Options

Freedom isn't Free

2»

Comments

• Options
    he is in charge of everything..healthcare as well...he dont have to know how to do the operations at hospital...
    he is leader at education,he dont have to know to teach at elemetary school..
    leader at justice,jhe dont have to be a judge at courts.....

president has to be a leader to everything ....serve or not serve the country doesnt make him less leader or less patriot...

same as generals.do u think generals know how to fire a missle from a sub marine?
    they dont,even they are 30 years at the force..
    they are there to make the calls..
    so they are next to president,tell him the facts,whats the options,and he to make the calls..

He's not supposed to be in charge of all those things, and he doesn't try to manage those things..it's not his job. That is delegated to Congress, and the Senate, and boards like the school board, etc.

If you are the General of the Air Force, then no, I don't expect you to know how to fire a missile from a submarine. But if you are General of the Navy, yes I do expect you to, and they do. They don't just join and get the top position right out the gate. They had to work their way up the ranks, they had to do things like swab the deck and, yes, even fire missiles from submarines..honestly, how different is the Greek military run that you wouldn't know that's how a General becomes a General?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    he is in charge of everything..healthcare as well...he dont have to know how to do the operations at hospital...
    he is leader at education,he dont have to know to teach at elemetary school..
    leader at justice,jhe dont have to be a judge at courts.....

president has to be a leader to everything ....serve or not serve the country doesnt make him less leader or less patriot...

same as generals.do u think generals know how to fire a missle from a sub marine?
    they dont,even they are 30 years at the force..
    they are there to make the calls..
    so they are next to president,tell him the facts,whats the options,and he to make the calls..

He's not supposed to be in charge of all those things, and he doesn't try to manage those things..it's not his job. That is delegated to Congress, and the Senate, and boards like the school board, etc.

If you are the General of the Air Force, then no, I don't expect you to know how to fire a missile from a submarine. But if you are General of the Navy, yes I do expect you to, and they do. They don't just join and get the top position right out the gate. They had to work their way up the ranks, they had to do things like swab the deck and, yes, even fire missiles from submarines..honestly, how different is the Greek military run that you wouldn't know that's how a General becomes a General?
    no,the generals dont know shit about details
    they get briefings about what a weapon can do..
    if you put them in a submarine,probably will be hard to find the exit..
    to become a general,you will atleast need like 30 years carreer...so 30 years ago the submarines that you may serve was different,same weapons same technology..
    a general has so many under him to give him the infos they need,so,when it needs,having all the infos,to make the calls,cos his rank is the one need to do it..
    experience and years of duty give you that right,and not cos you know how to pilot an F-22 or a submarine...is how military works..
    same as president..he takes all the infos from people under him,like the generals,of army,navy,airforce and give the ok to attack...
    not the president or the generals knows how to fix the missle,how to lock the target...etc..
    is how military works..everywhere..
    people do the job that people order them to do..
    and ill tell u..the pain in the ass in my job,is that people make the calls,never did my job...
    is how hierarchy is..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    The military is different from a regular job. Yes, submarines were different 30 years ago, but they didn't serve 30 years ago, take a 30 year hiatus, then get the rank of General. They were in and active, even as technology changed..Getting trained on the new equipement. It's required. Besides that, it's common sense. How can they train the new kids how to use it if they don't know how it works? Not that it matters. No matter the technology, firing a missile is firing a missile. The consequence is the same. And that is learned the same, no matter what year they were behind the weapon themselves. It's the experience that teaches you how to run a military, not knowing where every nut and screw is on a weapon built yesterday compared to one built 30 years ago.
  • Options
    The military is different from a regular job. Yes, submarines were different 30 years ago, but they didn't serve 30 years ago, take a 30 year hiatus, then get the rank of General. They were in and active, even as technology changed..Getting trained on the new equipement. It's required. Besides that, it's common sense. How can they train the new kids how to use it if they don't know how it works? Not that it matters. No matter the technology, firing a missile is firing a missile. The consequence is the same. And that is learned the same, no matter what year they were behind the weapon themselves. It's the experience that teaches you how to run a military, not knowing where every nut and screw is on a weapon built yesterday compared to one built 30 years ago.
    thats im saying..you become a general to have the balls to say fire,to start a war,to end a war to be in war..
    you dont have to fight..you make the calls

same as president...has to have the balls to make the calls..
    dont have to be a general...
    we have political system....not military to run the country,...my country,your country..
    so the politician will be presidents..no matter if serve or not..thats their job..
    let military do theirs..
    if we let military runs the country,we are fucked
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Yea but there's more to it than just making the calls. The President can't just delegate strategy to a General. He has to be involved. That's his job as the Commander of the military. Be it in a time of peace, or a time of war. There's more to it than just saying "stand down," or "take the first shot."
  • Options
    Yea but there's more to it than just making the calls. The President can't just delegate strategy to a General. He has to be involved. That's his job as the Commander of the military. Be it in a time of peace, or a time of war. There's more to it than just saying "stand down," or "take the first shot."
    strategy is something worked from alot of people..
    im sure ther president whern they attack and kill bill landen he listen the generals strategy,who get the plan and strategy from the commander of the seals,he talk the whole with generals,and the options ,then he talked with his political advisors,VP ,who ever.how this will be for the public,the scenarios what if goes wrong or right the operation,and he gave the ok..
    he did it without have a day served,just fine..as any president will do..
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    brianlux wrote:
    See what I mean? More vitriol.

Are you old enough to know what people like me who did not serve in Vietnam are like? Do you really thing all of us "hippies" spit on the vets? Do you not know that many of us supported them and still do to this day? Or do you just like spitting venom at old farts like me?
    As a fellow hippie (I wear the term proudly) who was around during the draft and knew and was friends with MANY people who served in Vietnam, I'll say that just as not every hippie was rude to the people who went to war, not every serviceman or woman was subjected to rejection or rude behavior. I'm willing to say most were not. Nobody I knew ever spoke about such treatment. The worst complaint I ever heard from some Vietnam vets was that Hollywood gets it all wrong in the movies. That was in a class I taught at a community college where about a third of my students were vets.

Not everybody who went to Vietnam was drafted, especially in the early years. I knew many people who enlisted.

Sheesh, it drives me nuts when somebody who wasn't even around tries to tell me what things were like in a situation. I wouldn't tell my parents' generation what it was like to live through the Depression. I also wouldn't presume to say what the military is like today when I have no experience with it.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    im sure ther president whern they attack and kill bill landen he listen the generals strategy,who get the plan and strategy from the commander of the seals,he talk the whole with generals,and the options ,then he talked with his political advisors,VP ,who ever.how this will be for the public,the scenarios what if goes wrong or right the operation,and he gave the ok..

Actually Obama doesn't get it just fine. He ignored his own General and now Iraq and Afghanastan are paying for it. We never should have went to war in the first place. But once you're in, you're in. It's not like they were heading to the store and decided to turn back, no harm no foul. Pulling out too soon has as heavy a consequence as going in to begin with. Iraq is failing cos we left too soon. We haven't even entirely left Afghanastan and it's already starting to fail from leaving too soon. All those troops fought for nothing. All their buddies died in vain. Had Obama served, he'd have known better.
  • Options

Actually Obama doesn't get it just fine. He ignored his own General and now Iraq and Afghanastan are paying for it. We never should have went to war in the first place. But once you're in, you're in. It's not like they were heading to the store and decided to turn back, no harm no foul. Pulling out too soon has as heavy a consequence as going in to begin with. Iraq is failing cos we left too soon. We haven't even entirely left Afghanastan and it's already starting to fail from leaving too soon. All those troops fought for nothing. All their buddies died in vain. Had Obama served, he'd have known better.
    at bill landen case he did just fine
    and i agree never should be in war in the first place..and those troops fought for nothing...cos its not your war...
    and let people from Iraq and Afghanastan to worry if their country failing..
  • Options
    As a fellow hippie (I wear the term proudly) who was around during the draft and knew and was friends with MANY people who served in Vietnam, I'll say that just as not every hippie was rude to the people who went to war, not every serviceman or woman was subjected to rejection or rude behavior. I'm willing to say most were not. Nobody I knew ever spoke about such treatment. The worst complaint I ever heard from some Vietnam vets was that Hollywood gets it all wrong in the movies. That was in a class I taught at a community college where about a third of my students were vets.

Not everybody who went to Vietnam was drafted, especially in the early years. I knew many people who enlisted.

Sheesh, it drives me nuts when somebody who wasn't even around tries to tell me what things were like in a situation. I wouldn't tell my parents' generation what it was like to live through the Depression. I also wouldn't presume to say what the military is like today when I have no experience with it.

