Options

Hillary Clinton's email-SCANDAL!!!

HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833

Washington (CNN)—Former secretary of State and likely 2016 White House aspirant Hillary Clinton sought to tamp down concerns about her use of private email while leading the State Department during a press conference at the United Nations on Tuesday. While she maintained she had not broken any rules, she also said she would not be turning over the private server housing her correspondence, despite calls for her to release it for an independent review.

Clinton said she used a private domain for her official work during her time at the State Department out of "convenience," but admitted in retrospect "it would have been better" to use multiple emails.

"I opted for convenience to use my personal email account, which was allowed by the State Department, because I thought it would be easier to carry just one device for my work and for my personal emails instead of two," she said. "Looking back, it would have been better if I'd simply used a second email account and carried a second phone, but at the time, this didn't seem like an issue."
Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

Comments

• Options
    while I think she probably made an error in judgment, really, this does not deserve the attention it's getting.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,804

while I think she probably made an error in judgment, really, this does not deserve the attention it's getting.

It just might deserve the attention. Depends on what the hell type of info was in those emails. Right?

But I am sick of hearing about it myself.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,802
    Smarter play albeit risky is to have saved all and allowed independent hand to seperate the work from the "personal" . I see that her deletions make her ripe for accusations related to foreign gov donors to CGI and access to her as SOS.

Been too much controversy with them. Including not turning them in to state for preservation until this past december.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Strikes me as an error in judgment that shouldn't have been made to begin with...by someone in that position.

She's talked about several other devices she lugged around; would another phone have been so cumbersome?

Don't know the ultimate ramifications, but so far, it just doesn't pass the smell test.
  • Options

It just might deserve the attention. Depends on what the hell type of info was in those emails. Right?

But I am sick of hearing about it myself.
    yeah, I get what you mean, I just can't imagine that someone in her position would put anything damning to herself in writing. i can see why she won't turn over her hard drives. I mean, what if she sent an email to Bill saying "tonight, YOU are Lewinsky!". that would be pretty embarassing.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    She was in a very powerful position using a communication system that would be very susceptible to hackers. But great for nuking any conversations you don't want on the record. At least 31,000 conversations, it appears.

Her official explanation was pretty lame.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

She was in a very powerful position using a communication system that would be very susceptible to hackers. But great for nuking any conversations you don't want on the record. At least 31,000 conversations, it appears.

what I saw yesterday was that her personal home email had the same firewall as the CIA or something of the like.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    Colin Powell did the same thing...no outrage from conservatives there
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Why is he prounounced coal-in and everyone else with that name is pronounced coll-in?

That's the real scandal here.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,802
    Didnt save or turn over any from his end either.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,733
    Must be a slow news month. I can't believe the press can't cook up a more juicy scandal than this petty little riffle.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    It occured to me yesterday when I was hearing about this on the news how little I give a fuck about Hillary Clinton's email server.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Jason P said:

Agree.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    DOJ grants immunity to ex-Clinton staffer who set up email server

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/02/politics/hillary-clinton-email-server-justice-department/index.html
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    dignin said:

DOJ grants immunity to ex-Clinton staffer who set up email server

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/02/politics/hillary-clinton-email-server-justice-department/index.html

That's likely not good for her.
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    Woot!
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    edited March 2016
    This is why the asinine GOP investigation in the House helps her. It muddies the water and convinces people the whole thing is a partison witch hunt. What Congress is doing can accurately be described that way. What Obama's Justice Department is doing cannot. Democrats rushing to nominate her should tread lightly. This is a BIG deal.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    I think the transcripts issue should not be overlooked just because of this email issue...
    I wonder if that's what they're trying to do here.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Free said:

I think the transcripts issue should not be overlooked just because of this email issue...

No, the email issue is the real issue.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Maybe, but let's see both issues getting resolved.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    rgambs said:

Free said:

Yes it is. If someone accepted immunity, they were advised to by a lawyer. That usually means they have someone bigger to give up.
  • Options

rgambs said:

Free said:

Yes it is. If someone accepted immunity, they were advised to by a lawyer. That usually means they have someone bigger to give up.
    Exactly.

• Options
    what the fuck happens if she gets the nom and then gets indicted???
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

A shit show, that's for sure.
  • Options

The Democrats lose the election. There should not be any doubt. Democrats who believe otherwise are fooling themselves. This is a real problem and a real possibility.

• Options

rgambs said:

Free said:

No it doesn't. Any lawyer would advise someone to request immunity in this situation. Why agree to testify if there is any chance that the psycho GOP circus would prosecute him?

Clinton's campaign is delighted that he has immunity, now he can say that he doesn't know of any impropriety.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

rgambs said:

Free said:

No it doesn't. Any lawyer would advise someone to request immunity in this situation. Why agree to testify if there is any chance that the psycho GOP circus would prosecute him?

Clinton's campaign is delighted that he has immunity, now he can say that he doesn't know of any impropriety.
    The psycho GOP circus isn't who is questioning him and isn't who would be in charge of a prosecution. This is the Justice Department, under the control of Democratic appointees.

• Options
    I agree with Colin Powell....nothing here

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157

It occured to me yesterday when I was hearing about this on the news how little I give a fuck about Hillary Clinton's email server.

for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:

I miss Last 12.

This discussion has been closed.