Options

*** Astoria Fanviews 4/20 Here ***

edwhoedwho Posts: 811
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Set 1: World Wide Suicide, Life Wasted, Severed Hand, Unemployable, Gone, Even Flow, Sad, I Am Mine, Insignificance, Army Reserve, Present Tense, Better Man, Marker In The Sand, Do The Evolution, Why Go

1st encore: Man Of The Hour, Given To Fly, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Porch

2nd encore: Comatose, Leaving Here, Yellow Ledbetter

3rd encore: Alive

Please post your Fanview if you were in attendance.

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    What’s a Fanview?

A FanView is an exclusive Message Pit thread for fans that attend a concert and want to share their experience with fans that could not.

Does a FanView need to be certain length?

No, your FanView can be one word “AWESOME,” a few lines or a short story.

What if I’m not a great speller or the best at grammar?

Don’t worry about this, do the best you can. The Grammar Police take a holiday for these types of threads. Trust me, I speak from experience.

I have a couple incredibly interesting comments on the show -- but I wasn’t there -- should I go ahead and post them here anyway?

No, this thread is reserved for the lucky fans that attend the concert.

I need to ask a question about the concert -- but I wasn’t there. Should I ask it here?

No, I’m trying for pure Fanviews from the fans who attend the concert.

Are you a Ten Club member? Consider posting your member number and seat location with your Fanview.

A FanView can include but is not limited to such things as your description of Pearl Jams set, the opening bands set, what it took or how you got to the show, how was the pre-party, what did you do after the show, how did you feel?

Thanks for sharing, edwho

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    WOOOHOOOOOOO!

It was my first show ever and what better way to kick off this year's tour plans than with a tiny club gig in London!

The whole day was just great. We arrived in London at around 2pm, went to the Royal George and met loads of cool people from all over Europe. Started queueing (sp?) around 4pm, met some super cool people. The Australian and his Irish friend were just hilarious, and they snuck into the building and stumbled into the band's dressing room!! Lucky bastards!!

The show itself was spectacular, we started out in the third row but it was pretty darn hectic so we moved back a bit. As much as i like to say that i'm a bit bored of 'Ten', the show only really took off when they kicked into Even Flow. Seeing the entire floor jump in unison when it kicked in was something i'll never forget. The roar was just deafening!!

The new songs sounded great. Got to the first encore break and i was a little worried that i wouldn't hear Comatose, but they didn't disappoint and they totally nailed it (apart from Mike fuckin' up the intro, which he admitted himself!)

The ONLY thing i regret is moving back in the crowd during Severed Hand. It's my favourite on the new album and i have little memory of it at the Astoria because we were trying to find a place in the crowd where we could breathe!

It was an awesome first show for me, can't wait for the other Euro shows!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    I am still gutted I missed this gig. 

It was my last day at work in a job I didn't like very much working in a team I didn't particularly enjoy being a part of.

The tickets went onsale at 9am and I was trying to get some when they came over to give me my leaving present and say a few words.

I said "But I'm trying to get these tickets..." and the manager said "They'll still be there in ten minutes." 

I knew they wouldn't be and by the time I got back to my computer, they were up on eBay for £2000 a pair.

Seeing them at Shepherds Bush went a long way to making up for it, but I was desperate to go to this gig. 
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,390
    Awesome to see this thread bumped!  This was my first PJ show, and what a great intro to touring life!  The crowd was sick, never seen people go so crazy as they did when Even Flow started.  The damn floor was shaking.

I remember being on the phone to 10c the night before to get the first dibs on tickets they were offering early and I was devastated when I missed out.  For some reason, I figured I'd have a better chance at the general sale the next morning if I stayed up all night haha!  I refreshed at 08:59 and tickets were there, and managed to be done by the time 9am hit!  It was so smooth, I kept thinking I'd done it wrong and didn't actually have the tickets!

I ran out into the rain and started dancing like a madman haha. Oh, to be 20 again :)
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    JimNasticsJimNastics Posts: 679
    The bumps have sadly become rarer, but these two are threads I often come back to to relive the excitement:

It is still a top 5 night of my whole life, I get goosebumps just thinking about it. 2006 was one hell of a year, the buzz around Avocado was fantastic.

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,963
    I was on the rail for the first time here. It all felt so unreal.  A wonderful small gig the likes of which will never happen again
    Thanks for the memories
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    It still pains me that I had to sit this one out. It looked like one of the all time great PJ shows.

But it did make it to Shepherds Bush three years later, so I did make up for it there. 
  • Options
    Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 835
    The Rock said:
    Awesome to see this thread bumped!  This was my first PJ show, and what a great intro to touring life!  The crowd was sick, never seen people go so crazy as they did when Even Flow started.  The damn floor was shaking.

I remember being on the phone to 10c the night before to get the first dibs on tickets they were offering early and I was devastated when I missed out.  For some reason, I figured I'd have a better chance at the general sale the next morning if I stayed up all night haha!  I refreshed at 08:59 and tickets were there, and managed to be done by the time 9am hit!  It was so smooth, I kept thinking I'd done it wrong and didn't actually have the tickets!

I ran out into the rain and started dancing like a madman haha. Oh, to be 20 again :)
    I had similar experience trying to get tickets....Completely missed out on the whole ringing the club thing so I had to make it to work in Leicester (1 hour 20 min drive every day back then) before 8.45.... I logged in refreshed a few times , straight in and so smooth... I was in shock I had to print the confirmation off to double check!!  I can still remember my drive to work and the minutes after... In fact, I've got a better memory of that than I have of any of the songs after Fatal on Tuesday just gone....!

Think it was around that time I got tickets for The Who at Brighton Centre too...