Options

Are we headed for another crash in the stock market ?

Dear Reader,
It is only a matter of time before the stock market plunges by 50% or more, according to several reputable experts.
Mark Spitznagel, the hedge fund manager who is famous for his hugely profitable billion-dollar bet on the 2008 crisis, said, "We have no right to be surprised by a severe and imminent stock market crash. In fact, we must absolutely expect it."
Unfortunately, Spitznagel isn't alone.
"We are in a gigantic financial asset bubble," warns Swiss adviser and fund manager Marc Faber. "It could burst any day."
And billion-dollar investor Warren Buffett is rumored to be preparing for a collapse as well, as his "Warren Buffett Indicator" is breaching crash-alert status.
So With a Severe Market Crash
Looming, What Should You Do?

There are no easy answers . . .
And that is why our top investment expert, Sean Hyman, has prepared a video that explains what you should do next. (It's not what you think!)
In this must-see video, Sean even reveals his "crash alert system" and how he plans on getting 18.79% a year . . . for the rest of his life.
Click Here to Watch This Exciting Video Now

**the prices on our stocks have fallen (UTC) and this morning I get theis propaganda e-mail from the GOP and of course there's always
something for sale LOL !....I stopped giving to politions a while ago, saddly I have come to see that they're all F'd up crooks..DUH ! LOL !!!!!
but anyway what do you guys think of this latest info on the markets ?

Godfather.

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,990
    do you have a link?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,938
    Sales pitch. Market will crash but I can get you almost 19% return.

Selling fear. I think Buffet can be trusted with his advice or outlook.
    Go to that (buffet or berkshire hathaway) source and verify
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,938
    GF I know a Nigerian prince who will give you free money.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    mickeyrat said:

Sales pitch. Market will crash but I can get you almost 19% return.

Selling fear. I think Buffet can be trusted with his advice or outlook.
    Go to that (buffet or berkshire hathaway) source and verify

Yeah,these cats do this with oil prices,gold,silver,natural gas etc.Mickeys on point and he's right on target here.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

GF I know a Nigerian prince who will give you free money.

We probably know the same Nigerian prince because I do too!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,570
    Isn't the original post on this thread considered spam?
  • Options

Isn't the original post on this thread considered spam?

More a mistake I'd say.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    that poor prince.He just can't get his dead sisters money out of the country.Its sad.We should help him.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,773
    LOL! Sorry, I have to laugh. These things pop up on regular rotation. "Stock Market on Verge of Crash!" "Fail of Economy about to Send us Back to Dark Ages!" "Economic Collapse Imminent!"

Any of these things are vaguely possible (though I would guess a slower decline is much more likely) but its the tone of authority and "sure thing" flavor with which these things are written that make them a joke. And of course, read on because you have to know, they just want to sell you something.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    brianlux said:

LOL! Sorry, I have to laugh. These things pop up on regular rotation. "Stock Market on Verge of Crash!" "Fail of Economy about to Send us Back to Dark Ages!" "Economic Collapse Imminent!"

Any of these things are vaguely possible (though I would guess a slower decline is much more likely) but its the tone of authority and "sure thing" flavor with which these things are written that make them a joke. And of course, read on because you have to know, they just want to sell you something.

well, like I stated it's (GOP PROPAGANDA) but lets hear more about this Nigerian prince .....
    does he have more than one sister ? LOL !!!!!!!
    but on serious note: our stocks have fallen quite a bit more than they have in a loooong time and the gossip around the water cooler is that they will continue to fall for a while and so are other stocks, so I was just curious if anybody knew anything about the stock market and what's going on with it.

Godfather.

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941

brianlux said:

well, like I stated it's (GOP PROPAGANDA) but lets hear more about this Nigerian prince .....
    does he have more than one sister ? LOL !!!!!!!
    but on serious note: our stocks have fallen quite a bit more than they have in a loooong time and the gossip around the water cooler is that they will continue to fall for a while and so are other stocks, so I was just curious if anybody knew anything about the stock market and what's going on with it.

Godfather.

Those congregating around the same water coolers probably read from similar sources and come to similar conclusions, ending up with more certainty in their beliefs (the power of groupthink).

