Options

GA or Reserved Seat?

Comments

• Options
    Bruins24Bruins24 Posts: 103
    Was it strange being on the side of the stage rather than in front?
    '95 - San Diego '98 - Phoenix, San Diego, Las Vegas, Inglewood 1-2 '00 - San Bernardino '03 - Denver, Council Bluffs '06 - Denver 1-2, Los Angeles 1-2 '09 - Universal City, San Diego '11 - PJ20
  • Options
    WhoDeyWhoDey Posts: 115
    Us bank in Cincy will seat almost 18k with the whole floor looking to be GA. Reserved might be best.
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396

I choose GA even with my low # id rather just do GA ...

Someone has had a change of heart ;) .

It's a much better "party" in GA & an easier place to party \:D/
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    WhoDey said:

I take it you had GA tickets? I am in the same boat, wondering which to get. Any comments/suggestions appreciated. FWIW, I have a pretty low Fan number, 147xxx. That would give me pretty good reserve seats.

I was on Stone's side about 8 rows back in Pittsburgh. Could've tossed him a baseball rather gingerly - like a pitcher throwing to first on a one-hopper - if that's any indication of distance.

I had Reserved, actually. And I just looked at my ticket, I was actually 11 rows back. You can see me in one of the pics on the photos page:
  • Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    I had reserved for Pitt last year, and was on the floor, about 5 rows behind GA, slightly left of middle. It was the closest I have been, and awesome views and sound. My wife is short, so she couldn't see much.

If she is planning on coming , I'm doing reserved again. But if there is any doubt she can come (nursing clinicals could be on Thursday nights) I'm trying GA and making sure I get on the rail
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    Colorado FanColorado Fan Posts: 442
    mca47 said:

I wasn't big on GA prior to the Phoenix show last year. Was f'n amazing! I didn't wait in any dumb line. Just walked in right before they took the stage. Granted I was in the back of GA, but I had a ton of space and was still closer than I had ever been!
    GA is def the way to go!

Agree 100%...and I got to see Randy Johnson snapping pics right over my shoulder in Phoenix! GA Denver, here I come!
  • Options
    bethwalker1987bethwalker1987 Washington Posts: 122
    Question, this is my first time here doing this lottery/drawing thing, is it really possible Im going? I chose Denver. If this is something that is an actually possibility in my lifetime, Im about to get real GIDDY, and Im actually going to be able to treat my son to his FIRST Pearl Jam show, WOW. Am I in shock? I think I might be.....is this real or am I dreaming?
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    jonsey30 said:

I had reserved for Pitt last year, and was on the floor, about 5 rows behind GA, slightly left of middle. It was the closest I have been, and awesome views and sound. My wife is short, so she couldn't see much.

If she is planning on coming , I'm doing reserved again. But if there is any doubt she can come (nursing clinicals could be on Thursday nights) I'm trying GA and making sure I get on the rail

Hey Jonsey - we were three rows behind pit, aisle on right side, right under the scoreboard! Too bad we don't know what the other looks like!
    :-h
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    jmuscatellojmuscatello Colorado Posts: 332
    So I've been poking around looking at the venue maps for PJ on Stubhub. Does anyone know if these are accurate? Because they show a configuration of GA/floor seats that looks different to me. Like for Denver, it shows two smaller pits on either side of a runway kind of thing extending from the stage, reserved floor seats start immediately in front of that runway. Just curious - might affect my decision to try for GA vs Reserved.
  • Options
    Just talked to the wife, and she definitely does not want to go to the Pit, but does want to go to the show. So I just updated my selection from GA to Reserved for Detroit. Let's see if the percentages move at all... GA current at 31%
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    edited May 2014
    jonsey30 said:

Just talked to the wife, and she definitely does not want to go to the Pit, but does want to go to the show. So I just updated my selection from GA to Reserved for Detroit. Let's see if the percentages move at all... GA current at 31%

i just dumped my ga a minute ago too, to see what would happen :))
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options

jonsey30 said:

Still 31%; apparently one person cannot make a difference. I've been lied to my whole life
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    jonsey30 said:

jonsey30 said:

Still 31%; apparently one person cannot make a difference. I've been lied to my whole life
    :P
  • Options

ha, I like it - very good
    we have way too much time on our hands, don't we?
    so do you guys know if the Stubhub PJ venue maps I see tonight are accurate at all, or generic?
  • Options
    it's probably just generic. This seating chart for Joe Louis Arena should be accurate, as this is how the GA and reserved floor sections were set up last fall. But i don't know where to see a Pepsi Center seating chart

http://www.ticketmaster.com/seatingchart/65554/55186
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    went to 3 shows last year. Had GA in Portland & Spokane & good seats in Seattle. I prefer GA.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    groovemegrooveme Posts: 353
    Based on the last tour, the reserved seats for higher 10c numbers were back of floor, so I'd say go for GA for sure if you have a high number. Unless you are exceedingly tall
  • Options
    jonsey30 said:

it's probably just generic. This seating chart for Joe Louis Arena should be accurate, as this is how the GA and reserved floor sections were set up last fall. But i don't know where to see a Pepsi Center seating chart

http://www.ticketmaster.com/seatingchart/65554/55186

Gotcha, thank you. I looked at altitudetickets website (doing Pepsi Center), and that GA/Reserved arrangement must be the more accurate one. Thanks.

• Options
    PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    Going for GA first, then reserved. I'm short but have never experienced it before. And because of my high 10C number, my reserved seats in Charlotte were behind GA, in the middle and on the right. I couldn't see much. Had an awesome time though!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • Options
    BladeBlade Posts: 13
    Got denied GA last year at Wrigley Field ended up with reserved lower bowl in middle on 3rd base line with a 490xxx number. Level view but a bit far for me.

'95 Chicago-Soldier Field, a dozen in between, '13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
  • Options
    daydaydayday Michigan, USA Posts: 93
    252XXX number here. trying for joe louis arena. don't see any reason to prioritize reserved over g.a. when the best reserved seats are on the flat floor behind g.a. if reserved seats were side stage i may entertain prioritizing reserved first.
    "i'll ride the wave~where it takes me"

Detroit, Michigan 08-01-1992
    Charleston, South Carolina 10-05-1996
    East Lansing, Michigan 08-18-1998
    Auburn Hills, Michigan 08-23-1998
    Greenville, South Carolina 09-04-1998
    Auburn Hills, Michigan 10-07-2000
    Clarkston, Michigan 06-25-2003
    Clarkston, Michigan 06-26-2003
    Grand Rapids, Michigan 10-03-2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan 05-19-2006
    Chicago, Illinois 08-05-2007
    Detroit, Michigan 10-16-2014
    Chicago, Illinois 09-07-2023
  • Options
    mikelittlmikelittl Posts: 7
    I really do not want to get shut out for tickets for my hometown show at Joe Louis Arena. Would prefer GA, but given the odds am I better off listing reserved as my first choice and GA second?
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    mikelittl said:

I really do not want to get shut out for tickets for my hometown show at Joe Louis Arena. Would prefer GA, but given the odds am I better off listing reserved as my first choice and GA second?

Correct..if main focus is to not get shut out, reserved should be 1st choice.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    I made my decision to pick GA cuz I know where my member # will land me in reserved - da back...but I can't stop thinking about the TM virtual room NIGHTMARE. :-? Just can't decide yet.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    dayday said:

252XXX number here. trying for joe louis arena. don't see any reason to prioritize reserved over g.a. when the best reserved seats are on the flat floor behind g.a. if reserved seats were side stage i may entertain prioritizing reserved first.

i thought reserved seats were side stage too. ??

• Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    edited May 2014
    Fall 2013 side stage = low member #'s

Seemed a lot of reserved in Pitts behind GA on the floor was 400xxx and beyond.
    Post edited by FoxyRedLa on
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    oh, i see now. i missed reading his member number. thanks.
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    edited May 2014
    Bruins24 said:

For anyone who attended a show last year and had a reserved Ten Club seat... how good did it appear that the very best Ten Club seats were? Would pretty much anywhere in GA still be closer to the band than even the very best Ten Club seat?

I had reserved for Dallas and OKC. Ended up on the floor behind GA for Dallas row 10 seat J and had lower reserved for OKC like 115. Both seats were great. I actually liked the OKC seats a little better because they were elevated. Anywhere in GA is going to be as close to the band as you can get. How close you want to get is up to you, because people usually line up for the rail pretty early.
    With Reserved it also depends on your 10 club number and how many people are trying for the shows, flying in from other places, in arrangement of where your seats will be.

I've only done GA at ACL (looking forward to doing it again. I was in the fourth row , and it was fun, but the mud was insane!
    Post edited by red mos on
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    Joe118Joe118 Posts: 67
    mikelittl said:

This is my first lottery. Only going to one show. St Louis. My sixth time seeing the band but I have never been close. I don't have a great member #. If I pick GA as my first priority and reserved as my second, is there a chance I get shut out for both? The above post confused me. It seems like I would be almost gauranteed somethig if I chose both correct? What's the benefit of making reserved your #1 priority?

• Options
    i really miss the old days.