Options

I'm sorry to be the guy, but it's complete BS

HoosiersHoosiers Indiana Posts: 189
Refresh Refresh Refresh Refresh THERE IT IS, in my cart, STALL STALL STALL, can't get passed shipping address.

No longer in my cart.

Ridiculous.

Comments

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    what are you not buying?
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    dmaradona10dmaradona10 Posts: 897
    edited November 2014
    Post edited by dmaradona10 on
    Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
    Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
    New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
    Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
    Denver 10-22-14
  • Options

what are you not buying?

The Moline poster.

CaelumCaelum Illinois Posts: 25
    Not as much BS as actually buying it, getting a confirmation email, and celebrating, only to get another email minutes later saying basically, "Sorry, we don't actually have that, but here's a refund!"
    St. Louis '00, East Troy, Wis., '03, St. Louis, '03, Champaign, Ill., '03, Chicago '06, Milwaukee Summerfest '06, PJ20 East Troy, Wis., '11, Wrigley Field, '13, St. Louis '14, Moline '14, Milwaukee '14
  • Options
    iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    What im not understanding is i got moline thought i got st paul too but somehow st paul got cancelled because its sold out, just seems odd that st paul would sell out so quick
  • Options
    Caelum said:

Not as much BS as actually buying it, getting a confirmation email, and celebrating, only to get another email minutes later saying basically, "Sorry, we don't actually have that, but here's a refund!"

Yep, that is much worse.
    I just wish they would print more for shows they know there is a ridiculous black market for. These are going for $300 on eBay!
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870
    Hoosiers said:

Caelum said:

Yep, that is much worse.
    I just wish they would print more for shows they know there is a ridiculous black market for. These are going for $300 on eBay!
    yikes.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,750
    Hoosiers said:

Caelum said:

Yep, that is much worse.
    Yep. I'll never understand why they don't print more after the fact. Unless that's too much of a hassle? I really have no idea. For a band that is so against things being sold above face value, you'd think they would try and do something about this nonsense.
  • Options
    I don't think it makes much sense, but for what its worth St.Paul dropped at 12:45-12:50. I was F5-ing like mofo. I didn't try for St.Paul, I definitely didn't think it would sell out fast
    The best revenge is to live on and prove yourself - EV

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    ST PAUL UP AGAIN
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I got to wonder if people have bots for these releases like they do with the shoe industry. Huge demand for pj merch.
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    Start your own band and do it differently
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    badbrains said:

I got to wonder if people have bots for these releases like they do with the shoe industry. Huge demand for pj merch.

I would bet yes.
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,362
    JB128716 said:

=))
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    JB128716 said:

I kinda want to start my own fake band just so I can make merch for it :D
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    JB128716 said:

Saw Lemmy say this back in the day when people were stage diving and someone knocked over his mike stand.

He basically yelled at the kid for getting on his stage and then told him if he didn't like it, he should start his own band and do it differently.

That always stayed with me.

92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    I can't believe that they do not want to eliminate the secondary market. If you attend a show via 10C ticket sales, you get a code tied to your ticket sale to get your poster, sticker, shirt, pin, whatever show specific merch. You order it by a set date. Then they know what to make. Deliver it to my door, and whalla, happy fan, happy artist, happy 10C, bye bye secondary market! I have spent 15 hours in in lines between Wrigley, Moline, and Milwaukee and got shut out on posters at all three. Today, the virtual line was just a frustrating as a show. Gee, what will happen on Black Friday for the Milwaukee release? Only left to wonder....
    7.9.95 Summerfest, Milwaukee; 7.11.95 Soldier Field, Chicago; 6.27.98 Alpine Valley, East Troy; 6.29.98 United Center, Chicago; 10.8.00 Alpine Valley, East Troy; 10.9.00 Allstate Arena, Rosemont; 4.1.03 Pepsi Center, Denver; 6.6.03 MGM Grand, Las Vegas; 6.18.03 United Center, Chicago; 5.16.06 United Center, Chicago; 8.5.11 Grant Park, Lollapaloza, Chicago; 8.23.09; United Center, Chicago; 8.24.09 United Center, Chicago; 7.19.13 Wrigley Field, Chicago; 10.17.14 iWireless Center, Moline; 10.20.14 Bradley Center, Milwaukee
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,151
    JB128716 said:

JB128716 said:

Saw Lemmy say this back in the day when people were stage diving and someone knocked over his mike stand.

He basically yelled at the kid for getting on his stage and then told him if he didn't like it, he should start his own band and do it differently.

Well, 10c Tim is quoted as saying this on the PJ Radio thing a few years back.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Which by the way was ridiculous. Glad they don't do the 'fan roundtable' anymore.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I love these threads where people cant understand why they were not able to get something that is in high demand. Somebody else got through. You didn't. Really, that is all there is too it.
    This is just the way it is for certain posters. Would you prefer they did a lottery like they did with tickets?
  • Options
    Time to take this noise to that 10c group on Facebook. I thought this place was full of drama llamas!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    jomaryjomary Posts: 410
    Moline posters were printed with unicorn tears, St Paul regular horse tears, hence why they just can't print more (major sarcasm here).

I just don't understand why they can't figure out the demand, especially after the fact, or just do a pre order and see how many people buy them then just print that many.

Its not rocket science.
    Raleigh, NC 8-18-92
    Missoula, MT 9-30-12, EV Dallas, TX 11-15-12, EV San Antonio 11-16-12
    London, ONT 7-16-13 - Wrigley Field 7-19-13
    Charlotte 10-30-13, Dallas 11-15-13, OKC 11-16-13, Seattle 12-6-13
    Tulsa 10-8-14, Lincoln 10-9-14, St. Paul 10-19-14, Milwaukee 10-20-14
    NYC 9-26-15
    Ft Lauderdale 4-8-16, Miami 4-9-16, Tampa 4-11-16, Jacksonville 4-13-16, Pemberton 7-17-16,Wrigley 8-20-16 and 8-22-16
    Seattle 8-8-18; 8-10-18, Missoula 8-13-18
    Earthlings 2022:  Seattle 2-21-222 and 2-22-22, Los Angeles 2-25-22
    EV Coeur d’Alene 7-28-23, St Paul 8-31-23 and 9-2-23, Ft Worth 9-13-23 and 9-15-23, EV Seattle 10-23-23 and 10-24-23

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870

JB128716 said:

JB128716 said:

which was pretty ironic since he's the president of a FAN CLUB.

:-O
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    SN28575 said:

I can't believe that they do not want to eliminate the secondary market. If you attend a show via 10C ticket sales, you get a code tied to your ticket sale to get your poster, sticker, shirt, pin, whatever show specific merch. You order it by a set date. Then they know what to make. Deliver it to my door, and whalla, happy fan, happy artist, happy 10C, bye bye secondary market! I have spent 15 hours in in lines between Wrigley, Moline, and Milwaukee and got shut out on posters at all three. Today, the virtual line was just a frustrating as a show. Gee, what will happen on Black Friday for the Milwaukee release? Only left to wonder....

I think that this is an excellent idea. It would be great if you could pre-order merch prior to a show by a set date. I have no idea how feasible this is however, with available resources etc. I would think that PJ could sell more merch this way. I also think that it may be a challenge for 10C with having show specific merch (and no one wants that to go away!). It is a shame that people cant get stuff for a show that they attended...On another note, the stories about people buying multiple posters at shows is complete BS.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

JB128716 said:

JB128716 said:

Kind of comes across like he's in the band. Well, he seemed to in those round tables. Maybe he's a great guy.

He mentioned selling the posters here (or having pre-sales maybe) would kill the secondary market...so, kill it.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options

He mentioned selling the posters here (or having pre-sales maybe) would kill the secondary market...so, kill it.

What am I missing here? What value is there to the band for a secondary market for posters?
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

What am I missing here? What value is there to the band for a secondary market for posters?

Exactly
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,559
    I think we need to step back and see that for each of the last several tours (even maybe to 2006) there is at most 1 or 2 posters that sell out quick on the webpage.
  • Options

I think we need to step back and see that for each of the last several tours (even maybe to 2006) there is at most 1 or 2 posters that sell out quick on the webpage.

OK, but what about waiting hours in line only to get shut out at the venue? Then you have to hope that there will be extra's sold online at a later date? I just hate to see people shut out that attend a show, and then have to shell out serious $$ on the secondary market. Look, we are talking about posters & stickers here. If there is a way for the band to make more money and provide a way to have merchandise more easily attainable for fans that attend shows, everyone wins, right? For the serious collector, there will always be a way and a means to get what they want...
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    I don't know how the band are expected to second guess the poster sales when very few actually hit this level of demand and the majority sit in the store until they are either vastly reduced in price or put in mystery boxes/tubes. We have created this merch monster ourselves so I find the bitching hilariously ironic. The day PJ start catering to everyone's needs successfully and the complaint threads miraculously disappears I'll eat Big Bank Hank's pink corduroys.
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12