All I know is that if there were anything more than suppositions about the state of the stock market (i.e. certainty of impending change), the stock market would respond immediately and dramatically. That's how depressions come into effect - the reality of a poor economy (or recession) leaves people with less funds to invest, and less hope about return on investment. Those combine to create an exponentially downward trend, and a recession pivots into a depression. Looking at the NASDAQ's stock for the past five days, the trend is downward. Any further zoomed out (1 month, 1 quarter, 1 year, 5 years) shows a positive trend. I wouldn't worry yet, GF, though I'm far from an expert, and would love to learn more from others here.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    I don't know, GF, as a normal everyday kind of guy I don't have much faith in the stock market. First of all, it's rigged-- did you read about how last year Athena using complex computer programs and sophisticated algorithms to manipulate closing prices on stocks in order to make a ton of money? I bet that kind of thing happens all the time. And you're up against all these high-speed trading robots to boot. Unless your in on this kind of thing, you really can win.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    brianlux said:

I don't know, GF, as a normal everyday kind of guy I don't have much faith in the stock market. First of all, it's rigged-- did you read about how last year Athena using complex computer programs and sophisticated algorithms to manipulate closing prices on stocks in order to make a ton of money? I bet that kind of thing happens all the time. And you're up against all these high-speed trading robots to boot. Unless your in on this kind of thing, you really can win.

I just watch my company stocks, it's one of those deals that I'll keep an eye on till I retire and after that I'll never be involved with stocks or trading.

Godfather.

• Options
    I only peak 4 times a year.Especially if its a long term play.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    brianlux said:

Check this article out on high-frequency trading. Absolutely fascinating.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/10736960/High-frequency-trading-when-milliseconds-mean-millions.html
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:

brianlux said:

Check this article out on high-frequency trading. Absolutely fascinating.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/10736960/High-frequency-trading-when-milliseconds-mean-millions.html
    The term "smoke and mirrors" come to mind, haha! I'm so glad I don't venture into that world!

• Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2015
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,824
    rr165892 said:

I only peak 4 times a year.Especially if its a long term play.

Everything is going to be ok.
    When the stock market tanks, and everyone is broke.

Just give em all $15 an hour, and it will solve everything!

Hahahaha
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2015
    “It was as if someone knew what he was trying to do and was reacting to his desire to sell before he had fully expressed it.”

Sounds eerily familiar to some of the Milton Keynes Rant. 4:25-4:35
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4ukBCCyczA
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    mikepegg44mikepegg44 Posts: 3,353
    The short answer to this question is always yes. We are always headed towards another crash. they are inevitable as correction happens. Anyone telling you to prepare for a crash is like saying you should always carry an umbrella in the desert because eventually it will rain; the kicker is they probably sell umbrellas.

Markets rise and fall, I mean shit, in the 1600's fucking tulip bulbs were one of the most valuable commodities in the world. The value increased to thousands of today's dollars for one bulb and then in the span of days the prices fell so hard for them people went bankrupt on the backs of TULIP BULBS.

Our market will correct and hopefully it happens slowly over time in small increments so that it can rebound from those corrections before the next one comes. I doubt we will see the severity of the 2008 collapse for a while. If I were to guess the problem it will be the student loan bubble before anything else, but it is only a guess.

that’s right! Can’t we all just get together and focus on our real enemies: monogamous gays and stem cells… - Ned Flanders
    It is terrifying when you are too stupid to know who is dumb
    - Joe Rogan
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

The short answer to this question is always yes. We are always headed towards another crash. they are inevitable as correction happens. Anyone telling you to prepare for a crash is like saying you should always carry an umbrella in the desert because eventually it will rain; the kicker is they probably sell umbrellas.

Markets rise and fall, I mean shit, in the 1600's fucking tulip bulbs were one of the most valuable commodities in the world. The value increased to thousands of today's dollars for one bulb and then in the span of days the prices fell so hard for them people went bankrupt on the backs of TULIP BULBS.

Our market will correct and hopefully it happens slowly over time in small increments so that it can rebound from those corrections before the next one comes. I doubt we will see the severity of the 2008 collapse for a while. If I were to guess the problem it will be the student loan bubble before anything else, but it is only a guess.

