Options

It Was My Daughter and I That Eddie brought out on stage!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    ciaochowciaochow Posts: 97
    ottonyp wrote:
    Oh and by the way, to the woman with 'Petunia', my daughter is already missing the both of ya'!! Hope I wasn't to wordy!!!! Peace and Keep On Rocking In The Free World !!!!

That's me! It was really a pleasure to meet you both and pass the time with chatting before the show. I was so happy when you were brought on stage! Your excitement at that moment was palpable.

Tell Jenna that Petunia and I say hi and I'll see her at the next Canadian Pearl Jam show.

I hope you're able to find some pictures of you both on stage! What a night!
    20. ottawa - may '16
    19. ottawa - may '11
    18. montreal - sept '11
    17. toronto - aug '09
    16. toronto - aug '08 (ev solo)
    15. toronto - aug '08 (ev solo)
    14. montreal - aug '08 (ev solo)
    13. montreal - aug '08 (ev solo)
    12. toronto - may '06
    11. ottawa - sept '05
    10. mansfield, ma - july '03
    9. NYC - oct '00 (nader rally)
    8. mansfield, ma - sept '00
    7. DC - sept '98 (voters for choice)
    6. NYC - sept '98
    5. east rutherford, NJ - sept '98
    4. montreal - aug '98
    3. augusta, me - sept '96
    2. toronto - sept '96
    1. gimli - aug '93
  • Options
    ottonypottonyp Posts: 226
    That's me! It was really a pleasure to meet you both and pass the time with chatting before the show. I was so happy when you were brought on stage! Your excitement at that moment was palpable.

Tell Jenna that Petunia and I say hi and I'll see her at the next Canadian Pearl Jam show.

I hope you're able to find some pictures of you both on stage! What a night!

It was awesome hanging out with you while we were waiting to met Ed! I feel so bad that you were unable to meet him as well (you had been waiting just as long,if not even longer than we had)! I hope we will continue to correspond duing Ed's/PJ's downtime! And I too,hope we can all meet up again for another show! Here is a link to a picture of us on stage w/Ed (so far it's the only one I have)! We both miss ya'! You are a wonderful person (my daughter really took to you and your dog)!

http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=240798316/PictureID=5542046344/a=46359192_46359192/t_=46359192
  • Options
    ridiculously wonderful...!!!!!

so happy for you and jenna :)

and eddie never ceases to amaze me with his kind gestures...!!!!
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • Options
    ciaochowciaochow Posts: 97
    ottonyp wrote:
    It was awesome hanging out with you while we were waiting to met Ed! I feel so bad that you were unable to meet him as well (you had been waiting just as long,if not even longer than we had)! I hope we will continue to correspond duing Ed's/PJ's downtime! And I too,hope we can all meet up again for another show! Here is a link to a picture of us on stage w/Ed (so far it's the only one I have)! We both miss ya'! You are a wonderful person (my daughter really took to you and your dog)!

http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=240798316/PictureID=5542046344/a=46359192_46359192/t_=46359192

The picture is so great - I mean, the quality isn't great but it still is a token of your memory! You're really sweet and Jenna was great company. Petunia has never spent so much time with a kid so I was glad she got to.

It was the first time I did that (waiting around for ev to appear) and it will be my last. All that waiting and not knowing really soured me on the whole thing. But to see what a reception Jenna got - well, that was great!

According to ed at last night's show, there's going to be quite a long while until there's another tour. Who knows? Maybe Jenna will be celebrating her tenth or eleventh at that time! (Hopefully not that long.)

Cheers!
    20. ottawa - may '16
    19. ottawa - may '11
    18. montreal - sept '11
    17. toronto - aug '09
    16. toronto - aug '08 (ev solo)
    15. toronto - aug '08 (ev solo)
    14. montreal - aug '08 (ev solo)
    13. montreal - aug '08 (ev solo)
    12. toronto - may '06
    11. ottawa - sept '05
    10. mansfield, ma - july '03
    9. NYC - oct '00 (nader rally)
    8. mansfield, ma - sept '00
    7. DC - sept '98 (voters for choice)
    6. NYC - sept '98
    5. east rutherford, NJ - sept '98
    4. montreal - aug '98
    3. augusta, me - sept '96
    2. toronto - sept '96
    1. gimli - aug '93
  • Options
    eldermanelderman Posts: 180
    Wonderful story, every pj fans dream.

I once played on stage with PJ and went on a great solo with Mike looking on.
    Problem was I cannot play guitar for anything and IT WAS A DREAM!!!!.

Should have started a new thread "anyone else out there dream of PJ" but just too weird.
  • Options
    I dont understand how some people have met him.
    Everytime ive waited around before or after the show he either shows up after i leave or he finds another way in. and the other times he just walks right in.
    Im happy for you two also, just wish i could meet him once
  • Options
    meipyemeipye Posts: 2
    Here is a link to a picture of us on stage w/Ed (so far it's the only one I have)!
    http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=240798316/PictureID=5542046344/a=46359192_46359192/t_=46359192[/quote]

I saw another thread earlier (can't find it anymore) where you were looking for pics of you and Jenna onstage with Ed. I have 5 of them mixed in with my other pics from the concert. Not all great quality, but not too bad. Hope this helps! BTW - that must have been an AWESOME moment for you 2. It was awesome for the audience, so I can only imagine how you must have felt!! I saw 5 of the shows on Ed's solo tour (Montreal was the last, but the best). He made each one really special with those kinds of gestures. What a great guy!!

http://augustconcerts2008.shutterfly.com/61
    "Rise - Life is in motion."
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,954
    congrads to you both! :)
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    Man just reading this story makes me hope that my daughter grows up quickly enough so I can take her to a PJ show or a Ed show while they're still around!!!

I just really want to have that experience of taking my daughter along to a show so she can witness first hand why her Father is so passionate about this band!!

But she's only 21 months right now, so I'm hoping that PJ is still playing in another 8-10 years.

Anways, that was a great story and one that I'm starting to hear more often now. Maybe Eddie is getting soft in his old age and enjoying some of the success and fan worship, lol. Either way, I never get tired of hearing these type of stories...just one reason why I love this band so much.

