Options

***The Official Boxing Thread**

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,476
    hector "macho" camacho most likely brain dead.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/86 ... uerto-rico

I'm not a huge boxing fan, but during my early years in vegas I used to go to some pretty big (tho not heavyweight) fights at caesars palace. back then, I think I may have paid $25-50 for a ticket. I remember seeing camacho, bobby chacon, danny lopez, greg haugen, leon spinks, ray mancini and guys like that. I'll bet most of them are pretty messed up these days :oops:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    imalive wrote:
    hector "macho" camacho most likely brain dead.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/86 ... uerto-rico

I'm not a huge boxing fan, but during my early years in vegas I used to go to some pretty big (tho not heavyweight) fights at caesars palace. back then, I think I may have paid $25-50 for a ticket. I remember seeing camacho, bobby chacon, danny lopez, greg haugen, leon spinks, ray mancini and guys like that. I'll bet most of them are pretty messed up these days :oops:

Sad sad story. He did put himself into the position but it's still saddening.
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    My right hand has a first name...it's P.E.D.S, PEDS!

You're welcome Marquez

Love,
    Drugs
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    who won?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    who won?

Barry Bonds...er I mean Marquez knocked Manny out cold in what was probably the best fight of the last 3 years.
    It was a war
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Heisenberg wrote:
    81 wrote:
    who won?

Barry Bonds...er I mean Marquez knocked Manny out cold in what was probably the best fight of the last 3 years.
    It was a war

hopefully hbo re airs it in the coming week
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    81 wrote:
    who won?

It was a war

hopefully hbo re airs it in the coming week

They are. Before the Donaire fight next Saturday
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:

They are. Before the Donaire fight next Saturday

cool....thanks....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    My right hand has a first name...it's P.E.D.S, PEDS!

You're welcome Marquez

Love,
    Drugs

I did not expect to see Manny laying on his face, i fully expected another 12 rounds and the judges to screw it up again. hmmmmm loaded handwraps and P.E.D's?
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    699348134-4.gif?w=320&h=180
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Pacquiao leaned into Marquez and he caught him flush with his right hand. Went down like a bag of potatoes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... JBoLrYDWFE
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    What an incredible fight. Did that knock out remind anyone else of what Pacquiao did to Hatton? What a punch. That was a lot of fun.

Gotta wonder where Manny goes from here.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    What an incredible fight. Did that knock out remind anyone else of what Pacquiao did to Hatton? What a punch. That was a lot of fun.

he was asking for fight 5 :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

he was asking for fight 5 :fp:

Yeah, Arum is already talking about a 5. Tough to recover from a hit like that though.

I can' t imagine they would put Manny in the ring with Rios after that. 5 seems like the most logial fight.

Maybe Floyd will actually fight him now that he has lost a couple..... :lol::lol::lol: Yeah, right.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Someone should let Manny know that the planking fad phased out about a year ago.

:fp:
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    Someone should let Manny know that the planking fad phased out about a year ago.

:fp:

:lol:
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Larry merchant is an asshole

didnt he just retire? i liked his analysis
  • Options
    davidtrios wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, he did. He was good for the sport and I don't know exactly what this was about, probably when he was trying to force Floyd to apologize to him on TV rather than talking about the fight he just finished.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    davidtrios wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I always liked him because his interviews were filled with unpredictable unintentional comedy from a pure perspective of a train wreck. There also was a slight chance that one of the boxers he was insulting in post-fight interview could pop his head into the tenth row with a quick uppercut at any moment.
  • Options
    Going to see Adrien Broner fight in AC next month. Pretty pumped
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Thats awesome. "The Problem" is a great boxer. If that guy keeps going the way he's going, we will be talking about him being the best pound for pound in the world very soon.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Bummer that the Seth Mitchell fight on the undercard got cancelled.
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Bummer that the Seth Mitchell fight on the undercard got cancelled.

Yeah, I would have liked to see that big ass dude fight. Great night though. Boardwalk Hall is a cool spot for a fight. Broner is awesome. Rees did what he could and had the crowd behind him for a little while. So hungover
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Broner vs Malignaggi? Seems like a huge jump for Broner and too risky. Would probably win, but I don't know about jumping two weight classes at this point
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Broner vs Malignaggi? Seems like a huge jump for Broner and too risky

Broner is the kid from cincy right? caught his last two fights. kid is good. don't know the other guy.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Broner vs Malignaggi? Seems like a huge jump for Broner and too risky

Broner is the kid from cincy right? caught his last two fights. kid is good. don't know the other guy.

Yeah, real good. Next big thing. Other guy is from Brooklyn, older, good career, but a lot bigger.

Both are some serious shit talkers though, so that would be fun.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Broner vs Malignaggi? Seems like a huge jump for Broner and too risky. Would probably win, but I don't know about jumping two weight classes at this point

Really!?! Hadn't heard that. That is a HUGE jump for Broner in size. I still think he will crush Pauli though. Broner is essentially a young Floyd only with power and a heart.
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Really!?! Hadn't heard that. That is a HUGE jump for Broner in size. I still think he will crush Pauli though. Broner is essentially a young Floyd only with power and a heart.

Not definite. I hear you and agree, just a risky jump.

Hopkins looking fucking good