I'll start first with my disclaimer that I think the original post is a BS marketing email to drum up business, targeting frightened investors. That being said...

Hopefully it happens slowly, but we've seen crazy stuff the past couple of decades. And the student loan bubble will definitely be one cause. I also think real estate will correct in a couple of years. That market is crazy right now, at least around here, with buyers having to bid against each other above asking price, limited inventory, and rents skyrocketing. I also think we're in for another tech bubble burst soon. When Uber has a higher market cap than Delta Airlines and AirBnB has a higher market cap than Hilton International it is clear that we are back to over-inflated, irresponsible, speculative investing in tech stocks again. So we may see a slow correction if only one of these three areas corrects, but if they all decide to correct, or burst at the same time we may be in for a ride again. Tech bubble burst in 2000. Tech bubble burst in 2008. If the tech bubble bursts again in 2016 I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

I'm no analyst, and am not much of a prognosticator. I am just someone who was completely destroyed in 2008, lost everything due to the crash (equities, real estate, hell even my marriage), so am now pretty bearish on all of these markets. Just be careful out there - don't leverage yourself, don't overextend your obligations, don't trust in continued rapid growth and expect double digit rates of return to go on indefinitely. And don't fall for scams like in the OP.

Or go ahead and party like it's 1999. I'll still volunteer to be a shoulder to cry on after the correction(s). Been there, done that.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Sorry to hear about that Jeff.I also got caught with my hand in cookie jar with a couple of investment properties.They are showing signs of life again which is good,but when it comes to the market I work a slow steady conservative approach.Hell,I had a BS annuity at the time of the crash that had a 3.50% return floor guaranteed.That sucker looked like a rock star compared to other accounts at that time.lol
    I'm keeping an eye on the rate increase this fall.Lets see how this effects the housing market,but maybe has a bit of a positive impact on other sectors like bonds.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Sounds like you're taking a smart approach. If I could do it all over again life would be different! lol. But I got caught up in the ride and was too leveraged to bail when things got bad, so had to watch everything get flushed. Those were crazy times, and I certainly learned some valuable life lessons. I think if you're cautious, know (and don't ignore) the risks, diversify, and invest for the long haul you should be fine. A conservative approach with modest expectations is the key, and it sounds like that's exactly what you're doing. Smart man!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Not sexy,just safe and steady.work up a plan,hedge against inflation with a modest return,hope for stable markets and the occasional nice pick.Im not into gambling,ya know?
    We have all learned costly lessons.how else do we know what not to do.
    Post edited by rr165892 on
  • Options
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    DriftingByTheStormDriftingByTheStorm Posts: 8,684
    edited August 2015
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about the hard fall, jeffbr. I hope things have turned around for you since then!

So many people have been hurt by just trying to find a way to invest for their future, especially since pensions and retirement funds are not what they used to be. We invest rather conservatively and maybe that will hold us back a bit but I lost almost everything I had in the 90's (for different reason) so I take things cautiously 'cause I don't want to go there again. And I don't see retirement happening anytime soon. Actually I'll probably do what a friend said to me recently. She said, "I'll retire the day I take my last breath".

• Options
    What really is retirement in today's context?

Is it finally being selfish and indulging in ones personal adventures ? Exploring the things and places that hectic everyday life has had us put on the back burner?Or is it slowing down the pace until you die?
    I personally don't think I could ever stop doing.Some day in the not to distant future I would love to get out of the 50-60 hr a week grind and sell our business.
    Id love to then open a True Rock and Roll bar in my next chapter.My area really needs one.I want it to smell like the 70s.lol or I want to get a food truck and while wearing my flip flops,cargos and backward baseball cap cook up some killer street grub up by the beach.
    I just know I need to plan for my wife to live out her life comfortably after I pass,and she's so stubborn she will probably live to 105,so nothing is done anytime soon.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,655
    I would say that a stock market crash is ALWAYS inevitable eventually. The question is always when, not if, and how long will recovery take this time.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    Godfather

are you watching what is going on this morning....

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland