demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
    Thanks for the update!

Merry Christmas!! :)
  • Options
    foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 730
    i wonder how many didn't make the trip?
    i'm glad they are doing it right
    thanks 10C
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Look, I'm all for re doing these and making sure they're perfect before sending out. But what bothers me is that don't they have quality control on products anymore? Isnt there an inspector who's job it is to make sure there's no issues? I buy underwear and get a #sticker from the inspector. Underwear costs what, $15 for a pack of 3 boxers? Yet a $60 vinyl gets sent unchecked? Or like my mug set that has a pretty big bubble on it and smudge. Didn't the person packaging see it? I saw it as soon as I took them out. Maybe he/she just didn't care? I know they aren't supposed to be perfect or pristine but come on, it looks bad. Maybe I should just flip them on ebay hahahaha.
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Am I the only one who thought that they were unhappy with the packaging of the actual discs rather than the shipping packaging?
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    october22 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thought that they were unhappy with the packaging of the actual discs rather than the shipping packaging?
    Yes, I think you're the only one :smiley:
    Seriously, the packaging of the vinyl is cool as fuck, as was vault 3.. but vault 3 was packaged in a big sturdy box with BIG bubble wrap that covered all the item..
    vault 4 was inside a soft carton box that was not even completely closed down on the corners, with minimal thin bubble wrap on the front cover (NOT on the corners).. Mine, like I already said, had some damaged corners, and some water infiltrated in the package, resulting in some minimal water damage on the front cover.. shitty is a term that does not justice to the shittiness and incompetence of the people who packaged this record..
    oh, but we were talking about the actual packaging of the records, right? I like it a lot (it's why I'm so pissed it arrived damaged, considered how pricey was the shipping cost), not sure why you think it's not good.

• Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,231
    edited December 2014
    badbrains wrote: »
    Look, I'm all for re doing these and making sure they're perfect before sending out. But what bothers me is that don't they have quality control on products anymore? Isnt there an inspector who's job it is to make sure there's no issues? I buy underwear and get a #sticker from the inspector. Underwear costs what, $15 for a pack of 3 boxers? Yet a $60 vinyl gets sent unchecked? Or like my mug set that has a pretty big bubble on it and smudge. Didn't the person packaging see it? I saw it as soon as I took them out. Maybe he/she just didn't care? I know they aren't supposed to be perfect or pristine but come on, it looks bad. Maybe I should just flip them on ebay hahahaha.

My boxers are $30 each! :smiley::))
    Post edited by Horse2345 on
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    $30 boxers? Wtf, do they wipe your ass for you after you shit? Self cleaning boxers? Now I've heard it all! =))
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Does this also mean that they will be individually checking the records themselves for issues or are they just addressing the shipping boxes?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    $30 boxers? Wtf, do they wipe your ass for you after you shit? Self cleaning boxers? Now I've heard it all! =))

Maybe they come with a box of THESE:

IMG_35416055424924-1_zpse4xvionk.jpg

=)) =))
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    I know someone who just got turned onto those Dave, u think he'll continue using them? =))
  • Options
    I know someone who just got turned onto those Dave, u think he'll continue using them? =))
    That's where I got the picture from...
    Did you see the box with the KOALA on it???

=))
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    Ya hahaha =)) =)) =)) vedder never looked better hahaha
  • Options
    Ya hahaha =)) =)) =)) vedder never looked better hahaha

Was afraid I might get FLAMED if I posted THAT picture here!!!
    :-bd

• Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Dude, I never said I didn't like the packaging. I've never even seen it. I was simply asking if anyone else thought 10C was talking about the shipping packaging or the packaging of the actual vinyl itself. Apparently I'm the only one who was unclear on this though I've read the update several times and I still don't think it's clear one way or the other. Anyway, whatever at this point.
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Oh, it's clear now, I forgot this isn't arrived in the US still.. what I mean is if you'd received the shipping package as sent from the manufacturer, you wouldn't have a doubt to what TC considers inadequate.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,710
    Excellent move, wished mine had gone to seattle first now
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I wonder how they were shipped to the TC. They could all be messed up before TC even has a chance to ship them
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    edited December 2014
    I read that they were shipped to 10C all secured on pallets (and probably in bigger boxes with say 26 per box or whatever), so were pretty safe when all bound together like that. They only became insecure once separated and mailed individually.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    PJ_Soul wrote: »
    I read that they were shipped to 10C all secured on pallets (and probably in bigger boxes with say 26 per box or whatever), so were pretty safe when all bound together like that. They only became insecure once separated and mailed individually.

That's good news.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Thanks for the update.

~~~~~~~Vinyl For Sale (shipping costs in North America included)~~~~~~~
    The Who - Phases Box Set. Ltd. Ed. All 9 studio albums w/ Moon (11 discs) $200
    ^discogs entry link^
    Peter Gabriel - Up 200 gram 'Classic Records' audiophile version. Sealed. $225
    ^discogs entry link^
    Van Halen - I 180 gram Remastered 'DCC Compact Classic' version. Ltd. Ed. (#53!). Sealed. $175
    ^discogs entry link^
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    derbydave wrote: »
    That is GOOD NEWS...
    I'm good with waiting until after the hectic holiday shipping season!!! :-bd
    You'll have a better chance of finding it on your doorstep in January than with Christmas shipping. :-S Package thefts this year were ridiculous!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    So mine says shipped (I'm in Australia) and nearly $40 postage doesn't get you a shipping number?
  • Options
    I don't think they've really shipped yet (Santos said there was a reason why it says shipped when it hasn't been, but I can't remember the reason... they are shipping early January he said). But either way, NOPE. No international tracking for that huge price on shipping (unless something has very recently changed). It's my #1 complaint.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Does the Vault come with an digital artwork cover scans?
  • Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Are they repackaging all of the remaining shipments? Only the folks in Europe received them already?
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    ^^ Right.
  • Options
    Shipping rates to Australia from US are insane. I shipped my Sevens to Australia and the absolute cheapest to ship it with tracking was $66.00 and that's for 7" box. Fed Ex economy quoted me $115 with no guaranteed delivery date. No telling what a 12" box would cost.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    PJ_Soul wrote: »
    I don't think they've really shipped yet (Santos said there was a reason why it says shipped when it hasn't been, but I can't remember the reason... they are shipping early January he said).
    Clearing out the system for end of year and getting the ball rolling.
    Notice ship date is 1/5/2015. No Vault #4's have shipped yet from 10c.
    Tracking email will be sent when we print labels.
    slh
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Sooo I just got an email notifying me that Tenclub sent me something and it will arrive on the 15th. It is being sent via UPS. Could this be the Vault?! Has anybody else received an email like that?
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    I just got one too. It's definitely the vault
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11