Hair and Beauty Tips

167891012»

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141

Ladies.......Looking for a GENTLE body scrub? Who isn't? Amirite?!?!?!?!?!?

Mix a 2 to 1 ratio of olive oil and sea salt to make a quick and effective body scrub. This helps get rid of dead skin cells creating softer, more glowing skin. And this natural beauty tip is much cheaper that expensive store bought body scrubs.

Thank me later.

This works better with Coconut oil, as it absorbs into the skin better. Olive oil is hard to use on skin because it's skien ratio is much higher, making it less soluble on skin. ( but is why it is so great for cooking.)
    Please don't question my beauty tips.
    Not questioning. Just offering a less sticky option to folks. :-)
    It's all about the stickiness when it comes to beauty.

Ugh.....you ladies have a lot to learn.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Ladies.......Looking for a GENTLE body scrub? Who isn't? Amirite?!?!?!?!?!?

Mix a 2 to 1 ratio of olive oil and sea salt to make a quick and effective body scrub. This helps get rid of dead skin cells creating softer, more glowing skin. And this natural beauty tip is much cheaper that expensive store bought body scrubs.

Thank me later.

This works better with Coconut oil, as it absorbs into the skin better. Olive oil is hard to use on skin because it's skien ratio is much higher, making it less soluble on skin. ( but is why it is so great for cooking.)
    Please don't question my beauty tips.
    Not questioning. Just offering a less sticky option to folks. :-)
    It's all about the stickiness when it comes to beauty.

Ugh.....you ladies have a lot to learn.
    Oh Juggler :how_interesting:

(and I swear by coconut oil!)
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

I saw a video the other day of a guy who has apparently figured out a great natural teeth whitening solution, just with one brush. a little scoop of coconut oil (Hedo's fave!), a dash of peppermint oil, and turmeric power. Mix it up into a paste and brush with it. It supposedly safely works as well as whitening strips in just one brush every few weeks or whatever. I've tried whitening strips - they work, but they cause me a lot of tooth sensitivity, to the point where just air going over my teeth when I breathe hurts.

So you're a mouth breather? :giggle:
    Just a lot of sighing. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    PJ_Soul said:

RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

I saw a video the other day of a guy who has apparently figured out a great natural teeth whitening solution, just with one brush. a little scoop of coconut oil (Hedo's fave!), a dash of peppermint oil, and turmeric power. Mix it up into a paste and brush with it. It supposedly safely works as well as whitening strips in just one brush every few weeks or whatever. I've tried whitening strips - they work, but they cause me a lot of tooth sensitivity, to the point where just air going over my teeth when I breathe hurts.

So you're a mouth breather? :giggle:
    Just a lot of sighing. :lol:
    :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    PJ_Soul said:

Surprised turmeric is used because I thought it would actually stain teeth rather than help whiten them. I've seen some salves and ointments that use turmeric and all of them came with the disclaimer that your skin would likely turn a burnt orange color because of using it.

PJ_Soul said:

Surprised turmeric is used because I thought it would actually stain teeth rather than help whiten them. I've seen some salves and ointments that use turmeric and all of them came with the disclaimer that your skin would likely turn a burnt orange color because of using it.
    Yeah, the guy actually said it will turn your toothbrush yellow... but he brushed with the stuff on the vid, and yes indeed, his teeth were somehow very white. I also wondered how this is possible, but it seems to be! I guess the turmeric somehow combines with the oils to prevent that staining.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, the guy actually said it will turn your toothbrush yellow... but he brushed with the stuff on the vid, and yes indeed, his teeth were somehow very white. I also wondered how this is possible, but it seems to be! I guess the turmeric somehow combines with the oils to prevent that staining.
    Interesting. I just imagined seeing that old "the more you know" graphic. :lol:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Interesting. I just imagined seeing that old "the more you know" graphic. :lol:
    Oh, I should mention that at the end of the video the guy said he did this instead of using any products with flouride in it because it negatively affects the powers of your third eye, sooooooo..... take that for what it's worth. :lol:
  • camsjamcamsjam Posts: 375
    FoxyRedLa said:

Anyone here use a "face setting spray" after make up? Is it necessary? You notice a difference?

Any panty hose tips? I have winter in the bag but just normal everyday hose....they just rip and don't last. Any better brands out there?

If you have a Sears store close by thats still open their shaping support hose were tough. I used to wear them for work alot years ago. I read a tip if you put hose in the freezer overnight it helped keep them from running. Weird but it seemed to help.