Guns N' Roses Tour:

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    RobbyD462 said:

RobbyD462 said:

I have 2 Ga pit for Vancouver!
    Cost me a small fortune lol

jesus! the prices in winnipeg for pit were $1295!!! Does it really include free booze and food???
    Mine were Amex presale $620 for the pair.
    maybe I'm mistaken then. I paid $618 for my pair and we're in the 100 level. I know the floor were the same price, but the pit was quadruple.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Got 2x Gold circle (Slane castle, Ireland) for Euro 149 each. Anyone been in the gold circle?
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Wow these prices are redic..i wouldn't pay that money to see any current bands.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    Wolfmother supporting in Australia.

Curious to find out who will be supporting in Vancouver. Alice in Chains in Seattle last summer. Hoping for something like one of these two bands.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,166
    Wma31394 said:

Yah it's pretty expensive but they're still milking the fact they haven't really toured like this in over 20 years. I would imagine once their done touring the world, they'll be back to arena shows and lower prices. I don't think the current ticket prices create a repeated viewing kind of environment. I know its preventing me from going again, but I don't regret going once.
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,285
    Zod said:

Wma31394 said:

Yah it's pretty expensive but they're still milking the fact they haven't really toured like this in over 20 years. I would imagine once their done touring the world, they'll be back to arena shows and lower prices. I don't think the current ticket prices create a repeated viewing kind of environment. I know its preventing me from going again, but I don't regret going once.
    this is how I feel also. I'm glad I saw them once but don't need to do it again. (not at those prices)
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    mr bungle said:

Zod said:

Wma31394 said:

this is how I feel also. I'm glad I saw them once but don't need to do it again. (not at those prices)
    Those are only the pit tickets and closest setions. They have 4 other prices ranges, all under $100. Some are only $35.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402

mr bungle said:

Zod said:

Wma31394 said:

Those are only the pit tickets and closest setions. They have 4 other prices ranges, all under $100. Some are only $35.
    This is true, but...

Last night I was looking to see what tickets I could pull for the Minneapolis show. Two tickets at the $69.00 price point would have ran $187.00 after fees/taxes. Not bad for an arena show, but the US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis is a very large place. These tickets were in the upper rows of the upper level.

I still will go, but I'm going to hold off on buying a ticket till closer to the show date. Hopefully ticket prices for this go around will mimic the ones from the earlier tour and come down significantly.
  • Options

mr bungle said:

Zod said:

Wma31394 said:

The $35 dollar ones are at the back of a stadium. Some of the crappiest tickets known to mandkind. I went to Paul McCartney a few years ago at BC Place and were at the front of the upper bowl about 3 sections back from the stage. Even from there I could barely see anything. Most of the seats in stadium's kind of suck :( If you want any chance of having a decent view of the stage you kind of have to be in the $250 tickets (unless you go to the gorge I suppose as it's a much smaller venue).
  • Options
    redrawredraw Posts: 1,275
    Scored 1/2 price tix for the show over here in Oz in Feb :smiley:
    Really good seats!!!
    Hopefully the great reviews keep coming in & Axl doesn't piss anyone off on the long flight over....
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • Options
    Awesome show last night!!!
    Axl managed to still hit most of the high notes & Slash was amazing :rock_on:

If anyone here in Oz is still wondering whether or not to check them out , I highly recommend it.

As Molly would say - "Do yourself a favour"
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    So cool that GNR has such a positive vibe these days
  • Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    redraw said:

If anyone here in Oz is still wondering whether or not to check them out , I highly recommend it.

I stayed away, mostly due to the sound issues that venue has if you are not right up the front. From what I saw online, Axl sounded really good and so did the band. I saw a few clips from friends that were in the stands, further away, and the sound was very average, and they confirmed it was terrible, but they did have a good time. Great set list, with a few songs I would loved to have seen live (Civil War and Patience)

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options

I agree.

Does anyone know who's supporting them in Vancouver? Wolfmother in Australia is sweet.

Alice in Chains in Seattle. Love the great support acts.
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768

I agree.

