*** Leeds Fanviews Here 7/8/14 ***

Comments

• WASTIDWASTID Posts: 150
    What do you say after a performance like that?

I expected my first visit to see Pearl Jam outside of the UK at San Siro would be my Pearl Jam high never to be beaten, but I think they've managed it. Been very priviliged now to have been at some awesome shows by the band including the likes of the Astoria, Wembley Arena fan club floor only etc, but this setlist was unreal.

Pales into insignificance compared to some fans, but last night was my 8th Pearl Jam gig (excl. Ed Solo) and going through the setlist earlier and crunching the numbers I got:
    12 songs never heard before (only 1 of which was from the new album)
    11 songs heard only once previously.
    About 2/3 of the show therefore that was not commonplace. Wow is all you can say.

So many songs on my Wishlist (including that one!) that its been hard to know what I would like to hear from them but they pulled all sorts out of the hat that were just amazing.

Roll on Milton Keynes now - probably for a standard setlist that will rank very low down the list, but I still can't wait to do it for the final time on this Euro Tour.

Just a USA gig to tick off from the Bucket List - wish that could be this year but not possible with a new Baba (O'Reilly) on the way.

Wembley Arena, London, England 05-30-2000
    Astoria, London, England 04-20-2006
    Wembley Arena, London, England 06-18-2007
    MEN Arena, Manchester, England 08-17-2009
    Hyde Park, London, England 06-25-2010
    MEN Arena, Manchester, UK 06-20-2012
    Apollo, Manchester, UK 07-28-2012 (Ed Solo)
    San Siro, Milano, Italia 06-20-2014
    FD Arena, Leeds 07-08-2014
    National Bowl, Milton Keynes 07-11-2014
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,460

It sure is nice to see a few Riot Act tunes....and Army Reserve? Ghost?....holy shiznits

Stone's groove on Army Reserve is great. Doesn't get played enough.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,651

What can I say? Quite a lot actually. The one & only show I could afford this tour, & lucky I am it was this one.

I knew it was going to be special - last of the Evenings With... and in the place of The Who's legendary Live at Leeds album. I was expecting a Who cover - but 3?! (or two & a kinda Who cover...). Just wow... Not to mention, TEN new songs for me, and two others that I haven't heard in a decade and a half and more...

The queue without numbers seemed to work just fine. Nobody took the piss in taking off for long periods. One of my fellow Irishmen bought a guitar & regaled us for about as long as the band would later. Arrived about 8:30am - about 18 hours after the first guys in the queue yet still was just behind them - 2nd row right in front of Ed. And what an intimate club-feeling venue for a 14,000 capacity arena! Loved it!

Was hoping for Pendulum, so I was blissed out from the word go - and Of the Girl afterwards (1st time for me) was so beautiful. Loads of songs from the neglected albums - No Code, Binaural & Riot Act - which was wonderful. Bizarre that the only album to get overlooked was BS! A quick word about my disappointment (very slight, given how incredible the whole thing was): only four LB songs for my only LB show... I know they're rare & they're great but I've now had Push Me Pull Me and Setting Forth 3 times in about 4 or 5 shows, so it was disappointing to see Swallowed Whole scratched for SF. Still...

Small Town is great early on to get the crowd singing & the crowd were in spectacular form all night. Breakerfall was great to hear for the first time since 2000, but for the next few songs, I lost concentration because it was so tight and tough. Mind your Manners & Lightning Bolt are both so, so terrific live - I think LB will be a classic for years. By this point, it was obvious the band were on fire and Ed in particular was like a wild man.

Tremor & Wishlist eased the pressure a bit. A lovely tip of the hat to my PJ-neglected hometown, when Ed introduced his new tech - Simon from Ireland & Mike confessed to getting naked in Dublin (I don't remember that!). Who You Are was a dream - last time I heard it was in Dublin 18 years ago. My heart broke for Dimi at Ghost...

