Options

Offer 10c Merch Pre-Order's - Stop the Madness

Comments

• Options
    wobbler_kittywobbler_kitty Millbury, MA Posts: 161
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    I learned my lesson re: waiting in the long merch line at Wrigley in 2013.  We waited for hours, only to see that the posters we wanted were sold out.

The smart thing to do is to get to the venue when doors open, and rush to a merch stand away from the main entrance.  They usually have fresh stock of everything.
    That and people don’t realize that they hold back stock to get through the whole time they’re there. Sure, there’s always one poster or other item that is more limited or more popular than the rest, but they don’t put out their entire stock on the first day. Typically 3 large merch stands open a few days before the show, then there’s smaller ones both outside the stadium and inside on show day(s). If one stand is out of what you want, just head to another one or get it inside when doors open to avoid the lines.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,767
    wobbler_kitty said:

Where do I send my downpayment on a PJ coffin?

You can mail it to me. Non-refundable, cash only deposit of $3,000!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    So I've read hear about poster only lines and that seems like a better idea than what is currently in place. What about a Public tent and a 10C, each with poster only lines?

PJ can get all the masses, and also help out the 10C members at the same time. Then assuming the 10C lines are shorter, it may look as an added benefit for non 10C members to join for future tours. 

That said, I still like the idea of being able to preorder items (at least poster's [limit of 1 of each poster] and t-shirt only, limit) much better.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Poster only lines were tried in the past.  2005 and 2006 at some venues.  I wouldn't want to have to wait in 2 separate merch lines.  This would only lead to more waiting in lines.  No thanks.

Online merch preorders are the answer.
  • Options
    i will pay double face value for any sticker that i think i need
  • Options
    CopperTom said:
    Poster only lines were tried in the past.  2005 and 2006 at some venues.  I wouldn't want to have to wait in 2 separate merch lines.  This would only lead to more waiting in lines.  No thanks.

I think there is little to no doubt that we all agree on the online merch preorder. Most however,  understand it is not what the PJ brand wants.

I think there may have been a misunderstanding in what I meant by a poster only line. There would be one line/stand for posters only. The other line/stand could have all the merch, including posters. So if you want a bunch of crap, you would wait in that line. If you were interested in only a poster, you wouldn't have to wait in line with all those looking to try on shirts etc...
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    wobbler_kitty said:

Seems legit. Sold!
    Post edited by wobbler_kitty on
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    wobbler_kitty said:

is there extra space to take PJ merch with you??  Because my wife says I can’t take it with me, and I’m dying to prove her wrong...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    PP193448 said:
    wobbler_kitty said:

is there extra space to take PJ merch with you??  Because my wife says I can’t take it with me, and I’m dying to prove her wrong...
    Just buy a regular casket and stick all of your PJ stickers on it.  
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    CopperTom said:
    PP193448 said:
    wobbler_kitty said:

Just buy a regular casket and stick all of your PJ stickers on it.  
    Line it with posters instead of felt.  Seriously, you’d be dead.  Why worry about comfort??
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    You can bury me with my PJ socks, they are comfy
  • Options
    PP193448 said:
    wobbler_kitty said:

3 free poster tubes with every purchase. 
  • Options
    I'm planning on NOT buying anything. Don't want more stuff, especially $35 posters that cost $150 to frame. 
    This is is what I keep telling myself, anyway, hoping I can resist when I actually get there. 
    Told myself the same thing at Wrigley last year. Then we walked by the tent. Oh only 45 minutes. All that talk went right out the window. Into the line I went. 
  • Options
    JM144705 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    Poster only lines would solve a lot of it. I seem to always get stuck behind people that can’t decide which shirt to get and have no idea what size they are. 
    That is something that completely baffles me, how grown adults don't know what size t-shirt they are and they have to ask to look at two or three different size shirts. By the time i get to the front of the line at whatever event I'm at I know excatly what I want and the size that I'm buying. It' really not hard.
    The worst I've ever seen was a guy who asked to see every t shirt. 
    "Can I see the medium X shirt?"
    "Can I see the large?"
    "I'll take the medium"
    "Can I see the medium Y shirt?"
    "Can I see the large?"
    "OK. I'll take the medium"

(repeat for every single shirt available)

How about "Can I get a medium of every shirt please?"
  • Options
    CopperTom said:

I think there is little to no doubt that we all agree on the online merch preorder. Most however,  understand it is not what the PJ brand wants.

