Options

This is not right

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    Not a fan of crowdfunding at all obviously, nor of this particular effort because of the venue and the unusual PR campaign that is rubbing a lot of people the wrong way, but I think fears that theft of the funds might occur are unfounded.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

A whole article about the crowdfunding venture and they didn't quote PJ_Soul? That's whats not right!

Yeah! They gotta quote PJ_Soul... do it for the world!!!
    X_X :))
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    edited December 2014
    haha! DERAIL:
    transitive verb
    1: to cause to run off the rails
    2 a : to obstruct the progress of : frustrate
    b : to upset the stability or composure of
    intransitive verb
    : to leave the rails
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    RP112579 said:

Go BUCKEYES!!!!!

O-H
    I-O

That game was unreal.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    I don't know if it is not right. It is an interesting idea with the potential to produce a very cool event. The problem is that this campaign was begun dishonestly. Hard to put your faith in someone who knowingly and willingly misrepresented who they were in an attempt to solicit funds.

If there ever was any potential for a crowdsourced show (and I'm not convinced there was, but if) and the missteps from this campaign serve only to prevent that from happening someday, it will be a shame.

I know Dan has apologized for the way this was launched and I do believe he has the best of intentions. I just don't think the early damage is repairable at this point.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Ohio State was dominant last night.

This thread is a broken record. Move on.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,441
    JimmyV said:

I don't know if it is not right. It is an interesting idea with the potential to produce a very cool event. The problem is that this campaign was begun dishonestly. Hard to put your faith in someone who knowingly and willingly misrepresented who they were in an attempt to solicit funds.

If there ever was any potential for a crowdsourced show (and I'm not convinced there was, but if) and the missteps from this campaign serve only to prevent that from happening someday, it will be a shame.

I know Dan has apologized for the way this was launched and I do believe he has the best of intentions. I just don't think the early damage is repairable at this point.

That sums it up perfectly.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

Band hasn't said no. Sorry to disappoint . I'm glad you all know what's best for them. I think they can make their own decisions .

Yes they can. And they do enough charity work.
  • Options

Tilt.com a trusted Crowdfunding platform.

Please don't private message me again.
    @-)
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited December 2014
    JimmyV said:

A level headed explanation.
  • Options
    pjradio said:

haha! DERAIL:
    transitive verb
    intransitive verb

Thanks.....we are trying our best here, we are not perfect and 100000% doing this for the fans. I'm sorry we haven't run the campaign to some's liking or they haven't gotten what we are doing. Band has the final say. We feed off our critics. We'll just keep working harder, very easy to put in negative 2 cents.
    " In New York as they say how the f*** ya doin'?" -Ed MSG 1 03

--
    MSG 1 '98 - MSG 1+2 '03 - Reading,PA '04 - Borgata 1 '05 - Continental Arena 1+2 '06 - Lollapalooza Chicago,IL '07-MSG 1+2 08, Mansfield 1 08, Beacon Theatre 08. MSG 1 10,PJ20 Alpine Valley, Atlanta 2012, Brooklyn 1+2 2013, Hartford 2013, Seattle 2013, Memphis 2014
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889

pjradio said:

haha! DERAIL:
    transitive verb
    intransitive verb

Thanks.....we are trying our best here, we are not perfect and 100000% doing this for the fans. I'm sorry we haven't run the campaign to some's liking or they haven't gotten what we are doing. Band has the final say. We feed off our critics. We'll just keep working harder, very easy to put in negative 2 cents.
    So if I give you my credit card number what precautions are you using to make sure my numbers are safe? And how is seating determined? Is it all ga?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

pjradio said:

haha! DERAIL:
    transitive verb
    intransitive verb

So if I give you my credit card number what precautions are you using to make sure my numbers are safe? And how is seating determined? Is it all ga?
    Here is our vendor's privacy policy:

https://www.tilt.com/privacy/us

Hopefully there will be some GA. Seating will be together, however no senority or rules like that. If Pearl Jam wants another system we will be happy to do it their way, we want to make this as fair for everyone.

