Options

••••NASCAR 2016••••

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Guess that would explain jr's success at restrictor plate races and his struggles everywhere else

he did do better last year correct?

yes i am a fan of his, and yes he needs to prove himself!

:corn:
    Finally had a half way decent year, yes. Still over exposed for what he has accomplished overall.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,800
    81 wrote:
    That's "qualifying" buddy, not racing. He amazing at those tracks. Don't make me bust out more #88 stats like I had to with Norm earlier! He's not as good as he once was I'll agree. But it's a completely different sport than it was 10-12 years ago. Still a threat on a lot of tracks. Michigan, Bristol, Texas, Richmond....
    I'd love to hear your thesis on gas mileage/pit timing as it relates to the greatness of the driver.

Jr is the most over rated over exposed driver in the last 20 years, if not longer. Take away the name, and you have juan pablo
    :fp: here we go!

Johnson was referring to the fact you mash the gas for 2 laps and don't touch the breaks. Anyone can do that. They spend 3 months building one car dude! Qualifying has NOTHING to do with the driver. Now the race, different story.

And Montoya! Really!!! I'll provide a well documented comparison after dinner. :corn:
    during the race, alot has to do with pit strategy, number of cautions , when topit/fuel, tire management etc, little of that has to do with driver.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

And Montoya! Really!!! I'll provide a well documented comparison after dinner. :corn:

:lol:

Montoya was a bad comparison....however, Ryan Newman is a pretty good one.

http://www.racing-reference.info/driver/earnhda02

http://www.racing-reference.info/driver/Ryan_Newman
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    NASCAR is stupid.

Annnnnd I'm out.... :wave:
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    being a cubs fan is stupid.

Annnnnd I'm out.... :wave:
    :wave:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Danica is on the pole, any pics yet
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-fr ... ascar.html

Danica Grabs Pole Headline :lol:
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • Options
    I'll provide a well documented comparison after dinner. :corn:

late dinner?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    81 wrote:
    I'll provide a well documented comparison after dinner. :corn:

late dinner?
    Actually just got done cleaning. Ryan Newman is a good comparison ill give you that one. Except for his 950 poles he's won.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Earnhardt Jr. is way over rated ( only has 4 wins since 2005), only popular because of who his dad was ... and beside what grown man wants to still be called junior ... or my favourite from D. Waltrip "June Bug" :lol::lol::lol:.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Earnhardt Jr. is way over rated ( only has 4 wins since 2005), only popular because of who his dad was ... and beside what grown man wants to still be called junior ... or my favourite from D. Waltrip "June Bug" :lol::lol::lol:.

Yes he did struggle from 2007-2010 but his last 2 years have been some of the more consistant of his career. Remember, he did not ask for his fathers fans to follow him after his father was killed. I think he's done a pretty good job of handling the constant media crush and attention to be honest. He could be a complete and total douche like the Busch brothers.

People say he'll never be his father...well, yeah, no shit. His father was probably one of the top 3 drivers of all time. Certainly top 5. 99.9% out there who will never be like Dale Sr. Waltrip only calls him "June Bug" because he's know the guy since he was 7 years old.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    lukin2006 wrote:

Yes he did struggle from 2007-2010 but his last 2 years have been some of the more consistant of his career. Remember, he did not ask for his fathers fans to follow him after his father was killed. I think he's done a pretty good job of handling the constant media crush and attention to be honest. He could be a complete and total douche like the Busch brothers.

People say he'll never be his father...well, yeah, no shit. His father was probably one of the top 3 drivers of all time. Certainly top 5. 99.9% out there who will never be like Dale Sr. Waltrip only calls him "June Bug" because he's know the guy since he was 7 years old.

:lol::lol::lol: I never said he'd be like his father ... 4 wins since 2005 pretty much makes you average or below average ... the last 3 in Hendrick cars ... if he can't win in the equipment those guys are giving him ... well enough said. But Hendrick is smart ... he knows he's got 2 drivers that have the potential to win the championship and he's got Earnhardt who probably is making him tons of money.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,478
    What a boring race last night

uh? hello? it's cars going in circles.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Watching the dual replay. I miss the tandem racing. This single file shit is a bore
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    I never understood the fascination
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Watching the dual replay. I miss the tandem racing. This single file shit is a bore
    F--- plate racing. Give me Bristol or Martinsville. That's racin.
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • Options
    Totally blows. Didn't get to watch a lap today. First time in years missed the duels. Have always used a vacation day.
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    What! Tell me your kidding!!!!! That was the most boring shit ever!!! Thank God that's gone!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    It's my Saturday so I got to watch both 150's. You didn't miss much.
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    What! Tell me your kidding!!!!! That was the most boring shit ever!!! Thank God that's gone!!!!!!!!!

watched pretty much the second duel. NOTHING HAPPENED. Don't think there was a single pass out side of when they had the pit stops. what a fuckin bore. i dug the tandem.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

watched pretty much the second duel. NOTHING HAPPENED. Don't think there was a single pass out side of when they had the pit stops. what a fuckin bore. i dug the tandem.

Nice wreck in the first one..but yea just fine tuning the car in these races right?
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Sunday will be different. Picked up another job bartending/serving. Of course I start on Sunday at 1. :fp:
  • Options
    Wma31394 wrote:
    i dunno, missed the first one. they said it was pretty boring until the very end.

maybe fine tuning. but i don't recall the last few years being this boring, but i don't really remember them either.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Sunday will be different. Picked up another job bartending/serving. Of course I start on Sunday at 1. :fp:

i have a sudden desire to go out to eat in wisconsin.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

You'll never find me! Milwaukee has a trillion bars.
  • Options
    81 wrote:

You'll never find me! Milwaukee has a trillion bars.

you gotta be at work at 1. means you'll leave home sometime between noon and 1. i know where you live.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Shit.
  • Options
    Truck race tonight will be the best Daytona race of the two week deal... Sure there is only handful of competitive trucks, but should still be a descent race.

Daytona and Dega are always boring to me in Cup. I really don't like to see equipment get torn up, never have.

It will never get back to the 1 mile and less tracks, but that's the breaks.

I'll go to the local dirt track to watch the good stuff..
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Options
    :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

wow....what a nasty wreck to end the nationwide race
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    Shit! missed it!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    yikes! just saw the replay...hope everyone in the stands is ok