Anyone want to shape up in 2018? A continuing journey.......

Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
edited February 2018 in All Encompassing Trip
I want to be healthier this year, eat better and exercise more. I'm looking to drop 20 pounds and I would like to do it before PJ25! I 've been lazy and eating foods that make me feel terrible. I really want to get some energy back and fit into my clothes!

Eating whole fresh foods, planning my meals and packing lunches is number one on my list. I think I'll get the foods in order then add on some trips to the gym. I belong to one but use it rarely.

Anyone interested in jumping in with me? Be there for support, ideas and accountability?
Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
Post edited by Sprunkn7 on

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Yeah why not?

I bought P90x3 and did a few workouts, then got busy with the holidays, so starting again in January.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    I'm in. We could take turns finding/sharing healthy meal ideas/recipies......?
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    yay! I have the reg p90x which I completed a few years ago...got great results but it kicked my ass! I can do that again. I was going to use the gym for classes, maybe some yoga and pilates.
    Food is my problem...I love shitty food :blush:
    ha, and booze..I'll cut back on that.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,818
    Sprunkn7 said:

But not before you finish your bottle of vodka, right?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf

Sprunkn7 said:

But not before you finish your bottle of vodka, right?
    I said cut back...not stop!! and vodka isn't "bad" like Baileys or Kahlua! Red wine and vodka still on my ok list :-)
    Getting my last urges out before friday. Got an everything bagel from the Upper Crust which is the best bagel place everrrrrrr this morning. Finishing the holiday lasagna tonight, and eating some of the holiday candy that isn't 75% cocoa.
    I'm weighing in on Friday...and deciding if I want to take some pictures...uggh dread, but they are a motivator!
    Lmao! I love it. I have everything bagels in the house right now. I have 1 for breakfast every xmas morning. Yum!

Shit I didn't realize this starts Friday hahaha! I better eat my pistachio ice cream pronto!

I will be cheating the weekend of the 9th because it's my birthday, my b b b b bbbbirthday! And I will be celebrating xmas with my parents and sis this weekend as well and I fully intend on eating!
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Considered it, but I think I'm gonna stay a fat fuck for a while longer.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    edited December 2015
    I'm semi-in but choose to lurk while offering support.

(not fat but in shape? Ha! - shall be hunkering in Camp DK for now)

And good for you, OP, and all taking this on.
    dankind said:

Considered it, but I think I'm gonna stay a fat fuck for a while longer.

oh pleeeeze you are so full of it.

I'm starting Friday but I have 2 shows at the Cap this weekend. I'll be drinking vodka and soda to stay low carb and I think I'll only go to Pats Hubba Hubba for one chili dog on Friday night and skip the one Saturday night...lol. Seriously, Not really buckling in until Sunday. And no such thing as "cheats" It's your birthday...eat the freakin cake. I'm not looking to be a food snob all the time..but most of the time!

I did a Whole 30 and lost 20 pounds in that time. But here I am 2 years later and It's all back. I'm looking to lose and moderate my "bad" foods. I mean I can never live without pizza, but REALLY GOOD pizza, not frozen Elios....Oh I wish we had a Mod Pizza here!

Lurking is appreciated :chicken: jk...I'll take all the help I can get.
    I decided on no pictures, I'm already grossed out by my flab, no reason to gross out everybody else or have proof of my flab.

I fell of the fit wagon when I tore ligaments in my ankle 2 years ago...that ankle still acts up, pretty sure I can still keep up. I'll take my glucosamine and MSM.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,102
    Call it the sub200 club
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    The title of this thread puts the Grease song in my head every time I open AET.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,683
    Hi all! I've been trying to "get right" with the whole weight thing for a couple months. Hope the below helps for someone!

Try out this new awesome healthy recipe. It has blown away everyone I have made it for and is VERY healthy. Let me know how it works if you try it. I use flour tortillas. You can use whatever you'd like. Cheese, sour cream and guacamole could all be added, but there really is no need for any of them with this recipe.

Chicken Fajitas:

3 Boneless chicken breast
    Fresh Cilantro
    5 limes
    Olive oil
    Garlic Salt (or fresh garlic) to taste

Chicken:
    Cut chicken breast in quarters. Put cut chicken in gallon zip lock bag. Add 3T of olive oil and all cilantro (chopped) and gartichoke salt. Next, juice 1 lime into the same bag. Slice remaining 4 limes and add to bag. Seal bag and mix it all up. Let marinate at least 1 hour (or 12 hours). Grill chicken. After grilling, roughly chop up chicken.

Fajitas:
    Onion
    Green Bell Pepper
    Red Bell Pepper
    Zucchini Squash
    Summer Squash
    Salt & Pepper (to taste)
    Olive Oil

Slice onion, red and green peppers and put in skillet. Add 1T olive oil, salt and pepper. Begin cooking. As ingredients begin to become soft, add in zucchini and summer squash. Once all ingredients are softened, add to tortillas along with grilled checked breasts.

Mind blown!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Yeah, Danny Zuko does
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    i want to but im on medication
    you better shape up....cause i need a man.....I think I'm past the shiny leggings and candies stage but I wouldn't mind having her flat belly!

Chicken sounds amazing. I'll try it and put it in lettuce cups
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Count me in. I would like to lose 20 pounds. If I can lose more, that would be super. I will be with RK and will not be posting photos. Perhaps I could at the end, but I'm not feeling it now. (Well, I am. Sadly I'm feeling rather round.)

Because of ACL reconstruction, I have to watch some of the exercise stuff that I do, but will hop in to update progress. I've joined the ladies at work (with a scale!) as accountability, too. They wrote my weight now (eek!) and I'll be weighing in with them on Wednesdays.

Thank you for organizing this.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,244
    I'm in to be a stronger runner and create a lifestyle that supports that goal.

I asked one of my cardiologists if I needed to lose weight, and he said, "you're good." I would like to be a better runner, though.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    I'm not posting pictures on here, good lord hells no!!! My eyes only, password protected too!

I stepped on the scale and did some measurements. Uggh, no wonder my pants feel snug in the waist.

Last year my PJ SS gave me a PJ gift card and I scooped up the green sweatsuit. They only had it in medium. That suit will make a premier at PJ25 if I have to lose 25 pounds lol....
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Ms. Haiku said:

I asked one of my cardiologists if I needed to lose weight, and he said, "you're good." I would like to be a better runner, though.

I'll lose weight. You run. I don't run. Not unless something is after me. See me running? You should too. :rofl:

In all seriousness, we support you in your goal. Do you have a time goal, distance goal or what type of goal? Though I'm not a runner, my SIL is a marathon runner. (She has run MCM in your town and I was there!) I understand the goal portion of running. I admire you for running. :hug:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    deadendp said:

Ms. Haiku said:

I'll lose weight. You run. I don't run. Not unless something is after me. See me running? You should too. :rofl:

In all seriousness, we support you in your goal. Do you have a time goal, distance goal or what type of goal? Though I'm not a runner, my SIL is a marathon runner. (She has run MCM in your town and I was there!) I understand the goal portion of running. I admire you for running. :hug:
    me too, a runner I am not! Always admired them tho!
    One of my docs does Iron Mans....she has 4 kids....she gets up at 4am everyday to run. She loves it.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Is the pope catholic?
    I can still pig out on crappy food for another 2 hours and 8 minutes...

- Christopher McCandless
    I just dropped $100 at TJ Maxx but got some great new work out duds. Ok, now I'm out the door for the gym. Just walking for about 45 minutes on the treadmill. Ease into it :-)
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,648

Is the pope catholic?

does a bear shit in the woods?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly

Is the pope catholic?

does a bear shit in the woods?
    actually no...a bear shits in SD's back yard.

Thread Integrity: I went on a 3 mile walk around Alki with the dogs today.

- Christopher McCandless
    Great job sprunk and rk!

My all time favorite veggie is cauliflower! If you haven't used it to substitute potato give it a try!

Just boil the cauliflower - drain. You can eat plain or add a little fat free or reduced sour cream.

Yum!
    Sorry meant to mention to mash the cauliflower like you would mashed potatoes.