Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    "take Rick to the up up up". what the serious fuck is that? I can understand if they are minimalist speakers, but that just made them sound simple and devolved.

I thought that episode was pretty bad.

I'm guessing Morgan kills that asshole and gets his special stick back.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    edited February 2017

"take Rick to the up up up". what the serious fuck is that? I can understand if they are minimalist speakers, but that just made them sound simple and devolved.

I know. That's why I thought the trash group was from a mental health facility or developmentally challenged group or something.

It was pretty stupid of Morgan to tell everyone that the stick was special to him and he really wanted it back, blah blah blah. That just made them want to take it that much more.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options

I know. That's why I thought the trash group was from a mental health facility or developmentally challenged group or something.

It was pretty stupid of Morgan to tell everyone that the stick was special to him and he really wanted it back, blah blah blah. That just made them want to take it that much more.
    yeah, but I think this may be forshadowing to Morgan going back to his violent ways, realizing that his diplomatic approach simply does not work. EVER.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747

yeah, but I think this may be forshadowing to Morgan going back to his violent ways, realizing that his diplomatic approach simply does not work. EVER.
    I sure hope so because Morgan is the most annoying character on this show right now. Hopefully he gets killed or goes back to being a badass.
  • Options

I sure hope so because Morgan is the most annoying character on this show right now. Hopefully he gets killed or goes back to being a badass.
    ^This!

The group needs to be a group again and people need to stop going rogue.

I can't wait to see if the O'side girls join in?
  • Options

there always seems to be one douche in the group. for a while, it was Farmer Rick. before that, it was Annoying Coral/Carl. And before that, Idiot Lori. Now it's Morgan. he needs to kick some zombie ass with that stick of his.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    edited February 2017
    I don't know how many more seasons I can take of this show. It was my favorite (after Breaking Bad ended anyway) but is too repetitive and predictable with more lameness thrown in.
    We all know how this season is going to go. Tara goes to girl village and risks being killed by them to plea for guns and help. They eventually agree. As pointed out Morgan will realize along the way violence is the answer, and will convince Carol too.
    Negan gets killed in a bloody battle where Rick and the remaining original cast members survive, since they already killed Glen this season.

Carol has always kinda rubbed me the wrong way, but after her departure I just wait for her to get eaten up, she's more lame now than ever with her "I want to live peacefully in this zombie apocalyptic world."

Next season: Something goes wrong with Alexandria, move to new location. Repeat season 6&7 (or 1&2, or 3&4, whichever you wish), but give bad guy different name and kill 1 more main character. Only surprise is who is it going to be?
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

I don't know how many more seasons I can take of this show. It was my favorite (after Breaking Bad ended anyway) but is too repetitive and predictable with more lameness thrown in.
    We all know how this season is going to go. Tara goes to girl village and risks being killed by them to plea for guns and help. They eventually agree. As pointed out Morgan will realize along the way violence is the answer, and will convince Carol too.
    Negan gets killed in a bloody battle where Rick and the remaining original cast members survive, since they already killed Glen this season.

Carol has always kinda rubbed me the wrong way, but after her departure I just wait for her to get eaten up, she's more lame now than ever with her "I want to live peacefully in this zombie apocalyptic world."

Next season: Something goes wrong with Alexandria, move to new location. Repeat season 6&7 (or 1&2, or 3&4, whichever you wish), but give bad guy different name and kill 1 more main character. Only surprise is who is it going to be?

I'll admit I don't get the "excitement heebie jeebies" when Sunday night rolls around anymore. Used to be my favourite show.

there are, however, some pretty cool things coming up post-Negan in the comics. I won't spoil it for anyone, but I just hope they don't seriously fuck it up like they did with the Wolves; massive build up, massive let-down. they could have done so much with that group. they were foreshadowing that group with the W's on the walker heads and carved into trees for weeks, possibly even a season prior. And it ended up being a load of ZERO. I was not happy with that.

the thing is, when my buddy who reads the comics tells me about something in the comics, and how cool it is, by the time it hits the show, it comes off as cheesy. they just can't have the gore accompany the content to de-cheese it. when I first heard of Ezekiel and the tiger, I was like "WTF?". Now it just comes off as really lame. Same with Jesus. He sounded like such a cool character. In the show, he's just another guy with a stupid name that doesn't seem to even make sense.

Negan is the best thing to happen to this show in a long time, and half the episodes he's not even on. :anguished:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Show Negan blows ass.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

Show Negan blows ass.

care to translate? :lol:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

DewieCox said:

Show Negan blows ass.

Negan, as portrayed by Jeffrey Dean Morgan, is bad.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    DewieCox said:

DewieCox said:

Show Negan blows ass.

what? I fucking love JDM as Negan.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

DewieCox said:

DewieCox said:

Show Negan blows ass.

what? I fucking love JDM as Negan.
    Agreed. Jeffrey Dean Morgan is awesome as Negan.
  • Options
    I just don't think the character translates to tv as well.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

You have to be able to separate the show from the comic, if you can't then the show will never live up to expectations.

I understand and LIKE that the comic is different from the show. I like that it's not story for story.
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    mace1229 said:

With all due respect, how could it be different? Should they end the show? Admittedly I am not very creative so maybe there is another direction the show could take. Any ideas? (No spoilers please, i.e. the comics).
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options

mace1229 said:

With all due respect, how could it be different? Should they end the show? Admittedly I am not very creative so maybe there is another direction the show could take. Any ideas? (No spoilers please, i.e. the comics).
    They probably should end the show in the next 2-3 seasons. I know nothing about the comics except that they are still going.....not sure if there is an end in sight for the comic. But hopefully they end the show before it goes on wayyyy too long.
  • Options

there always seems to be one douche in the group. for a while, it was Farmer Rick. before that, it was Annoying Coral/Carl. And before that, Idiot Lori. Now it's Morgan. he needs to kick some zombie ass with that stick of his.
    The preacher is the most annoying character in my opinion. Carl is a close second.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

The preacher is the most annoying character in my opinion. Carl is a close second.
    true. CORAL!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

mace1229 said:

Yeah I have one. Actually rebuild a city and come together to get rid of the walkers and try and find a cure.

I love seeing them fight walkers, not so much finding another town with a more deranged than the last leader...
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Is it me or is the writing this year really bad? The dialogue is laughable.
    The higher ups desperately needs to call Frank Darabont back and offer him a blank check to come back and work on this show.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

DewieCox said:

You have to be able to separate the show from the comic, if you can't then the show will never live up to expectations.

I understand and LIKE that the comic is different from the show. I like that it's not story for story.
    Tell that to the show runners then. I've never read the comics, but thumbed through some summaries and looked at a few pivotal scenes. I think the problem is they're trying to make Negan too much like the comics, minus the liberal language obviously.

I agree that the writing has gone downhill, but it has mostly to do with pacing to me, though there have been some majorly idiotic lines. They try to make whole episodes out of really boring stuff.

Another thing, the soundtrack is noticeably bad, with really out of place styles and melodies. It's not something that I generally notice, And I think that is typically the aim of the composers, to support the scenes without really sticking out.
  • Options
    I'm definitely cheering for the zombies at this point. I'm hoping for a massive war between however many factions, just to be overtaken by an onslaught of zombies, show ends, I give a standing ovation.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

DewieCox said:

Tell that to the show runners then. I've never read the comics, but thumbed through some summaries and looked at a few pivotal scenes. I think the problem is they're trying to make Negan too much like the comics, minus the liberal language obviously.

I agree that the writing has gone downhill, but it has mostly to do with pacing to me, though there have been some majorly idiotic lines. They try to make whole episodes out of really boring stuff.

Another thing, the soundtrack is noticeably bad, with really out of place styles and melodies. It's not something that I generally notice, And I think that is typically the aim of the composers, to support the scenes without really sticking out.
    I couldn't agree more about the music. I would have to say that it's intentional. No way you can be that bad at scoring a show...
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    a hit or miss tonight? shit needs to pick up tonight
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    a miss..... of course Eugene will be the hero down the road.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Loved it. The more they show us without Rick and crew the better.
    Compared with last weeks episode this was off the charts amazing!!!
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    meh.

soooooo is eugene just being his typically cowardly lion self and really pledging alliance to negan? or is he just playing his angles and lying to everyone waiting for his moment to get back at negan or get saved by rick and co.? tough to tell, eh?

and what video game was he playing? :lol:
  • Options
    That was ok. It was pretty obvious what the 2 wives were up to when they asked him to make the pills.

I'm guessing there will be a couple more standalone type episodes like this so they can draw out this half season as much as possible before the inevitable fight starts with the saviors. Pretty standard formula for this show.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    The battle with the saviors is more likely to be next seasons finale than this one. This season will end with the Alexandrians, Hilltop and the UpUpUps deciding to join together to fight.