Options

RNDM Rumor Mill

Comments

• Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    :)) his shirt cracks me up if it says what I think it says - lol j/k'in I know it doesn't say what I think it says!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,277
    :-bd
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,854
    Saw that too, can't wait, I think it was a very short time from studio to record to tour for the last album. Can't Wait!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    I hope I manage to purchase an orange t-shirt this time... :D
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    I figure we can expect the album to come out in April with a couple of singles as early as January? May tour?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    edited November 2014
    @josepharthur

Hello from RNDM headquarters

• Options
    BikePHLBikePHL Posts: 471
    PJ_Soul said:

I figure we can expect the album to come out in April with a couple of singles as early as January? May tour?

That would be nice...
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater - June 25, 2011, Tres Mountains - TLA - March 23, 2011, Brad - World Cafe Live- Oct. 10, 2010, Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 31, 2009, Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater- June 12, 2009, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater- June 11,2009, Susquehanna Bank Center - Jun 20, 2008, Susquehanna Bank Center - Jun 19, 2008, Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 27, 2006, Wachovia Center - Oct 03, 2005, Fleet Center - Sep 29, 2004, Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003, Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003, First Union Spectrum Arena - Apr 28, 2003, Blockbuster Music Entertainment Center - Aug 29, 1998, RFK Stadium - Jun 14, 1998
  • Options
    demetrios said:

@josepharthur

Hello from RNDM headquarters

Hello! Watching, waiting... :)
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,288
    edited November 2014
    From Joseph's Instagram page:

"Made something quite wonderful with these guys over the last couple weeks. Can't wait to share it with y'all. Thanks for your positive vibrations. #RNDM"

There were also posts with the captions "Last overdub" and "last day boogie" but I can't seem to get the photos to paste right now. Sounds like it's getting close!
    Post edited by goldrush on
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Yesssss!

Saw that too on twitter. If they move as quick as they did with the last record could be up for sale in Feb? Jan even? Sounds like everything is recorded now though.

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    I'd expect it sooner rather than later. Maybe February or March.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    I love how active Joseph & Richard have been through social media. Cool to see a peek of the action! And gotta love that it's clear they really enjoy working together. Can't wait to hear the new album! I hope a tour follows, they rocked it in DC 2 years ago!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    samjam said:

I love how active Joseph & Richard have been through social media. Cool to see a peek of the action! And gotta love that it's clear they really enjoy working together. Can't wait to hear the new album! I hope a tour follows, they rocked it in DC 2 years ago!

Yeah they did! I was right in front of Jeff and got a pick afterwards (well 2 but I gave one to the guy next to me who didn't get one :)) Can't wait to see them on tour again!

• Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    a5pj said:

samjam said:

Yeah they did! I was right in front of Jeff and got a pick afterwards (well 2 but I gave one to the guy next to me who didn't get one :)) Can't wait to see them on tour again!
    We must've been standing right near each other, as I was right in front of Jeff as well! Was able to score a pick, too :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options

Guessing Jan 10th 10club newsletter will be the day the album will drop. And tour dates to follow. Euro tour first then USA tour.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    demetrios said:

Guessing Jan 10th 10club newsletter will be the day the album will drop. And tour dates to follow. Euro tour first then USA tour.
    I'd be really surprised if they could produce the album that quickly. Maybe the album announcement will be then, but it would be shocking if they could get the physical album out less than 2 months after they finished recording. The usual time it takes is around 5 months. I mean, crazier things have happened... but Jan 10th seems way to early to me. March is a bigger possibility.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

demetrios said:

I'd be really surprised if they could produce the album that quickly. Maybe the album announcement will be then, but it would be shocking if they could get the physical album out less than 2 months after they finished recording. The usual time it takes is around 5 months. I mean, crazier things have happened... but Jan 10th seems way to early to me. March is a bigger possibility.
    Well they have been teasing us since April with word & images on various social media pages on the band working together on new tracks. I wouldn't be surprised if the album is already completed & just about ready to be pressed & distributed.
  • Options
    demetrios said:

PJ_Soul said:

demetrios said:

Well they have been teasing us since April with word & images on various social media pages on the band working together on new tracks. I wouldn't be surprised if the album is already completed & just about ready to be pressed & distributed.
    That's what I'm thinking.
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Euro tour first...

;) I'm already there! :D
  • Options
    samjam said:

a5pj said:

samjam said:

We must've been standing right near each other, as I was right in front of Jeff as well! Was able to score a pick, too :)
    Awesome. It's weird but I got more excited for the first RNDM releases than I did for PJ's last album.

• Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359
    Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn....announce a new album and tour already!!!! :-w
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    I know right??
    They were really quick last time.... maybe they slowed it down for a good reason, because they learned something when they rushed it. The first tour wasn't exactly stellar as far as the venues go; many weren't appropriate for the size of the crowds. Perhaps they are planning a tour more carefully this go-round, and they are coordinating the release with the beginning of the tour. OR, maybe they are simply being subjected to the fact that there are huge waiting lists for vinyl pressing plants. If they intend to give us a good product, they'd probably be on a 6-month waiting list from the time they submit it to the manufacturer, minimum.
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Joseph Arthur also seems to have just spent a ton of time with people like Peter Buck of REM in a place called "Todos Santos" so that could be part of the delay too. SO READY for the new RNDM music!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    oHXXWKn.png
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    We're getting closer...... closer......
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,493
    Seems like the album will be called Ghostriding. Or maybe it's a song (or both).

Per Joseph Arthur's Instagram
  • Options

Seems like the album will be called Ghostriding. Or maybe it's a song (or both).

Per Joseph Arthur's Instagram

Sweet!

joseph_arthur .."More RNDM mixing in Hollywood with Rick Parker. Sounds so good you guys. Can't wait for you to hear Ghostriding."

• Options
    Scott Holpainen ‏@Scott_Holpainen

Check out the @josepharthur @Livestream from this morning. Always a pleasure to have hime in.

http://livestream.com/accounts/9327206/events/4080418/videos/89056162

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Weird they took down the video. And it's not up over @ youtube.com/user/kexpradio/videos yet. Usually they post their video on their website ( http://www.kexp.org/search?q=joseph+arthur ) they would later upload it over to their YouTube channel.

Joseph said RNDM has a new album & tour this Fall.
  • Options
    Paraphrasing Demetrios:
    demetrios said:

Weird they haven't uploaded Joseph's KEXP performance on YouTube yet.

I noticed that too. :i_dunno: