Options

The PJ Birthday List

Comments

• Options
    DancedNLaughterDancedNLaughter the 509 Posts: 323
    I don't know if this is how it was in the old forum, but under "edit profile", I was able to enter my birthday and it's showing up on my profile. I know that it's only recently I've been able to do that because I had asked for some help in being able to change my location, and when that got fixed, the other options popped up too.
    Push me and I will resist . . .
    Let me run into the rain . . . .to shine a human light today . . .
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    haha I'm already on the list.

I bet we could get one person for everyday
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    deadendp said:

I miss it too! Thanks for doing this, but maybe we need an **offical** petition or something?

I've requested that the mods consider making it a sticky on AET. It would be far more convenient than having to hunt this thread down all of the time.
    You can click the star in the top right corner of the original post, and then it will show up in your profile favorite menu (by clicking the start next to your picture.)
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    FrankieG said:

deadendp said:

I miss it too! Thanks for doing this, but maybe we need an **offical** petition or something?

I've requested that the mods consider making it a sticky on AET. It would be far more convenient than having to hunt this thread down all of the time.
    You can click the star in the top right corner of the original post, and then it will show up in your profile favorite menu (by clicking the start next to your picture.)
    Hey thanks I never knew what that star meant. I the past I must've clicked on them several times and certain threads that I liked or started are there unknowingly.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p said:

FrankieG said:

deadendp said:

Hey thanks I never knew what that star meant. I the past I must've clicked on them several times and certain threads that I liked or started are there unknowingly.

Peace
    Not sure how I found it, but it's really handy for saving threads that you know you will go back to and bump.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

I don't know if this is how it was in the old forum, but under "edit profile", I was able to enter my birthday and it's showing up on my profile. I know that it's only recently I've been able to do that because I had asked for some help in being able to change my location, and when that got fixed, the other options popped up too.

Found that the other day, but I want it towards the top-- permanently for everyone. :whine: ;)
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Bump!
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,727

deadendp said:

:plus_one:
    Yes, or trying to remember to bump it.

Speaking of.... bump!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    End of the day because it's someone's birthday somewhere BUMP!
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Just noticed you updated the OP with each name as the link to their respective happy birthday thread.

Nice touch. :smile:
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    Bump
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

I have no clue how to find old threads. Could be because I never really made an effort.

Seeing some "old" timers in this thread. Nice.

How long do you have to be here in order to be called an old timer?
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Hobbes said:

Just noticed you updated the OP with each name as the link to their respective happy birthday thread.

Nice touch. :smile:

How do you do that?
  • Options
    Copy the link, go back to the original post, highlight the name, click on the link icon (looks like a chain and next to the quote bubble), paste the link in that box then hit okay or whatever the little box says to link it.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940

I have no clue how to find old threads. Could be because I never really made an effort.

if you remember when this board was free

Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

I was somebody else when the board was free...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,775

e throug

Long enough for me to recognize your user name. Lol. Seriously, I don't know, I guess it depends on how many board changes youve endured. I've been around since 2001, that's all I can speak to.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    RKCNDY said:

I wasn't..
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    ;)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Great idea
    Im 31 August
    Thanks!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    Jan. 26 is mine
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Bump because it can't be on page 2.
  • Options

Dang! Some of you are o-o-o-o-o-ld! :lol:

And of course, Birthday Thread Bump!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    What is this doing on the second page bump(especially since we have an important bday coming up).

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options

What is this doing on the second page bump(especially since we have an important bday coming up).

So true! (Actually, they're all important! :smiley: )

• Options
    brianlux said:

You are quiet right sir, I just meant that there was one right around the corner. Hopefully we get enough on here again that they are all just around the corner!

• Options

brianlux said:

You are quiet right sir, I just meant that there was one right around the corner. Hopefully we get enough on here again that they are all just around the corner!
    :plus_one:

• Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    dec 19
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    December 15
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    edited August 2015
    RKCNDY said:

I was somebody else both namewise and personally during the free days. Thankfully I'm no longer either of those.
    Post edited by Gary Carter on
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

This discussion has been closed.