Missoula 12
Portland 13, Spokane 13
St. Paul 14, Denver 14
Philly I & II, 16
Denver 22

Comments

• Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,840
    Controlled explosion. Unattended backpack. Hopefully nothing.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,524
    kayaker capsizes on training run after hitting a sofa.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    There's a 41 yr old woman competing in ladies gymnastics. Vault. Wow. Her 7th Olympics Amazing and she won a silver in the last.
    Geez.
    I just love all the stories about the different athletes from around the world. They all work so hard to get there.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,524

There's a 41 yr old woman competing in ladies gymnastics. Vault. Wow. Her 7th Olympics Amazing and she won a silver in the last.
    Geez.
    I just love all the stories about the different athletes from around the world. They all work so hard to get there.

the Olympics are awash with corruption, money and drugs.....but for the "little guys" it's still pretty cool. some american won a bronze in swimming last night and he could not have been happier :smile:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    edited August 2016
    Wobbie said:

Geez.

the Olympics are awash with corruption, money and drugs.....but for the "little guys" it's still pretty cool. some american won a bronze in swimming last night and he could not have been happier :smile:
    It's worth watching for the stories of the little guy.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Micheal Phelps greatest Olympian of all time, he must be part fish, going for 20th gold tonight...amazing
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    im enjoying the olympics this year..
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

Micheal Phelps greatest Olympian of all time, he must be part fish, going for 20th gold tonight...amazing

Very true. It's hard to think of anyone else other than Carl Lewis as the greatest Olympian ever.
  • Options

lukin2006 said:

Very true. It's hard to think of anyone else other than Carl Lewis as the greatest Olympian ever.
    Now that i said that i hope nothing crops up down road, like what happened to that cyclist ... whats his name, hehehe. Going for 20 gold, wow.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,750
    Lily King winning was awesome. Love the US-Russia rivalry coming back!
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,864

Lily King winning was awesome. Love the US-Russia rivalry coming back!

You see the way she mean mugged the Russian right before climbing onto the platform? Then threw the remark out after the race? Plus her commen's from the other day?

Talk about backing yourself up! Little fellow Hoosier respect going out to her tonight.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,654
    edited August 2016

lukin2006 said:

Wasn't Carl Lewis eventually found to have used performance enhancing drugs?

Michael Phelps is pretty fascinating. During the 2008 Olympics I saw a segment about why he's so much better than other swimmers, and the reasons are many. He's basically a "biomechanical freak of nature". Double-jointed ankles (so they act like flippers) and elbows (increasing downward thrust during his arm strokes), a strangely long torso, and extremely long arms. Finally, he produces less than half the amount of lactic acid than most people, so fatigue doesn't set in for him the way it does for others. He can recover from exertion very quickly. He was literally born to swim faster than anyone else. I found that super interesting! All he's missing is webbed feet and hands!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

Wasn't Carl Lewis eventually found to have used performance enhancing drugs?

Michael Phelps is pretty fascinating. During the 2008 Olympics I saw a segment about why he's so much better than other swimmers, and the reasons are many. He's basically a "biochemical freak of nature". Double-jointed ankles (so they act like flippers) and elbows (increasing downward thrust during his arm strokes), a strangely long torso, and extremely long arms. Finally, he produces less than half the amount of lactic acid than most people, so fatigue doesn't set in for him the way it does for others. He can recover from exertion very quickly. He was literally born to swim faster than anyone else. I found that super interesting! All he's missing is webbed feet and hands!
    I hadn't heard that. Ben Johnson was who I think of when I think of male sprinters.
  • Options
    Lewis: 'Who cares I failed drug test?'

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2003/apr/24/athletics.duncanmackay

It appears he was not so clean. And Ben Johnson is a Canadian disgrace...

I doubt for certain we can be sure anyone is clean, I guess you just got to somehow trust the process, if not then you could get disappointed more often than not.

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,216
    hungarians at swimming are amazing
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    The underwater footage of women's water polo is brutal. The pushing, kicking and tugging is so bad one player's boobs fell out.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    lukin2006 said:

I doubt for certain we can be sure anyone is clean, I guess you just got to somehow trust the process, if not then you could get disappointed more often than not.

Wow, I never heard that. Of course, I was drinking heavily around 2003, so that could explain it.
  • Options

lukin2006 said:

Wow, I never heard that. Of course, I was drinking heavily around 2003, so that could explain it.
    lol...I wasn't sure myself, did a quick google search. I think cheating back then was way more common than today, but you never really know who is clean.

• Options
    Team handball is awesome. Wish they had this in the US. Really entertaining.
  • Options

I'd love to see that I don't think I've ever seen that event. The events I'd most like to see is table tennis and badminton.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    USA men's volleyball need to clean up their sloppy play.

Peace

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,864
    USA

USA

USA
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    g under p said:

I'd love to see that I don't think I've ever seen that event. The events I'd most like to see is table tennis and badminton.

Peace

Yay for badminton! All though it doesn't really come across that well on tv, can't wait anyway :smile:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,654
    So this is actually real. :lol: German field hockey teammates. :giggle:

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    20 gold medals for Phelps. That's just crazy.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

So this is actually real. :lol: German field hockey teammates. :giggle:

lol

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    AMERICA, FUCK YA!

Lick on my butt and suck my balls!
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    Phelps is the best American Olympic ever ......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Gymnastics team absolutely killed it! Phelps kickin ass as usual! (His parents went to the same high school as me!) And tell me there isn't a better smile in the world than the fastest woman in the water, Katie Ledecky!