Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,748

Who the hell actually thinks that a bat would stop a fucking bullet like that? I hate this show.

Yeah, that was pretty fucking lame. They should have just had her miss the shot. Either way, I'm just happy Rosita will still be around...she's great.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,857
    Turned to my wife a quarterway through "spencer is dead". Every time in a show like this, one of the good guys tries and o play ball with the bad guy, bad guy sees right through it and kills him. Very predictable.

whose boot was shown when rick and aaron were driving away??
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    why did michonne's hostage basically encourage michonne to kill her?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

SPOILER!!!! Don't scroll down!!!

So. Why the hell do we need another plot line and another "commune"?!?

The woman's compound gets together with the Kingdom and Ricks crew and they defeat the Saviors and...

I'm really disappointed now...

Told you so...
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419

I was curious about that too. According to my husband and some on-line opinions she (Isabella) would rather die than go back to the Saviors. And Michonne accommodated her. Still not sure whether she was just fed up with it all, or if she was scared to go back and tell Negan and crew that Michonne caught her or what. None of that was really clear.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options

I was curious about that too. According to my husband and some on-line opinions she (Isabella) would rather die than go back to the Saviors. And Michonne accommodated her. Still not sure whether she was just fed up with it all, or if she was scared to go back and tell Negan and crew that Michonne caught her or what. None of that was really clear.
    my buddy at work who reads the comics confirmed your husbands take on it.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    edited January 2017
    So, I just wanted to give a shout out to Robert Kirkman for creating The Walking Dead. When I first started watching, it seemed like a survival show of how things might go down during the end of the world. Even though it is sci-fi, it is still interesting for all of us to think about this from time to time, and not take what we have for granted.

Lately, though, I've realized that he may have intended "the walking dead" to be a metaphor for the way many people are in the world today. The ones that work the long, hard hours of every week at the same, monotonous place for 30-40 years hoping for that retirement (if they live that long), kissing the man's ass constantly, always staying in line, walking the line, for a society that just stomps all over them anyway. These are the walking dead. This is the world our aggressive, war-hungry ancestors have created for us. You complain to your parents about it, they just tell you that they had to do the same thing, get back in line and keep your mouth shut. Maybe they were going to try and change the system when they were younger...but many kids, mortgages, bills, etc. later....their wills to fight back... died. Their energy was drained. Some of them sold their souls to get what they wanted in life, just empty vessels walking around.

So, since, many of you think of me as a basket-case, I will leave you with a quote from the movie, The Breakfast Club, from Ally Sheedy's character, Allison Reynolds. " When you grow up, your heart dies. " So don't grow up. There is still time to change the system...if you want. We don't have to live among the walking dead forever.
    Post edited by pickupyourwill on
  • Options
  • Options
    I don't think so at all. the walking dead are the survivors.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,047
    Starts back up on Sunday!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options

I don't think so at all. the walking dead are the survivors.

Ehh, ya think?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

Hopefully the 2nd half of the season is more exciting than the 1st half.
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,047

Hopefully the 2nd half of the season is more exciting than the 1st half.
    Totally agree!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,544
    War is coming..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    23scidoo said:

War is coming..

But first.... #brohugs

• Options
    How many episodes in before Negan dies? Second half? Show stopper?
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,988
    Couple seasons from now.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options

The actor who plays Negan already said that he would be back for next season.
  • Options

he's still alive in the comics I believe. which are a couple years, if not more, ahead of the show.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Thought they were going to wrap this up in two seasons?
  • Options

No idea. I just heard Jeffrey Dean Morgan on the Howard Stern show a couple months ago and he said that they had just finished filming season 6 and that he would be back for season 7.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,082
    edited February 2017

No idea. I just heard Jeffrey Dean Morgan on the Howard Stern show a couple months ago and he said that they had just finished filming season 6 and that he would be back for season 7.
    This is season 7 still.

TWD has been doing half seasons so it seems like it should be season 10 right now.
  • Options

This is season 7 still.

TWD has been doing half seasons so it seems like it should be season 10 right now.
    Ahhhh my bad....I was 1 season off. I meant season 8. He said that Negan would be back for season 8.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/11/the-walking-dead-negan-season-8.html
  • Options

This is season 7 still.

Ahhhh my bad....I was 1 season off. I meant season 8. He said that Negan would be back for season 8.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/11/the-walking-dead-negan-season-8.html
    I actually try not to read anything with a spoiler, lol. So he is around for the rest of this season. He doesn't die, that sucks.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,971

he's still alive in the comics I believe. which are a couple years, if not more, ahead of the show.
    yeah i heard they just force him out of The Sanctuary or something like that
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    If they don't kill neegan this season, the show is going to hit really bad. They've never been "at one place" for longer than 2 seasons. As much as I love the character, dealing with how Rick is going to kill him for a third season would be pushing it too far.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    I agree that they'll probably drag Negan's run out another season or 2. Whether it follows the comics or not, we'll see. For all the hype, he kinda blows and almost every episode since his intro has sucked ass. Some entertaining moments, but a lot of waiting around for very little to happen. Now it looks like they're bringing back the ridiculous version of Carol, judging by the preview.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,971
    :neutral: kinda boring episode, didn't really get good til the last 5-10 minutes
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

:neutral: kinda boring episode, didn't really get good til the last 5-10 minutes

yup.... wtf, all this time off and such a dull show to start the second half. i would've liked to see rick and michonne keep going down the highway in the cars....hahaha
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Idk how the hell Rick didnt get bit in that crowd of Walkers on the highway.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.