Options

New Eddie Vedder picks!

2»

Comments

• Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    edited August 2016
    Never mind... deleted because the more I think about how I THINK Fenway was set up, the more I'm confused! :) Suffice to say it's cool that Ed had crew give picks to the ADA section. Very cool!
    Post edited by JH6056 on
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    edited August 2016
    Double post
    Post edited by JH6056 on
  • Options
    The Camaros HoodThe Camaros Hood Boston, MA Posts: 440
    JM55546 said:

I don't think Eddie threw any of them out during the show on the second night. At the end of the night one of the guys from the crew was given about 20 of them to hand out. That's all.

This is true. I got one standing on second row sticking my hand between two guys on the first row. Love these!
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23
  • Options
    JH6056 said:

JM55546 said:

I don't think Eddie threw any of them out during the show on the second night. At the end of the night one of the guys from the crew was given about 20 of them to hand out. That's all.

On night 2 when Ed was on the Green Monster side of stage he had someone in security handing the EV/23 ones to people he was pointing out in the ADA section during one of the songs. Not sure if he gave any out anywhere else though. I was there with my friend who's in a wheelchair, a kind soul in front of us got one, turned around, asked my friend if he got one and he said no, so the guy just gave it to him. At the end of the show my friend said he wanted me to have it knowing what a big fan I am. I took him to his first PJ show/my 2nd (MSG2 in 2008) and we also went to MIA in Philly together in addition to countless other shows over the years. On my way out I bought him one of the PJ/Fenway wristbands to try to return the favor, though not at all possible. Never thought I could be so excited about getting a guitar pick, add to that an incredible show! Not sure if that generous guy who gave him/me the pick is on here, or if he remembers, but THANK YOU!!!
    Is the Green Monster side the right side of the stage if you're facing the stage? (Sorry, not a Bostonian, have never been clear exactly what the "Green Monster" is!) Was this later in the show, like in the last 1/3 of the show? If so, yeah that guy did give a few more out to people on the rail near the ADA section. That makes sense that maybe Ed specifically asked that that crew person give picks to the ADA section, because it was kind of out of the blue that he ran down the front a little bit handing them out all of a sudden. Not that we minded of course!
    Yea, this was later in the show, toward the end of the main set or during encore 1. The Green Monster is the big wall to the left when facing the stage that had the scoreboard with "Pearl Jam" on it. Mike ran over a few times and threw a bunch of picks out there too.
    "I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love."

Continental Arena I - 6/1/2006
    MSG II - 6/25/2008
    MSG I - 5/20/2010
    Beacon Theatre - 6/21/2011 (EV)
    Made In America Philadelphia - 9/2/2012
    Buffalo -10/12/2013
    Hartford - 10/25/2013
    Philadelphia II - 4/29/2016 (TEN show)
    MSG II - 5/2/2016
    Fenway II Boston - 8/7/2016
    Rock & Roll HOF - 4/7/2017
    Asbury Park, NJ - 9/18/2021
    MSG - 9/11/2022
    Camden - 9/14/2022
  • Options
    JH6056 said:

Hey everyone, not that anyone probably cares that much but I don't like to put mis-information out there so I need to correct something I said above: So I'm really new to the world of PJ guitar picks and I have no idea what's new or old or special. We were really lucky in Boston to run into not 1, but 2 "PJ fairy godfathers/godmothers" and got a few guitar picks, which were all new to me.

I said above that I gave a really cool super-stoked fan who was hearing disabled one of our Ed/23 picks and a few of you said "Good job", which I appreciate. That's the pick I thought I gave him. But in going through the pics on my phone I blew up the one of the fan holding the pick I gave him, and it was one of the "Eddie Vedder" within the Batman logo shape on one side, with "Kapow" on the other side, NOT this new Red Sox font one. Still a really cool pick, and to be honest, at the time I gave it to him, I didn't know that any of them were any more or less rare than the others, I was just psyched when I read this thead that I thought I gave him the rare one.

I know it's not that big a deal, but I care about accuracy and wanted to clear that up. Still, dude was incredibly excited to get the pick, and I gave him the one I thought was the coolest at the time, so it's all good!

That's a really nice pick too!
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    and make that 2 new EV picks as here is his custom Wrigley:
  • Options
    sdavissdavis Posts: 960
    Mike threw a few handfuls of picks out last night
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,854
    those are pretty sweet, good hunting!!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,855

and make that 2 new EV picks as here is his custom Wrigley:

• Options
    How rare is this pick?
  • Options

How rare is this pick?

so far, its pretty rare! Just depends on if EV is done using it or not or uses it going forward
  • Options
    wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,304

How rare is this pick?

so far, its pretty rare! Just depends on if EV is done using it or not or uses it going forward
    Time will tell. Might be a while before we can figure that out I guess.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,767
    That's badass! How the hell do I get one of these? I've been to 15 shows and never even close enough to read what was on Eddies shirt without a jumbo-tron.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    wwsuicide said:

How rare is this pick?

hopefully someone sees what he uses this weekend
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890

wwsuicide said:

How rare is this pick?

hopefully someone sees what he uses this weekend
    Here's to hoping!