Does anyone know who's supporting them in Vancouver? Wolfmother in Australia is sweet.

Alice in Chains in Seattle. Love the great support acts.
    I curious about this as well.
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    Last year GNR cut it quite close with announcing the openers. A month in advance on most of the N.A. tour. The AIC opening in Seattle was only announced a few weeks in advance. My theory was that AIC played their own headlining Seattle show and wanted to make sure it sold out before they announced they were opening for GNR.

Regardless it might be a while before we find out who's opening in Vancouver.
  • Options
    Zod said:

Last year GNR cut it quite close with announcing the openers. A month in advance on most of the N.A. tour. The AIC opening in Seattle was only announced a few weeks in advance. My theory was that AIC played their own headlining Seattle show and wanted to make sure it sold out before they announced they were opening for GNR.

Regardless it might be a while before we find out who's opening in Vancouver.

Thanks.

Let's hope for a champion!
  • Options
    No Coder said:

redraw said:

I stayed away, mostly due to the sound issues that venue has if you are not right up the front. From what I saw online, Axl sounded really good and so did the band. I saw a few clips from friends that were in the stands, further away, and the sound was very average, and they confirmed it was terrible, but they did have a good time. Great set list, with a few songs I would loved to have seen live (Civil War and Patience)

I had seats on the field and thought the sound was fine, although could have been louder!!!
    I've always heard the same reports of shitty sound in the grandstands there but have been lucky enough to get good tix for all shows I've been to at QSAC.
    It really was a great night - much better than I expected :smiley:
  • Options
    Just bought tickets to their Gothenburg gig next summer. Bought regular GA tix, didn't care about the Golden Circle tickets... even though they were only 35 dollars more. 

Yeah yeah whatever. 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Holy Appetite reissue.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    Holy Appetite reissue.

yikes
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Kind of underwhelmed by it. Thought they would include a live show at least. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Shadow of your love released on Spotify today.
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    JK_Livin said:
    Holy Appetite reissue.
     =) 
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    How are you underwhelmed by it?? 49 unreleased tracks. 49!

Watch the video advertizing the megabox to get an idea of what they’re releasing. Considering AFD is one of my all time favorite debut albums ever, I can’t wait to get my hands on at lease some of this stuff:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CpVrCQv3m7c&ebc=ANyPxKqLHzhuWv4r5GJhw38ibv2Czmea3fXJuIGjzcj-EXkZc7W_JYgQ9637_bQPRLqKJtK3FpetEMLGciDIHnWwI7HmQdHFJw

"Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    PJWGIII said:
    How are you underwhelmed by it?? 49 unreleased tracks. 49!

Watch the video advertizing the megabox to get an idea of what they’re releasing. Considering AFD is one of my all time favorite debut albums ever, I can’t wait to get my hands on at lease some of this stuff:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CpVrCQv3m7c&ebc=ANyPxKqLHzhuWv4r5GJhw38ibv2Czmea3fXJuIGjzcj-EXkZc7W_JYgQ9637_bQPRLqKJtK3FpetEMLGciDIHnWwI7HmQdHFJw

Bump!!
    I can't wait for this!
  • Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,888
    Love GNR and this album absolutely kicks ass.. What am I missing here? $179 for cd's, etc.... $999 then you get some vinyl, etc, with it? I'm all about a kick ass box set for an album I love, but $179 for cd's and misc stuff. All of these rare/demo songs will eventually find the light of day. What am I missing here? 
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    Nothing.  Band's have been doing this for the last number of years.  New albums don't sell that much, so they release expensive super deluxe version of their classic albums for a fair amount of money.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,243
    The ultimate package is insane. There is so much shit in there. A ton of vinyl and CDs with all the other crap plus that vault style box.

I am interested in the remastered from the analog tapes vinyl package for $35.98. Curious to know who they have doing the pressings. If the Shadow of Your Love release is a sample of the quality then this will sound amazing. I bought the 24kt gold CD back in the day and still have it. Probably was more hype than noticeable audio difference.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    I want those skull rings. 

and yes, I'm in my fucking 40's. so fucking what?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com