Options

What Is Next? (for PJ and "the guys")

MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
After Denver tonight (and I guess Bridge School), we are headed into kind of an abyss where we do not have much information or clues. You gotta think they will lay somewhat low after this tour and through the holidays and winter, but what is next?

We know there will be RNDM. Possibly a month-long or so tour

Possibly the long-awaited Vedder/Hansard collaboration?

I cant imagine PJ, who seems like they take their time, do their own thing, will be in a rush to get back into the studio right away... is it possible though B.O.B. is tasked with making a "Found Dogs" album of B Sides and Lost Tracks from the past 4 or so albums?

No PJ shows in 2015? Maybe a couple festivals... maybe 1 special event?

It just smells to me like everyone will do their own thing for awhile and we will see a big 2016 with a R&R HOF induction, PJ25, etc...

Anyone have any idears/guesses?

Comments

• Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    My guess:
    "hiatus"/family time till October 2015.
    Nov 2015 - 2 "destination shows" in the US.
    Demo work/Studio time Dec 2015 - April 2016

My hope:
    East Coast Tour in May 2015
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    Canadian tour

One-off shows

Side projects

Lots of time with their families... They deserve it.
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    I love these speculation threads.... So much more than the song request threads (please kill me, I'm so so tired of seeing them).

I think you're right on with laying low. They've now toured for a year (of course spread out) for lightning bolt. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think much will be happening in 2015 other than side projects and perhaps an event type show. I'm hoping for a no code/yield set release but I'm guessing 2016 for that.

I am also hoping they try something a bit different and embrace some kind of vinyl program where they release shows more often on vinyl. It is so huge now that they have to realize the opportunity in it. They have always been cool with bootlegs and live shows but they only release a vault 1x a year.... Maybe they can do more, like 3? (Just take my god damn money).
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Whatever they do I hope that they can still have some live dates scattered around....I like some of the guesses above, especially the Found Dogs.
    Thank you Pearl Jam for again making 2014 a special year for the fans around the world.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    ^^^ agreed 100%. The void of a "year off" would be filled by shows on vinyl.
  • Options
    I find it hard to believe that Canada won't get a piece of the LB tour. They may take a few months off now, but I expect to see them in South America in the spring, and Canada during the fall.
    Halifax - 2005
    Montreal - 2011
    London - 2013
    Worcester 1 - 2013
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Personally (some may say selfishly), I hope they rest up over the holidays and hit the studio. In my opinion Lightning Bolt is a pretty solid album. I want them to keep the momentum and crank out another record. 4-5 years is too long.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735

I find it hard to believe that Canada won't get a piece of the LB tour. They may take a few months off now, but I expect to see them in South America in the spring, and Canada during the fall.

We got a piece of the LB tour you just had to be west coast last winter. Vancouver rocked it! :)
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    I have to say... it might not be a good sign for shows anytime soon... seeing the way they are laying a beat-down on the "Porch" hanging lights.
  • Options
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,470
    I'm hoping for at least some Canadian dates, but also thinking they will be fairly low key next yr. we can only wish :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    10 night stand in Minnesota...
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004

Thank you Pearl Jam for again making 2014 a special year for the fans around the world.

Well said sir :)>-
  • Options
    My very reliable source has heard rumors of a year-long Vegas residency....ala Celine Dion. Also hearing that Pit Bull will be a regular guest artist. Can't wait!
  • Options
    GarasaurasGarasauras Ontario Posts: 231
    I thought I remembered them saying in 2013 that they would hit the studio in 2015. (..somewhere in the promo videos.)

If they wish to preview some of the songs in front of a live audience, then Canada would be a great place to test them out..

Hopefully I'm at least 50% correct.
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,853
    I bet there's nothing for a bit, they'll prob fill the void with the No Code / Yield box set hopefully.

And I hope RNDM is a definite! Hopefully they tour somewhere close to NC, DC at least again.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 696
    Touring Band 2k13/14
    PJ 20/Wrigley releases
    Lost Dogs 2
    No Code/Yield reissues
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    I believe Soundgarden are hitting the studio next year so I think Pearl Jam will have a quiet 2015 and the guys will hit their side projects.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775

My very reliable source has heard rumors of a year-long Vegas residency....ala Celine Dion. Also hearing that Pit Bull will be a regular guest artist. Can't wait!

You hear the news this morning? Britney is now gunning for Celine's money.
  • Options
    AggAgg Posts: 462
    Hopefully East Coast dates, but if not, a special event type show(s)...I would love an excuse to go to Chicago again or somewhere like Boston.
    2013: Wrigley Field, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2014: Cincinnati
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Induction
    2018: Krakow, Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Boston 1, Boston 2
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,849
    I hope to GOD there is a Pearl Jam Canadian Tour this Spring '15. *praise jebus

Maybe some Ed solo show's in Canada. Dude hasn't toured his Ukelele Songs album here yet. @-)

RNDM new album & tour. Could see them tour Europe for a few show's. Just imagine if Brad also releases a new album? Brad & RNDM tour? Or let's go nuts & have Mike's Flight To Mars tour along with them. That would be pretty freaking sweet ride!

No Code & Yield Reissues first quarter of '15.

It would be great to hear some unreleased Pearl Jam songs for a films soundtrack. It's been a while since we got something like this. Maybe the new Avengers - Age of Ultron film, PJ will release a kick ass new song for them to use? That would be cool.

The release of the 2014 Box Set. Maybe that will be available for pre order on November 10th?

Hopefully we'll get an official release of Alpine Valley '11, MIA '12, London '13 & Wrigley '13. An sweet 10club exclusive release for these 4 releases. Also with their release the release of the '12 & '13 CD Box Sets. O:-)

• Options
    MS23098MS23098 Posts: 102
    Tend to agree that it might be a bit of a slow year but hopefully it includes a couple of shows i could reasonably make it to.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    Ed needs some time to rehab that bum knee

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402

10 night stand in Minnesota...

I'd be good with this!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,166
    They seem to be in a groove where they play a small amount of shows every year. I have to imagine with the tours being as small as they are, they need to do them every year to keep the revenue stream going.

It's not like the larger Yield, Binaurual, Riot Act, and Avacado (well to an extent) tours where they would do two large north american legs and a foreign leg. Then they would go dormant for a year or two. A modern PJ tour seems to have the same amount of shows for a whole tour that a single leg would of had in years past.

I assume PJ will continue to do 20 to 30 shows a year just to make ends meet. Albums don't generate as much revenue as they used to so it's all from touring? Smaller tours mean more tours.
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    The heart says there will be a few shows, perhaps a summer destination show again, but the head says it will be very quiet for all of 2015.

The ultimate dream.... they took a page out of the "days of old" and were working on new material as they toured together ala Vs, Vitalogy, etc, and a new album smacks us all upside the head in the summer of 2015. Again, just a dream, not an expectation in any way.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    ckravitz said:

The heart says there will be a few shows, perhaps a summer destination show again, but the head says it will be very quiet for all of 2015.

The ultimate dream.... they took a page out of the "days of old" and were working on new material as they toured together ala Vs, Vitalogy, etc, and a new album smacks us all upside the head in the summer of 2015. Again, just a dream, not an expectation in any way.

Yeah, tough to make an album on the road when the tour is three weeks.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,849
    lolobugg said:

So Vedder Unplugged in Canada '15 is what you are saying?
    That will be cool.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    demetrios said:

lolobugg said:

So Vedder Unplugged in Canada '15 is what you are saying?
    That will be cool.
    yeah. he does sit down most of the show.........
    I would love for you guys to get some solo love....
    has he done Canada before????

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668

ckravitz said:

Yeah, tough to make an album on the road when the tour is three weeks.
    Haha, obviously I meant all legs of the tour, but yeah, I don't think they travel around on a bus anymore either. One can still dream though!