Even Flow and Sirens (& Black later) were all about the crowd singing. The Let Stone/Jeff Sing run was hysterical - first Disney, now Abba?! Both Jeff & Stone were in great form.

The Army Reserve speech was powerful, & the addition of PT was inspired. Ed talked related himself as a kid to Chris McCandless in wanting to see the world but said he'd lived a lot of his youth in Leeds through the Live at Leeds album.

As for RVM - UNBELIEVABLE version: Jeff & Ed crouched eyeball to eyeball for the whole jam, Ed & Stone leaning on each other for the biggest RVM finale I've ever heard.

MoTH was a tough one for me - I lost my uncle to cancer just after that song came out & it helped me through that. Also a family friend is struggling with cancer now just months after getting married. So Ed's introduction had me welling up before he even started the song.

All or None - wow. Another first for me, and Ed in genuine awe of Mike, genuflecting at him at the end. Fatal was a truly beautiful surprise, and after my Who prediction came true, an utterly transcendent, trippy Porch jam. I started filming, expecting to see Ed swing the lights over my head but he went one better - stood up on the rail right in front of me, holding the hand of the person next to me and sang the last chorus (video to come :-) )

I was worried about the short 1st encore - already nearly curfew & when Leaving Here (more Who - woo!) followed Smile, I was expecting Alive & YL to follow. So everything else was bonus after bonus after old-skool bonus. Jeremy was terrific. Ed missed intoducing Jeff again - and Jeff looked pretty pissed off for the first half of Baba, but Ed's antics had him laughing by the end. Baba was wild, tambourines flying, Ed taking trophies from the crowd all over the place - flags, banners, clothes, a basketball! I lost count of how many wine bottles he handed out. And then he fell over his monitor, knocked it over, nearly fell off stage & looked pretty shaken. But taped to the back of the monitor when it toppled - Watchtower lyric sheet! :-) Really sweet moment when he asked Mike if he could play out the last chord of Baba himself - totally in Who-fan zone. Mike gave him his guitar and he pinwheeled like Pete on speed!

And it just kept going! It can always be a bit hard to tell who he's really looking at but it certainly seemed like Ed locked eyes with me for the last verse of Watchtower, both bellowing the lyrics at each other. An amazing finish. A shame he missed the last verse of Indifference - Jeff & Matt looked bemused. But who cares, really, after a show like that, with my favourite band playing my one show this year as if they - one and all: yes, even Stone - looked like they were having the time of their fucking lives just as much as we were. I'm blown away - I will never forget that show. Never...

Pure stoke...

This is a really spot on review.

The MOTH performance was just stunning.

and that RVM ....damn, that was special. Ive said a few times this tour that RVM has never been better, and last nights building and building to the crescendo was extraordinary. Unreal
  • LBC said:

I still haven't come down after just 5 hours sleep. More thoughts later.

But epic will do for now. Simply epic.

Sublime
    COYS!
  • Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Яussia Posts: 354
    what a great set list, holy shit
  • Fantastic gig. Felt like a focused set list for the long-term fans. Great atmosphere in the crowd, not too rowdy, in fact very still at times.

The interaction with the crowd was great to see too, I think the venue helped. I'd like to see more shows there.

I was next to the guy who's phone got took up and saw some of the pics on it when it came back. What a great thing to take home from a gig. He was obviously blown away.
    Dublin '06, Reading '06, Wembley '07, London '09, London '10, Manchester 1 & 2 '12, Leeds '14, Milton Keynes '14, MSG NY ‘16
  • boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    4th show of the tour and 12th show overall. I don't even know where to begin.....Now, just getting home and 15 hours after the gig ended I still can't believe what I witnessed last night. Knew, just knew, this show would be the one of the tour with the venue being what it is - perfectly sit up for concerts. As Ed said it's got the small club feel in GA, arena feel in the 1st tier and stadium feel (but so close to the stage) in the upper tier. All in one place!

From beginning to end this was immense. Epic. Sublime. Legendary. The band themselves were clearly overawed by what they witnessed as was the crowd. This show will take some beating for me. Milton Keynes on Friday for the last show of the tour, it'll be a great party atmosphere.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • TheRobboTheRobbo Northumberland, UK Posts: 20
    Only thing I can say after last night is... When's the bootleg available so I can do it all again?
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Don't come on here often these days, but thought I'd pop in to say what an amazing night. Started off fantastically and continued on. Felt fortunate to be there.
  • CloudDog23CloudDog23 Posts: 145

It sure is nice to see a few Riot Act tunes....and Army Reserve? Ghost?....holy shiznits

Stone's groove on Army Reserve is great. Doesn't get played enough.
    I remember seeing that played pre-album release in 2006 and thinking that it was going to be a live staple. Delighted to hear it again last night.

2000/05/29 Wembley Arena, London, UK
    2006/04/20 The Astoria, London, UK
    2006/08/29 Gelredome, Arnhem, Netherlands
    2007/06/18 Wembley Arena, London, UK
    2009/08/18 O2 Arena, London, UK
    2010/06/25 Hyde Park, London, UK
    2012/06/20 MEN Arena, Manchester, UK
    2012/07/30 Hammersmith Odeon, UK (Eddie Vedder solo show)
    2013/02/10 O2 Academy Islington, UK (Brad)
    2013/09/19 O2 Academy Brixton, UK (Soundgarden)
    2014/07/08 first direct Arena, Leeds, UK
    2014/07/11 MK Bowl, Milton Keynes, UK
    2017/06/06 Hammersmith Odeon, UK (Eddie Vedder solo show)
    2018/07/17 O2 Arena, London, UK
    2022/07/08 Hyde Park, London, UK
    2022/07/09 Hyde Park, London, UK
  • Johnny AggroJohnny Aggro Posts: 542
    Simply out of this world. A lovely chat with George Webb at the rail at the start of the night before the show and he gave me a stack of picks too!. the whole crew and band were on form. Tremor Christ and Push Me Pull me??? Still cant believe it. Stone's side for the first time, one from the rail. he was in the grooving zone, especially during Dont Give me no Lip!
    RDS Dublin - Aug 26 1995 (Neil Young with Pearl Jam)
    Millstreet Arena - Oct 24, 1996
    The Point - Oct 26, 1996
    The Point - Jun 01, 2000
    The Point - Aug 23, 2006
    Wembley Arena - Jun 18, 2007
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009
    The O2 - Jun 22, 2010
    Odyssey Arena - Jun 23, 2010
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Jun 20 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome - Jun 26 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome - Jun 16 2014
  • marilormarilor St Etienne, France Posts: 618
    I think i will use my bootleg code for this one...What a setlist !!!
    "We were but stones, ...Your light made us stars"
  • pjcordpjcord Posts: 75

I also remember that, having jumped, head-banged and sang for 3 hours, I was simply clapping my hands together at the end of Alive thinking 'this is the greatest band on the planet'.

I wasn't there last night, but I've had this exact same feeling, at the exact same moment to which you refer. Multiple times, in fact. Congrats to everyone who got to experience last night.
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,345

We had seats in block 217, Row F first two of the aisle. This was great because we were right next to some stairs so easy access for drinks and the toilets :)

Queue for merchandise and drinks was ridiculous, as expected. As it got to 8pm and then 8.10pm and I still hadn't managed to get a drink I started to worry I'd miss the start of the show. Not to worry, I got my gin and tonic and then we were in there! A few mins later, the lights went out and out came the mighty Pearl Jam! I've gone on and on to my girlfriend about the songs I was DESPERATE to hear. There were 5 songs I've been wanting....