I think there may have been a misunderstanding in what I meant by a poster only line. There would be one line/stand for posters only. The other line/stand could have all the merch, including posters. So if you want a bunch of crap, you would wait in that line. If you were interested in only a poster, you wouldn't have to wait in line with all those looking to try on shirts etc...
    I don't see any downside to this model. 

Another idea. Have a cash only line. 
  • Options
    Give me a cash only poster & sticker line... 2 max each... and i'm there all day
  • Options
    i am going to start to collect every pin and will pay triple face value. they must be mint though.
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    Give me a cash only poster & sticker line... 2 max each... and i'm there all day
    I thought the point of this thread is so we are NOT there all day?!?!?!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
  • Options
    Sea, could you provide us an update as to whether this (shorter/10C only/poster only merchandise lines) is a discussion point amongst 10C? Or is everything going to stay status quo?
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I wonder if the poster line would just be depleted in quick-order?  I think by design, they wouldnt/shouldnt tap into the "normal line"'s supply.  People who want them would certainly get posters a bit more efficiently and pain free, and it would also open up the "apparel" line a bit more and make it so it isnt quite a war.  
  • Options
    True, however, they saturated the market with so many of the posters the last go around, that they should be fine I would think. 

I mean, they sell more, the make more money. And the flipper market shrinks exponentially. Win/win
  • Options
    A poster line isn't happening... they see what I see, people getting to the front of the line and BUY everything they can... they have created a feeding frenzy... I realized this in Hampton when I saw everybody buying 2 of the ugliest poster ever, just because they could... and anything else they could get their hands on
  • Options
    True, however, they saturated the market with so many of the posters the last go around, that they should be fine I would think. 

I mean, they sell more, the make more money. And the flipper market shrinks exponentially. Win/win
    I'm good with this. I'm not buying for the value/flip. I want a keepsake souvenir. I could care less what the market value is. They did this with bootlegs. Remember how much they cost before the band produced them? Same concept. 
  • Options
    ^^exactly

• Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,868
    derbydave said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    This will be my first stadium show, so I am definitely dreading the merch lines. It's already bad enough at regular PJ arena shows, so I can only imagine how insane it will be at the Seattle Home Shows. 

If they do merch the same way they have for the other stadium shows...
    try to go down to the merch tent/trailer the first day it's open.
    You'll still end up waiting for a while...
    but the lines will be way shorter than they are on show days!
    Since the first Seattle show is on Wednesday,
    I'm thinking the first merch tent will open sometime on Monday!!
    Another tip - take a look on here when they unveil the merch, and note which items are the "favorites" (i.e. The Catch poster from Fenway 2016, the subway poster from Wrigley). If you're into them, go the first day. If you're more into less popular stuff, wait until the day between the shows, and head to the area early in the day. We hit up the merch stands between the two Fenway shows. Went to one booth, nothing in my size. Hit up another, got what we wanted. 20-30 minute lines. You might not get EVERYTHING, but there should be minimal stuff sold out at that point.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    mdaryamdarya The middle Posts: 68
    edited February 2018
    I just want a concert t shirt.  I don't really get the interest in the posters, but am not knocking anyone who wants them.  At Wrigley in 16 they had some cash only lines inside, which went much faster.
    06 Cincinnati
    10 Columbus, Noblesville
    11 Toronto-1
    13 Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    14 Cincinnati
    16 Lexington, Wrigley 1
    17 EV-Louisville
    18 Rome, Missoula, Wrigley 1, Boston 1
    22 Nasville, STL
    23 Ft Worth 1/2
  • Options
    Cash only poster line = the cash only beer vendor. Save me the time!!!!
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    my2hands said:
    A poster line isn't happening... they see what I see, people getting to the front of the line and BUY everything they can... they have created a feeding frenzy... I realized this in Hampton when I saw everybody buying 2 of the ugliest poster ever, just because they could... and anything else they could get their hands on
    ha ha I'm glad I'm not the only one who wasn't thrilled with that poster! It was pretty disappointing.
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,833
    Digging this thread up again since it speaks for itself.  Disappointed I couldn’t get a Rome Poster.  
  • Options
    The outside merch at Prague had only only one pack of posters (50) and was not restocked.  The line was about 100 yards long at 1:00 with the stand opening at 2:00.  C'mon @Santos L. Halper , there has to be a better strategy for 10C and the fans.