Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,747
    When I was a kid, I attended a Phillies vs. Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Red Barons exhibition game. It was actually pretty cool. this Phillies/Yankees series kind of reminds me of it. Two different leagues. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,606
    Arrieta is a Fucking bum. What’s his era since he roasted the entire organization? 
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Also, we took over. Section 104 behind judge was an easy 75% yanks. Fucking dumb dumbs were doing your stupid eagles chant in response to “let’s go yankees”...wrong sport morons 
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,524
    Arrieta is a Fucking bum. What’s his era since he roasted the entire organization? 

never liked the guy.

still, phils > likeable than yankees.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Got invited to a club box tonight. Go Phillies, Boo Yankees!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,338
    JK_Livin said:
    Got invited to a club box tonight. Go Phillies, Boo Yankees!

Nice man. Hopefully they can salvage one game and maybe split with the Nats this weekend.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,982
    edited June 2018
    going to the game on Thursday.  least they're playing the Nats so have a good shot at winning
    that's cool get to see Nola pitch.

Efflin's been on fire this month, 5-0 with like a 1.75  ERA.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    The teams he beat weren't too shabby, Cubs, Brewers x2, Nats and Yanks.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    He looked strong - faced a different Yankees lineup but still worked out of any issues he got into. 
    Place was a fucking mess getting out last night.  Fun to attend a game with 40k but I prefer it when the Phillies suck and I can get cheap tickets and have no crowd to watch ball.  This team getting good is going to mess with that.  :angry:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    He looked strong - faced a different Yankees lineup but still worked out of any issues he got into. 
    Place was a fucking mess getting out last night.  Fun to attend a game with 40k but I prefer it when the Phillies suck and I can get cheap tickets and have no crowd to watch ball.  This team getting good is going to mess with that.  :angry:
    We went with a philly cop on Tuesday.  They park right on pattison by Xfinity and just pop a piece of paper in their window.  Looked horrible getting out but we cruised right out and I was home in south philly about 20 minutes after the final pitch.

Left in the 6th monday with the baby.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    We went with a philly cop on Tuesday.  They park right on pattison by Xfinity and just pop a piece of paper in their window.  Looked horrible getting out but we cruised right out and I was home in south philly about 20 minutes after the final pitch.

Left in the 6th monday with the baby.
    Cool, that sounds convenient.  I park in a lot across from the Holiday Inn and close to the stadium.  Been parking there for 5 years.  Usually is 10 minutes and out.
    45 mins last night and I demonstrated poor parenting by giving two people the bird while we were in the traffic and they were honking/trying to cut in.  Too many fuckholes thinking it is Bergen county.  Go home!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    edited June 2018

I don't see why the Phillies would say no to including Franco in this? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But I'd consider something like this since it doesn't include Sixto. You'd have to get a strong assurance he'd sign an extension, obviously.

Would you guys consider a trade at this point? To me the litmus test has been the last 6 weeks and they're coming out with their heads above water...

From Bowden's Athletic piece:

6. Philadelphia Phillies land Manny Machado and Zach Britton from the Baltimore Orioles for J.P. Crawford, Adonis Medina, Cole Irvin and Connor Seabold.

The Phillies desperately need another bat in the middle of their lineup and a bullpen upgrade as well. Why not go after the headliner of the trade deadline in Baltimore All-Star shortstop Manny Machado and get the Orioles to deal reliever Zach Britton too?

Both will be free agents at season’s end and Philadelphia is among the logical landing spots for each. If they were to come over and help the Phillies reach the postseason, who’s to say they wouldn’t re-sign in the offseason?

The Orioles would start trade discussions asking for Philadelphia’s top pitching prospect, Sixto Sanchez, but the Phillies won’t trade him. That means their second-best pitching prospect, Adonis Medina, will have to be included. The 21-year-old righty is 7-2 this year at Clearwater of the Florida State League with a 3.99 ERA and 55 strikeouts in 58.2 innings.

The Orioles also might be able to pry away left-hander Cole Irvin, who is 8-3 at Lehigh Valley with a 2.61 ERA, 75 strikeouts and 19 walks in 89.1 IP, and perhaps even right-hander Connor Seabold, a former player of theirs (third round, 2017) who is now at Clearwater, sporting a 4-4 record and 3.77 ERA  with 68 strikeouts and 14 walks in 71.2 innings.

It would make sense for the Orioles to get one of the Phillies infielders back in the trade. It’s logical the Phils would say no to César Hernández, Scott Kingery and Maikel Franco, but they might include J.P. Crawford, who still has upside and is a top defensive shortstop, which would certainly help the Orioles pitching staff going forward.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,811
    ^ I see no point in trading anyone for a guy you can sign in the offseason. If he signs the contract as the deal is agreed upon then maybe, but this is just nuts and the kind of approach I would hope they're going away from.

I would think the O's would say no to Franco, no? 

Should've traded him and Neris when their stocks were high. Odubel's is though so I'd trade him for some major league talent that is getting too hefty for a small market team looking for a low cost-controlled contract.

Who wrote this?
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    ^ I see no point in trading anyone for a guy you can sign in the offseason. If he signs the contract as the deal is agreed upon then maybe, but this is just nuts and the kind of approach I would hope they're going away from.

Should've traded him and Neris when their stocks were high. Odubel's is though so I'd trade him for some major league talent that is getting too hefty for a small market team looking for a low cost-controlled contract.

Who wrote this?
    Jim Bowden.

