Options

It Was My Daughter and I That Eddie brought out on stage!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    StaffanStaffan Posts: 606
    Wow, this story gave me goosebumps all over :)

So happy for you and your daughter !

Long may she rock :)

Peace
    Everyday................is Pearl Jam Day.

Except Sundays, that's Ed day.

The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open. FZ

• Options
    How incredible! What an amazing story. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    That's amazing...however, I am jealous!!! I wish that happened when I took my 8 year old son to see him in San Diego!!! We had 3rd row but he didn't notice him :(
  • Options
    Riot_MacRiot_Mac Posts: 473
    Wow! Such an awesome story.
    "hear my name, take a good look, this could be the day."
  • Options
    kiwiseggkiwisegg Posts: 20
    That was a great moment of the show. My 6y old girl loves PJ and Into the wild as well...what a great thing to have done for your child. Do you live near MTL or are you from out of town?
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Thats great man...you and your daughter will have this memory for the rest of your lives!
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    SCRIBLING C-MENTSCRIBLING C-MENT Springfield, IL Posts: 248
    Great story, I've been waiting to hear this story from the source.

Thanks man for posting this!
  • Options
    ottonypottonyp Posts: 226
    kiwisegg wrote:
    That was a great moment of the show. My 6y old girl loves PJ and Into the wild as well...what a great thing to have done for your child. Do you live near MTL or are you from out of town?

We live very close to Albany, New York! This was also my daughters first time outside the United States!
  • Options
    FedericoFederico Posts: 7,916
    Amazing!!
  • Options
    ballgameballgame Posts: 201
    thats awesome!

Wha a life Ed has. Needs a body gaurd to go everywhere. That would annoy me
  • Options
    joebotjoebot Posts: 372
    Thats a cool yet bizarre story. Then again I'm 32 and I'm jealous of a little girl so maybe thats bizarre. Great for you guys !
  • Options
    That was an uplifting story to say the least. Congrats to the both of you.
    "What is this, the stage diving Olympics"?
  • Options
    G ForceG Force Posts: 1,392
    ottonyp wrote:
    I don't even know how to put into words what happened last night.... Basically, me and my daughter Jenna waited around in the parking lot of the venue from 3:30 till 7:30 waiting to see Eddie. Finally at 7:20 I see a security guard walking away from the door he had been guarding all day heading down the street to alternative entrances, so we follow him. Two seconds later a man pulls up in a van with Eddie's bodyguard and Ed. Jenna and I start yelling to Eddie and waving,"Hi" to him, and he definitely spotted us. Before long people begin to assemble so the guard instructs them to drive around the building to the back entrance (where we had been waiting all day). So Jenna and I sprint around the entire venue chasing after Eddie's van. By the time I get to the backdoor Eddie is almost all the way in the door. I hurry to try to take a picture, when suddenly Eddie's bodyguard sternly reprimands me!! A few seconds later, Ed's bodyguard sees me looking in the opened door and he says something like, "You over here, come here"! I hesitated a few moments, as I thought he was going to take my tickets away from me. Next thing you know, Eddie pokes his head around the corner, and upon seeing me, he says, "Him, yes him, get him in here"! So again the bodyguard motions to me to come in, and after hearing Ed, I go walking in. Then Ed says to me, "Dude where is your daughter, get your daughter man"! I thought she was right behind me, so I turn around and notice someone had closed the door. I open the door and to my relief she is standing there with this woman she had been talking with all night. I yell to her, "Jenna, hurry up, come on, Eddie wants to meet you"!
    Upon walking back in, Eddie is standing there waiting for us with his bodyguard. We talk for a little while, I take two pictures of him with my daughter, then Jenna takes two pictures of the two of us, Eddie autographs my PJ shirt,and then he reaches in his pocket and says to my daughter, "Sorry honey, I don't have a guitar pic with me". He then reaches to the back of his head and removes his hair tie, and gives this to her. After talking a few more minutes, he says, "It's been great meeting you Jenna and 'pops', but I have to go to work now"! Jenna and I then exit screaming and yelling to a round of cheers from the rest of the fans outside who witnessed what had just happened!
    But that was just the beginning of an amazing night. After Eddie had sang nearly a dozen songs, he began telling the story of how he had met Jenna before the show and that this was the first concert she ever attended. He went on to say, "I don't know exactly where she is out there, but I now she is somewhere". Then a guy right next to us yells out, "Jenna is up here Eddie". Then Eddie commented that what he really wanted was for her to come down to the stage so he could sing a song just for her! I led Jenna to the stage, where we were greeted by Ed's bodyguard, who led us backstage. We then watched from there as Eddie performed "Drifting", after which Eddie made the announcement that Jenna had made it to the stage. Because Jenna was so nervous, Eddie set up TWO chairs on stage (one for her and one for me). Shortly after being seated the crowd began singing "Happy Birthday" to Jenna and Eddie said, "No,No,No...I have my own song for her". When the crowd continued to finish the song, Eddie played and sang the remainder of the song. Then he proceeded to sing "Forever Young" to her!! Once he finished he handed my daughter his pic saying, " I told you I would get you a pic before the night was through"! He then I believe, asked the crowd for applause for us and he gave Jenna a hug for the road!
    I just want to extend a HUGE THANK YOU to Eddie for providing my daughter (and me) with a night we will NEVER, EVER forget!!! His hospitality to us was amazing!! This is all my daughter has been talking about since it happened!!! Truely an epic night!!! Oh and by the way, to the woman with 'Petunia', my daughter is already missing the both of ya'!! Hope I wasn't to wordy!!!! Peace and Keep On Rocking In The Free World !!!!

P.S. - Here are links to the pics we took:

http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=240764023/PictureID=5540417098/a=46359192_46359192/t_=46359192

http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=240764023/PictureID=5540417098/a=46359192_46359192/t_=46359192

Man...thats so rad. Ed is so cool.

Thats one to remember. Congrats.
  • Options
    ios94ios94 Posts: 5
    lol @ Eddie saying, "it really is her Bday?? Are you for fng real.....oopppss....I mean jimminy cricket" lol

What a show.
    I'm sure your daughter will never forget that, good for her.
    Montreal -1993/08/19
    Montreal -1998/08/20
    Montreal -2005/09/15
  • Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    awesome story!!
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    CityMouseCityMouse Posts: 1,010
    ios94 wrote:
    lol @ Eddie saying, "it really is her Bday?? Are you for fng real.....oopppss....I mean jimminy cricket" lol

What a show.
    I'm sure your daughter will never forget that, good for her.

hahahaha that was pretty hilarious. You'd think ed would be more on top of that since he has his own kid! I always do that, I forget I'm around little kids and then when I realize I'm like "shit!" then I'm like ooops!!!
  • Options
    I love reading stories like this. Puts a smile on my face. You will never forget that.
    To Someone Who Needed To Move Their Car:"Congratulations! You win,you get towed!"-E.V.

ilovesinging-The crazy lady that you catch in detention. Yeah,you can talk to me.
    I am me-I would love to keep it that way.
  • Options
    cchevr1cchevr1 Posts: 1
    The part with your daughter was my favourite part! Congrats on such a wonderful memory! Eddie rocks!
  • Options
    Nice picture. :D
    To Someone Who Needed To Move Their Car:"Congratulations! You win,you get towed!"-E.V.

ilovesinging-The crazy lady that you catch in detention. Yeah,you can talk to me.
    I am me-I would love to keep it that way.
  • Options
    jtr101jtr101 Posts: 269
    Its my birthday on wednesday and i'll be at the Toronto show.....one can only hope...haha...

Congrats on meeting him!
    Enjoy difference. Without it we're all boring!

• Options
    PJSEMPREPJSEMPRE Posts: 687
    Amazing story!
    Your daughter won't forget that night.
    Happy birthday to your daughter.
    Let's say knowledge is a tree, yeah.
    It's growing up just like me.
  • Options
    ballgameballgame Posts: 201
    are all those pics the same?
  • Options
    VartVart Posts: 291
    ottonyp wrote:
    We live very close to Albany, New York! This was also my daughters first time outside the United States!

Where near Albany are you? My girlfriend and I live in Albany and were at the show. Jenna may not realize it now, but that one night will almost surely change her life forever.
    PJ: 8/27/00 4/29/03 9/15/05 5/12/06 6/28/08 6/30/08 8/21/09 5/15/10 5/21/10 9/11/11 9/12/11 9/14/11 10/25/13 10/27/13 10/29/13 10/30/13 8/5/16 8/7/16 9/2/18 9/4/18
    EV: 8/09/08 8/10/08 6/08/09 6/09/09 6/18/11
  • Options
    This was one of the highlights of the show for me...absolutely awesome and full of emotion.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BinOttawa/featured
    Sometimes I see a strange spot in the sky, a human being that was Given To Fly
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Wonderful story Otto, wish I was there the 2nd night to see it! It just emphasizes what an incredible person Eddie is, and how generous he can be! Lucky Jenna and you!

P.S. I'm in the Albany area too.
  • Options
    That is such a gorgeous story ottonyp! I just had the biggest grin as I read along your post! Jeanna is so lucky and that's probably one hell of a birthday for her! I mean, how many people get a SEA of an audience sing to them happy birthday?! I'm really glad it happened for her and she's also as cute as button :D And I love the smile on Eddie's face, it seemed truly geniune! I love that, I really wish I could thank him for loving his fans! What a guy! Thank you so much for sharing this story with the Jamily :p it made my day! And I bet it was real special for you too :D Haha while I'm madly jealous :p I'm still very happy for you both! Good things happen to good people ;)
    "Does anyone remember laughter?"

"Where's Mike McCready? My god he's been ate!"

"If you're an Elvis fan, there's no explanation necessary; if you're not, there's no explanation possible."

"Sometimes God makes perfect people and Paul Newman was one of them." - RIP Paul Newman
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    Wow your daughter is sooo lucky!! Good for her! And Happy Birthday to her as well!
    I imagine Eddie was thinking of his own daughter and soon to be born child when he saw her. What an awesome guy!!!!

Just wish it was me, haha!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    Amazing for you and your daughter! Congrats!!