Of The Girl
    Breakerfall
    Baba (heard it before, but not since 2007)
    Mother
    In My Tree

They opened with Pendulum and I got chills. Then, I went from joy to rage when a guy behind me tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around to see a guy in his late 30s/early 40s with his wife, both with totally bemused looks on their faces. They told me to SIT DOWN!!! They couldn't see. I couldn't believe it, I wanted to tell them to stand the fuck up and then they'd see. But I'm too polite for my own good. Anyways, I was a bit mad but it soon passed when they finished Pendulum and started OF THE FUCKING GIRL!!!! I lost it at that point, and my girlfriend was laughing because I was going out of my mind. It was a beautiful version, and from there were were off to the races.

Small Town was a HUGE singalong, and the "HELLOOOOOOOO!" part was spine-tingling. Breakerfall came next and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. That's two of my five!

So many highlights....even though everyone in my block was sitting on their hands and doing fuck all, the crowd was so loud with singing. Floor looked fun but a little tame at times. But, the energy just kept building and building and building. Ed was clearly impressed with the venue and crowd from the get go, he was so chatty all night.

I'd love to know who owned the phone that Ed took and kept for most of the show. That lucky bastard now has an Ed/Jeff selfie and a video that Ed filmed during the Porch jam.

I was really, really looking forward to hearing Lightning Bolt because on the bootlegs it sounds like an utter monster of a song. It did not disappoint. The whole crowd clapping in unison to the drum beat intro. Ed really attacks this vocally, he puts his all into it. So much passion and energy! This needs to stay in the setlists for years to come.

Tremor Christ! A fairly rare song and I've now seen it live twice! (Thanks Belfast 2010 :) )
    Who You Are! Another rare gem, and it was beautiful.
    GHOST!!! This was only the 3rd time they played this one since the Riot Act tour in 2003. Ultra-rare, and my heart went out to Dimi because we all know how much he wanted it! Ed says after that he fucked it up, but it wasn't that much of an error. He started singing the last verse a bit early, but he stopped himself and then came in on time. Nicely fixed. Great version, considering how rare it is.

Sirens - this one has become a crowd favourite very quickly. I LOVE the outro, everyone was singing the melody and then after Ed finished strumming we all carried on! He was visibly overwhelmed by the love and response he was getting.

Army Reserve - one of my favourites from the self-titled album and criminally underplayed. Sounded awesome, and Ed once again really attacked this one.

One quick note - RVM absolutely DESTROYED the place. I mean, literally blew our faces off. The climax and final jam was mindblowing. Utterly mental. Never heard a crowd roar as loud as at the end of this song. Unbelievable end to the main set.

1st encore was short but sweet. Ed's little speech about cancer before Man of the Hour really hit him (lost my mum to cancer 8 years ago), so I was a little misty-eyed as Ed sang. Reminded me of Milan 2006 where I first heard it a month after my mum died. Beautiful version last night.

All Or None! I'm all for more Riot Act songs, and Mike's solos were unbelievable. Even Ed was sat there, mesmerised by his playing.

Another first for me when they played Fatal! Once again, Eddie was singing this as if it was a concert regular. Beautiful stuff. Porch ended the first encore and everyone was floored. Ed literally stopped playing the guitar riff at the start of Porch and just let us sing the intro. There were so many times during the show that he looked amazed at the response. The connection between the band and the crowd was very strong last night.

At this point, the band come out for the 2nd encore and everyone assumes that they'll start wrapping things up. But they kept playing, and playing, and playing. NINE SONGS! The band knew exactly what they were doing, because the energy level at this point was bonkers. I mean, it was really nuts.

Black was the usual intense singalong, and at the end, Mike was on his knees on the amp playing the emotional solo as if his life depended on it, and Ed was sat on the other side of the stage on an amp just watching him and then watching the crowd. While the crowd was clapping along, he just put his hands up and said something about how everyone has such beautiful faces, and he used to be one of the loneliest people in the world but now he's looking out at all these beautiful people. MAJOR LOVEFEST between Ed and the crowd.

