Options

What is "Seven Years Waiting"?

Backspacer 76Backspacer 76 Posts: 957
edited March 2012 in The Porch
I was just listening to Pearl Jam Radio in the background while at work
and heard a song playing that I did not recognize.
1-11-1995 Salt Lake City, Utah - Seven Years Waiting.
I checked the past setlist and that song doesn't show up on the 1-11-1995 setlist?

Is this song a cover or a Pearl Jam tune?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    edited September 2010
    It's definitely PJ, and I love that tune. I'm sure it's an improv, or they got the date wrong.
    Post edited by OGT92 on
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • Options
    Where can i hear it?
    2000 Ljubljana
    2006 Vienna, Zagreb
    2007 Munich
    2009 Berlin
    2010 Dublin, Belfast, Berlin, Venice
    2011 Montreal, Toronto 1&2
    2012 Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1&2, Prague, Berlin 1&2, EV Manchester
    2013 Worcester 1&2, Brooklyn 1&2
    2014 Amsterdam 1&2, Manchester 1&2, Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2017 EV Firenze, Taormina 1&2
    2018 Amsterdam 1&2, Padova, Prague, Krakow, Berlin
    2019 EV Firenze
  • Options
    improv frm one of the san diego shows (i think) frm 95...great improv... 95 was such a great year for improvs from this band...

...my favorite... "open road" frm phoenix, az i wanna say either sept 13 or 15th 1995... check that one out... its awesome!
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    DeadmanDeadman Posts: 784
    Falling Down from Red Rocks night 2. Amazing. Went on to be a Rockfords song.
  • Options
    vedderman wrote:
    Where can i hear it?

Found it! It was played 1995-11-01 Delta Center, Salt Lake City, UT, USA (1995)
    2000 Ljubljana
    2006 Vienna, Zagreb
    2007 Munich
    2009 Berlin
    2010 Dublin, Belfast, Berlin, Venice
    2011 Montreal, Toronto 1&2
    2012 Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1&2, Prague, Berlin 1&2, EV Manchester
    2013 Worcester 1&2, Brooklyn 1&2
    2014 Amsterdam 1&2, Manchester 1&2, Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2017 EV Firenze, Taormina 1&2
    2018 Amsterdam 1&2, Padova, Prague, Krakow, Berlin
    2019 EV Firenze
  • Options
    Deadman wrote:

Which Rockford's song? I'd love to hear it.
  • Options
    timctimc Posts: 664
    improv frm one of the san diego shows (i think) frm 95...great improv... 95 was such a great year for improvs from this band...

...my favorite... "open road" frm phoenix, az i wanna say either sept 13 or 15th 1995... check that one out... its awesome!
    Sept 13th I was at the show!!! Great show the DVD is out there worht getting it.
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    I burned myself a compilation CD of improvs several years ago - loved it, but lost it! Had at least two maybe 3 where Ed is singing about the moon. Have no idea which shows I cribbed them from now - any pointers gratefully received!!
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    DeadmanDeadman Posts: 784
    Deadman wrote:

Which Rockford's song? I'd love to hear it.

Distress
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    thanks for this. beautiful. just beautiful.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    i actually have one of those import bootlegs that I paid like $30 for back in the mid 90's which was where I first heard this song. definitely one of those top songs PJ has never done again...who knows, maybe we get it one day. It happened with Out of My Mind right? Anyway, I am going to dig that import boot out and play it again now...I think it was called Stuff and Nonsense or something like that. have to check
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    i actually have one of those import bootlegs that I paid like $30 for back in the mid 90's which was where I first heard this song. definitely one of those top songs PJ has never done again...who knows, maybe we get it one day. It happened with Out of My Mind right? Anyway, I am going to dig that import boot out and play it again now...I think it was called Stuff and Nonsense or something like that. have to check
    the show this is from is readily available with very good sound quality to it. I was surprised quite frankly at how good it did sound.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,493

The boot I have of this show is called Malaria and it does list Seven Years Waiting as one of the tracks.
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878

The boot I have of this show is called Malaria and it does list Seven Years Waiting as one of the tracks.

Would be great for gremmie.net! Never heard this song!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    Aaah! Now i found it.
    Take the download of Salt Lake City, 1995-11-01, on pearljambootlegs.org!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    They just played it again on PJ Radio just now! I had to google it cause I've never heard of this song/improv and this thread came up in the search results! :)

Interesting, I doubt the song was really titled "Seven Years Waiting.".... you think they took the title from one of those non-official 90s bootleg CDs???
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    I just heard this for the first on PJ Radio right now. Awesome! It often feels like I will never run out of new old PJ songs to hear. I keep discovering them all the time! And every time is exciting. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    Chrisilein wrote:
    Aaah! Now i found it.
    vedderman wrote:
    Where can i hear it?

there or try gremmie.net
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    Chrisilein wrote:
    Aaah! Now i found it.
    vedderman wrote:
    Where can i hear it?

there or try gremmie.net
    I don't see it on gremmie.net. Are you sure it is there?
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    PJRock75PJRock75 Posts: 868
    This has been my favorite improve since the first time I heard it in '95 when I bought the same bootleg Elwayvedder......."No More Nonsense"

And someone mentioned Open Road before, definately 2nd fav!! Yes, '95 was a great year for improves.
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options
    teinloftteinloft Posts: 49
    Porto Alegre '05
    Porto Alegre '11
    Porto Alegre '15
    São Paulo '15
  • Options
    PJRock75PJRock75 Posts: 868
    teinloft wrote:

The guy who wrote the first comment on that youtube link is a real jerk!! ;)
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:

sorry, I assume it was there, most of it is, I could not find it...

• Options
    BeerBaron wrote:

It is indeed on Gremmie. I downloaded it today. I think it was in covers, but not sure. Definitely there though!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:

It is indeed on Gremmie. I downloaded it today. I think it was in covers, but not sure. Definitely there though!

I checked the covers section from q through z and I couldn't find it, where is it?

• Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I've never even heard it, so my searching better be worth the effort:
    http://www.pearljambootlegs.org/modules ... ZVaMt6Y%3D

Edit: I've listened to it, and I like it. Chances are I'll be grabbing the entire show since it's a darn good set.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,852
    I picked up this bootleg late '96. An amazing one it was & still is today. :)

RoadRageA.jpg
    RoadRageB.jpg
  • Options
    Jon ChorbaJon Chorba Posts: 268
    Never heard this before today, but it is a good improv. My favorite though is the one from 2000 (I think) "Take a ladder up to the moon.."

If You Like Crunchy Guitar Riffs, Powerful Vocals, Melodic Guitar Solos, And Meaningful Lyrics..then you need to check out one of the most refreshing new hard rock bands in quite some time...-->The Liberty Underground<--
  • Options
    teinloftteinloft Posts: 49
    PJRock75 wrote:
    teinloft wrote:

The guy who wrote the first comment on that youtube link is a real jerk!! ;)

haha nice!

great song indeed!
    Porto Alegre '05
    Porto Alegre '11
    Porto Alegre '15
    São Paulo '15
  • Options
    Jon Chorba wrote:
    Never heard this before today, but it is a good improv. My favorite though is the one from 2000 (I think) "Take a ladder up to the moon.."

What's that? I've never heard of it - not on YouTube apparently. Know where to find it?