Options

cleveland - security - booted :(

2»

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    I'm glad you got kicked out.

Just because it's a rock concert doesn't give you the right to break the law.

This isn't the 60's, pal.

I wish those two fuckers smoking right in front and behind me got kicked out at the Cleveland show.
    I'M JUST GLAD PJ IS NOT PLAYING IN YOUR BACK YARD .TOTAL ASSHOLES THEY SHOULD OF JUST TOLD HIM TO PUT IT OUT.AND THE 60'S WERE A LOT BETTER THEN NOW FOR SHOWS.
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    mtjammer wrote:
    You're right, it's not the 60's, and I would still hope that folks are cool enough to let others go enjoy music in their own way, whether that be drinking, smoking or just grooving. As long as it's in moderation and not interfering with others' enjoyment, why should you care? To each their own. Let's face it, many people will smoke at concerts. Don't go to a concert and then act surprised or infuriated that someone was enjoying the music while taking a puff. You would be better off by ignoring the folks smoking around you and just enjoying the show yourself. You're at a PJ show, not church.
    WEEL SAID .I BET THEY DON'T STOP THE FANS AT THE HIP HOP SHOWS OR RAP SHOWS FROM SMOKING AT ALL OR THE COUNTRY MUSIC FANS FROM DRINKING ALL THAT JACK DANIELS . FREAKING ASS BACK WARDS STATE.
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    Buck Fush wrote:
    ummmm...yes, and it really sucks to be "pour" in Bush's 'Merika.

methinks the proverbial shallow end of the gene pool might be big enough to accommodate all sorts of folks...ordinarily i wouldn't crack on someone's misspelling, but this was just too rich...

Wow. I'm getting smacked down over a typo by someone who apparently doesn't know how to use proper caitalization or punctuation. That's rich.
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    As much as I think smoking pot isn't a huge crime, none the less, it is still illegal.

So, if you do it, and you get put through some sort of inconvenience as a result, it is nobody elses fault but yours.

I am not saying anyone should be sent to jail, etc., however, if you know that pot smoking is a no-no at a gig, you are risking your enjoyment of the gig by doing so.

Also,security guards at concerts are trained to enforce the venue's policies.

When they tell you not to stand on the white line, they are doing so because the local fire department requires them to keep certain areas/aisles clear.

It may not seem necessary, but the fire department has deemed it necessary, and they have the power to shut down a show.

I am all for activism, but I feel as if activism is best used to change laws.

It Makes no sense to me that people feel they have the right to play "the victim", even though they knew that their actions could possibly get them into some sort of trouble.

Why not use your sense of rebellion against a more important cause, such as a corrupt leader or an unjust war!
    :)

Its all about personal responsibility, people!
  • Options
    LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    mtjammer wrote:
    You're right, it's not the 60's, and I would still hope that folks are cool enough to let others go enjoy music in their own way, whether that be drinking, smoking or just grooving. As long as it's in moderation and not interfering with others' enjoyment, why should you care? To each their own. Let's face it, many people will smoke at concerts. Don't go to a concert and then act surprised or infuriated that someone was enjoying the music while taking a puff. You would be better off by ignoring the folks smoking around you and just enjoying the show yourself. You're at a PJ show, not church.

Here we go with that whole 'It's my right to smoke maaaaan'

give it up already, it's illegal and if you get caught you suffer the consequences.
    Deal with it.
  • Options
    My first...finally!

Free will is not a right, but a blessing!

Whether it is illegal in the lawful sense does not mean it is illegal in the social contract, LongRoad. Perhaps you need to get off your highhorse and go back to your little website and post your diatribes there. You know Jesus existed? Were you there? YOU were a missed opportunity in my view!

Go back to computerland and leave others to actually discuss the happenings of the world. Go upload some files for me to surf. You want to "properly" debate the laws of the land, perhaps you should think about how many people die each year from alcohol and how many die from pot. But wait, alcohol is legal and influenced by big business. We can't take that away can we?

Now go listen to that Tool you like so much. Tool = nice music, overrated band!
    192xxx
    6/26+27/98, 10/8/00 (IB), 6/21/03, 9/3+4/11 (PJ20) - East Troy
    6/29/98, 10/9/00, 6/18/03, 5/16+17/06, 8/23+24/09, 8/20+22/16, 8/18+20/18, *8/29+31/24 - Chicago
    6/6/03 - Las Vegas
    10/5/04, 9/18/22 - St. Louis
    6/29/06, 10/20/14 - Milwaukee
    11/19/13 - Phoenix
    4/26/16 - Lexington

• Options
    My first...finally!

Free will is not a right, but a blessing!

Whether it is illegal in the lawful sense does not mean it is illegal in the social contract, LongRoad. Perhaps you need to get off your highhorse and go back to your little website and post your diatribes there. You know Jesus existed? Were you there? YOU were a missed opportunity in my view!

Go back to computerland and leave others to actually discuss the happenings of the world. Go upload some files for me to surf. You want to "properly" debate the laws of the land, perhaps you should think about how many people die each year from alcohol and how many die from pot. But wait, alcohol is legal and influenced by big business. We can't take that away can we?

Now go listen to that Tool you like so much. Tool = nice music, overrated band!

Wow, nice first post.

Looks like you enjoy reading all that I post.

BTW, I know Jesus existed because I am Jesus ;)
  • Options
    Well, I like to be informed of who I am dealing with before I speak critical of their views. One post can be a spout off, but a posting pattern gives a little more information on actual character. Agreed?

If only the rest of the world took the time to educate themselves a bit more before speaking, I think the gene pool would be significantly improved.... this board too.

I just could not sit back any longer.
    192xxx
    6/29/98, 10/9/00, 6/18/03, 5/16+17/06, 8/23+24/09, 8/20+22/16, 8/18+20/18, *8/29+31/24 - Chicago
    6/6/03 - Las Vegas
    11/19/13 - Phoenix
    4/26/16 - Lexington

• Options
    I just could not sit back any longer.

You couldn't have been sitting back for too long, you only joined here 4 days ago.
  • Options
    Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    I would say it was at Homer Simpson levels of intelligence myself.
    lmao....well, IMO it's on Homer's level either way....heart attack or no heart attack.
  • Options
    cubbieblue82cubbieblue82 Posts: 292
    Yeah, security has been a bitch this tour. I went to both Chicago shows and smoked out in the lot before going in so that I wouldn't have to worry once I got in. Anyway, second night we were sitting in the 200 level all the way back against an empty box. The drunks next to us on several occasions jumped into the empty box to relieve themselves on the floor! Not only that but we were forced to stand in a puddle of beer as they immediately upon arrival proceeded to spill a full beer all over the floor. Then the fuckers chewed tobacco the whole time and somehow managed to miss their spitoon and spit wads all over the floor right by our seats! I know that security saw them in the empty box seats, yet nothing was done.

God forbid though that anyone should light one up before they were pranced on by security and thrown out. Typical hypocritical bullshit in this country. Alcohol causes 1000 times more problems in this country than pot does.

And to all the people bitching and moaning about the horror of having to smell pot at a concert, why not let the person know it is bothering you before you get all riteous and shit. 9/10 people would be courteous and stop or go smoke elsewhere. If everyone blindly followed authority like you suggest we'd still be a British colony!
    Obama/Biden '08!!!
  • Options
    While true that I only joined four days ago, that does not mean I have not read this board on occasion over time. I could no longer sit back and just read. I now had to write. Now by no means am I a computer blogger, but interested in thoughts and views.

Thanks for taking notice.

Also, thanks for another view cubbieblue82. Great post.
    192xxx
    6/6/03 - Las Vegas
    11/19/13 - Phoenix
    4/26/16 - Lexington

• Options
    mpg82mpg82 Posts: 83

I wish those two fuckers smoking right in front and behind me got kicked out at the Cleveland show.

God, what the hell are you so bitter about? Cheer up dickhead. The guy got booted for smoking a harmless J and then had a heart attack. Give him a break.
    6/26/98, 6/27/98, 06/13/99, 10/08/00, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/29/06, 6/30/06, 5/7/10
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191

If you don't want to see/smell people smoking weed at a concert then stay home. It's a fucking rock concert, not Sunday services at church. No matter what type of concert you go to (with the exception of kiddie shows like Sesame Street Live) someone there will be smoking weed.

I was smelling some good stuff at the shows I've been to so far this year. I just wish more of those people would be seated next to me at the concerts.
  • Options
    LongRoad wrote:
    Is smoking weed 6 days after a heart attack smart?

