Options

GA or Reserved Seat?

Bruins24Bruins24 Posts: 103
For anyone who attended a show last year and had a reserved Ten Club seat... how good did it appear that the very best Ten Club seats were? Would pretty much anywhere in GA still be closer to the band than even the very best Ten Club seat?
'95 - San Diego '98 - Phoenix, San Diego, Las Vegas, Inglewood 1-2 '00 - San Bernardino '03 - Denver, Council Bluffs '06 - Denver 1-2, Los Angeles 1-2 '09 - Universal City, San Diego '11 - PJ20

Comments

• Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    Yes - GA were far better
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Depends on what you are used to. Really good reserved are better than mid pit back IMO.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    I'm used to being very close to the stage, so wondering if the best 10C seat will still be very close (albeit on the side)
    '95 - San Diego '98 - Phoenix, San Diego, Las Vegas, Inglewood 1-2 '00 - San Bernardino '03 - Denver, Council Bluffs '06 - Denver 1-2, Los Angeles 1-2 '09 - Universal City, San Diego '11 - PJ20
  • Options
    Bruins24 said:

I'm used to being very close to the stage, so wondering if the best 10C seat will still be very close (albeit on the side)

If u want to be similar to first few rows, I would do GA and get there reasonable early. Its a hassle lining up if u are used to having great Floor Reserved.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    I was on Stone's side about 8 rows back in Pittsburgh. Could've tossed him a baseball rather gingerly - like a pitcher throwing to first on a one-hopper - if that's any indication of distance.
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    10 club still gets the same seats they did in past tours (The whole floor and most of the lower bowel.) If you pick reserved, it's just luck of how many people are in front or you that determines your view.

I only had 10 club tickets for 1 show last tour. 426,xxx number got me Stone's side, on the red line (in hockey) about half the section up.
    Dad's 1 pair: 254,xxx center of the floor, 5 rows in front of the sound board.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    I wasn't big on GA prior to the Phoenix show last year. Was f'n amazing! I didn't wait in any dumb line. Just walked in right before they took the stage. Granted I was in the back of GA, but I had a ton of space and was still closer than I had ever been!
    GA is def the way to go!
  • Options
    cropdustdaircropdustdair Lakewood, CO / Earth Posts: 2,006
    I was wondering the same question. GA or reserved.
  • Options
    WhoDeyWhoDey Posts: 115
    edited May 2014
    I take it you had GA tickets? I am in the same boat, wondering which to get. Any comments/suggestions appreciated. FWIW, I have a pretty low Fan number, 147xxx. That would give me pretty good reserve seats.

I was on Stone's side about 8 rows back in Pittsburgh. Could've tossed him a baseball rather gingerly - like a pitcher throwing to first on a one-hopper - if that's any indication of distance.

Post edited by WhoDey on
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,641
    I had floor seats toward the front at Philly 2 -- sold to me by an awesome 10C member with a much higher # than mine....she partnered with another 10C member who had GA.....and I could see really well but my wife (who is short) couldnt see for much of the show, she was watching on the screens.

With my crappy 10C # I got Reserved tickets for Philly 1 and they were better than most PJ tickets I have purchased through TM/etc.

The very best 10C seats were pretty awesome but if you are up front in GA....how does it get closer/better than that?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    If I was over 200k member number I would go GA
  • Options
    RozbrRozbr Posts: 376
    In 2013 i got two Los Angeles GA e one San Diego behind the stage ! Both were awesome !
    behind the stage was a unique experience.
  • Options
    147xxx here, might just go with Reserve.
    Noload said:

If I was over 200k member number I would go GA

• Options
    My number is 20XXX, so it used to get me front row. So I'm wondering where the best reserved seat in the house is now. I expect on the side somewhere. I personally prefer GA and dancing with fellow Jammers, but for wife's sake (short) may need to get reserved seats.
  • Options
    bethwalker1987bethwalker1987 Washington Posts: 122
    im 514xxx if I get picked, will be first time, I dont care what it is, it will be great and I will take the kid for his first PJ show! YAY! Fingers Crossed
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    Bruins24 said:

My number is 20XXX, so it used to get me front row. So I'm wondering where the best reserved seat in the house is now. I expect on the side somewhere. I personally prefer GA and dancing with fellow Jammers, but for wife's sake (short) may need to get reserved seats.

Ya, you'll probably be right to the sides of ga, just off the floor.

I wouldn't worry with that number !
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,641
    Yeah I agree -- the person with the highest number I know on here was stage right and one of the first rows. Pretty amazing seats.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Bruins24 said:

Damn I miss those seniority days
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,309
    I choose GA even with my low # id rather just do GA ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Maybe if there will be a new GA line system
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    i'm worried about getting down to the pit at the joe. iz gonna be fun!
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    bethwalker1987bethwalker1987 Washington Posts: 122
    Ive never been close, period. I saw Neil Young and friends close before but that was all, it would be amazing if my son and I can be close, but I expect nothing......fingers crossed and praying. No matter it will be great if we get tickets.
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    The pit is only a small section at the front, so even the back of the pit will be great. The best reserved are still on the floor, just back behind the pit. I'd prefer reserved off the floor than reserved on the floor, but I'm short. I'm definitely going for GA first though.
  • Options
    jfconnorjrjfconnorjr Posts: 518
    Everyone should go for GA.... odds are better for me :)

Honestly, it is all dumb luck I was 1/4 last year for GA not sure it would have been better with Reserved but that is all I am going for this time.
  • Options
    mattcoz - Did you attend one of the shows last year and see that the GA standing area was pretty small? I believe someone else posted that their understanding is that the GA section is the whole front half of the floor (which would be a large area).
  • Options
    You can go for both GA and reserved for the same show, don't have to choose, just need a priority choice.
  • Options
    Thanks WhoDey... That's actually what we're discussing... whether to make first choice reserved or GA.
  • Options
    Okay, just wanted to be sure everyone knew.
  • Options
    Actually, I see that the announcement has the answer that the GA pit is not "just a small section at the front". The announcement says it is up to half of the floor (which is quite large). -- "There will be a GA pit in front of the stage at each venue taking up 1/3 -1/2 of the floor."
  • Options
    I have a reasonably low number, 138xxx, and I got great seats for Dallas and LA. Dallas I was 6th row, Stone's side (and right behind Carrie and St. Vincent before they jumped on stage), LA was even better, 3rd row right on the aisle.

The thing about GA is the amount of tickets will vary considering some of these places have smaller total capacity. Moline's seats 11k total, so that GA is going to be pretty small even if they take up half the floor.

My choices will more than likely be based on the size of the venue, hopefully meaning more GA seats. Everything else I'll take reserved.