Options

**urgent: Do Not Attempt To Buy Ed Solo Tix ~ Site Glitch. Cards Will Be Charged!

rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Just posting this as an alert - the "BUY" button is a glitch. You will see tickets in your cart and go through the motions until the payment process. Then, an "unexpected error" message will pop up. Despite this, your card will be charged.

Do not attempt to buy tickets, your cards will be charged.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147

STICKY PLEASE!!!!! :)

we should keep this bumped....
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    cutback wrote:

Or stickied!!
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    I would hate to see more people end up like many of us with tied up funds and no tickets :(

I should've thought of this before like 7 hours before when it happened to me :o: , maybe some of the others wouldn't have tried...
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I think most of us the board know by now, it's the others that aren't regulars or ones that had to work today that need this info! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Great to see the cub getting on this and putting up a notice!

Oh...
    Whats that?
    rockpants doesnt work for 10C?

Oh my oh my oh my
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    Or stickied!!

well they won't fix the site why should we expect a sticky? ;) :rolleyes:
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    well they won't fix the site why should we expect a sticky? ;) :rolleyes:

LOL. OUCH. The Mod ladies will handle it! :)

• Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    wolfbear wrote:
    ones that had to work today that need this info! :)

That'd be me. :p

You know how hopes and dreams run thick in this crowd. The "what if?" is too good to pass up. You'd kick yourself for *not* trying, you know? This time, it's the exact opposite.
    I feel so dumb for trying over and over again. I really hope my credit card company is understanding and will grant me an emergency extension of credit to cover my monthly charities and bills.

Edit: Great, the c.c.'s phone lines are closed for the night. Guess I should try email and phone back tomorrow during my lunch hour.

Fuck.
  • Options
    LOL. OUCH. The Mod ladies will handle it! :)

yea i know that was harsh....but it's one thing that happened this morning but this is ridiculous....people are being duped....
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    cutback wrote:
    yea i know that was harsh....but it's one thing that happened this morning but this is ridiculous....people are being duped....

beyond ridiculous.

there is potential to put someone into some
    serious financial trouble over this.

i would be livid.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    thank you, R. I'm glad i saw this before i went to try again. damn i was feeling bad because I didn't score tickets but now i see that i'm actually lucky in that i never even made it as far as the page to enter my credit/debit card info before I got the "unexpected error" message come up.

I feel absolutely terrible for the people that are going to have to deal with credit card hassles and numerous bank overdraft fees(if they paid with a debit card) only not to even receive any tickets. for these folks this fucking mess is totally unexceptable.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    i just got buy buttons for santa cruz and san diego....:rolleyes: c'mon 10c!!
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    cutback wrote:

we should....

or a moderator could make a sticky advising people. i mean it's been hours since the problem has been discovered by 10c members. i couldn't see anything official posted here by 10c

*gosh*

the internet - fastest way to update thousands of people on what's going on. who would've thought.
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,206
    Well, shit. Here I thought I was getting lucky. Shoulda came here first. Shoulda known it'd be too good to be true.
  • Options
    If the shows are sold out, as 10c says they are, and 10c is aware of this glitch, then why not just take the shows down?
  • Options
    albawild wrote:
    If the shows are sold out, as 10c says they are, and 10c is aware of this glitch, then why not just take the shows down?

Aww...now that is the mystery! :)

• Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    cutback wrote:
    i just got buy buttons for santa cruz and san diego....:rolleyes: c'mon 10c!!

SWEET!!!!!! ;):D
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    albawild wrote:

that's what we would all like to know! :confused:
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    SWEET!!!!!! ;):D

hehehe....well it is kinda exciting when you see that buy button.....it's almost pavlovian to click it! :p:D:D
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,206
    cutback wrote:
    hehehe....well it is kinda exciting when you see that buy button.....it's almost pavlovian to click it! :p:D:D

I lapped it up like it was a $146 pint of beer I just spilled all over the table.
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    cutback wrote:

No shit! That's why I have tickets to shows 10 days apart!!!! I enjoy my family and all, and it's always nice to visit, but enough is fucking enough!! 10 days?!? Are you shitting me?!? ;):D
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    that's what we would all like to know! :confused:
    What we have been told is that it's a "glitch". :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    rockpants wrote:
    That'd be me. :p

You know how hopes and dreams run thick in this crowd. The "what if?" is too good to pass up. You'd kick yourself for *not* trying, you know? This time, it's the exact opposite.
    I feel so dumb for trying over and over again. I really hope my credit card company is understanding and will grant me an emergency extension of credit to cover my monthly charities and bills.

Edit: Great, the c.c.'s phone lines are closed for the night. Guess I should try email and phone back tomorrow during my lunch hour.

Fuck.
    i am so sorry. i can honestly say i feel your distress in your words. I didn't lose any money (or get tickets ;)), but i really feel for people in the situation you are in.

hopefully things will look better tomorrow when you get to speak to someone who has some compassion and they can sort it out for you.

take care.
  • Options
    AndySlash wrote:
    I lapped it up like it was a $146 pint of beer I just spilled all over the table.

dude i'm sorry.....that blows....:(
    mookie9999 wrote:
    No shit! That's why I have tickets to shows 10 days apart!!!! I enjoy my family and all, and it's always nice to visit, but enough is fucking enough!! 10 days?!? Are you shitting me?!? ;):D

you can do it....eddie's first solo tour....itw live....nuff said....:D
  • Options
    Y'know...i never bitch about 10c but this is just too much....
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    What's everyone talking about....? Do you mean the Vancouver tix I bought this AM I didn't really get, but I'm going to be charged for all five times I had to enter my CC number? I got a confirmation from the 10Club that I got one pair, and then when I went back in to confirm that I actually got them, I got a message saying they could not be added to my cart because I already had tix....Please don't scare me...
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    Krisdababe wrote:
    Y'know...i never bitch about 10c but this is just too much....
    me either.....i'm more baffled as to why those links are STILL up there!!??!?!

10c TAKE THEM DOWN!!!!!!
  • Options
    What's everyone talking about....? Do you mean the Vancouver tix I bought this AM I didn't really get, but I'm going to be charged for all five times I had to enter my CC number? I got a confirmation from the 10Club that I got one pair, and then when I went back in to confirm that I actually got them, I got a message saying they could not be added to my cart because I already had tix....Please don't scare me...

go to your profile and see what shows you have....if they're not there you may have charges against your cc....:(
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    cutback wrote:
    me either.....i'm more baffled as to why those links are STILL up there!!??!?!

10c TAKE THEM DOWN!!!!!!

Or at least sticky this thread. If the mods can be moving threads right now on AET, they could at least sticky this so no one else tries to buy tix.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    Haha I got that message too! After being booted out of the cc segment. It means you already have tixs. Check your profile. :) I'll bet they are there. It took me 20 mins to confirm this today though.