I wouldn't think so.

It's only smart if you smoke a quarter and pound a bottle of jack
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • Options
    NeilJam wrote:
    If you don't want to see/smell people smoking weed at a concert then stay home. It's a fucking rock concert, not Sunday services at church. No matter what type of concert you go to (with the exception of kiddie shows like Sesame Street Live) someone there will be smoking weed.

I was smelling some good stuff at the shows I've been to so far this year. I just wish more of those people would be seated next to me at the concerts.

Why the fuck should *I* stay home because I don't like to be around shit loads of people smoking in a building that is NON SMOKING. NON SMOKING. Do you not understand that? Are you stupid or just ignorant? If I walked into your house and did something you didn't want me to do, would you sit around and tolerate it? No. You would tell them to stop or leave. So just because this is a rock concert doesn't make it any different. Because, it's a ROCK CONCERT, not some big pot party. If you want to smoke pot, cigarettes, whatever...do it on your own time. Not mine. If you want to smoke, smoke all you want. I could give two fucks less, just don't do it around me because I can not handle the smell. So why should I get my Pearl Jam experience hinder because a couple of morons can't follow simple god damn rules for 4 fucking hours?

And don't give me the "it's a rock concert" excuse because that's really pathetic. What if I wanted to have sex during the show and you were sitting right next to us? Would you appreciate that? I mean after all...it's a rock concert. Sex, drugs, and rock n' roll, right?

I don't get a lot of you. If some guy sells Pearl Jam tickets on eBay for $400, you people bitch and moan because "it's not right" yet when someone is upset that people are smoking at a concert everyone gets all uptight and tell that person to go to another concert. You guys basically are nothing but self righteous assholes who act like they are all high and mighty and you can do whatever you want, but if someone does something you don't like, they should be thrown to the wolves.
    Noblesville 6/03
    Toledo 10/04
    Grand Rapids 10/04
    Grand Rapids 5/06
    Cleveland 5/06
    Cincinnati 6/06
    *hopefully sometime before I die* Noblesville

Songs I'm hoping to hear live: Nothingman, In My Tree, Indifference, and Animal
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    Why the fuck should *I* stay home because I don't like to be around shit loads of people smoking in a building that is NON SMOKING. NON SMOKING. Do you not understand that? Are you stupid or just ignorant? If I walked into your house and did something you didn't want me to do, would you sit around and tolerate it? No. You would tell them to stop or leave. So just because this is a rock concert doesn't make it any different. Because, it's a ROCK CONCERT, not some big pot party. If you want to smoke pot, cigarettes, whatever...do it on your own time. Not mine. If you want to smoke, smoke all you want. I could give two fucks less, just don't do it around me because I can not handle the smell. So why should I get my Pearl Jam experience hinder because a couple of morons can't follow simple god damn rules for 4 fucking hours?

And don't give me the "it's a rock concert" excuse because that's really pathetic. What if I wanted to have sex during the show and you were sitting right next to us? Would you appreciate that? I mean after all...it's a rock concert. Sex, drugs, and rock n' roll, right?

I don't get a lot of you. If some guy sells Pearl Jam tickets on eBay for $400, you people bitch and moan because "it's not right" yet when someone is upset that people are smoking at a concert everyone gets all uptight and tell that person to go to another concert. You guys basically are nothing but self righteous assholes who act like they are all high and mighty and you can do whatever you want, but if someone does something you don't like, they should be thrown to the wolves.

What a dick you are telling people what they should and shouldn't do. Who's the self righteous one here?

I didn't say go to another concert. You can go to a country music show and there will still be people smoking weed. Like I said, people smoke at ALL types of concerts, except the kiddie shows as I mentioned earlier. If some of the smoke does come your way it's not going to cause sudden death. Are you gonna bitch about the people that have a couple drinks next because they are ruining your concert experience by having a good time?

If some smoke does come your way, it's not gonna cause sudden death. Also, pot smoke is much less harmful to you than cigarette smoke.

Oh, and BTW It's a fuckin' rock concert ;)
  • Options
    so much animosity. sounds like everyone round here could use a drag or two

I agree there is some hypocrisy about certain things, but uh...in case you forgot pot smoking is illegal everywhere not just in the NONSMOKING buildings so you dont have much of an argument there.

It is shitty when someones actions piss you off at a show but just remember you're at a show and 95% of the time any jackass pissing you off will stop doing what they are doing or if you're that aggrivated you can always grab security.

can't we all just get along? (oh yea you love the cliche-ness)
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Well I am a diehard smoker, and I smoke a cigarette like every 20 minutes or so, so you can imagine that I have a hard time getting through a show without one. Toronto night 1, I started jonesing about half way through the 1st set, and was trying to weigh out the risk/reward factor of chancing it. It actually fucked with my enjoyment of the show for like 3 songs. But in the end, I could not do it. Not worth risking getting booted, and I do NOT leave my seat unless my bladder is about to explode (and maybe, at that).

Night 2 I decided before the show that I was not going to have one, and rocked out all night. It's just not worth it, and I agree with people that nowadays smokers are in the minority by a huge margin, so making everyone else suffer for my guilty pleasures is not right.

BTW, I also had a couple of idiots beside me that showed up with like 12 beers. Half way through the one guy had to sit down and was looking like he was going to puke. THat killed my buzz for a while. Made me realize that our actions CAN have an effect on others enjoyment. When they left, half way through Ledbetter (WTF?), there was a huge puddle of beer on the floor, and I felt bad because the guy in front of me had a program on his seat, and it kept falling on the beer soaked floor.

Not sure if this makes a point or not, but oh well.
  • Options
    so much animosity. sounds like everyone round here could use a drag or two

I agree there is some hypocrisy about certain things, but uh...in case you forgot pot smoking is illegal everywhere not just in the NONSMOKING buildings so you dont have much of an argument there.

Have you ever heard of cigarettes?

Yeah the smell of those fuck me up worse than weed.
    Noblesville 6/03
    Toledo 10/04
    Grand Rapids 10/04
    Grand Rapids 5/06
    Cleveland 5/06
    Cincinnati 6/06

• Options
    NeilJam wrote:
    What a dick you are telling people what they should and shouldn't do. Who's the self righteous one here?

I said I did not care what they do as long as it's not around me. It's call respecting the wishes of the people around you. And it's a damn reasonable request at that. And it's one that should be honored regardless as per the rules of the arena. You wouldn't try to break rules that the 10C/Pearl Jam lay down for us would you?
    I didn't say go to another concert.

I never said you did, other people have though. Go look at other posts in this topic or other topics like that.
    You can go to a country music show and there will still be people smoking weed. Like I said, people smoke at ALL types of concerts, except the kiddie shows as I mentioned earlier. If some of the smoke does come your way it's not going to cause sudden death.

Neither does fast food or the consumption of alcohol. But it quickens up the process.
    Are you gonna bitch about the people that have a couple drinks next because they are ruining your concert experience by having a good time?

If getting drunk off your ass is considered having a good time at a concert = pretty damn sad if you ask me.

Annnnd having to smell a big pile of puke all show because some stupid woman couldn't hold in her alcohol by puking BEFORE Pearl Jam took the stage is also pretty pathetic.

Hey why don't you ask my girlfriend about the drunken frat boy who was trying to feel her up at the show.

Oh no alll of that is okay becuae "they were just having a good time."

Oh wait, this is coming from someone who choses NOT to smoke or drink at a show.

I must be out of touch with the general concert going public.
    Noblesville 6/03
    Toledo 10/04
    Grand Rapids 10/04
    Grand Rapids 5/06
    Cleveland 5/06
    Cincinnati 6/06

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    NeilJam wrote:

I didn't say go to another concert. You can go to a country music show and there will still be people smoking weed. Like I said, people smoke at ALL types of concerts, except the kiddie shows as I mentioned earlier. If some of the smoke does come your way it's not going to cause sudden death. Are you gonna bitch about the people that have a couple drinks next because they are ruining your concert experience by having a good time?

If some smoke does come your way, it's not gonna cause sudden death. Also, pot smoke is much less harmful to you than cigarette smoke.

Oh, and BTW It's a fuckin' rock concert ;)

Dude, it is a non-smoking arena/event. The only people being dicks are the ones blowing smoke in other people's faces.

I expected it at the shows and have never said a thing. But to make out like it is no big deal to blow smoke into someone else's face is just fucking stupid. Most smokers should be more awar eof this and at least take care. You never see a smoker holding their cig up with the smoke in their own face do you? Well then, why hold it off to the side in my face?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    Well I am a diehard smoker, and I smoke a cigarette like every 20 minutes or so, so you can imagine that I have a hard time getting through a show without one. Toronto night 1, I started jonesing about half way through the 1st set, and was trying to weigh out the risk/reward factor of chancing it. It actually fucked with my enjoyment of the show for like 3 songs. But in the end, I could not do it. Not worth risking getting booted, and I do NOT leave my seat unless my bladder is about to explode (and maybe, at that).

Night 2 I decided before the show that I was not going to have one, and rocked out all night. It's just not worth it, and I agree with people that nowadays smokers are in the minority by a huge margin, so making everyone else suffer for my guilty pleasures is not right.

BTW, I also had a couple of idiots beside me that showed up with like 12 beers. Half way through the one guy had to sit down and was looking like he was going to puke. THat killed my buzz for a while. Made me realize that our actions CAN have an effect on others enjoyment. When they left, half way through Ledbetter (WTF?), there was a huge puddle of beer on the floor, and I felt bad because the guy in front of me had a program on his seat, and it kept falling on the beer soaked floor.

Not sure if this makes a point or not, but oh well.

Good post. If everyone would just care about how you may be effecting the people around you everyone would have more fun.

Now if you are getting pissed off because people are getting excited and jumping around, maybe bumping into you alittle then maybe you should re-think going to a concert.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    AFM,

Have you informed the band that they have to stop using smoke machines at the shows yet? Because it is a nonsmoking venue, right? Ed having a cig in between songs, should we call security on him.... because it is a nonsmoking venue, right?

You can complain all you want, but it won't change a thing. People will still smoke cigs and others around will be pissed about it... try asking them to put it out? You don't want to be a fricking nark and run to security do you? You would only be ruining your show and their's. A little tolerence is what is needed more in this country. Why don't you set aside your complaints for 4 hours and try to co-exist with your fellow Pearl Jam fans? They are there to have fun and enjoy the show, not to personally harm you!

People will still drink their @$$es off because no one is going to stop them or stop serving them. These are the people that need to be removed ASAP when they get out of hand as they are more concerned about their next beer over the show itself. They also bump into and spill on others and their stuff. A few drinks is for a good time, a few too many is a problem for everyone around them.

People will still smoke pot (which does not have the same lingering smell as cigs by the way, especially on clothes) because it is a concert and that is what they like to do at shows. A whaft or two will not damage the crappy venue air you are already breathing, especially with all the people smoking cigs and the band's smoke machines. Also, I would rather have a pot smoker have a good time then a drunk @$$ who is going to ruin my show, my stuff and maybe my life when he tries to drive home.

In the new millenium, I think you are "...out of touch with the general concert going public." That could be you, your environment or just the infrequency of show attendance. But this is how almost all shows are these days in major (larger) venues. PJ doesn't play too many small venues, so you might have to get used to this.

On another note, I do agree that smoke should not be blown in someone's face. If you must have a cig mid show, light up, take a couple puffs and put it out. Then blow the smoke up and out. From a former smoker, it is not that difficult as I used to do this all the time and others were at first curious, but then thankful, as consideration for them was being shown. If you have to have pot mid show, don't bring a joint inside the venue! Bring a small glass piece that can be lit periodically and blow the smoke out in the same fashion.

The "it's illegal" arguement is basically dying as more and more areas are decrimalizing pot throughout the US and the world. Do you really think a judge is going to throw the book at an adult who decided to smoke pot at a rock concert? My magic eightball says "You already know the answer".

Believe me people it is not that hard to enjoy yourself, enjoy the show and not piss off everyone around you! All it takes is a little common sense and a little bit of tolerence..... let's try and walk that line as best as possible.
    192xxx
    6/6/03 - Las Vegas
    11/19/13 - Phoenix
    4/26/16 - Lexington

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,962
    what i think is people only smoke pot in the venue cos they think they look cool and think they are being clever .
    If you get stoned before you go in no problem,but dont be shocked by your own stupidity.your not clever or cool quite the opposite
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    taetum19taetum19 Posts: 12
    godpt3 wrote:
    you did something stupid and now you're gonna whine about it. Brilliant!!!!
    A joint shortly after a heart attack. Not too many brains, huh skippy???

