Options

Ratio of males to females on the PJ Forum

Comments

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    My bet is that if I ever meet Logan, he's probably not going to look like a "lolobug" to me either!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Hahahahaha!! I bet we'll all feel that way! I know the only one that hasn't really surprised me was meeting Jen at Wrigley. And I'm assuming that was Nart with her? If so, then I've drunkenly.. Well tipsily waved to him. But Jen really fit my image of her when i'd read her posts.. And I think it kinda freaked me out.. I literally jumped!! Lol but yeah meeting people off of here in person is a trip! Dimitris also fits his posts. You instantly feel his genuine kindness and sincerity! Plus.. He's a little cutie!! :blush:
  • Options
    GillycwGillycw Sydney Posts: 524
    Damn it!! I wished I'd chosen a more enigmatic user name. I'm thinking mine makes it pretty obvious I'm female.
    I go more by the tone of people's comments when trying to guess gender, however based on that I've been wrong a few times!
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242

Hahahahaha!! I bet we'll all feel that way! I know the only one that hasn't really surprised me was meeting Jen at Wrigley. And I'm assuming that was Nart with her? If so, then I've drunkenly.. Well tipsily waved to him. But Jen really fit my image of her when i'd read her posts.. And I think it kinda freaked me out.. I literally jumped!! Lol but yeah meeting people off of here in person is a trip! Dimitris also fits his posts. You instantly feel his genuine kindness and sincerity! Plus.. He's a little cutie!! :blush:

I'm pretty sure I am not at all what people expect when they meet me in person. But I could be wrong.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    SD48277 said:

I'm pretty sure I am not at all what people expect when they meet me in person. But I could be wrong.
    I expect purple hair and that dress in the picture
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    deadendp said:

Because I keep being referred to as a "dude," I will clarify that I am not a "dude." It happens here on a regular basis. No, I'm not offended. I just find it a bit odd.

If you are a female on the forum, do you find that other people here naturally assume that you are a male? If you are a male, why would you assume that someone here is a male? (And no, I'm not saying that every man here assumes that everyone else here is a man. I'm trying to clarify and it's getting wordy.)

Pearl Jam tends to draw a crowd of men and women alike. They aren't like Rush with a predominantly male fan base. I just wondered. Ladies, is it just me?

Thanks!

Amy

My first years here I was thought of as a dudette for reasons unknown to me. It did not bother me in the least I just let it go and let those unaware figure it out. As the years went by my posts and threads made it clear what I was also being a HUGE RUSH FAN kind of threw me in the male category.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    my user name & avatar are quite tricky
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    g under p said:

deadendp said:

Because I keep being referred to as a "dude," I will clarify that I am not a "dude." It happens here on a regular basis. No, I'm not offended. I just find it a bit odd.

If you are a female on the forum, do you find that other people here naturally assume that you are a male? If you are a male, why would you assume that someone here is a male? (And no, I'm not saying that every man here assumes that everyone else here is a man. I'm trying to clarify and it's getting wordy.)

Pearl Jam tends to draw a crowd of men and women alike. They aren't like Rush with a predominantly male fan base. I just wondered. Ladies, is it just me?

Thanks!

Amy

My first years here I was thought of as a dudette for reasons unknown to me. It did not bother me in the least I just let it go and let those unaware figure it out. As the years went by my posts and threads made it clear what I was also being a HUGE RUSH FAN kind of threw me in the male category.

Peace
    But I'm a big Rush fan and I'm a female. (I know, I know. Not typical.)
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863

deadendp said:

My friend, auto correct strikes again! Male. MALE! ;)

Wasn't around then. Couldn't tell you. I can tell you that while I've always known that lolobug was a guy, the name doesn't sound very guy like. (Sorry, Logan. A childhood nickname-- I know.)

Lmao!! Lolo was there for all that!! He was on the Sony boards then too. Not sure if he ever knew THIS. Though.
    Until fairly recently I thought lolobug was female myself....it's the name, but then I learned it was a guy named Logan and I figged it must just be a nickname....I felt super silly....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited August 2015
    The Church of the Latter-Day Dude always welcomes fucking lady friends.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    PJSiren said:

deadendp said:

My friend, auto correct strikes again! Male. MALE! ;)

Wasn't around then. Couldn't tell you. I can tell you that while I've always known that lolobug was a guy, the name doesn't sound very guy like. (Sorry, Logan. A childhood nickname-- I know.)

