Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,699

Well looks like since he has a fresh horse since firing his old campaign manager things are looking up.
    http://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/06/trump-raises-51-million-in-june-as-donation-efforts-ramp-up.html

Yeah not bad. Buuuuut it's half of what Romney raised in June of 2012 and 17 million less than what Clinton raised in June. Oh and he's praising Saddam Hussein, tweeting that Frozen is anti Semitic, is in danger of being the first republican in 60 years to lose the college educated white vote, and two of his VP choices took themselves out of the running.

Things are looking up alright!
    The most interesting part of the article, for me, was the fact that he hasn't filed the paperwork to forgive the loans he made to himself for the primary season. This means he could use the campaign donations to pay himself back. He said he was filing them, but hasn't yet. Maybe he'll just give it to charity.

BTW, for both candidates, these are self reported numbers. Real FEC filings don't happen for a few weeks. So then we'll see where we are. Not that Trump would exaggerate. I don't mean to imply that.
  • Options

Well looks like since he has a fresh horse since firing his old campaign manager things are looking up.
    http://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/06/trump-raises-51-million-in-june-as-donation-efforts-ramp-up.html

Yeah not bad. Buuuuut it's half of what Romney raised in June of 2012 and 17 million less than what Clinton raised in June. Oh and he's praising Saddam Hussein, tweeting that Frozen is anti Semitic, is in danger of being the first republican in 60 years to lose the college educated white vote, and two of his VP choices took themselves out of the running.

I don't think his tweet was anti-Semitic at all.
    In fact if Frozen wants to use religious symbols so what?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,323

No we know everything he has done/said up to this point has all been made up by the media ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

It originated from a racist website. The Disney defense is absurd.
  • Options
    ^^^
    It was not a defense.
    He was asking why there is no outrage when used in one context compared to his.
    His was an ad to appeal to Jewish voters.
    He is for and understands the star of david.
  • Options

^^^
    It was not a defense.

The Star of David is not racist. It was the context... Corrupt, money, all the things that were pinned on Jews for a thousand years.

Did you see David Duke retweeted it with anti Zionist language? He got it.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

^^^
    It was not a defense.

The Star of David is not racist. It was the context... Corrupt, money, all the things that were pinned on Jews for a thousand years.

No one made this about religion until the media did.
    Does this not seem strange?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,661

mrussel1 said:

^^^
    It was not a defense.

Actually nobody made it about religion until the white supremacists did.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

^^^
    It was not a defense.

Actually nobody made it about religion until the white supremacists did.
    Me talk sports now.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

^^^
    It was not a defense.

Who is no one? That is another Trump talking point. Where else would we hear it from but the media? I don't follow Trump. It's so blatantly obvious that is is anti Zionist. Is this just another unfortunate coincidence for the Trump team? Is Duke pointing to Disney too?

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

^^^
    It was not a defense.

Who is no one? That is another Trump talking point. Where else would we hear it from but the media? I don't follow Trump. It's so blatantly obvious that is is anti Zionist. Is this just another unfortunate coincidence for the Trump team? Is Duke pointing to Disney too?

How come anti-Trump people can post anti-semitic propaganda?
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

^^^
    It was not a defense.

lamest....defense....ever...
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

^^^
    It was not a defense.

That totally sounds like a Trump tweet.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

^^^
    It was not a defense.

Just stop trying to defend the indefensible. Like I said, I have no idea if Trump is racist or anti-Semitic or not. I do know that racists gravitate to him, that's for sure. Whether he meant it as ant-Semitic or not, we don't know. But it's a fact that it originated in precisely the same form, at a site that traffics in racism. The Disney defense is bullshit. The 'sheriff' defense is bullshit. It was meant, by the author, as a star of David. I think his campaign is just too stupid to have realized it.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

^^^
    It was not a defense.

Just stop trying to defend the indefensible. Like I said, I have no idea if Trump is racist or anti-Semitic or not. I do know that racists gravitate to him, that's for sure. Whether he meant it as ant-Semitic or not, we don't know. But it's a fact that it originated in precisely the same form, at a site that traffics in racism. The Disney defense is bullshit. The 'sheriff' defense is bullshit. It was meant, by the author, as a star of David. I think his campaign is just too stupid to have realized it.
    You have no idea if he is what most people say he is?
    Anyone that likes Trump is a racist?
    You just don't know yet you and many others cast judgment on this man.

