Options

CAKE RSD Box Set On Sale Now...

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I dont care, really. It should be a lesson to never jump on the ebay sales immediately after an event like RSD.

Something advertised as limited edition or ultra LE should be differentiated somehow, such as different packaging, coloring, etc. IMO.

Good for Cake though. Especially giving everyone the heads up to kick the legs out from ebay
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    MayDay10 said:

I dont care, really. It should be a lesson to never jump on the ebay sales immediately after an event like RSD.

Something advertised as limited edition or ultra LE should be differentiated somehow, such as different packaging, coloring, etc. IMO.

Good for Cake though. Especially giving everyone the heads up to kick the legs out from ebay

yes good for them on putting that out, just sucks for the people who rearranged money to buy this at cost. A lot of people like myself grabbed it up to avoid paying ebay prices and would have held off if they knew it was going to be available for pre order. Something that was advertised as RSD exclusive should stay that way imo.

• Options
    mcrieckenmcriecken Indiana Posts: 265
    It's pretty amazing that they can release a box set of all their albums + 1 live album on vinyl (colored, even!) in a nice looking box set for $100. They are even going to help out fans who missed out by doing a pre-order system... Meanwhile PJ reissues are nowhere to be found, and we are stuck paying $50 + shipping (which I'm completely happy to pay) for a vault release. I understand there's issues with the record label, but come on PJ, do it for the fans! We will happily pay $300 - $400 for a set of every studio album (not even counting lost dogs, RVM, benny, etc.) which should easily offset what you have to pay the label to reissue.
    St. Louis, USA 10-05-2004 | Chicago, USA 08-23-2009 | Indianapolis, USA 05-07-2010 | Hartford, USA 10-25-2013 | Lexington, USA 04-26-2016 | Chicago, USA 08-20-2016 | Chicago, USA 08-22-2016 | Chicago, USA 08-18-2018 | Chicago, USA 08-20-2018
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    =D> to them.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Hopefully cake only offers the presale to the 10c like yesterday's sale. I wonder if dmw's "discocery" yesterday played a part in this decision
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,432
    I don't really care that much that they are going to make more, I just wished they hadn't advertised it as limited if it wasn't going to be limited. I kind of scrambled yesterday to get it cause I thought there were only 900.

Maybe the new sets won't be coloured to at least make the original ones a bit different.

Got my email confirmation a few minutes ago too by the way...
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    MayDay10 said:

Hopefully cake only offers the presale to the 10c like yesterday's sale. I wonder if dmw's "discocery" yesterday played a part in this decision

Hahahahahaha!
  • Options
    nickmg8nickmg8 Posts: 7
    edited April 2014
    -
    Post edited by nickmg8 on
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    I have no problem with them making more, even if it's on colored vinyl. Great to see a band take a stand, but sucks for fans who were forced to overpay on eBay.

Direct money into cakes pocket too, Without giving record stores a cut. More power to them for starting production up again.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I always loved this one:
    http://youtu.be/DuVSvSbnaUg
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    edited April 2014
    So my order shipped yet no tracking info???????? The whole point of the outrageous shipping was so it would go out with tracking and insurance to ensure everyone that ordered gets it. Why do I feel like we were all taken for a ride on the shipping cost. It was still a great deal for the total sale and I would do it again without hesitation. It just feels like the people who list stuff on ebay for super cheap with a huge shipping amount.

Maybe they learned something or two from 10c.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,444
    I called my local record shop here in Toronto just to see if they had gotten any in yesterday and they told me that it was on hold till November. So maybe they will produce more. Maybe in black vinyl???
  • Options
    cdysinge said:

So my order shipped yet no tracking info???????? The whole point of the outrageous shipping was so it would go out with tracking and insurance to ensure everyone that ordered gets it. Why do I feel like we were all taken for a ride on the shipping cost. It was still a great deal for the total sale and I would do it again without hesitation. It just feels like the people who list stuff on ebay for super cheap with a huge shipping amount.