Peace,

RM
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    Awesome story man.Atleast some major rock stars still care about there fans. That made ur daughter a PJ fan for life.
  • Options
    My daughter and I would like to personally thank everyone who not only took the time to read our story, but also took the time to respond with such touching comments. I can't believe that the story has had over 5,000 views (I would have never of imagined that when I wrote it). It was definitely a surreal experience! I didn't really "hit me" super hard emotionally until I started reading some of the responses to our story (to read how emotionally touched others were (especially some of the "not so emotional men" that were in attendance, that said they got a tear to their eye/got all choked-up)), at which point the same started to happen to me! This outporing of emotion goes to show that Pearl Jam definitely have a loyal following of fans whom really do care for and about one another, as the band does for it's fans! I can only hope that each and every PJ fan gets to have a similiar experience in the near future (as it is something that will never be forgotten)!! Once again, "Thanks" to everyone on the message board for being so caring! Keep On Rocking In The Free World w/Pearl Jam!! May I see ya' all soon on the next tour (wherever it may lead us)!
  • Options
    ottonyp wrote:
    I don't even know how to put into words what happened last night.... Basically, me and my daughter Jenna waited around in the parking lot of the venue from 3:30 till 7:30 waiting to see Eddie. Finally at 7:20 I see a security guard walking away from the door he had been guarding all day heading down the street to alternative entrances, so we follow him. Two seconds later a man pulls up in a van with Eddie's bodyguard and Ed. Jenna and I start yelling to Eddie and waving,"Hi" to him, and he definitely spotted us. Before long people begin to assemble so the guard instructs them to drive around the building to the back entrance (where we had been waiting all day). So Jenna and I sprint around the entire venue chasing after Eddie's van. By the time I get to the backdoor Eddie is almost all the way in the door. I hurry to try to take a picture, when suddenly Eddie's bodyguard sternly reprimands me!! A few seconds later, Ed's bodyguard sees me looking in the opened door and he says something like, "You over here, come here"! I hesitated a few moments, as I thought he was going to take my tickets away from me. Next thing you know, Eddie pokes his head around the corner, and upon seeing me, he says, "Him, yes him, get him in here"! So again the bodyguard motions to me to come in, and after hearing Ed, I go walking in. Then Ed says to me, "Dude where is your daughter, get your daughter man"! I thought she was right behind me, so I turn around and notice someone had closed the door. I open the door and to my relief she is standing there with this woman she had been talking with all night. I yell to her, "Jenna, hurry up, come on, Eddie wants to meet you"!
    Upon walking back in, Eddie is standing there waiting for us with his bodyguard. We talk for a little while, I take two pictures of him with my daughter, then Jenna takes two pictures of the two of us, Eddie autographs my PJ shirt,and then he reaches in his pocket and says to my daughter, "Sorry honey, I don't have a guitar pic with me". He then reaches to the back of his head and removes his hair tie, and gives this to her. After talking a few more minutes, he says, "It's been great meeting you Jenna and 'pops', but I have to go to work now"! Jenna and I then exit screaming and yelling to a round of cheers from the rest of the fans outside who witnessed what had just happened!
    But that was just the beginning of an amazing night. After Eddie had sang nearly a dozen songs, he began telling the story of how he had met Jenna before the show and that this was the first concert she ever attended. He went on to say, "I don't know exactly where she is out there, but I now she is somewhere". Then a guy right next to us yells out, "Jenna is up here Eddie". Then Eddie commented that what he really wanted was for her to come down to the stage so he could sing a song just for her! I led Jenna to the stage, where we were greeted by Ed's bodyguard, who led us backstage. We then watched from there as Eddie performed "Drifting", after which Eddie made the announcement that Jenna had made it to the stage. Because Jenna was so nervous, Eddie set up TWO chairs on stage (one for her and one for me). Shortly after being seated the crowd began singing "Happy Birthday" to Jenna and Eddie said, "No,No,No...I have my own song for her". When the crowd continued to finish the song, Eddie played and sang the remainder of the song. Then he proceeded to sing "Forever Young" to her!! Once he finished he handed my daughter his pic saying, " I told you I would get you a pic before the night was through"! He then I believe, asked the crowd for applause for us and he gave Jenna a hug for the road!
    I just want to extend a HUGE THANK YOU to Eddie for providing my daughter (and me) with a night we will NEVER, EVER forget!!! His hospitality to us was amazing!! This is all my daughter has been talking about since it happened!!! Truely an epic night!!! Oh and by the way, to the woman with 'Petunia', my daughter is already missing the both of ya'!! Hope I wasn't to wordy!!!! Peace and Keep On Rocking In The Free World !!!!

P.S. - Here are links to the pics we took:

http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=240764023/PictureID=5540417098/a=46359192_46359192/t_=46359192

http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=240764023/PictureID=5540417098/a=46359192_46359192/t_=46359192

That was such a beautiful experience. I was in tears reading this. I'm so happy for the both of you.
    Underneath this smile lies everything...All my hopes, anger, pride and shame...make myself a pact, not to shut doors on the past just for today,... I am free.
  • Options
    Still looking for some pictures of my daughter and I onstage w/Eddie @ Montreal II. If anyone has any and would like to share them with me, please PM me!! Thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to help me!!
  • Options
    **** Bump for pictures! ****
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    eofcake wrote:

So awesome for her!!!! that was great! thanks for posting!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    I was there... what a amazing moment....
    Montreal 2000 - 2003 - 2005 - 2011
    Ottawa 2005 - 2011 - 2016
    Québec 2005 - 2016
    Toronto 2006 night #1
    Toronto 2006 night #2
    EV Montreal 2008 Night #1
    EV Montreal 2008 Night #2
  • Options
    that is so awesome. I can't believe that happened......I do but I am amazed is what I mean

Eddie is so random and cool and all and you just never know when you might meet him.

when? when? when???????????

j/k

still awesome............

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    ClariceClarice Posts: 256
    Nothing happens if you dont deserv this. I belive it´s a great conjunction of ideas and moments. Congratulations for you and your daughter.
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    That is an awesome story!