Jeremy may have been played a thousand times, but it absolutely murdered the crowd last night.
    At the end, Ed was shouting at everyone to jump jump jump and the building must've been bouncing. Everyone singing those last "ooohh aaaaaahhhh" bits and jumping up and down. Not just the floor, but all 3 tiers too. I should've filmed it because from where I was stood it was truly a sight to see. Never seen anything like it.

SOLAT kept the party going, and Alive once again destroyed the place. Everyone pumping their first, Ed dancing around the stage, Mike playing like a madman. Totally unity between everyone in the room.

At this point, the show had to be over. They were past curfew, the lights were still up and they'd given us everything we could ever ask for. Mike got his Yellow Ledbetter guitar out and looked ready to start playing, but Ed called everyone together and they had a little impromptu meeting on the stage. Mike changes his guitar to a maroon-coloured Gibson SG and then here comes Baba O'Riley. The whole crowd were collectively losing their minds and I was going bonkers because this song number 3 out of 5 I was hoping for. I fucking adore Baba, and it blew the roof off. At that point, they could have decided never to play together again and that would've been fine. There was nothing left for them to give!

Out comes Ray Cameron, and they play Watchtower which was another first for me. And then finally, Indifference sends everyone home feeling nothing but joy. Sure, Ed missed out the whole final verse but who cares! He was nackered, he was emotional, and the crowd was clapping along to Matt's drum beat to end the show.

I still don't know where this is going to rank out of the 16 shows I've seen, but it's definitely top 3 for sure. I've never seen the band so happy and never seen Ed so in love with a crowd before. He was totally in Who-fan mode all night, which was fine with me.

Another thing that was hilarious was first the crowd and then Ed trying to get Jeff to sing something. It came up a few times, and Ed kept singing bits of Abba's "Fernando" (which the crowd totally took

2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • The Rock said:

even though everyone in my block was sitting on their hands and doing fuck all

I looked back up a few times and saw lots sat down and thought it was weird. I've sat a couple of times before and stood throughout the gig, along with everyone around me.
    The Rock said:

RVM absolutely DESTROYED the place. I mean, literally blew our faces off.

Ouch.
  • milanmilan Posts: 447
    Pearl Jam - Live at Leeds

The Gold Standard
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
  • SEACIDESEACIDE Posts: 410
    Reading through the set list and Ed's comments gave me the chills. Leeds got a gem of a show for sure. Real people that actually care about others and try not to take themselves too seriously...who woulda thunk? And the new music holds its own to say the least. Just fucking love this band! Can't wait for Memphis!
    Love is all you need.....
  • CandlemothCandlemoth Posts: 10
    Loved the gig, some great songs. Would really have liked it if the people who were in front of me had got standing tickets instead of seated as I was only able to see what was going on if I stood up as well. Not very easy when my sciatica was on full pain mode.
    Lives in Scotland *23 June 2010 - Belfast* *21 June 2012 - Manchester* *8 July 2014 - Leeds* *Somepoint in 2016 Glasgow or Edinburgh??*
  • Last night proved that Pearl Jam are not human.

Unbelievably great set
  • Still trying to formulate what happened last night. Finally got back home, voice completely knackered, to view the setlist that just beggers belief, I hadnt heard over half these songs live before. Jaw dropping version of RVM. Matt Cameron just beat seven shades of manure out of his kit. AWESOME!. Thanks PJ. Big shout out to two guys from Perth Scotland. .

As Ed sang during wishlist ' I wish i was as fortunate as fortunate as LEEDS'. ^:)^
    shows: Shepherds Bush 110809
    Hyde Park 250610
    Bridge School Benefit 23/241010
    Manchester MEN 210612
    Amsterdam Ziggodome 270612
    Berlin '02' 040712
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,345
    Excluding the new songs from LB, for the first time I heard:

Of The Girl
    Breakerfall
    Who You Are
    Ghost
    Don't Gimme No Lip
    Setting Forth
    All Or None
    Fatal
    All Along The Watchtower!