--
    MSG 1 '98 - MSG 1+2 '03 - Reading,PA '04 - Borgata 1 '05 - Continental Arena 1+2 '06 - Lollapalooza Chicago,IL '07-MSG 1+2 08, Mansfield 1 08, Beacon Theatre 08. MSG 1 10,PJ20 Alpine Valley, Atlanta 2012, Brooklyn 1+2 2013, Hartford 2013, Seattle 2013, Memphis 2014
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542

pjradio said:

haha! DERAIL:
    transitive verb
    intransitive verb

10000% for the fans, but yet the show is in your town at a venue no one outside of your town has probably heard of. I don't care about this anymore but that for the fans comment was funny.
  • Options

pjradio said:

haha! DERAIL:
    transitive verb
    intransitive verb

10000% for the fans, but yet the show is in your town at a venue no one outside of your town has probably heard of. I don't care about this anymore but that for the fans comment was funny.
    I don't live in Forest Hills, We could have picked any venue, can't make everyone happy. I've traveled all over to see Pearl Jam, no complaints, not sure why we are complaining now huh?

--
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

pjradio said:

haha! DERAIL:
    transitive verb
    intransitive verb

As some have said in a "non negative" way, how this was initially presented - not to mention your reactions to questions posed - left a bad taste in the mouths of many. To say so isn't being negative or a hater (such a silly term in this situation, no?).

Speaking of negativity, instead of feeding off your critics, how about not dismissing what has been mostly constructive input and show a bit of grace?
  • Options
    hedonist said:

pjradio said:

haha! DERAIL:
    transitive verb
    intransitive verb

As some have said in a "non negative" way, how this was initially presented - not to mention your reactions to questions posed - left a bad taste in the mouths of many. To say so isn't being negative or a hater (such a silly term in this situation, no?).

Speaking of negativity, instead of feeding off your critics, how about not dismissing what has been mostly constructive input and show a bit of grace?
    We most certainly will. A lot of criticism has not been genuine but similar to "trolling". We'll take help from anyone.

--
  • Options
    This thread needs locked already and people need to move on.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

hedonist said:

pjradio said:

haha! DERAIL:
    transitive verb
    intransitive verb

We most certainly will. A lot of criticism has not been genuine but similar to "trolling". We'll take help from anyone.
    That's nice, but "will" doesn't mean "have been". You could ignore what you perceive as trolling; I mean, c'mon, you posted some pretty rude comments to others as well (and similarly refused an offered donation).

The high road's not THAT high; doesn't hurt to try and take it, even if the footpaths are different.

• Options
    hedonist said:

hedonist said:

pjradio said:

haha! DERAIL:
    transitive verb
    intransitive verb

That's nice, but "will" doesn't mean "have been". You could ignore what you perceive as trolling; I mean, c'mon, you posted some pretty rude comments to others as well (and similarly refused an offered donation).

The high road's not THAT high; doesn't hurt to try and take it, even if the footpaths are different.

Duly noted. We will keep taking rude comments directed at us and not say anything. This board can be very toxic, hard not to get sucked into it. Much more positive on other message boards. We will try to do a better job and being understanding.

--
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    You're obviously going to do what you want (and rightly so).... but if it were me in your position I wouldn't be posting in this thread at all, or any other thread like it in this forum. Doing so seems to be consistently making things worse.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

You're obviously going to do what you want (and rightly so).... but if it were me in your position I wouldn't be posting in this thread at all, or any other thread like it in this forum. Doing so seems to be consistently making things worse.

I agree.....carry on :-)

--
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    edited December 2014
    ckravitz said:

IBTL

I wish I didn't have to keep googling to translate posts these days....

But i'm learning!
    Post edited by jnimhaoileoin on
  • Options
    dot30dot30 The Great Midwest Posts: 83
    edited December 2014

ckravitz said:

IBTL

I wish I didn't have to keep googling to translate posts these days....

But i'm learning!
    I'm with you. I even have to Google PJ song acronyms sometimes! To me, Do The Evolution has always been Evolution, so had to Google DTE.
    Post edited by dot30 on
    Once you hold the hand of love, it's all surmountable.
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    I love how the dude running this is sort of a dick. Makes the whole thing very entertaining.
  • Options
    october22 said:

I love how the dude running this is sort of a dick. Makes the whole thing very entertaining.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    october22 said:

So true!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

october22 said:

So true!
    i think that, at one point... he actually said he would no longer be commenting on anything regarding the negativity. where the fuck did THAT guy go?
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

october22 said:

So true!
    i think that, at one point... he actually said he would no longer be commenting on anything regarding the negativity. where the fuck did THAT guy go?
    Lol. I don't know, but I find him to be delightfully passive aggressive. I look forward to seeing where he goes with it.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

We'll take help from anyone.

Hmmm....seems that another board member who was doing some crowdfunding for their new album offered to donate some of their funds to your project...but you told them you didn't want their money. Quite rudely as well I might add.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
This discussion has been closed.