Maybe they learned something or two from 10c.

Had to email them for my tracking number
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Think about how many people still don't have the pj vault 3? Limited or pre sale, you can still be happy knowing that yes they will still be quite rare... And a hell of a set!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,020
    If someone gets a test press please post pics!
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

I always loved this one:
    http://youtu.be/DuVSvSbnaUg

Hell yeah. Gotta love them healthy breasts that bounce on italian leather sofas! And great trumpet solo! :)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,031
    I don't understand why people try to fulfill the need to be special simply by owning something and not wanting others to have the opportunity to own the same item. Fuck Limited All should be made to order. You aren't special because you own something. You are special because you DO something. (I have this set and Benny and many other "limited" vinyl and do so because I enjoy playing them not to brag about them or call them "investments" they are fucking records.). Rant over.. Lol
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    Lol yes and that is your opinion. Your intitled too. Just like the others that like limited and rare items.

Makes the world go round my friend
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,432

I don't understand why people try to fulfill the need to be special simply by owning something and not wanting others to have the opportunity to own the same item. Fuck Limited All should be made to order. You aren't special because you own something. You are special because you DO something. (I have this set and Benny and many other "limited" vinyl and do so because I enjoy playing them not to brag about them or call them "investments" they are fucking records.). Rant over.. Lol

It's not about feeling special. It's the thrill of the hunt for something special. That's the fun of collecting anything. If it was all easy to get, then it wouldn't be any fun.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    We should move to government issued vinyl boxsets. Everyone gets one, whether they want it or not, and nobody is special.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,020

We should move to government issued vinyl boxsets. Everyone gets one, whether they want it or not, and nobody is special.

Funny. I was going to go that route too...

I can't wait to get my nicest and see if I got a test pressing!

• Options

that made me laugh out loud... :ar!
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    KC2917KC2917 Posts: 871

I know it's early, but I'd like to nominate that as the post of the day. It takes a lot to make me chuckle at 7am.
  • Options
    Did anyone's cake order actually ship? I received email confirmation on the 24th with no tracking. Had to email them to get tracking. When I track it only says electronic info received on the 25th. Seems shitty to pay outrageous shipping to have them kind of misrepresenting the facts. Agree or disagree? Discuss amongst yourselves!
  • Options
    I would be pissed as hell if I paid $350 then they printed more... but I'm also smart and seasoned enough to know you never jump on that first inflated flipper wave... even more so before the fat lady sings on all of them being put on public sale.

For this particular item I don't care if they print more. It has been released less than a week and I plan on spinning these anyway
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    People complaining about the "outrageous" shipping prices and not getting tracking information need to understand that this shipping method wasn't put in place for the buyer, it was for CAKE being able to see who's getting their product and who's bullshitting about "missing" packages. They're not going to give you a tracking number unless you ask for it because it's for them to track, not you.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

People complaining about the "outrageous" shipping prices and not getting tracking information need to understand that this shipping method wasn't put in place for the buyer, it was for CAKE being able to see who's getting their product and who's bullshitting about "missing" packages. They're not going to give you a tracking number unless you ask for it because it's for them to track, not you.

That makes sense, but almost every single purchase I've made online recently from most places has provided the tracking info. It seems to be a fairly common practice. They should maybe hold off on sending emails saying an order shipped if it has not actually shipped. With all these orders being cancelled from different places on these limited edition items, people are on edge. Thanks again for the link!

And just to update, they were unable to tell me why it hasn't shipped yet. Just that they would be able to look more into it on Monday if it still hasn't shipped, 4 days after I received an email telling me it has been shipped. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a straightforward process when paying an extra amount for shipping. At least that's how I would run a business. Maybe they are using the Ten Club to ship!
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    "And that's why you don't get overzealous and buy anything the first month after RSD above cost."
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Can't fucking wait to get my cake box set
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    I second that. Maybe that's why I found myself being a whiny bitch on here. Hahaha