Nine new songs from one show! Not too shabby! Throw in the 4 new LB songs and it's a dream!
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Last night proved that Pearl Jam are not human.

Unbelievably great set

Agreed :D
    T Chappell
  • OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    It was a fantastic night. A real treat to get a setlist with a lot of the rarer Pearl Jam songs.

Pendulum as the opener worked well and Of The Girl was sweet - the first song I heard live by them way back in 2000. Breakerfall was good to hear again too.

The new songs sounded great and there was plenty of the 'big' numbers too.

A fantastic night and possibly up there in my top three PJ gigs.

36 songs and 3.5 hours. Wow.

Milton Keynes has a lot to follow.
  • Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 827
    Still thinking over this show... Still quite shocked at the greatness of it...
    It was my 23rd show and I got 5 new songs... Just stunning.... Like I say, I'm kind of sitting around just trying to work it out... What a band. They get better and better... Thanks so much PJ - I've had a tough couple of Years with my Uncle and both parents passing but I can honestly say you brought pure joy back to me with that show last night. Berlin started that for me but Leeds took me beyond myself again last night...
    That may not make sense so I apologise if I'm getting too deep!!
  • NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    Thank you everyone for leaving very detailed comments about so many of the song's it makes us (those that couldn't attend) feel as if we were a part of your special night. It sounded freaking amazing wish I was there, I will definitely be getting this bootleg, as well as many other European ones, so many awesome concerts. People please keep sharing your stories, they are fantastic to read <:-P
  • SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,922

Leeds. Rain and cheap beer. Queuing for wristbands while wife grabs merch. Owl t-shirt and sticker up there with the Berlin bear. Bump into Peasant Tents and Stef, great queuing companions. Sunshine and cheap beer. NFL chat, fuck the World Cup. Pillows in the alleyway. Dump umbrella. GOING IN! Mike side three rows from the rail. This is going to be Prague '12 good. Brazilian girls sneak in, check out Solamore on Flickr. HERE THEY COME! Mike with the violin string. We all scream 'Hello'. Place sounds incredible. Club vibe on the floor. Hail hailing the lucky ones in front, yeah. Getting rowdy, Mind Your Manners perfect timing. Ed's got jokes. Spirits are high. Guitar plectrums rain down, Peasant Tents is in like a hawk. Stone is grooving. Ed nicks a phone from the crowd. Selfies. Messing up songs and trying to delay the bootleg! Nudity encouragement. Mike cross dresser. Basketballs. Middle name laughs. Stone Carpenter Gossard? Eddie Jerome Vedder, What Time Is It? Setlist is building to something special. Microphone thrown into crowd instead of mobilephone. Let Stone Sing! Oh shit, Stone sings! Stone steals the show. Fuck it, Let Jeff Sing. No chance. Oh Fernando, we'll sing anything. Non-festival joy. RVM build-up, Jeff's heavy bass. 'HEEEEEEEEE' is an Eddie Vedder lyric! Mike leaping. Euphoria. Encore breather. Emotional Man Of The Hour. Faces melt during All Or None. Jaws drop during Fatal. The Who possession. Pearl Jam Live At Leeds. The party is back on. Mike smashes a hole in his green globe like a total boss. Ed pays us a visit. Globe-cam swinging on the big screens. Birthday celebrations. Ed tries to get a pregnant photographer drunk on champaign. Ed mimes banter infront of an empty mic stand. Ed's got jokes! Keep going. Guitar switch for Smile. Smile sums up the whole show. Jeff kills the solo. Leaving Here, but not yet. Bass solo. Drum solo. Keep going! Beautiful faces speech during Black. Jeff ends it with a clunk but nails Jeremy. Bass harmonics. Mike taking Polaroids. Ed collecting flags. Busting down the pretext. Alive, oh no, keep going!! Tambourine bait storms the front. Bad parenting. Mike handles it with class. Mike plays a Who riff, Ed sings Fernando. Ed falls, carries it off like a veteran. IT'S ON-LY TEEN-AGE WASTELAND. Raw. Phone thrown back into the throng. Matt's kid is going to break hearts. Indifference gently pulls the crowd back to earth. All good things must come to an end. Great things will stay with you forever.

Ed Selfie
    Nature drunk and High
  • LKPJ1991LKPJ1991 Kent, England Posts: 12
    Absolutely amazing show, awesome venue, stunning set list, passionate happy fans.. Incredible vibe all over.. Have seen PJ 9 times now including Astoria.. But wow Leeds simply blew all the other shows away.. We were so lucky...
    i'll ride the wave where it takes me..
  • Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 827
    Spags said:

Leeds. Rain and cheap beer. Queuing for wristbands while wife grabs merch. Owl t-shirt and sticker up there with the Berlin bear. Bump into Peasant Tents and Stef, great queuing companions. Sunshine and cheap beer. NFL chat, fuck the World Cup. Pillows in the alleyway. Dump umbrella. GOING IN! Mike side three rows from the rail. This is going to be Prague '12 good. Brazilian girls sneak in, check out Solamore on Flickr. HERE THEY COME! Mike with the violin string. We all scream 'Hello'. Place sounds incredible. Club vibe on the floor. Hail hailing the lucky ones in front, yeah. Getting rowdy, Mind Your Manners perfect timing. Ed's got jokes. Spirits are high. Guitar plectrums rain down, Peasant Tents is in like a hawk. Stone is grooving. Ed nicks a phone from the crowd. Selfies. Messing up songs and trying to delay the bootleg! Nudity encouragement. Mike cross dresser. Basketballs. Middle name laughs. Stone Carpenter Gossard? Eddie Jerome Vedder, What Time Is It? Setlist is building to something special. Microphone thrown into crowd instead of mobilephone. Let Stone Sing! Oh shit, Stone sings! Stone steals the show. Fuck it, Let Jeff Sing. No chance. Oh Fernando, we'll sing anything. Non-festival joy. RVM build-up, Jeff's heavy bass. 'HEEEEEEEEE' is an Eddie Vedder lyric! Mike leaping. Euphoria. Encore breather. Emotional Man Of The Hour. Faces melt during All Or None. Jaws drop during Fatal. The Who possession. Pearl Jam Live At Leeds. The party is back on. Mike smashes a hole in his green globe like a total boss. Ed pays us a visit. Globe-cam swinging on the big screens. Birthday celebrations. Ed tries to get a pregnant photographer drunk on champaign. Ed mimes banter infront of an empty mic stand. Ed's got jokes! Keep going. Guitar switch for Smile. Smile sums up the whole show. Jeff kills the solo. Leaving Here, but not yet. Bass solo. Drum solo. Keep going! Beautiful faces speech during Black. Jeff ends it with a clunk but nails Jeremy. Bass harmonics. Mike taking Polaroids. Ed collecting flags. Busting down the pretext. Alive, oh no, keep going!! Tambourine bait storms the front. Bad parenting. Mike handles it with class. Mike plays a Who riff, Ed sings Fernando. Ed falls, carries it off like a veteran. IT'S ON-LY TEEN-AGE WASTELAND. Raw. Phone thrown back into the throng. Matt's kid is going to break hearts. Indifference gently pulls the crowd back to earth. All good things must come to an end. Great things will stay with you forever.

Ed Selfie

Spags - that sums it all up perfectly ! So well written and great recollections ! Until next time :-)
  • SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,922
    I'll expect to see you both in the queue! Enjoy your pic...not jealous at all...have fun at MK!
    Nature drunk and High
  • boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    I think "I was at Leeds 2014" t-shirts are in order...
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/