Lmao!! Lolo was there for all that!! He was on the Sony boards then too. Not sure if he ever knew THIS. Though.
    Until fairly recently I thought lolobug was female myself....it's the name, but then I learned it was a guy named Logan and I figged it must just be a nickname....I felt super silly....
    It does not help that Lolo Jones is a famous female...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,775
    PJ_Soul said:

Yes, people just assume I'm a guy until they somehow find out otherwise. I think it's just a default assumption for a lot of people, although a few have said that I actually specifically come off as a dude.... I'm not sure how I feel about that. I guess fine.

All apologies, always thought you were a guy.

I think my username screams female, but my avatar, being sports related could throw some off.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,727
    I never assume a person's gender here unless it is obvious (which isn't all that often).

deadendp, you said, "Pearl Jam tends to draw a crowd of men and women alike." I've found that to be very true.

I laughed when you mentioned the term "Dude". It used to bother me, especially when I was teaching and a kid would come up to me and say, "Hey dude" (usually addressed in a derogatory tone. Middle school- oh man!) So I would say to them, "I'm sorry, I am neither a fop, a dandy nor a man who has moved from the east coast to spend time on a ranch," which was the definition of "dude" in my then current dictionary. That always got me some strange looks, haha!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

Ok
    Since we're on this subject...I'm going to be brave/ brutally honest. I'm not sure how many of you were still here back then., or even if Kat and Sea paid enough attention to 'me' back then enough to remember this..but... In 1995-98.. I went through a really rely difficult time in my life, where I swore up and down I wanted to be a man. ( many many fucked up reasons played into that..but we won't go there.. Bottom line?? I thought I could be a better man than most men when it ce to treating women with respect.) so I used here and the Sony boards as a 'test site' for 'getting it down to a science' ... But I just told everyone here and on Sony that I was s guy named Jed. ( don't ask.. But I still LOVE my 'guy name' which was Jeddediah Allen. I always figured I'd ise that if I ever had a boy child.

Confusingly enough, this was allll under the same username of Whispering Hands!! So I often wonder if that era plays part in people assuming I'm make??

Deep Stuff here WH.Thats a lot to have going on upstairs.
  • Options
    Giving this thread a bump. It's getting a lil dusty.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    rr165892 said:

hedonist said:

I like this thread!

I've been mistaken here for a guy a few times, but it's no biggie. More interesting to figure out what, if anything, gave off that impression. And I've certainly done the same toward others here.

I guess it's some strange melange of username, avatar, tone, words, etc.

Who coulda made that mistake Hedo?Your pretty obvious.Just sayin.
    Maybe it's just me but I think it's pretty easy after reading a post or 2 to see who falls where.Except for Gambs,he's like a bearded circus lady.
    This thread is a great re-read.

Especially that comment bolded up there.

....it's OK to laugh at that, right? I mean, gambo just referred to himself in another thread as a Yeti =)

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I feel like I guessed correctly with most of you ladies here.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I've been a bearded lady for Halloween before. Easy costume lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I have many a pms were peeps say man, I always thought you were a dude,,,,,
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Its a sausage fest here in 10c
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Don't know why but nobody's ever assumed I was a dude. :confounded:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242

Don't know why but nobody's ever assumed I was a dude. :confounded:

It's the tiara.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,476
    Sprunkn7 said:

I have many a pms were peeps say man, I always thought you were a dude,,,,,

sprunkn sounds like spunkin'
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    13 to 1
  • Options
    jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,588
    I'm sure a poll would be a great way to figure this out! :)
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • Options
    jeff2040 said:

I'm sure a poll would be a great way to figure this out! :)

Probably. I hadn't considered a poll when I started this whole thing.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    some of the dudes here act like girls...you never know.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    RKCNDY said:

post of the decade..bravo!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,727
    A little musical interlude for this here thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POCUgBSVENQ
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    RKCNDY said:

what's wrong with acting like a girl? girls are awesome

did you see me? i saw you.