Options

Ratio of males to females on the PJ Forum

Comments

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

RKCNDY said:

some of the dudes here act like girls...you never know.

what's wrong with acting like a girl? girls are awesome

We are! :smiley::plus_one:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

RKCNDY said:

I was referring to the bitching, whining, playing games...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

Just bumping the thread a lil more, RK. I know where you were going with that. :kiss:
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,448
    fuck yeah, brian! chicago did that too, no?

to clear up any misunderstandings, empty glass is a chick.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,672
    imalive said:

fuck yeah, brian! chicago did that too, no?

to clear up any misunderstandings, empty glass is a chick.

Yes, right! They did that long cover version with all the percussion in there.

Funny though, my bleary eyes read "empty glass is a chick" as "empty class is a clink".

Cheers imalive and empty glass! Or should I say, "clink!" Haha!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    deadendp said:

RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

Just bumping the thread a lil more, RK. I know where you were going with that. :kiss:
    me too :) ... but that behavior shouldn't be labeled as something girls specifically do. all genders do it.

carry on :pirate:

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

deadendp said:

RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

me too :) ... but that behavior shouldn't be labeled as something girls specifically do. all genders do it.

carry on :pirate:

I have wanted to comment that we think you are dudes because you are so badass, but I dont like the implication that ladies who are being badass are "acting like men". It is pervasive in our society, that idea that girls who are "cool" and strong are showing attributes that are manly or whatever.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited January 2016
    It's really great that we have a mix of genders here on the forum, I think it maybe could be about 50/50
    (Men have a little funnier sense of humor or maybe not it's more about personality I guess)
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,512
    edited January 2016
    RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

I have a problem with this. As though bitching, whining, and playing games is specifically female behaviour. I am not okay with using "girl" as an insult. And add what rgambs said: being cool or badass isn't "acting like a guy", either. Girl = insult, guy = cool? Um, no, it's things like this that perpetuate inequities and negative gender roles for girls. I know what you were trying to get at RKCNDY, but this hit a nerve.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

I have a problem with this. As though bitching, whining, and playing games is specifically female behaviour. I am not okay with using "girl" as an insult. And add what rgambs said: being cool or badass isn't "acting like a guy", either. Girl = insult, guy = cool? Um, no, it's things like this that perpetuate inequities and negative gender roles for girls. I know what you were trying to get at RKCNDY, but this hit a nerve.
    There was no ill will intended. I wanted to write another word (rhymes with wussy), but then people would have gotten offended, and Kat would have been upset with me.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    omg, that's no better. haha i don't think most people would realize that though. it's all good RK
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

There was no ill will intended. I wanted to write another word (rhymes with wussy), but then people would have gotten offended, and Kat would have been upset with me.
    I know you didn't mean anything by it - you're awesome. :) Just had to say my piece about that 'girl as insult' issue!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    6:9
    Sorry, couldn't help myself. Clearly a man.
    I like how Scott came on to ask which he was and multiple people hinted around Asshole.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Scott is an asshole. Last I checked both genders have one so he is neither and both at the same time.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    edited June 2016
    Still holding at about 50/50 where it counts :wink:
    Post edited by northerndragon on
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options

Still holding at about 50/50 where is counts :wink:

If my calculations are correct, I have it as 54.5%/45.5%. Close. A lot better than it was. :smiley:
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited June 2016
    I think that with the amount of whining, complaining and general anger at times on this forum demonstrates about a %90 Female to %10Male
    :smiley:
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    edited June 2016

I think that with the amount of whining, complaining and general anger at times on this forum demonstrates about a %90 Female to %10Male

Here is my whisky soaked analysis: You seem to harbor an anger towards all women.
    Post edited by Malroth on
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options

Oh, there are some pissypants men around here too.

And not that this is at all related! But Hugh is good people - definitely a liker of women :)
  • Options
    Malroth said:

Here is my whisky soaked analysis: You seem to harbor an anger towards all women.
    Not true.
    There are women on here and some I assume are good ones.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    hedonist said:

And not that this is at all related! But Hugh is good people - definitely a liker of women :)
    oops. You caught me before I could fix my mistake.
    Post edited by Malroth on
  • Options

Malroth said:

Not true.
    There are women on here and some I assume are good ones.
    Another mistake. MOST women.
  • Options
    Malroth said:

hedonist said:

oops. You caught me before I could fix my mistake.
    No worries, Mal. You're good in my book too.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728

So you're saying you're female?
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options

So you're saying you're female?
    Or just a pissypants...

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,381
    I recently filled out a form where it asked if I identify more masculine or feminine. What happened to male/female? Guess this is a new, more sensitive way of asking. :i_dunno: Of course, this followed a question of sexual orientation that had something like seven different answers. :confounded:
  • Options
    Hobbes said:

I recently filled out a form where it asked if I identify more masculine or feminine. What happened to male/female? Guess this is a new, more sensitive way of asking. :i_dunno: Of course, this followed a question of sexual orientation that had something like seven different answers. :confounded:

I just had a discussion yesterday about someone I met over the weekend. Born visually male (genitalia wise) but hormonally and once puberty hit, developmentally not.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

That's a really fucked up, incredibly offensive thing for you to say. If that is supposed to be a joke, it is the worst, most inappropriate joke I have seen in a while here. Totally crossed a line... I feel like I just got to know you better, and not in a good way.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I havent seen a more polarizing person on these board in a long time.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.