Options

What the hell? $37 shipping for Vault 4

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,853
    kg162716 said:

Not to mention, they usually show up with the corners destroyed....

Have you bought the Vault 3 vinyl? The packaging is amazing!! I wish everyone shipped vinyl like that.

• Options
    It's postage and packaging. But if you ask nicely I'm sure tenc will stick a label on your record sleeve. That way your save a few dollars.
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,231

It's postage and packaging. But if you ask nicely I'm sure tenc will stick a label on your record sleeve. That way your save a few dollars.

Yea $4.87 last year was postage and packaging too.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    The least they could do is allow combined shipping for people who live in the same city.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    demetrios said:

kg162716 said:

Have you bought the Vault 3 vinyl? The packaging is amazing!! I wish everyone shipped vinyl like that.

Ya I agree...but it doesn't justify us paying $20 more than the US fans pay. I would have been ok with like $20 in shipping.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
  • Options
    kg162716kg162716 Posts: 567
    edited August 2014
    demetrios said:

kg162716 said:

Maybe I've just had incredibly bad luck Demetrios...Vault 3 was packed pretty well....Let's hope that happens again!!!
    Toronto '03, Boston '04, Halifax '05, Boston 1&2 '06, Mansfield 1&2 '08, Boston '10, Toronto 1&2 '11, Brooklyn 1&2 13, Sao Paulo '15, Brasilia '15, Belo Horizonte '15, Rio '15, Quebec '16, Fenway '1&2 16', Seattle 1 & 2 18', Quebec ‘22
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    If the stuff arrived quickly and you could track it this price would be normal. But that much for shipping where you can't even track it and it takes weeks is outrageous, and absolutely off kilter. I ship to the US all the time, and yes, that's about how much this item would cost to ship, but that is with tracking and it would arrive in a week. We're paying way too much here for no tracking and very slow delivery. I don't understand it at all.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    kg162716kg162716 Posts: 567
    PJ_Soul said:

If the stuff arrived quickly and you could track it this price would be normal. But that much for shipping where you can't even track it and it takes weeks is outrageous, and absolutely off kilter. I ship to the US all the time, and yes, that's about how much this item would cost to ship, but that is with tracking and it would arrive in a week. We're paying way too much here for no tracking and very slow delivery. I don't understand it at all.

=D>
    Toronto '03, Boston '04, Halifax '05, Boston 1&2 '06, Mansfield 1&2 '08, Boston '10, Toronto 1&2 '11, Brooklyn 1&2 13, Sao Paulo '15, Brasilia '15, Belo Horizonte '15, Rio '15, Quebec '16, Fenway '1&2 16', Seattle 1 & 2 18', Quebec ‘22
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Exactly. And at least allow combined shipping to cut cost.
  • Options
    ACCBootlegGoddessACCBootlegGoddess Posts: 4,184
    edited August 2014
    PJ_Soul said:

EXACTLY!!!!!!
    It was over 10 weeks for Lightening Bolt LP.

Post edited by ACCBootlegGoddess on
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057
    PJ_Soul about summed it up.
    The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • Options
    I'd say the follow up email tells you it has been shipped with the tracking number?

Ten Club LLC would like to thank you for your order.
    Your order has successfully been submitted for processing. You will receive a follow up email when your order is ready to ship.
  • Options

I'd say the follow up email tells you it has been shipped with the tracking number?

Your order has successfully been submitted for processing. You will receive a follow up email when your order is ready to ship.
    No. There is no international tracking.
  • Options
    MdeanseattleMdeanseattle West Seattle Posts: 63
    Even in Seattle the price doubled for shipping from last years vault. I would expect at this cost to use ups but lets upcharge for the failure of mail innovation . Please Ten club at least give us different shipping options like amazon . This is why I canceled lightning bolt and got the vinyl same day from amazon.
  • Options
    There has to be one included for international tracking.... jeese I hope so...when the next email comes to my inbox
    Horse2345 said:

• Options
    rattzeyrattzey Posts: 875
    edited August 2014
    I wish the would have just charged me$85 with free shipping...some how that would have made me feel better, oh well at least we have another vault on vinyl
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J
  • Options

There has to be one included for international tracking.... jeese I hope so...when the next email comes to my inbox

Horse2345 said:

There has never been international tracking.
  • Options
    Yeah you are correct... just realized there was never any international tracking from 10CC orders... oh well that's life.... I just hope it comes to me unharmed and unbent
    Horse2345 said:

Horse2345 said:

There has never been international tracking.

• Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Damn, 37$!?
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    slinger256slinger256 Victoria Posts: 371
    This is a $27 dollar shipment with tracking to Canada via USPS. Much less without tracking. Never had a problem with Third Man Records when shipping without tracking.
    UPS can suck it.
  • Options
    mcolombomcolombo Posts: 47
    It's an abuse
    Leeds 2014 / Milton Keynes 2014 / Barcelona 2018 / Lisboa 2018
  • Options
    foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 730

ok since none of the Americans on here are willing to answer my question...I found out from Facebook. Total to New York is $62. How the hell does it cost DOUBLE to ship to Canada?? Answer - it doesn't!

if the package weighs in at 4 lbs., shipping would be $28 or so.
    if it weighs over, it jumps to $40 plus to Canada
    go to USPS.com and see for yourself
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    edited August 2014
    i dont have pro with 38 $ even its alot..i have problem with paying 38$ when i have to wait 2 months to arrive when the same time whatever someone sent me from usa arrives in 2 weeks tops...
    thats why a friend from new york order that for me..12$ to arrive from seattle to ny and like 5 days to arrive from seattle + 25$ ny-greece and 10 days..
    so same price for shippinjg and ill get it in 15 days here and ill pay that cost at january when she will ship it to me and not now..works for me
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

ok since none of the Americans on here are willing to answer my question...I found out from Facebook. Total to New York is $62. How the hell does it cost DOUBLE to ship to Canada?? Answer - it doesn't!

if the package weighs in at 4 lbs., shipping would be $28 or so.
    if it weighs over, it jumps to $40 plus to Canada
    go to USPS.com and see for yourself
    Cool. $28 bucks eh? Nice!

But you see, it say's on usps.com that the "Expected Delivery Date" would be 6-10 business days to many major markets. Not 6-10 weeks. Also it includes a tracking number & insurance. Which, we won't receive from the 10club on these items. :(
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713
    I don't believe there is an attempt to overcharge here, nor do these guys wish to see us wait. They clearly struck a deal with this company, and for whatever reason are quite content to let it continue. Who knows if behind the scenes things are being done to make it quicker....

Being the nerd I am that will pop this show on a shelf and let it collect dust, its really ok, I can wait. LOL
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:

I don't believe there is an attempt to overcharge here, nor do these guys wish to see us wait. They clearly struck a deal with this company, and for whatever reason are quite content to let it continue. Who knows if behind the scenes things are being done to make it quicker....

Being the nerd I am that will pop this show on a shelf and let it collect dust, its really ok, I can wait. LOL

If behind the scenes these Vault 4 vinyls will include tracking numbers, arrive in 5-10 business day's to Canada @ that shipping price, I'll be a happy camper & many others will be to.

All good they have a deal with UPS. Business is business. But there are so many different shipping options a shipping company, like UPS any many other companies, offer to their clients. Can't just be one shipping method / price with a "take it or leave it" deal.

You're not buying 2? I did. One for playing, the other for collecting.
  • Options
    shrinx29shrinx29 Posts: 10
    I will just wait for the surprise...
    "EGB"
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560

Except once USPS packages hit the border it's no longer in their hands, it gets transferred to the shipping address by another shipper.

I ordered Live - Throwing Copper pinkpop edition from The Netherlands and it took well over a month to show up, and shipping to the US was around $50. It goes both ways...

I didn't order, just because of this. Happy I didn't!!
  • Options
    Philip_IrelandPhilip_Ireland Posts: 528
    edited August 2014
    pdalowsky said:

Shipping is shipping-that is, once the item gets to me in one piece, I don't care. The shipping company will not take the hit if the item is damaged, in this case Ten Club will. So, I would prefer to pay reasonable rates, the rates we paid until recently rather then these exorbitant fees they are now charging. $37!!!!!
    Post edited by Philip_Ireland on