Options

Of The Earth on the next album?

2»

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870
    PJ_Soul said:

besides OTE, does the band have any finished songs they've played live that they have not officially released from the studio? (not counting improvs)

Plenty of covers, obviously. There are a few that they could make their own nicely.
    I can't think of any other original ones though.
    sorry...meant originals.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,055

Last Soldier from the Riot Act sessions

just a brilliant song that I think Mike needs to plea for the band to bring back as well :)
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

I hope not.

For real? It's the best tune they've written. Your being an...oh nevermind
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    I guess Falling Down would make that list. Or is that considered an improv?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

I just checked the songlist page.....Falling Down is listed as a cover????

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Awful, awful, poorly structured mess of a song. I'd be happy if I never heard it again.

Genuinely one of my least favourite things they've ever put together
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 951
    Heard it twice (first and second time played). Was cool hearing a song for the first time but other than that the song did nothing for me. Don't understand why people rave on about it being a great song when it's just average, can see why they left it off the album
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933

What about words out of place from 3/17/95......oh and what about bee girl!?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options

besides OTE, does the band have any finished songs they've played live that they have not officially released from the studio? (not counting improvs)

Was outta my mind officially released? Are b sides considered released or a gray area?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,654
    mcgruff10 said:

Bee Girl is on Lost Dogs.
    Words seem so out of place is an improv, no?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

Bee Girl is on Lost Dogs.
    Words seem so out of place is an improv, no?
    forgot about lost dogs. is words out of place an improv? i'm not real sure. what about open road...another improv?
  • Options
    Never heard of words out of place. I think a visit ti pjbootlegs is in order.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited May 2015

Never heard of words out of place. I think a visit ti pjbootlegs is in order.

Right after betterman. One of my faves. enjoy bud!
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Options
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Was outta my mind officially released? Are b sides considered released or a gray area?
    Well it was, but it was the live version. No studio version of that one. But i thought i heard ed once say that was an improv. Could be wrong tho.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    mcgruff10 said:
    Hey, this is new to me. Thanks for putting it up!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Mawky1103Mawky1103 Posts: 310
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOHqOGCwrLs

probably my fav improv i've heard
  • Options
    I honestly do not see what is so great about this song. For one Eddie does not appear to have finalized lyrics, up to his standard. Sounds like he has a rough draft...
    The song needs more groove on the drum side. I like Cameron but his drumming sounds so square sometimes - like lacks rhythm.
    The Solo/Jam Part Sounds A Little Out Of Context WUTH The Rest Of The Song, At points.
    I actually like the last bit, sounds the grooviest. Would like them to just take that part and build a song around that.
    Overall just needs something different - feels like a song that was never finished.
  • Options
    its_okits_ok Posts: 198

Last Soldier from the Riot Act sessions

Love the song! Still don't understand why they never play it live at least. Think it's played twice, two days in a row at bridge school or something.

It would be the best song of riot act imo!
    PJ
    2000 Roskilde, 2006 Barcelona, 2007 London, Copenhagen, 2008 New York 1, New York 2, 2009 Berlin, 2010 Dublin, Belfast, 2012 Amsterdam 1, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, 2013 Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014 Milan, Trieste, Berlin, Stockholm, Milton Keynes

EV
    2012 Manchester, London 1, London 2
  • Options
    its_okits_ok Posts: 198
    mcgruff10 said:

It's on the not for you single I think!
    PJ
    2000 Roskilde, 2006 Barcelona, 2007 London, Copenhagen, 2008 New York 1, New York 2, 2009 Berlin, 2010 Dublin, Belfast, 2012 Amsterdam 1, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, 2013 Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014 Milan, Trieste, Berlin, Stockholm, Milton Keynes

EV
    2012 Manchester, London 1, London 2
  • Options
    justam said:

mcgruff10 said:
    Hey, this is new to me. Thanks for putting it up!

My favorite bootleg of all time. Go listen to melbourne 3/17/95.....you ll never be the same again.
  • Options
    not sure if this is an improv or actually song (open road/phoenix 95):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asBmQXEsm5M
  • Options
    I think Ed does have finished lyrics to this. I remember reading an Avocado preview in Rolling Stone and Jeff was talking about a Peter Gabriel ish type song Ed wrote they were all excited about called of the Earth.
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,092

Awful, awful, poorly structured mess of a song. I'd be happy if I never heard it again.

Genuinely one of my least favourite things they've ever put together

Weird. It's genuinely one of my favorite things they've ever done. Love me some Of The Earth! Really hope for a studio version someday.
  • Options
    I also definitely think it's more on the "big mess" side of things, as songs go. I would not really want to hear it live, let alone hear it on an album.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I also definitely think it's more on the "big mess" side of things, as songs go. I would not really want to hear it live, let alone hear it on an album.

It was my favorite of the night in Denver. It is a total fucking jam live.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

I think I've only ever heard that one live version, I think from the first time they played it, in 2010 was it?? I'll check out the Denver version. Maybe they've improved upon it in the last few years.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I think I've only ever heard that one live version, I think from the first time they played it, in 2010 was it?? I'll check out the Denver version. Maybe they've improved upon it in the last few years.
    Yeah, I thought it was tighter. Try with headphones and turn it up.