

A Twitter analysis conducted by The Investigative Fund using Little Bird software found that these "elements" are more deeply connected to Breitbart News than more traditional conservative outlets. While only 5 percent of key influencers using the supremacist hashtag #whitegenocide follow the National Review, and 10 percent follow the Daily Caller, 31 percent follow Breitbart. The disparities are even starker for the anti-Muslim hashtag #counterjihad: National Review, 26 percent; the Daily Caller, 37 percent; Breitbart News, 62 percent.

On Thursday, in the Washington Post, Shapiro upped the ante, describing the alt-right as a "movement shot through with racism and anti-Semitism," and Breitbart News as "a party organ, a pathetic cog in the Trump-Media Complex and a gathering place for white nationalists." The reception he and another conservative Jewish Breitbart critic, Bethany Mandel, have experienced in the Bannonosphere is revealing: In May, when Shapiro, who became editor-in-chief of the Daily Wire after leaving Breitbart, tweeted about the birth of his second child, he received a torrent of anti-Semitic tweets. "Into the gas chamber with all 4 of you," one read. Another tweet depicted his family as lampshades. Mandel says she has been harassed on Twitter for months, "called a 'slimy Jewess' and told that I 'deserve the oven.'"

Sure, because he doesn't say it, he's not it, anti-Semitic. But he sure does promote it, foster it and fan it, doesn't he. You should be proud of his "plausible deniability" and ability to use his "dog whistle."

And there's a lot more if you alt-righters aren't too lazy to read the full article.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,013
    edited November 2016

mace1229 said:

tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

mace1229 said:

Melania ..
    BS44325 said:

mace1229 said:

Sure, there's accusations of anti-Jew and homophobic claims, and the fact members of the KKK like Trump (even though he is not associated with them). Could be worse, Trump could be close friends with a known and CONVICTED domestic terrorist who has killed people and who still brags about what he did and says he would do it again. Wait, why does that sound familiar? O yeah, Obama and BILL F***iING AYERS! I assume you were 10 times as outraged when Obama's political carear started in the home of Ayers? And Ayers was a close friend to him, not just someone he never met and said he'd vote for him? Yeah, I'm sure that was the case.

C'mon Mace you know they don't care about Ayres or Jeremiah Wright or Rashid Khalidi. They never cared about Senator Robert Byrd and the KKK before them. They don't care about Keith Ellison now and his ties to the Nation of Islam...heck they're ready to make him head of the DNC!
    Seriously. This was the only comment to my question. These were similar (but more drastic scenarios). Wright was openly racists against whites, said ant-American claims. Ayers KILLED people, created a domestic terrorist organization and started Obama's political career. So why do so many ignore all that, but are so outraged because someone from the KVK who Trump never met voted for him?
    I don't get it.
    Who did Ayers kill?
    I don't have names of his victim's memorized. You can google it just as easily as I can. He's blowing up buildings that resulted in deaths of people. Easy to find.
    He's admitted to multiple bombings, but wont comment on ones where people actually died (often wont deny it either). I remember one being a judge. His fiancé and some friends were killed when a bomb prematurely exploded, and denies involvement in that even though his fiancé and he were typically involved in these things together so there's little question in my mind about that.
    Best case scenario and giving him every benefit of doubt, he started an organization and encouraged activity that is responsible for multiple deaths. Was he conveniently absent every time someone died? I really doubt it.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

mace1229 said:

Melania ..
    BS44325 said:

mace1229 said:

I don't get it.
    Who did Ayers kill?
    I don't have names of his victim's memorized. You can google it just as easily as I can. He's blowing up buildings that resulted in deaths of people. Easy to find.
    He's admitted to multiple bombings, but wont comment on ones where people actually died (often wont deny it either). I remember one being a judge. His fiancé and some friends were killed when a bomb prematurely exploded, and denies involvement in that even though his fiancé and he were typically involved in these things together so there's little question in my mind about that.
    Best case scenario and giving him every benefit of doubt, he started an organization and encouraged activity that is responsible for multiple deaths. Was he conveniently absent every time someone died? I really doubt it.
    It's funny how you mention google yet Ayers killed no one and had nothing to do with killing anyone.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

mace1229 said:

Melania ..
    BS44325 said:

mace1229 said:

I don't get it.
    Who did Ayers kill?
    It's funny how you mention google yet Ayers killed no one and had nothing to do with killing anyone.
    Yup. I googled it before I asked the question. I didn't find anything so I was hoping for some help. I keep forgetting that you don't need facts in Trumpworld.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    lotsa hitler shows appearing non-stop on the history channel as of late. is it his bday or something?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    edited November 2016
    rssesq said:

lotsa hitler shows appearing non-stop on the history channel as of late. is it his bday or something?

No, Hitler's birthday is April 20th (I know because it's also my own birthday, lol). I would say the history channel intends it to be a warning.... a subtle suggestion that Americans keep the history of the Nazi party in mind as Trump does his thing (I assume you know this and your comment was somewhat tongue in cheek). I personally think the Nazi party/Trump parallels are very apt in many ways. I'm not suggesting Trump will end up committing systematic genocide or anything, but there are definitely a lot of very Nazi-esque things that he has and apparently plans on doing. This become more apparent by the day as he chooses his cabinet and how he deals with media. I think the sharp negative reaction by Trump supporters when these comparisons are made may be based in denial as well as a bit of guilt.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

Yea, Bannon's a stand up guy: I'm sure you're all proud of his involvement at the highest reaches of the US government.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/11/15/can-you-name-one-white-nationalist-article-at-breitbart-challenge-accepted/?wpisrc=nl_most-draw10&wpmm=1

And incase you're too lazy to read the links in the above referenced article, I posted the direct link and some select quotes:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/08/stephen-bannon-donald-trump-alt-right-breitbart-news

We're the platform for the alt-right," Bannon told me proudly when I interviewed him at the Republican National Convention (RNC) in July. Though disavowed by every other major conservative news outlet, the alt-right has been Bannon's target audience ever since he took over Breitbart News from its late founder, Andrew Breitbart, four years ago. Under Bannon's leadership, the site has plunged into the fever swamps of conservatism, cheering white nationalist groups as an "eclectic mix of renegades," accusing President Barack Obama of importing "more hating Muslims," and waging an incessant war against the purveyors of "political correctness."

"Andrew Breitbart despised racism. Truly despised it," writes a former Breitbart News editor. "With Bannon embracing Trump, all that changed."

"Andrew Breitbart despised racism. Truly despised it," former Breitbart editor-at-large Ben Shapiro wrote last week on the Daily Wire, a conservative website. "With Bannon embracing Trump, all that changed. Now Breitbart has become the alt-right go-to website, with [technology editor Milo] Yiannopoulos pushing white ethno-nationalism as a legitimate response to political correctness, and the comment section turning into a cesspool for white supremacist mememakers."

Trump's new campaign chief denies that the alt-right is inherently racist. He describes its ideology as "nationalist," though not necessarily white nationalist. Likening its approach to that of European nationalist parties such as France's National Front, he says, "If you look at the identity movements over there in Europe, I think a lot of [them] are really 'Polish identity' or 'German identity,' not racial identity. It's more identity toward a nation-state or their people as a nation." (Never mind that National Front founder Jean Marie Le Pen has been fined in France for "inciting racial hatred.")

Bannon dismisses the alt-right's appeal to racists as happenstance. "Look, are there some people that are white nationalists that are attracted to some of the philosophies of the alt-right? Maybe," he says. "Are there some people that are anti-Semitic that are attracted? Maybe. Right? Maybe some people are attracted to the alt-right that are homophobes, right? But that's just like, there are certain elements of the progressive left and the hard left that attract certain elements."

A Twitter analysis conducted by The Investigative Fund using Little Bird software found that these "elements" are more deeply connected to Breitbart News than more traditional conservative outlets. While only 5 percent of key influencers using the supremacist hashtag #whitegenocide follow the National Review, and 10 percent follow the Daily Caller, 31 percent follow Breitbart. The disparities are even starker for the anti-Muslim hashtag #counterjihad: National Review, 26 percent; the Daily Caller, 37 percent; Breitbart News, 62 percent.

On Thursday, in the Washington Post, Shapiro upped the ante, describing the alt-right as a "movement shot through with racism and anti-Semitism," and Breitbart News as "a party organ, a pathetic cog in the Trump-Media Complex and a gathering place for white nationalists." The reception he and another conservative Jewish Breitbart critic, Bethany Mandel, have experienced in the Bannonosphere is revealing: In May, when Shapiro, who became editor-in-chief of the Daily Wire after leaving Breitbart, tweeted about the birth of his second child, he received a torrent of anti-Semitic tweets. "Into the gas chamber with all 4 of you," one read. Another tweet depicted his family as lampshades. Mandel says she has been harassed on Twitter for months, "called a 'slimy Jewess' and told that I 'deserve the oven.'"

Sure, because he doesn't say it, he's not it, anti-Semitic. But he sure does promote it, foster it and fan it, doesn't he. You should be proud of his "plausible deniability" and ability to use his "dog whistle."

And there's a lot more if you alt-righters aren't too lazy to read the full article.

I read it all. Is this really all you got in the Bannon is an anti-semite department? Pretty thin gruel.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

rssesq said:

No, Hitler's birthday is April 20th (I know because it's also my own birthday, lol). I would say the history channel intends it to be a warning.... a subtle suggestion that Americans keep the history of the Nazi party in mind as Trump does his thing (I assume you know this and your comment was somewhat tongue in cheek). I personally think the Nazi party/Trump parallels are very apt in many ways. I'm not suggesting Trump will end up committing systematic genocide or anything, but there are definitely a lot of very Nazi-esque things that he has and apparently plans on doing. This become more apparent by the day as he chooses his cabinet and how he deals with media. I think the sharp negative reaction by Trump supporters when these comparisons are made may be based in denial as well as a bit of guilt.
    It's a line the opposition has to carefully walk in order to have some sort of persuasive effect. You don't want to start to holler about nazis and the jews because you'll instantly lose people, but you also want to send up some red flags right now, for example, about the idea being kicked around to register Muslims.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    PJ_Soul said:

rssesq said:

they did the same thing in 2008 when the financial meltdown occurred and also when Bernie Madoff was indicted. lol
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

I read it all. Is this really all you got in the Bannon is an anti-semite department? Pretty thin gruel.
    Thinner than your link to a blogger's post? You must be thin?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

rssesq said:

It's a line the opposition has to carefully walk in order to have some sort of persuasive effect. You don't want to start to holler about nazis and the jews because you'll instantly lose people, but you also want to send up some red flags right now, for example, about the idea being kicked around to register Muslims.
    Yes...must carefully walk this line of the parallels to the Nazi party so as not to lose people. You have all lost your marbles.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

PJ_Soul said:

rssesq said:

Agreed, but also the propaganda machine, and people should be watching very carefully when it comes to control/manipulation of the media by the government, and the removal of rights and freedoms for various groups and people in general. These are the things I'm most concerned about and that remind me of the Nazi rise to power.... Not to mention Bannon and these others who Trump is choosing for his cabinet. They kinds of relationships between Trump and these people seems very odd to me, and also reminds me of the way Hitler chose his inner circle.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    CNN keeps running Reagan getting shot and JFKs head getting blow to bits, I can see the connection to JFK but not Reagan.
    Where's the guy that is a big JFK jr fan?
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rssesq said:

Yes...must carefully walk this line of the parallels to the Nazi party so as not to lose people. You have all lost your marbles.
    Which is the weird thing. I see these people who I thought were pretty rational and that I've known a long time, completely lose their ability to think critically. My marbles are intact, but Witnessing these others lose theirs is disturbing.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rssesq said:

Why do you say that though? You really can't deny the parallels that have been made.... so you just deny it on principle I gather?
  • Options
    I wonder how Mike Pence feels about this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/11/17/japanese-internment-is-precedent-for-national-muslim-registry-prominent-trump-backer-says/?wpisrc=nl_most-draw10&wpmm=1

Will he shout it down or gladly accept the offer of assistance in selling the plan?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rssesq said:

Agreed, but also the propaganda machine, and people should be watching very carefully when it comes to control/manipulation of the media by the government, and the removal of rights and freedoms for various groups and people in general. These are the things I'm most concerned about and that remind me of the Nazi rise to power.... Not to mention Bannon and these others who Trump is choosing for his cabinet. They kinds of relationships between Trump and these people seems very odd to me, and also reminds me of the way Hitler chose his inner circle.
    This is a great one to screen cap. The nazis are coming! Can add it to the cry wolf pile in 4-8 years.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rssesq said:

This is a great one to screen cap. The nazis are coming! Can add it to the cry wolf pile in 4-8 years.
    Well that isn't at all the tone of anything I said at all. If you want to take a completely logical post about worrisome parallels and twist it into that, there isn't much point in discussing it at all. You aren't willing to use any critical thinking skills when it comes to this subject.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rssesq said:

It's the same crap Bafoon kept on saying his whole campaign the Mexicans are pouring into America by the thousands but the fact is that more Mexicans are leaving to go back !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rssesq said:

Why is it crying wolf when parallels are drawn between the socioeconomic climate leading to Hitler's rise to power, and Trump's rise to power? Has history not shown there's validity in watching a politician carefully who attributes the flaws of society to specific demographics, and commits to any means necessary (i.e. checks and balances be damned) to reach an exclusionary end? Being cautious and thinking critically about the rate of flow of power and the rate of power usage do not seem like negative messages to send to the general population.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rssesq said:

It's the same crap Bafoon kept on saying his whole campaign the Mexicans are pouring into America by the thousands but the fact is that more Mexicans are leaving to go back !
    Not to mention all the ones Obama sent back. People were conned into thinking illegal immigration is a problem that needed the attention it got from trump. He fabricated a villain. But what would republicans do without a threat?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    PJ_Soul said:

rssesq said:

your birthday is 4/20? ok, now some more pieces of the puzzle are falling into place. :lol:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

PJ_Soul said:

rssesq said:

your birthday is 4/20? ok, now some more pieces of the puzzle are falling into place. :lol:
    My favorite holiday
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rssesq said:

hatred is a disease that can spread quicker than you think. I don't think Trump believes this crap, but I think he could unwittingly give rise to something more powerful. not on the same scale as hitler, but on the same scale as what went on in US history.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    benjs said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rssesq said:

Why is it crying wolf when parallels are drawn between the socioeconomic climate leading to Hitler's rise to power, and Trump's rise to power? Has history not shown there's validity in watching a politician carefully who attributes the flaws of society to specific demographics, and commits to any means necessary (i.e. checks and balances be damned) to reach an exclusionary end? Being cautious and thinking critically about the rate of flow of power and the rate of power usage do not seem like negative messages to send to the general population.
    Great points although I think the barn doors are already opened with regard to power flow and usage.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rssesq said:

No it's not Jose. I wasn't saying anything close to things Trump said about Mexicans.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rssesq said:

No it's not Jose. I wasn't saying anything close to things Trump said about Mexicans.
    No I know I was responding to another post ..
  • Options

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rssesq said:

hatred is a disease that can spread quicker than you think. I don't think Trump believes this crap, but I think he could unwittingly give rise to something more powerful. not on the same scale as hitler, but on the same scale as what went on in US history.
    What do you not think Trump believes? I think he very much believes in controlling the media if he possibly can, and very much believes in the propaganda machine, he very much believes that he should be adored at massive political rallies during his reign, and very much believes in restricting rights and freedoms of certain groups. How come you don't think Trump believes these things? Everything he says and does shows that he does....
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    JC29856 said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rssesq said:

Great points although I think the barn doors are already opened with regard to power flow and usage.
    Unfortunately I agree - but better to be critical late than to say that we were never critical before of those factors, and therefore should continue to not be.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1