Yeah--so what if agrees to an extension, though? 
    Irvin's barely a top 30 prospect for us. Seabold is still in Clearwater. Who knows about those two guys.
    Adonis and JP are the two big pieces and Machado plays JP's position anyway and is still young. You can put Kingery at third. You're also getting Britton to help in the pen for this year. I think I'd do it if they won't demand Sixto be in the deal. 

I know it makes more sense to get him and give up nothing this offseason, but I kind of feel like this team's on the cusp of contending now. Adding Machado to the middle of this lineup and getting help in the pen with Britton is pretty enticing to me. Something seems off with the Nats this year so I feel like the division is there for the taking---though this could just be me being so starved for October baseball talking and not thinking as rational as I should but the schedule gets much easier after this weekend so.. fuck it. Get him.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    This team is clearly not winning the world series this year so why give up assets for a rental, regardless of if he signs it's still a rental?   If you are giving things up, get someone under control and sign Machado in the offseason.  Also, the dude is a not signing extension 2 months before free agency unless it's an absolutely absurd amount of money

Also, Jim Bowden is a moron.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Who wrote this?
    Jim Bowden.

Irvin's barely a top 30 prospect for us. Seabold is still in Clearwater. Who knows about those two guys.
    Adonis and JP are the two big pieces and Machado plays JP's position anyway and is still young. You can put Kingery at third. You're also getting Britton to help in the pen for this year. I think I'd do it if they won't demand Sixto be in the deal. 

I know it makes more sense to get him and give up nothing this offseason, but I kind of feel like this team's on the cusp of contending now. Adding Machado to the middle of this lineup and getting help in the pen with Britton is pretty enticing to me. Something seems off with the Nats this year so I feel like the division is there for the taking---though this could just be me being so starved for October baseball talking and not thinking as rational as I should but the schedule gets much easier after this weekend so.. fuck it. Get him.
    Yeah, what Cliff said above. I understand, at this point, you're only giving up two players that are "worth" anything, but still the point remains - just doesn't make any sense to me.

I know they've turned the farm system around in recent years but to me that isn't any reason to go back to unloading guys for some short-term return. I like the people they have in charge as of now - they've shown no sign that a move like this is something they would do; they've dramatically increased their analytics department; managed payroll shrewdly; built mostly from within. So I'd like them to continue that as-is. The time will come when to unload all the dollars they have on any player they want and get him, and this year shouldn't be that year. It's like paying Ryan Howard before you had any rational reason for doing so. There's a better FA pool out there in the offseason, I say just wait.

Wasn't there a rumor about Beltre? I'd do something like that for this year.
  • Options

Who wrote this?
    Jim Bowden.

Yeah, what Cliff said above. I understand, at this point, you're only giving up two players that are "worth" anything, but still the point remains - just doesn't make any sense to me.

I know they've turned the farm system around in recent years but to me that isn't any reason to go back to unloading guys for some short-term return. I like the people they have in charge as of now - they've shown no sign that a move like this is something they would do; they've dramatically increased their analytics department; managed payroll shrewdly; built mostly from within. So I'd like them to continue that as-is. The time will come when to unload all the dollars they have on any player they want and get him, and this year shouldn't be that year. It's like paying Ryan Howard before you had any rational reason for doing so. There's a better FA pool out there in the offseason, I say just wait.

Yeah yeah yeah.....I know it's not the most rational thing to do right now...

But hypothetically!

Let's say they're 10 over .500 and a game or two up in the division near the deadline and can convince him to sign an extension--still a hard no?

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Who wrote this?
    Jim Bowden.

But hypothetically!

Let's say they're 10 over .500 and a game or two up in the division near the deadline and can convince him to sign an extension--still a hard no?

2008 Yankees. So so team. CC and others available at deadline.  Held firm. Signed a bunch of people in the offseason and we know how the next season went. Cashman said he wasn't going to pay for someone twice. Blueprint for Phillies.  Don't give up assets for this year.

Edit: The assets they give up this year for Machado could be used for next year or the year after when they are really trying to make a run at it. Save them for when it counts.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options

Who wrote this?
    Jim Bowden.

But hypothetically!

Still a hard no.
  • Options
    Fair enough, gents. Tally ho.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,982
    nice win tonight.  Nola pitched great (as usual).  Got to see a Rhys homer.  Bullpen was the bullpen, shaky at times.also got to see Bryce Harper strike out three times :lol: Roark has quite possibly the worst facial hair in the MLB today.

Thoughts on Werth retiring? 
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    ^Werth’s 39. It’s about time. Maybe he’ll come to the reunion now. 

How about this beauty? Not sure there’s been many sports logos over the years more perfect than this one

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

How about this beauty? Not sure there’s been many sports logos over the years more perfect than this one

On the other side of things, those blue uniforms are absolutely horrid.
  • Options

Get out of here with that nonsense
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Turrible.  The Phillies have great uniforms in general, but I can't deal with those.  Couldn't watch the game last night.  I like the day game ones and obviously the pinstripes.
  • Options

Turrible.  The Phillies have great uniforms in general, but I can't deal with those.  Couldn't watch the game last night.  I like the day game ones and obviously the pinstripes.

I've actually never liked the cream day jerseys.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I know people don’t like those hats I think, but this surprises me. They’re really clean 
  • Options

I know people don’t like those hats I think, but this surprises me. They’re really clean 

Yeah it's the hat that really ruins it for me. Way too much blue. And I just think the home unis should have the pinstripes
    chinese-happy.jpg