Options

It Was My Daughter and I That Eddie brought out on stage!!!!!!!

ottonypottonyp Posts: 226
edited August 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
I don't even know how to put into words what happened last night.... Basically, me and my daughter Jenna waited around in the parking lot of the venue from 3:30 till 7:30 waiting to see Eddie. Finally at 7:20 I see a security guard walking away from the door he had been guarding all day heading down the street to alternative entrances, so we follow him. Two seconds later a man pulls up in a van with Eddie's bodyguard and Ed. Jenna and I start yelling to Eddie and waving,"Hi" to him, and he definitely spotted us. Before long people begin to assemble so the guard instructs them to drive around the building to the back entrance (where we had been waiting all day). So Jenna and I sprint around the entire venue chasing after Eddie's van. By the time I get to the backdoor Eddie is almost all the way in the door. I hurry to try to take a picture, when suddenly Eddie's bodyguard sternly reprimands me!! A few seconds later, Ed's bodyguard sees me looking in the opened door and he says something like, "You over here, come here"! I hesitated a few moments, as I thought he was going to take my tickets away from me. Next thing you know, Eddie pokes his head around the corner, and upon seeing me, he says, "Him, yes him, get him in here"! So again the bodyguard motions to me to come in, and after hearing Ed, I go walking in. Then Ed says to me, "Dude where is your daughter, get your daughter man"! I thought she was right behind me, so I turn around and notice someone had closed the door. I open the door and to my relief she is standing there with this woman she had been talking with all night. I yell to her, "Jenna, hurry up, come on, Eddie wants to meet you"!
Upon walking back in, Eddie is standing there waiting for us with his bodyguard. We talk for a little while, I take two pictures of him with my daughter, then Jenna takes two pictures of the two of us, Eddie autographs my PJ shirt,and then he reaches in his pocket and says to my daughter, "Sorry honey, I don't have a guitar pic with me". He then reaches to the back of his head and removes his hair tie, and gives this to her. After talking a few more minutes, he says, "It's been great meeting you Jenna and 'pops', but I have to go to work now"! Jenna and I then exit screaming and yelling to a round of cheers from the rest of the fans outside who witnessed what had just happened!
But that was just the beginning of an amazing night. After Eddie had sang nearly a dozen songs, he began telling the story of how he had met Jenna before the show and that this was the first concert she ever attended. He went on to say, "I don't know exactly where she is out there, but I now she is somewhere". Then a guy right next to us yells out, "Jenna is up here Eddie". Then Eddie commented that what he really wanted was for her to come down to the stage so he could sing a song just for her! I led Jenna to the stage, where we were greeted by Ed's bodyguard, who led us backstage. We then watched from there as Eddie performed "Drifting", after which Eddie made the announcement that Jenna had made it to the stage. Because Jenna was so nervous, Eddie set up TWO chairs on stage (one for her and one for me). Shortly after being seated the crowd began singing "Happy Birthday" to Jenna and Eddie said, "No,No,No...I have my own song for her". When the crowd continued to finish the song, Eddie played and sang the remainder of the song. Then he proceeded to sing "Forever Young" to her!! Once he finished he handed my daughter his pic saying, " I told you I would get you a pic before the night was through"! He then I believe, asked the crowd for applause for us and he gave Jenna a hug for the road!
I just want to extend a HUGE THANK YOU to Eddie for providing my daughter (and me) with a night we will NEVER, EVER forget!!! His hospitality to us was amazing!! This is all my daughter has been talking about since it happened!!! Truely an epic night!!! Oh and by the way, to the woman with 'Petunia', my daughter is already missing the both of ya'!! Hope I wasn't to wordy!!!! Peace and Keep On Rocking In The Free World !!!!

P.S. - Here are links to the pics we took:

http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=240764023/PictureID=5540417098/a=46359192_46359192/t_=46359192

http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=240764023/PictureID=5540417098/a=46359192_46359192/t_=46359192

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    Good for you. Those links all show the same photo though. Were there any more?
  • Options
    Dude where is your daughter? Get your daughter man!
    Hahahahaha.
  • Options
    emily18emily18 Posts: 489
    that was adorable!! i thought it was so cute when she was brought out on stage, and when she was waving walking off :)
    and it was awesome how the entire auditorium sang to her. i mean come on, how many of her friends are gonna be able to say they had over 2,000 people simultaneously singing happy birthday to them?!
    the whole time i was thinking "damn, this is a birthday she'll never forget..."
    :D
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    How can I get to see all the photos? I don't really want to open a Snap Fish account.
  • Options
    Red_DotRed_Dot Posts: 1,454
    Thats unreal! its great to hear lots of good Eddie stories. Such a top band.
    Take me for a ride before we leave...
  • Options
    What A Fantastic Story!!

You guys must be just brimming still from this. Dammit I love Pearl Jam.... and Eddie, thank you for loving your fans.
    Congrats guys!
    he who forgets will be destined to remember
  • Options
    KosmicJelliKosmicJelli Posts: 1,855
    Awesome and Happy Birthday!
  • Options
    ottonypottonyp Posts: 226
    I didn't realize they were all the same link, sorry. Here is another picture:

http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=240769308/PictureID=5540666657/a=46359192_46359192/t_=46359192
  • Options
    gozzo5058gozzo5058 Posts: 611
    I was there and that was absolutely nuts...good for you two. regards!
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    congratulations
    great night in montreal
  • Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    Those are AWESOME!!!! Thanks for posting...

EDIT: I (insert "heart" here) Eddie Vedder, cause he does things like this!!!!!!!!!!!
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    Congrats!! That's an awesome story..one I've been following through the threads..I was hoping you would post. Thank you! and Thank You Ed for being you...much love for all.
    "Dream the dream others then...you will be no one's RIVAL!"
    "Doo do do do doo do doo, Doo do do do doo do doo..."
  • Options
    greasytgreasyt Posts: 49
    Incredible Story!!!! I'm so happy for you & your daughter. Those memories will last a lifetime.
  • Options
    That's one of the best Ed-meets I've ever read on this board :) Ed looks so genuinely happy to host you in those photos - wish I could've seen Jenna on stage...I'm so glad she had a good birthday!!
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Thats Great- congrats to you and your daughter
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    man, i thought i was a cool dad because my daughter got to meet the Jonas Brothers the other day...
    you my friend are in line for the father of the year award. great story
    Things were different then. All is different now.
    I tried to explain. Oh, somehow.
  • Options
    Congrats! I was there and it was cute that your daughter was so shy. I could tell that you are a great dad, not only because you took your daughter to see Eddie Vedder for her first concert, but also because of the way you were at her side with your arm around her the whole time. It made me wish my dad was there at the show with me, and put a little tear in my eye. You and your daughter will always have the fact that you shared that little special moment together!
    2003 - Vancouver May 30th
    2005 - Montreal Sept 15th; Ottawa Sept 16th; St. John's, NL Sept 24th; St. John's, NL Sept 25th
    2006 - Albany, NY May 12th; Hartford, CT May 13th
    2008 - Montreal Aug 9th and Montreal Aug 10th (EV Solo)
  • Options
    mertmert Posts: 167
    :D Awesome!!! I saw you guys waiting at the bus when Liam and EJ showed up, and I remembered you guys because I could tell how excited Jenna was, and how she was clearly a fan, not just a child being dragged to a concert with Dad. I know I've retold your story to several people and they were all amazed... Try to keep your little girl's head small now! ;)
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    Awesome for you guys!! :):)
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Oh man! What more can she ask for?
    Her first concert, her birthday and she's on stage with EDDIE VEDDER!

I should be jealous of Jenna and her dad BUT I had good seats for both nights(5th and 6th row). And Eddie was just amazing as well! :D
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    That's an amazing story! Meeting him is such an AMAZING feeling!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    That is so adorable. I'm so happy for you and your daughter.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • Options
    i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    That's cool!!
  • Options
    amazing story, brought tears to my eyes.
    Kansas City 1998, Kansas City 2000, EV- Santa Cruz 2008, EV- Berkeley #1 2008, EV- Berkeley #2 2008, Outside Lands 2009, Seattle #2 2009, Portland 2009, LA #3 2009, LA #4 2009, SD 2009, KC 2010, STL 2010, CBUS 2010, Indy 2010, Cle 2010, Buffalo 2010, Boston 2010, Newark 2010, MSG 1 2010, MSG 2 2010, PJ20 1 2011, PJ20 2 2011, Midtown 2012, Worcester 1 2013, Worcester 2 2013, OKC 2013, STL 2014, Tulsa 2014, Lincoln 2014.
  • Options
    zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    i called my 12 yrs old son over to look at your photo - he saw pj for the first time in 06, and he had only just turned 10. he read your story and got the biggest smile and said 'eddie is just so great isnt he' :D

ed is really the most generous, humble guy ...
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    That is so amazing! She will never forget that! :) Eddie rocks! <3
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,690
    Awesome!!
    Just Awesome!!

That was great :)
  • Options
    morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    Thanks for sharing your story. I love this kinda stuff. What an AWESOME event to share with your daughter. You made my morning.
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • Options
    GizzoGizzo Posts: 53
    Wow, wow, wow. So cool and that was such a special moment. Happy Birthday Jenna!!