Options

2012 Oslo Poster

Comments

• Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    Hey messenger, how attached to that Firehouse Playing card are you? I'd give you some CRAZY shit for one!!!!!!
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    pjtaper wrote:
    Hey messenger, how attached to that Firehouse Playing card are you? I'd give you some CRAZY shit for one!!!!!!

HAHA I'll PM you about it to not derail the thread. :D
  • Options
    lastchild11lastchild11 Posts: 1,282
    edited July 2012
    :clap:
    Post edited by lastchild11 on
    Dallas TX 10/17/00
    Oklahoma City 4/3/03
    Dallas TX 6/9/03
    Memphis TN 6/20/09 (Eddie)
    Kansas City MO 4/3/10
    Little Rock AR 8/28/10 (Eddie, WM3 rally)
    St Louis MO 7/1/11 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/18/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/19/12 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/13
    Oklahoma City 11/16/13
    Tulsa OK 10/8/14
    St Louis MO 9/18/22
    Oklahoma City 9/20/22
    Ft Worth TX 9/13/23
    Ft Worth TX 9/15/23

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    pretty cool, i like (probably 2nd fav poster from the euro tour so far)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Lukin19Lukin19 We The North Posts: 505
    No one minds you having an opinion. Your post just didn't necessarily make sense to people. It was kind of cryptic.[/quote]
    Yeah, I'm thrilled when people like to talk
    art... I'm just puzzled, this is completely different than the Vedder... I could think of other Sperry prints it reminds me of, sure,
    Chuck has a style, but that Vedder is QUITE different... :corn:[/quote]

Sorry! I must of missed it in the forum rules where it said " have to have the same opinion about art as pjtaper "

How dare I disagree with he of over 200 Sperry prints.
    I guess I can't comment on his art because I don't own his gallery like you do. Lol!

And I never said I didn't like it.
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,266
    Best poster of the tour so far, lot of metallic paint in it.
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    Lukin19 wrote:
    No one minds you having an opinion. Your post just didn't necessarily make sense to people. It was kind of cryptic.
    art... I'm just puzzled, this is completely different than the Vedder... I could think of other Sperry prints it reminds me of, sure,
    Chuck has a style, but that Vedder is QUITE different... :corn:[/quote]

Sorry! I must of missed it in the forum rules where it said " have to have the same opinion about art as pjtaper "

I guess I can't comment on his art because I don't own his gallery like you do. Lol!

And I never said I didn't like it.[/quote]
    huh? cmon dude, nobody is saying anything like that... and I probably have over 300 :fp:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    Lukin19 wrote:

And I never said I didn't like it.
    :? Dude... did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? No one is shitting on you or anything (not even a little bit). They're just expressing that they don't have the same point of view. So I'm just assuming your overreaction must be about your general mood this afternoon! :D
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
    pjtaper wrote:
    Lukin19 wrote:
    No one minds you having an opinion. Your post just didn't necessarily make sense to people. It was kind of cryptic.
    Chuck has a style, but that Vedder is QUITE different... :corn:

Taper I agree with you 100% anout Squirt. Unfortunately you cannot have the same conversations about art on here as you can over on ebeans...

Anyway what's up when are you gonna sell me the McCarthy "To build a Fire"

Pm me

And I never said I didn't like it.[/quote]
    huh? cmon dude, nobody is saying anything like that... and I probably have over 300 :fp:[/quote]
    This too shall pass.....
  • Options
    5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
    pjtaper wrote:
    My grail.....
    This too shall pass.....
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
  • Options
    anyone find any pictures of the print from people that have it in their possession?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,850
    Chuck Sperry vs Chris Shaw Pearl Jam Oslo '12 print is on sale right now over @ http://chucksperry.net/2012/07/pearl-ja ... hris-shaw/

$80 dollars including shipping.
  • Options
    Sold Out!
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    Got mine! Thanks for posting, D.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs wrote:

did you end up getting the Copenhagen one?? I know you were trying hardcore for that? Just curious how you made out.

Congrats to all who got Oslo. Wasn't trying for this one myself.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    benjs wrote:

did you end up getting the Copenhagen one?? I know you were trying hardcore for that? Just curious how you made out.

Unfortunately, I didn't... I kept getting to the page with "Pay with PayPal" then the site would crash. By the time I had one in my PayPal cart, I was notified it was no longer available.

I'm not too upset though - great art is always being created, and I'm fortunate enough to have a good-sized collection of it, which now includes my first Chuck Sperry print :D

I think I noticed that you missed out as well?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    benjs wrote:

Unfortunately, I didn't... I kept getting to the page with "Pay with PayPal" then the site would crash. By the time I had one in my PayPal cart, I was notified it was no longer available.

I'm not too upset though - great art is always being created, and I'm fortunate enough to have a good-sized collection of it, which now includes my first Chuck Sperry print :D

Yup. I actually got through the checkout process and thought I had successfully bought one.
    Sadly Maxx oversold AGAIN and mine was one of the sales that was refunded as a result. :( I was sooo bummed as I LOVE this print and I got shut out on another print that I LOVE (chewbacca queen) a week or so earlier.
    I'm fortunate to have a decent sized collection with some awesome prints myself.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    benjs wrote:

Yup. I actually got through the checkout process and thought I had successfully bought one.
    Sadly Maxx oversold AGAIN and mine was one of the sales that was refunded as a result. :( I was sooo bummed as I LOVE this print and I got shut out on another print that I LOVE (chewbacca queen) a week or so earlier.
    I'm fortunate to have a decent sized collection with some awesome prints myself.
    Sorry to hear that!

Here's hoping that you can get one through the 10c sale :)

I was really attracted to Chewie Queen as well, but at $200 I just couldn't justify it. Plus the fact that I missed the on-sale :lol:

EV
  • Options
    JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    This Sperry/Shaw print is pretty awesome looking! Who scored one?
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I dig the variant.

IS.php?id=204774
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,266
    I dig the variant.

IS.php?id=204774
    Wtf, did they have that? Bought my at the show....

Link please.
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I dig the variant.

IS.php?id=204774

Link please.
    It was posted over at EB under the poster comments. Unless this is the same poster but shows up different in the picture due to the metallic inks? IDK.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    I dig the variant.

IS.php?id=204774

Link please.
    It was posted over at EB under the poster comments. Unless this is the same poster but shows up different in the picture due to the metallic inks? IDK.
    I'm wondering if that may be the case.

EV
  • Options
    I dig the variant.

IS.php?id=204774

Link please.

There was no word on a variant.
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    found this baby at my door when I got home and boy do the colors and metalics jump out at you when looking at it up close and in person. Another gem Sperry!! I truly hope the 10c sells show versions of this so everyone can get one and appreciate it

2mpfnrn.jpg
  • Options
    found this baby at my door when I got home and boy do the colors and metalics jump out at you when looking at it up close and in person. Another gem Sperry!! I truly hope the 10c sells show versions of this so everyone can get one and appreciate it

2mpfnrn.jpg

Sweet!! Did you receive a tracking number on the package?
  • Options
    JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    Such a beautiful print!
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    demetrios wrote:

2mpfnrn.jpg

I did D, back on 7/17 via service@paypal email from Squirt
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

2mpfnrn.jpg

I did D, back on 7/17 via service@paypal email from Squirt

I wonder if CDN orders don't get a tracking number though I don't remember getting one for his Pearl Jam South America print he did last year