• Options

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

^^^
    It was not a defense.

You have no idea if he is what most people say he is?
    Anyone that likes Trump is a racist?
    You just don't know yet you and many others cast judgment on this man.

I'm talking about this tweet. I don't recall calling him a racist. His attacks on Curiel were racist, but I think they were motivated by his stupid defense of his university and that was his best angle, in his twisted mind. But I absolutely think he appeals to racists and does not emphatically disown them.

But that's all a distraction by you. The bottom line is this tweet was racist. All his various defenses are silly.
  • Options
    ^^^
    Your opinion is that he appeals to racists.
    Am I racist because I sometimes post truths that he says?
    A distraction? No. Trump appeals to many not just the uneducated racists.
  • Options

^^^

I didn't say just or only. But it's a fact that he appeals to racist. David Duke is example one. You can peruse a Stormtrooper site for plenty more examples. See how many of those people like Hillary or Obama.
  • Options
    ^^^
    Yes he appeals to some people that are racist.
    How many voters didn't vote Obama? Are they racist?
  • Options

^^^

Stop asking inane questions. You can't possibly misunderstand what I'm saying.
  • Options
    ^^^
    Yes I do perhaps that is why you can't be the self nominated conservative around here.
    Do it with conviction so there is no confusion.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126

^^^

In the first election of Obama I didn't vote for the President and I'm far from anything racist.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p said:

^^^

In the first election of Obama I didn't vote for the President and I'm far from anything racist.

Peace

And no one said that, although that's what PJFAN is trying to box me into saying. I don't believe it so no amount of screwy questions will get me there.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    mrussel1 said:

g under p said:

^^^

Peace

And no one said that, although that's what PJFAN is trying to box me into saying. I don't believe it so no amount of screwy questions will get me there.
    I know and I hear ya. :smile:

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    This is from a Reuters poll of 16000 people (huge sample) measuring the racial attitudes of the supporters of Clinton, Trump, Cruz and Kasich. Oops.. who is the outlier here?? This completely supports my statements above that, although not all Trump supporters are racists, racists are disproportionately drawn to him. http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-race-idUSKCN0ZE2SW

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,570
    edited July 2016
    mrussel1 said:

This is from a Reuters poll of 16000 people (huge sample) measuring the racial attitudes of the supporters of Clinton, Trump, Cruz and Kasich. Oops.. who is the outlier here?? This completely supports my statements above that, although not all Trump supporters are racists, racists are disproportionately drawn to him. http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-race-idUSKCN0ZE2SW

Donald Trump does really well among white voters without a college degree.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trump-may-become-the-first-republican-in-60-years-to-lose-white-college-graduates/
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,840

^^^

You don't have to be uneducated to be racist.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trump-may-become-the-first-republican-in-60-years-to-lose-white-college-graduates/
    Yeah I saw this too. I love 538... best info out there. Anyway, none of this should shock anyone. Everyone I work with is college educated, most are white (proportional to the pop.) and most are traditionally Republican. They all make fun of Trump and think he's an idiot.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,748
    The other day I was playing a game of MLB The Show on PS4 and my opponent's team was called "Make 'Merica Great Again" and his jerseys said "I Love The Poorly Educated." After the game (which he won), I sent him a message saying that I couldn't stop laughing at his jersey. He replied "The funniest thing is I get messages from Trump supporters saying things like 'Go Trump!' like I'm not making fun of them."
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,991
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Yeah I saw this too. I love 538... best info out there. Anyway, none of this should shock anyone. Everyone I work with is college educated, most are white (proportional to the pop.) and most are traditionally Republican. They all make fun of Trump and think he's an idiot.
    But who will they vote for?

I was surprised to hear that my rabid right wing sister/brother-in-law didn't think much of Trump. I guess they might see Johnson as the alternative.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
This discussion has been closed.