Options

Vault 6 is the cream of the crop

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Never get tired of hearing slower, groovier Given To Fly....
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Jeff's diving bass line during the outro of Present Tense? Whoa...
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888

I hate how they rush songs now.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    NewJPage said:

I know some people dont like having 2 of the 4 vinyl vaults being 1998 but we might see another in a year or two.
    -we know these shows were recorded for LO2L
    -the length of these shows is perfect for 3LP sets
    -its hard to complain about these performances. Its my favorite time period for the band as far as "live" goes. We all have out own choices for their prime. 1998 is my pick.

So what do we know about other tours from before 1998? Did they record them all?
    They recorded a bunch of them. How do you think we got all those bootlegged cd's back in the day!?!
    From audience members and soundboards. The band's recordings never came out
    Wouldn't the band recording have been the soundboard one?

Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    branscopbranscop Posts: 1,181
    mcgruff10 said:

It's cause we all need/want 40+ song set lists..
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Gonna wait for the lps...til then this is cool..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZgO04uMk34
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    sounds great
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Waiting for the vinyl before I partake in this.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Is McCready rockin a skirt??
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    NewJPage said:

I know some people dont like having 2 of the 4 vinyl vaults being 1998 but we might see another in a year or two.
    -its hard to complain about these performances. Its my favorite time period for the band as far as "live" goes. We all have out own choices for their prime. 1998 is my pick.

So what do we know about other tours from before 1998? Did they record them all?
    They recorded a bunch of them. How do you think we got all those bootlegged cd's back in the day!?!
    I've got a NOLA 95 boot that's soundboard...
  • Options
    stevedsteved Posts: 651
    edited October 2016

NewJPage said:

If that is New Orleans, La 9.17.95, that is not SBD.. It is an audience recording.. If you have a SBD recording you would be the only person other than the band to have this.

The recording circulated is a decent sounding audience recording but not a SBD.

Most of the November 95' shows are available on SBD or FM sources but not September or earlier 1995 other than Soldier Field and Melbourne.
    Post edited by steved on
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• Options
    Such a great show! I really enjoyed it, a lot! Would love more from this tour after we get some 1996 love!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,478

JR: Has the band catalogued their concerts since their first show (10/22/90)? Various 1992 b-sides included songs from FM recordings, and songs from particular shows were released from 1993 U.S. shows (the fan club single for example). I’m assuming early club shows were put to DAT, but did shows start to get recorded/archived to multi-track at some point?

Brett: I ran cassette initially DAT just wasn’t that prevalent a format in clubs at that point. As we got into 1992 I was running a DAT Walkman at every show. Starting in 1993 I began to multitrack (16 track) all of the shows. In 1994 I bumped up to twenty-four tracks. From these recordings came live B-sides, Christmas singles, and eventually Live on Two Legs.

Taken from

http://www.twofeetthick.com/2011/01/19/the-mixer-brett-eliason/
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,460
    steved said:

NewJPage said:

If that is New Orleans, La 9.17.95, that is not SBD.. It is an audience recording.. If you have a SBD recording you would be the only person other than the band to have this.

Most of the November 95' shows are available on SBD or FM sources but not September or earlier 1995 other than Soldier Field and Melbourne.
    Your knowledge is deep
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    steved said:

NewJPage said:

Awesome!!! Now I know, lol.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    mcgruff10 said:

They play EVERYTHING too fast now
  • Options
    my2hands said:

mcgruff10 said:

I'd be ok with a 15 song setlist if they slowed everything down.

I think that All those yesterdays is one of the few songs they do slower?
  • Options

my2hands said:

mcgruff10 said:

I'd be ok with a 15 song setlist if they slowed everything down.

I think that All those yesterdays is one of the few songs they do slower?
    I'd definitely be down with shorter shows if they slowed stuff down. These versions on vault 6 are how they should be played in my opinion.
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Give everyone a 1995 vault and then hit us with a few more 98 shows please
  • Options

after 95 give us a 96! after the 96 maybe a little honking seals to represent 97.
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

I swore I was gonna wait for the vinyl to listen to this, but after reading the comments, I think I may need to buy the CD.

NOW.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options

JR: Has the band catalogued their concerts since their first show (10/22/90)? Various 1992 b-sides included songs from FM recordings, and songs from particular shows were released from 1993 U.S. shows (the fan club single for example). I’m assuming early club shows were put to DAT, but did shows start to get recorded/archived to multi-track at some point?

Brett: I ran cassette initially DAT just wasn’t that prevalent a format in clubs at that point. As we got into 1992 I was running a DAT Walkman at every show. Starting in 1993 I began to multitrack (16 track) all of the shows. In 1994 I bumped up to twenty-four tracks. From these recordings came live B-sides, Christmas singles, and eventually Live on Two Legs.

Taken from

http://www.twofeetthick.com/2011/01/19/the-mixer-brett-eliason/
    Thank you for this info!
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,172
    mcgruff10 said:

after 95 give us a 96! after the 96 maybe a little honking seals to represent 97.
    Yah a '96 would be awesome. I think there's official stuff out there from every tour except No Code.
  • Options
    Zod said:

mcgruff10 said:

Yah a '96 would be awesome. I think there's official stuff out there from every tour except No Code.
    this would be true. I absolutely loved that tour.
  • Options
    Nothing official from 96.... a Pre-FM from Berlin 11-03-96 and an IEM Matrix with a good audience from Hartford 10-2-96 which is nice, better than good quality audience audio, but nothing near these multi-track Soundboards!

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Buy this man a round for the AWESOME idea!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    steved said:

Nothing official from 96.... a Pre-FM from Berlin 11-03-96 and an IEM Matrix with a good audience from Hartford 10-2-96 which is nice, better than good quality audience audio, but nothing near these multi-track Soundboards!

That Hartford is good, but the Charlotte and Hamburg shows have some decent B quality audio too.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,478
    Got around to downloading this tonight, and I can't quite call it the cream of the crop. Sure, it sounds great, but the performance isn't exactly the tightest in their history. Eddie flubs lyrics several times, and his voice quality isn't the greatest (could be due to the late show in Vegas two nights prior). Eddie's guitar playing on Small Town sounds prehistoric (no 1,2,3,4 countdown!). He has improved so much over the years with his playing.

Two things I noticed while listening: (1) There's some sort of effect on Eddie's vocals during Jeremy. (2) It sounds like Eddie starts Daughter with his guitar? I've always remembered Stone starting it.

They screwed up naming the files, too. It's Betterman/Save It For Later and then Daughter/The New World/I Must Not Think Bad Thoughts.

Thank god Eddie didn't sing "Small my table, seats just two, me and (she-who-shall-not-be-named)" during Not For You, otherwise it might have developed "tape limitations" and been omitted. Maybe they selected this show because it has no mention of (she-who-shall-not-be-named)?

It's a solid show, but not spectacular.
  • Options

Got around to downloading this tonight, and I can't quite call it the cream of the crop. Sure, it sounds great, but the performance isn't exactly the tightest in their history. Eddie flubs lyrics several times, and his voice quality isn't the greatest (could be due to the late show in Vegas two nights prior). Eddie's guitar playing on Small Town sounds prehistoric (no 1,2,3,4 countdown!). He has improved so much over the years with his playing.

Two things I noticed while listening: (1) There's some sort of effect on Eddie's vocals during Jeremy. (2) It sounds like Eddie starts Daughter with his guitar? I've always remembered Stone starting it.

They screwed up naming the files, too. It's Betterman/Save It For Later and then Daughter/The New World/I Must Not Think Bad Thoughts.

Thank god Eddie didn't sing "Small my table, seats just two, me and (she-who-shall-not-be-named)" during Not For You, otherwise it might have developed "tape limitations" and been omitted. Maybe they selected this show because it has no mention of (she-who-shall-not-be-named)?

It's a solid show, but not spectacular.

I'd be comfortable in saying that you probably can't find a full show where ed doesn't flub lyrics. As far as Not For You, I have no idea what you're talking about. They're not combing through tapes and any reference to his ex is dismissed as unusable.

What the versions that aren't tight to you?
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    I think 9/11 msg is the best 98 show but this LA show is killer. Its like the official bootlegs that they marked as their picks in 2000. Something stood out to Jeff or whoever picks these.

I dont think Ed played guitar on Small Town back then tho. And def not Daughter