Options

Do NOT feed the scalpers!

Just a reminder to not feed the scalpers.

There's a guy on FB right now claiming he WILL sell his Cincinnati pit ticket for profit and has no qualms in doing so.

Ugh.
Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"

Comments

• Options
    There are 300 people in the Lost Dogs Forum who are FLIPPING everything and anything they can get their hands on.

They have no qualms doing so.

Just sayin.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773

There are 300 people in the Lost Dogs Forum who are FLIPPING everything and anything they can get their hands on.

They have no qualms doing so.

Just sayin.

Aye, but tickets are specifically against the posted rules.

AFAIK, the lost dogs rule is you need to have a listed price.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    I wasn't trying to be a smartass. I really wasn't. But EVERYTHING sold here on this website has the "Not For Resale" tag. Yet EVERYTHING here is flipped at some point in time. To me, and again that's just my opinion, the concert tickets shouldn't be treated any different. If you want to punish someone for flipping a concert ticket, than also punish the 300 people flipping shirts, cds, posters, etc.
  • Options

I wasn't trying to be a smartass. I really wasn't. But EVERYTHING sold here on this website has the "Not For Resale" tag. Yet EVERYTHING here is flipped at some point in time. To me, and again that's just my opinion, the concert tickets shouldn't be treated any different. If you want to punish someone for flipping a concert ticket, than also punish the 300 people flipping shirts, cds, posters, etc.

Very good point. Something has to change, I agree...how can the band be against flipping tickets while they turn a blind eye towards flipping other limited edition items?

• Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    I don't think the band really cares about flipping tickets.. Those days are long gone..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    Wma31394 said:

I don't think the band really cares about flipping tickets.. Those days are long gone..

Long gone.

• Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626

And Bingo was his name-o.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    And honestly I don't have a problem with people selling tickets on ebay or stubhub. Personally, I would rather go on ebay or stubhub, cough up a little extra money, and have my tickets....Instead of having to come here and BEG AND PLEAD with people, for months, trying to get a ticket.

And yes Lost in Ohio, I can obviously see where many people here would be offended by the guy selling his 10club GA. ticket for a profit. I get that.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,559

Shhhhh....you'll ruin this for everyone.
  • Options

And honestly I don't have a problem with people selling tickets on ebay or stubhub. Personally, I would rather go on ebay or stubhub, cough up a little extra money, and have my tickets....Instead of having to come here and BEG AND PLEAD with people, for months, trying to get a ticket.

And yes Lost in Ohio, I can obviously see where many people here would be offended by the guy selling his 10club GA. ticket for a profit. I get that.

If I ever HAD to buy a scalped ticket, especially at these ridiculous prices, I'd pay the guy AFTER we are both in the building. No way would I give someone $300 outside and hope the ticket is valid.

With that said, rules are rules...even if they don't make sense all of the time.

• Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    edited August 2014

Selling an item for big $$$ is okay. Trading an item for a ticket is not okay, as I was kindly reminded last week. :)
    Post edited by madtowndave on
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    edited August 2014
    Selling an item for big $$$ is okay. Trading an item for a ticket is not okay, as I was kindly reminded last week. :)

Madtowndave - can you elaborate. Not sure what you are puttin down and it has me curious. Sarcasm?
    Post edited by FoxyRedLa on
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    FoxyRedLa said:

Madtowndave - can you elaborate. Not sure what you are puttin down and it has me curious. Sarcasm?

I could be wrong, but pretty sure a thread will get locked on LD if you offer to trade something other than a ticket for a ticket. You can sell said item for whatever price you want, but you can't post that you will trade it for a ticket. Not sure if this is what MTD is referencing...
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,246
    FoxyRedLa said:

Tickets are face value only ie you can't trade an item of higher value (current market value) for tickets
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Gotcha. Makes sense. Appreciate it. :)
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,990
    Happy anniversary to wife of 9 years and that Speedy M couldn't have said it anymore better.....it's all horse shit! Sorry for the shameless plug... Lol....beer is good.

Happy Wednesday
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    jlaustin said:

FoxyRedLa said:

I could be wrong, but pretty sure a thread will get locked on LD if you offer to trade something other than a ticket for a ticket. You can sell said item for whatever price you want, but you can't post that you will trade it for a ticket. Not sure if this is what MTD is referencing...

Sarcasm. Just making an indirect comment about the flipping/ scalping/ reselling policy of merch vs. tickets.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    jlaustin said:

FoxyRedLa said:

Exactly what I was referencing.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    edited August 2014
    Scroll down to the bottom of this link after putting 2 in for 'how many tickets'

http://m.ticketsmore.com/tix/2340161?SearchTermOrigin=Pearl Jam Detroit&EndIndexOrigin=14
    Post edited by zarocat on
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: New York X2
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    edited August 2014

completely agree

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192

Scroll down to the bottom of this link after putting 2 in for 'how many tickets'

http://m.ticketsmore.com/tix/2340161?SearchTermOrigin=Pearl Jam Detroit&EndIndexOrigin=14

It would be TOTALLY worth it if you could get GA AND the limo service. ;)

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore