Options

GA or Reserved Seat?

124»

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,565
    edited May 2014
    GA gets you way closer than any seat, plus it's more fun to be able to dance and go nuts with fellow fans in the pit. And no need to line up. Just get there when doors open and you'll still be super close to the stage. The idiots with the list in the line up don't have to affect anyone at all. No point in even thinking about them.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mdaryamdarya The middle Posts: 68
    OK, I'll ask.

Cinci is now 55% for GA and 37% for Res. Is it safe to say, that if I put GA as my first choice, there is no chance to get Res as a 2nd choice. I would be better off with Lincoln or Memphis (res) as a second choice? The demand as some of these other shows is so low it looks like a safer bet with second and third choices.

I live in Cinci, so I will get into the building somehow.

06 Cincinnati
    10 Columbus, Noblesville
    11 Toronto-1
    13 Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    14 Cincinnati
    16 Lexington, Wrigley 1
    17 EV-Louisville
    18 Rome, Missoula, Wrigley 1, Boston 1
    22 Nasville, STL
    23 Ft Worth 1/2
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    Bruins24 said:

mattcoz - Did you attend one of the shows last year and see that the GA standing area was pretty small? I believe someone else posted that their understanding is that the GA section is the whole front half of the floor (which would be a large area).

Looked pretty small on the seating charts I've seen. Here is St. Louis:

But Milwaukee seems to be much bigger, or maybe the arena is smaller:

• Options
    BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    Some shows GA is half the floor like Milwaukee, others it is only 1/3rd (St Louis/Detroit). Not really sure the reasoning there??. Maybe it does have to do with venue size- doubtful though because Milwaukee and Detroit seem to be roughly a similar capacity. Clearly there's a high level of demand for Detroit that would justify a larger GA section. But the smaller floor could just add to the appeal.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,538
    I am betting that these GA sections are the standard GA map for each venue. That's just my opinion, but I'm willing to bet some will be larger than indicated and some may be smaller than indicated.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    edited May 2014
    In the 2013 tour some arenas had bigger GA sections that others, as someone else already mentioned. Some were 1/2 the floor, but most were 1/3 (actually seemed more like 1/4 to me).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I re-booked GA, but even that is now down to a 50/50 shot. If I don't win the coin flip, US Bank Arena is enormous, do you think scalpers will still book all of the tickets (forcing me to stub hub?). Even so, I may end up going there if the only tickets are nose-bleeds. A shame.
  • Options
    LyndsayLyndsay NEW BRUNSWICK Posts: 73
    This is our first lottery and I'm sure many of you can relate to the anxiety were feeling!
    We chose to travel to Denver from Atlantic Canada to see PJ for our honeymoon so needless to say well be happy with any seats!
    Good luck to everyone and see you in October, Denver!
  • Options
    Blacksheep76Blacksheep76 Houston, TX Posts: 167
    I heard that there was a lot of tickets that weren't picked up at some of the concerts on last years tour, especially the 2nd leg. Did anyone else hear the same, and if so, does 10C sell any of those tickets the night of the show? Just curious, seems like a shame to let them go to waste
  • Options
    edited May 2014

I heard that there was a lot of tickets that weren't picked up at some of the concerts on last years tour, especially the 2nd leg. Did anyone else hear the same, and if so, does 10C sell any of those tickets the night of the show? Just curious, seems like a shame to let them go to waste

I know that if you contact them and let them know you won't be picking up your tickets they do get them to other fans, but I'm not sure what they do when no one notifies them. I'd think they'd be legally obligated to keep them available to the buyer right up until the box offices close, so they probably just go to waste. It's the buyer's choice to leave seats empty, since they're still their tickets to do what they want with them. That's why members should always call 10C if they can't make it to the show. I think they will then give them away to people they consider worthy for one reason or another (I don't think they resell them, but not positive).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    AggAgg Posts: 462
    I decided that I'm willing to do the 9 hour drive to Cincy, so I went for GA. Even the very back of GA is 100 times better than any seat my number would get me.
    2013: Wrigley Field, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2014: Cincinnati
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Induction
    2018: Krakow, Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Boston 1, Boston 2
  • Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,817
    I'm old . . . reserved please. GA is good for you whipper snappers but stay off my lawn
  • Options

I'm old . . . reserved please. GA is good for you whipper snappers but stay off my lawn

Lol! I can see that.... I will rock out in GA until I literally physically can't do it anymore, but even at 38 I found last tour that after 6 hours in the pit and on crazy rock out mode for 4 of those hours, I could hold my own while in there, but kind of felt like I'd been hit by a Mac truck as soon as I left the show and the adrenaline wore off, lol.
  • Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    I would totally try GA if my wife wasn't my concert buddy. She loves going, and I love that she loves it, so I'm cool with Reserved. But once I would like a chance to get up front and catch some picks, maybe a tambourine, wine bottle, setlist, etc.
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    MercuryMercury Posts: 382
    jonsey30 said:

I would totally try GA if my wife wasn't my concert buddy. She loves going, and I love that she loves it, so I'm cool with Reserved. But once I would like a chance to get up front and catch some picks, maybe a tambourine, wine bottle, setlist, etc.

This is my life too pal. I'll take my girl loving it over not going though.
  • Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    Mercury said:

jonsey30 said:

This is my life too pal. I'll take my girl loving it over not going though.
    Yeah, just not possible with her. She's 5'0", and a little claustrophobic, so she would not have a good time in GA. But I'd rather go with her than anyone else
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL