Options

C'mon Really? Read this...

Comments

• Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    It's cheaper than paying to ship it back to them as defective, which I bet they would also accept. I read about why they do it now and it never would have occurred to me that people do stuff like, buy a poster at a show and if it gets bent, order same poster on ten club, say it came damaged, ask for new poster, sell all 3, etc.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Am I seeing double?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833

It's cheaper than paying to ship it back to them as defective, which I bet they would also accept. I read about why they do it now and it never would have occurred to me that people do stuff like, buy a poster at a show and if it gets bent, order same poster on ten club, say it came damaged, ask for new poster, sell all 3, etc.

lying is the new flipping!

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Lying, flipping, scamming each other.... Wasn't that a Journey song???
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Someone had to do that with a damaged poster they received. It was replaced after they sent them a photo of it ripped up, then the person turned around and sold the ripped up poster on ebay. I don't blame them for asking and personally, I wouldn't be offended by the request.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Nami said:

look in lost dogs for the reason....

Was it because of the dude selling/trading 6 replacement copies of the vinyl? Also I'm good with 10c making ppl do this.
  • Options

Nami said:

look in lost dogs for the reason....

Was it because of the dude selling/trading 6 replacement copies of the vinyl? Also I'm good with 10c making ppl do this.
    yeppers.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    PP193448 said:

Lying, flipping, scamming each other.... Wasn't that a Journey song???

I love your avatar!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    It's actually in a Tool song. "You lie, cheat and steal, lie, cheat and steal, lie,
    Cheat and steal."
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,479
    I actually like this idea better. It proves you arent scamming, it doesn't cost you anything, and you get your replacement for free. And 10c picks up the extra shipping charges.

Its not hard to break a record.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    its good they Actually offering this...cos for exable if they asked me in this type of matter to return tne damage item,i wouldnt do it..i wouldnt pay 20-30 $ shipping to sent it to seattle ,+ will take a month to arrive from greece to seattle ,and another 2 months to the replecement from seattle to greece..so im not gonna pay extra money and wait 3 more months...ill sent a foto after i smash the shit out of the vinyl with a hammer..and i wait for the replecement
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969

I emailed ten club regarding the warped, unlistenable .45 Holiday single they sent me and this is the response I got:

Hi,

Please destroy the warped record, take a picture and send us the picture via email. We will then send a replacement.

10c

So, i need to destroy the warped record they sent me so i can get a replacement? Is this the way you treat paying customers? A customer for over 20 years. Im not trying to scam anyone, i just want what I PAID for. Am i wrong that i feel disrespected by the ten club?

Thoughts?

Giving you a replacement? Yeah that seems like a pretty good way to treat a paying customer.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,775
    I can understand the initial feeling of insult, but when you think about it, at least they're doing something to try and stop people from getting multiple issue of an item just to make a profit. They should really do more of this with poster sales at shows.

I don't buy posters but I've heard complaints about people buying 10 at a time at a show. THAT is what they need to stop.
  • Options
    otterotter Posts: 753
    I had an opposite experience. About 3 years ago I was looking through my record collection and sorting out my Christmas singles. I was missing two or three. They were more recent ones '02, '05, and '07 I think. I emailed ten club and in about a month later they showed up.

Maybe there have been some tricksters out there and they got burnt a bunch of times.

I don't know maybe I got lucky.
    I found my place......and it's alright
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,458
    As a 20+ year member, it seems reasonable to me
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options

I emailed ten club regarding the warped, unlistenable .45 Holiday single they sent me and this is the response I got:

Hi,

Please destroy the warped record, take a picture and send us the picture via email. We will then send a replacement.

10c

So, i need to destroy the warped record they sent me so i can get a replacement? Is this the way you treat paying customers? A customer for over 20 years. Im not trying to scam anyone, i just want what I PAID for. Am i wrong that i feel disrespected by the ten club?

Thoughts?

So how did it turn out?
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402
    Not unreasonable at all.

In fact, it's a very common practice for retailers to "field destroy" defective merchandise before the manufacture will provide replacements and/or credit.

I used to work for a supplier of electrical products and had to destroy defective stuff all the time in order to get credit from the manufacture/supplier.
  • Options
    PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    lolobugg said:

badbrains wrote: »

Ya don't do it without gloves on. As 2-Feign has stated, I almost cut my finger bad. Can u imagine the first time someone cuts their hand/finger doing this and starts a thread about it. Be careful haha

you might need an advocate if that happens.... :lol:" alt=":lol:" />

Yes, indeed!! Just read that thread a couple of days ago, thanks to DerbyDave. That's some funny shit...
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    edited February 2015

Yes, indeed!! Just read that thread a couple of days ago, thanks to DerbyDave. That's some funny shit...

I have THAT thread bookmarked & it's ALWAYS fun to revisit it from time to time!!! ;)
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    I personally don't see the problem here. 10C is just trying to make sure people aren't scamming them. Why not destroy the record if it's warped?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

I'm still waiting for someone to do a skeet shooting video with one of these records as proof.

Haha. That would be awesome!
  • Options
    I fucking destroyed it. Maybe tenclub should just have better quality products that we pay for ? Just an option. The ten club actually told me to put the record in a vice and fold it forward. I shit you not. I laughed then I destroyed. Let's hope replacement record isn't warped. Fingers crossed. Thread closed.
  • Options
    Had to laugh when I read this!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,064
    I'm just not seeing the issue here.
  • Options
    This is a very funny response from 10c.
    Go 10c
    OP you can thank the fucking flippers for the flippant response to your paid membership inquiry
    What a clever idea. If you can't play your record and it is not useable then a person should have no problem complying with the request to sending a pic of it destroyed to receive a free replacement.

I know I won't be destroying my enamel mugs in hopes of a replacement.

• Options

I fucking destroyed it. Maybe tenclub should just have better quality products that we pay for ? Just an option. The ten club actually told me to put the record in a vice and fold it forward. I shit you not. I laughed then I destroyed. Let's hope replacement record isn't warped. Fingers crossed. Thread closed.

so I guess you want them to ship you a gold record instead? a 45 is a 45. if it was warped it probably happened during shipping, or by the manufacturer. I don't think santos cut the record himself, warped it said "ah, fuck it, he's been around 20 years.....he'll stick around".

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Yeah, that's an unpro reply for sure.

They were a little unpleasant with me when I asked why my download for my drop in the park vinyl was no longer valid, as I had never used it. I never knew that there was a coupon stuck in the record sleeve. Yes, stuck in a sleeve corner for 5 years or whatever. Haha. Whoever replied to my email said the same thing - that code is 5 years old and it's a Sony/epic issue. Hahaha. Pretty funny reply, so I let it slide.
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,678
    edited February 2015
    Relax people. I had a thought and typed it. Put ur fangs away ten clubbers. I just remembered why I don't post on here, most of the people on here are trolls. Good night.
  • Options
    no, people just get tired of the endless and needless bitching by people who believe they are entitled.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com