Options

Pearl Jam makes me...sick

skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
edited October 2011 in The Porch
sick I tell you!!!!...I just turned my cable on so I could watch them on PBS. I am a sick ....you see how sick they've made me????? I do sick things for Pearl Jam....stupid television!

sad part is it's not the first time I've turned my cable on for Pearl Jam....I'm going to hell now... :?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    I think you mean you ordered cable just so you could watch PJ Twenty? Is that right? Yep, you're sick all right. :D

As far as I know, there's no cure either.

x
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Kat wrote:
    I think you mean you ordered cable just so you could watch PJ Twenty? Is that right? Yep, you're sick all right. :D

x
    yes Kat, that's what I meant but I'm too sick to think straight! :lol:
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    Infected like Cready
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    nothing heals a sickness like the healing power of force of Pearl Jam. Feel better Sharon

and Kat: what is your avatar? I've been wanting to know for some time now!
  • Options
    nothing heals a sickness like the healing power of force of Pearl Jam. Feel better Sharon
    thanks! I may feel better basking in the glow of Pearl Jam...but television is gonna make me stupider! Kat says this sickness is known to be incurable. I guess I will be sick and stupid!!!!! Wow I'm feeling better already... :shock: ;)
  • Options
    hey i hope you aren't knocking PBS.
  • Options
    hey i hope you aren't knocking PBS.
    never...the rest of the commercial filled garbage that pollutes the brains of our society.
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    edited September 2011
    sick all right

right there next to you

i think we should all have a huge PBS PJ20 party in your living room
    Post edited by StillHere on
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    StillHere wrote:

ummmm... a cat? as in Kat? cat? Kat... : ;)

oh $hit, i see it now. i thought it was smoke/pollution filling the sky. These eyes are getting old aren't they?!
  • Options
    StillHere wrote:

ummmm... a cat? as in Kat? cat? Kat... : ;)

oh $hit, i see it now. i thought it was smoke/pollution filling the sky. These eyes are getting old aren't they?!

lol! i think my eyes are prob older than yours and i did OK..excuses excuses :lol:
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    sick I tell you!!!!...I just turned my cable on so I could watch them on PBS. I am a sick ....you see how sick they've made me????? I do sick things for Pearl Jam....stupid television!

sad part is it's not the first time I've turned my cable on for Pearl Jam....I'm going to hell now... :?

You'll be in good company! Just one question: how did you find out about this PBS broadcasting? Did the club post it somewhere, and I missed it?
    Thank you! I'll be sure to watch it!
    PJ-VA Beach 6/17/08
    PJ-Philly 10/30-31/09
    PJ-NYC 5/20-21/10
    PJ20-East Troy 9/3-4/11
    EV-Washington, DC 8/17/08
    EV-Baltimore 6/15/09
    EV-Philly 6/25/11
    EV-Orlando 11/27-28/12
    PJ-Wrigley 7/19/13
    PJ-Brooklyn 10/18-19/2013
    PJ-Charlottesville 10/29/2013
  • Options
    how the heck did THAT happen??? ^^^
    peace,
    jo

• Options
    thanks! I may feel better basking in the glow of Pearl Jam...but television is gonna make me stupider! Kat says this sickness is known to be incurable. I guess I will be sick and stupid!!!!! Wow I'm feeling better already... :shock: ;)

what you need is a new album and a good tour...fix ya right up
    peace,
    jo

• Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    I thought it was the lentil-pistachio-red onion concoction from the salad bar. Apparently it's entirely PJ's fault.

I agree with Jo, I need me a dose of live PJ if there's any hope for recovery.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options

You'll be in good company! Just one question: how did you find out about this PBS broadcasting? Did the club post it somewhere, and I missed it?
    I think I saw it here first viewtopic.php?f=4&t=156709&hilit=PJ20+PBS

StillHere wrote:

what you need is a new album and a good tour...fix ya right up
    and you may be right....oh and about the PJ20 PBS party in my living room...um...does 2 constitute a party because it's small... :lol:
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    haha first time i've turned on the tv AND used the HD feature (thank god this wasnt a month were i said "f the cable bill" which i do frequently)...Im breaking all kinds of rules.. I always thought HD was bullshit until seeing pj20 hd made my bits tingle!
  • Options
    mzklvspjmzklvspj Chicago Posts: 55
    I almost did the same thing... I don't beleive in cable but almost ordered it for PJ. I opted to buy the DVD intead and wait until I get it. We are going to have an all day PJ Party in our PJs.... Hours and Hours of PJ!!! (We are going to watch all the DVDs back to back) Popcorn and well a few other treats ;) . Nice way to cap off this PJ summer since we could NOT get screening tickets in Chicago!
  • Options
    No cable? I don't think so. I have football to watch people!!
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772

It's my shadow kitty and it's never happened again. She was sitting in the window enjoying the sunshine and her shadow was on the door. I grabbed my camera just hoping she wouldn't move and got the shot. Whew!
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Kat wrote:

It's my shadow kitty and it's never happened again. She was sitting in the window enjoying the sunshine and her shadow was on the door. I grabbed my camera just hoping she wouldn't move and got the shot. Whew!

hauntingly cool. Thank you for sharing
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Did you also have to buy a TV? :lol::lol:

Also check out Palladia to get your money's worth, they've been showing Foo Fighter's Back and Forth which would also have been worth getting cable for.
  • Options
    Kat wrote:

As far as I know, there's no cure either.

x

Ditto...no cure! :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Li
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,629
    Can't you get PBS with just a plain old antenna? P stands for public.
  • Options
    CareyCarey Posts: 2,361

http://www.twofeetthick.com/2011/05/pj2 ... ir-on-pbs/
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • Options
    skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    edited October 2011
    Post edited by skyeriverwinter on
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    The UK has recently switched to an all digital TV signal, and I haven't upgraded my kit - either out of principle or due to laziness - I cannot decide which. So currently, my TV just shows black when I turn it on (the colour, not the Pearl Jam song)

So I am in the opposite boat to you Skye - maybe I need a similar incentive...... I will upgrade when the BBC broadcasts PJ20!!!
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Suziemay wrote:
    Did you also have to buy a TV? :lol::lol:

Also check out Palladia to get your money's worth, they've been showing Foo Fighter's Back and Forth which would also have been worth getting cable for.
    HUGE +1 for the Foo Fighter's Back & Forth...It's a GREAT documentary!!!

AND while we're talking about Palladia...DON'T MISS

The VH1 STORYTELLERS (they run the HD version on Palladia) featuring

My Morning Jacket

It is AMAZING.

I keep hoping that one day, they'll air Malfunkshun on Palladia TOO!! :ugeek:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,721
    Go Beavers wrote:
    Can't you get PBS with just a plain old antenna? P stands for public.

I do... via a converter box.. but oh, the trouble. If I were smart, I get "sick" too! :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.