Again, I never said A-L-L hippies. I did say hippies, simply cos the folks who did that were hippies. I also clearly stated not all who served were drafted. But thanks for putting words in my mouth. And I didn't get my view from hollywood. I got it from the vets. My dad was one who got spit on and treated like crap. And growing up, my mama worked at the VA and was a vet, and my auntie still works there..I was there at least 3 times a week. I've met my fair share of vets and more often than not I got the same story from them as from my dad. And, again, all I had to respond to at the time was what was said and it was not a very supportive or kind statement.
  • Options
    and i agree never should be in war in the first place..and those troops fought for nothing...cos its not your war...

The folks working the bin Laden case were set up by Bush 10 years ago. Not Obama.
    We shouldn't have gone into Iraq. But you say it's "not your war" we didn't go in there to free them, it wasn't for the Iraqi people so this statement makes no sense. Simply put we just never should have went, period. Regarding Afghanastan. We should have went cos the Taliban waged war when they attacked us and that is where the Taliban is. We went about it wrong, but we should have went there. And yes, it is our war. It was our towers they attacked, our citizen's they murdered, our right to go after the bastards.

"let the people from Iraq and Afghanastan worry if their country is failing"...wow..have you no heart for those innocent people being taken over, slaughtered, and their human rights being trampled? What's more, as the General said, it's not right we went in then leave them hanging to end up in a worse situation than they were in before. You just don't do that. Anyone who has served knows this. It's a prime example of why you should have to serve before leading a military. It's also one thing I don't get about the anti-war crowd. You are against war because you claim you don't want all the murdering and human rights are violated...What exactly do you think was going on in these countries before the war?
  • Options

The folks working the bin Laden case were set up by Bush 10 years ago. Not Obama.
    We shouldn't have gone into Iraq. But you say it's "not your war" we didn't go in there to free them, it wasn't for the Iraqi people so this statement makes no sense. Simply put we just never should have went, period. Regarding Afghanastan. We should have went cos the Taliban waged war when they attacked us and that is where the Taliban is. We went about it wrong, but we should have went there. And yes, it is our war. It was our towers they attacked, our citizen's they murdered, our right to go after the bastards.

"let the people from Iraq and Afghanastan worry if their country is failing"...wow..have you no heart for those innocent people being taken over, slaughtered, and their human rights being trampled? What's more, as the General said, it's not right we went in then leave them hanging to end up in a worse situation than they were in before. You just don't do that. Anyone who has served knows this. It's a prime example of why you should have to serve before leading a military. It's also one thing I don't get about the anti-war crowd. You are against war because you claim you don't want all the murdering and human rights are violated...What exactly do you think was going on in these countries before the war?
    1st of all,the taliban attack us,is a statement with no proof..
    taliban hiding there..is no proof
    with your logic if america thinks someone hiding in a country,must attack the whole coyntry?
    all has to do with oil business,and water business in the area,same as opiom
    and now to human rights and the world peacemaker theory..
    who invite you at those countries to help them??
    did the people of avganistan vote they want you to save them??
    and you must to decide..
    you went to avganistan to help the poor that they dying from local tyrans
    for give them their human right
    or to find the talibans they attack you..?

lets be honest..
    those countries are messed up...fucked up countries..we all know that
    America is an emperor..do what all the emperors did in the past..
    want to rule the whole world..i get it..
    and there are different ways to do it..
    create a coup is number 1..if that dont go well,they sent troops..
    they can find any reason they want.nuclear weapons,talibans hiding,,blah blah..

Russia did the same shit to avganistan..
    history repeats..

as for bil laden,i guess your problem is that obama was at office and took over all the glory,and not if he did the job well..
    cos like it or not..job done just fine
    number 1 target -enemy of USA is dead,...while obama was at office..
    its a fact

and please.dont make me a lecture if i have no heart...
    my comments-posts-acts proove this over the years here in the forum,and even better the way i choose to live my life..
  • Options
    statement of no proof?? all about oil??
    So 2 planes flown deliberately into our towers, and a plane flown into the pentagon with a 4th plane attempting to do the same...that was not an attack????

God I hate conspiracy theorists.

Obama took all the glory for what hundreds of people arranged and accomplished. Then he allowed film makers access to secrets they had no business knowing, and a woman's career is destroyed because of it. That is not a leader.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    So 2 planes flown deliberately into our towers, and a plane flown into the pentagon with a 4th plane attempting to do the same...that was not an attack????

Obama took all the glory for what hundreds of people arranged and accomplished. Then he allowed film makers access to secrets they had no business knowing, and a woman's career is destroyed because of it. That is not a leader.

That is some funny shit
    Bet you also believe we never put a man on the moon
    You also probably believe the U.S. govt was behind 9/11
    And of course you also believe in ZOG and The New World Order
  • Options

ofcourse was an attack...who said the ones did it hiding in avganistan is the thing,and why to sent troops there..who convinced you that avganistan have them there?
    the same people said that iraq has nuclear weapons??

and as for obama..you see now??
    generals...presidents..take all the glory that hundrends work or give even their lifes for it...
    but..its their call..they give the final go..
    the leader gave the order for kill laden...
    he could say get him alive,or slap him...
    he made the call...at his watch at office this happened..his glory
    is how things are..

and i dont hate anyone..i have heart.. ;)
  • Options

That is some funny shit

He did. They flatly acknowledged it. Both the White House, and the filmmakers said they were allowed access to certain information. I'm not just assuming. They said it themselves. Both parties have been rather open about it all along. It's not exactly a big secret.
  • Options

That is some funny shit

He did. They flatly acknowledged it. Both the White House, and the filmmakers said they were allowed access to certain information. I'm not just assuming. They said it themselves. Both parties have been rather open about it all along. It's not exactly a big secret.

You're making a big deal out of nothing. They gave them some info but no state secrets.
    its not some big govt conspiracy
  • Options
    I didn't say it was a big Government conspiracy. It is a big deal that he let them find out about some of the torture. I understand progressives don't find it to be a big deal, but others do.
  • Options
    I didn't say it was a big Government conspiracy. It is a big deal that he let them find out about some of the torture. I understand progressives don't find it to be a big deal, but others do.

What is your evidence that "HE" disseminated that specific bit of information?
  • Options
    They requested the access, he approved it. He said as much..none of this is a secret. He, like the progressives, doesn't take issue with it. That's your right not to be bothered. Just like it's my right to be bothered.
  • Options
    They requested the access, he approved it. He said as much..none of this is a secret. He, like the progressives, doesn't take issue with it. That's your right not to be bothered. Just like it's my right to be bothered.

As someone who felt it when the plane hit the Pentagon I am okay with it
    As someone who drove by the Pentagon 10 minutes after the plane hit and saw the builiding in flames I am okay with it
    As someone who atended multiple funerals for police and fireman who died on 9/11 I'm okay with it
    As someone who knows that most of the "torture" occured during the Cheney?Rove regime I am okay with it

I also do no believe for one minute that the RFI went all the way up to the boss for approval

You can believe it all you want :fp:
  • Options

ofcourse was an attack...who said the ones did it hiding in avganistan is the thing,and why to sent troops there..who convinced you that avganistan have them there?
    the same people said that iraq has nuclear weapons??

and as for obama..you see now??
    generals...presidents..take all the glory that hundrends work or give even their lifes for it...
    but..its their call..they give the final go..
    the leader gave the order for kill laden...
    he could say get him alive,or slap him...
    he made the call...at his watch at office this happened..his glory
    is how things are..

and i dont hate anyone..i have heart.. ;)

Iraq was b.s., but the CIA knew the Taliban was in Afghanastan, as did folks in Afghanastan. Everyone knew that's where the Taliban was..it wasn't secret..
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,725
    brianlux wrote:
    See what I mean? More vitriol.

Are you old enough to know what people like me who did not serve in Vietnam are like? Do you really thing all of us "hippies" spit on the vets? Do you not know that many of us supported them and still do to this day? Or do you just like spitting venom at old farts like me?

You said "Any president today that did not serve in the military in any war since then at least knew enough to avoid wars that we unjustifiable."

That is not a supportive statement. That is like saying my daddy wasn't smart cos he didn't manage to avoid serving in Korea when his number came up. He was one that got spit on. All I had to go on was what you, yourself, said. And I never said all hippies.

Regardless, it doesn't change the original point. The other poster said to name one recent president who served. So I named 10.

OK, that's cool. Hey, at least I'm not an old fart ... not yet anyway... :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux wrote:
    OK, that's cool. Hey, at least I'm not an old fart ... not yet anyway... :lol:

lol