Ed is just such a genuine guy...he remembers what it means to be a fan and how much it means to meet you inspirations.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    angelm20angelm20 Posts: 142
    silver39 wrote:
    Wow your daughter is sooo lucky!! Good for her! And Happy Birthday to her as well!
    I imagine Eddie was thinking of his own daughter and soon to be born child when he saw her. What an awesome guy!!!!

Just wish it was me, haha!

Ed and Jill are having another babe? WOW~ when are they due?
  • Options
    angelm19 wrote:
    Ed and Jill are having another babe? WOW~ when are they due?

This was posted before and due to the personal nature of it; the poster had pix and all, it was deleted. The poster said like in the fall; but I don't know. Like I said it got nixed due to personal info we are not to talk about.

I do mean this in all do respect, but they are the ones in charge here.

• Options
    MargoMargo Posts: 256
    I have not been to this board for about 3 weeks and the first story I read is this one.

What an amazing night it must have been!
    Amsterdam 1996, Arnhem 2006, Nijmegen 2007, Dusseldorf 2007, Rotterdam 2009
    London 2009, Dublin 2010, Belfast 2010, Nijmegen 2010, Manchester I & II 2012, Amsterdam I 2012, Stockholm 2012, EV Amsterdam I 2012
  • Options
    Margo wrote:
    I have not been to this board for about 3 weeks and the first story I read is this one.

What an amazing night it must have been!

I had hoped that one time I would just get to meet Eddie personally (Ed held my arm for balance while he stood on the rail at Irving Plaza singing "Porch" , and I caught a glimpse of him and the rest of the members in PJ when I snuck backstage at The Pepsi Arena in Albany, NY in 2006, I did manage to score a copy of the setlist!), I never really dreamed it would happen, nonetheless what did happen! It turned out to be a night I constantly think about (I remember each and every detail), and that I will never forget!! I met My Rock N Roll Idol!! "The Man" himself!!!
  • Options
    tablismtablism Posts: 10
    Great story, but where in the original post did he tell eddie it was her birthday and then why did the crowd start singing happy birthday?

Im confused.

Awesome adventure though!
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Wow.. this is just too cool..I cant even imagine how excited she must of been :D Or you for that matter!

Thanks for sharin the photos.. im so glad you guys had such a wonderful evening:)
  • Options
    tablism wrote:
    Great story, but where in the original post did he tell eddie it was her birthday and then why did the crowd start singing happy birthday?

Im confused.

Awesome adventure though!

Eddie commented before he was bringing her out on stage, "it's not her birthday, but we will just pretend it is". I was standing side backstage with my daughter when I yelled out to Eddie, "Eddie it is her birthday". To which he replied, "Are you fucking kidding me, oops, Fuck, Jimmimny Cricket". So that is how Ed & the audienece found out it was her birthday! That is a large part of why I brought her to the show...it was for her birthday!!
  • Options
    Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    Wow!* I am so happy you and your daughter got this opportunity.* I was just thinking about how since Eddie became a dad he appears to be so much more content and mellow in his own skin.* I saw a pic of his daughter and him and the tour bus looking out the window and it was very poignant. Parenting IMO is one of the greatest gifts and most important things in this life we can do and changes our perspective about the world in general.* I have loved seeing the world through my son's eyes these past 12 years with everything new and untainted as he's grown.* Just watching my son at his first PJ show this past summer and his excitement at the band and crowd and talking to him about it brought a tear to my eye* point of view.when he shared his experience with me.** I am so glad you and your beautiful daughter got this opportunity and will share this special memory forever.*
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    ottonyp wrote:
    Eddie commented before he was bringing her out on stage, "it's not her birthday, but we will just pretend it is". I was standing side backstage with my daughter when I yelled out to Eddie, "Eddie it is her birthday". To which he replied, "Are you fucking kidding me, oops, Fuck, Jimmimny Cricket". So that is how Ed & the audienece found out it was her birthday! That is a large part of why I brought her to the show...it was for her birthday!!

WOW that is so~oo freekin cool! You almost forgot to tell us that part~dang thats awesome!!