May the gods of Darwin poor chlorine in your gene pool.

could you be any more arrogant and insulting? because i'm sure you've never done something you later regret, whether it be at age 32 or 13. then you basically wish sterility on the poor guy and his family.

granted, taking a pull off a joint 6 days after a heart attack isnt the most wise, but does it warrant a response like that?

you are a shithead and may the forces of karma settle up with you in the very near future for such a shithead comment. WANG!
    how much difference does it make...
  • Options
    AFM,

Have you informed the band that they have to stop using smoke machines at the shows yet? Because it is a nonsmoking venue, right? Ed having a cig in between songs, should we call security on him.... because it is a nonsmoking venue, right?

You can complain all you want, but it won't change a thing. People will still smoke cigs and others around will be pissed about it... try asking them to put it out? You don't want to be a fricking nark and run to security do you? You would only be ruining your show and their's. A little tolerence is what is needed more in this country. Why don't you set aside your complaints for 4 hours and try to co-exist with your fellow Pearl Jam fans? They are there to have fun and enjoy the show, not to personally harm you!

People will still drink their @$$es off because no one is going to stop them or stop serving them. These are the people that need to be removed ASAP when they get out of hand as they are more concerned about their next beer over the show itself. They also bump into and spill on others and their stuff. A few drinks is for a good time, a few too many is a problem for everyone around them.

People will still smoke pot (which does not have the same lingering smell as cigs by the way, especially on clothes) because it is a concert and that is what they like to do at shows. A whaft or two will not damage the crappy venue air you are already breathing, especially with all the people smoking cigs and the band's smoke machines. Also, I would rather have a pot smoker have a good time then a drunk @$$ who is going to ruin my show, my stuff and maybe my life when he tries to drive home.

In the new millenium, I think you are "...out of touch with the general concert going public." That could be you, your environment or just the infrequency of show attendance. But this is how almost all shows are these days in major (larger) venues. PJ doesn't play too many small venues, so you might have to get used to this.

On another note, I do agree that smoke should not be blown in someone's face. If you must have a cig mid show, light up, take a couple puffs and put it out. Then blow the smoke up and out. From a former smoker, it is not that difficult as I used to do this all the time and others were at first curious, but then thankful, as consideration for them was being shown. If you have to have pot mid show, don't bring a joint inside the venue! Bring a small glass piece that can be lit periodically and blow the smoke out in the same fashion.

The "it's illegal" arguement is basically dying as more and more areas are decrimalizing pot throughout the US and the world. Do you really think a judge is going to throw the book at an adult who decided to smoke pot at a rock concert? My magic eightball says "You already know the answer".

Believe me people it is not that hard to enjoy yourself, enjoy the show and not piss off everyone around you! All it takes is a little common sense and a little bit of tolerence..... let's try and walk that line as best as possible.

I HAVE SEEN THE GLORY!!!!!! Too bad more people don't carry that mentality, particularly at a ROCK CONCERT!! have people really become that separated from their youth and morphed into a bunch of old fuddy-duddies (corny, i know).

thank you for that breath of fresh air.
  • Options

get a clue rookie, a rock concert venue IS NOT YOUR HOME. your point about you coming to my home and doing something i dont want is completely invalid, PEARL JAM CONCERTS ARE IN A PUBLIC VENUE. some things you have to accept as inevitable, like smoking of any sort at a rock show. it has always and will always be.

i would consider myself quite far from a self righteous asshole, but judging by that tirade you left, maybe its time to take a look in the mirror, i counted multiple references to yourself in that nonsensical ramble.
  • Options
    talking to myself here.......damn you taetum, dont smoke around me at the PJ show.......whatever taetum, its a public venue and i will do what i want!!!!......you self righteous asshole taetum, eff you........
  • Options
    Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    I ended up smoking cigs at the show!! I didn't really mean to, but my daughter was lighting up and passing it to me. So, I took a couple puffs each time she passed it.
    I know it was bad. Bad Heather..tsk tsk!
    Oh, and it didn't blow in anyone's face. The way the seats are leveled, the smoke just goes straight up and out...above the people in front of me heads.
    Save room for dessert!