Options

Christine O'Donnell

kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
edited October 2010 in A Moving Train
I hadn't really been following this Senate race until now, but I just watched her little victory speech, and there was something incredibly familiar about her...

And then YouTube worked it's magic and showed me this suggestion:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V74F0-bWU1g

Ah ha! I used to watch Politically Incorrect just about every night, and she was a frequent quest, as seen in this video from 2001.

I have the funniest feeling this media darling is going to win the general election.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I don't know if she will win the general election. This is Delaware we are talking about. Plus, the GOP is not very happy she won and will not back her financially.

I know people on this board like to talk down the tea party but they are making results. It is interesting to see how a "grass-root political movement" group can operate effectively without any overall leadership.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,161
    what happens if castle runs as in independent? he will surely siphon votes from o'donnell....
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    I know it kinda doesn't make sense for her to win in November, but this has been a weird year. A lot of people have been whipped up by the rhetoric she uses. That rhetoric, plus good looks and charisma is what got Scott Brown elected in MA, and Christine O'Donnell has all of that. Scott Brown went from nobody to superstar in about a month. Democrats are not very motivated this year, and I can't exactly blame them.
  • Options
    kenny olav wrote:
    I know it kinda doesn't make sense for her to win in November, but this has been a weird year. A lot of people have been whipped up by the rhetoric she uses. That rhetoric, plus good looks and charisma is what got Scott Brown elected in MA, and Christine O'Donnell has all of that. Scott Brown went from nobody to superstar in about a month. Democrats are not very motivated this year, and I can't exactly blame them.
    and brown has been more moderate so he has angered some of those that put him there.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    kenny olav wrote:
    I really think what pushed Scott Brown to victory was the fact that Martha Coakley though Curt Schilling is a Yankees fan. That is a major sin in a sports crazy town like Boston and was a sharp contrast to Brown's working man image.
  • Options
    It's been an interesting campaign and it hasn't even really started yet. to be honest, I think that Republicans lost this one for themselves.

They scared up so much fear and hysteria with misinformation and sensationalism, thinking they could just scare people into voting for their own candidates... what happened was they created a whole voting block of terrified old white people who actually believed things like "Death Panels" and "The Government making your doctor's decisions" and "Re-Education camps" and "He's a secret Muslim."

Those people weren't content just voting for a palatable moderate, they wanted an extreme right winger, they wanted a De-volutionary. They wanted to go back to the "good old days" although they had trouble deciding when those good days were.

Sadly, they've ended up with a bunch of un-electable wing nuts. Democrats might lose a handful of seats like the party in power ALWAYS does in a mid-term election, but it's not going to be the blood bath that it could have been if Republicans hadn't spent so much time trying to scare the people into voting for them.
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    kenny olav wrote:
    I really think what pushed Scott Brown to victory was the fact that Martha Coakley though Curt Schilling is a Yankees fan. That is a major sin in a sports crazy town like Boston and was a sharp contrast to Brown's working man image.

Oh yeah... this whole stupid thing... http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2010 ... ankee-fan/

That was a factor, yes. The Republican media also capitalized on her easily misrepresented statement that the terrorists were "gone" from Afghanistan though she was referring to recent government and military reports about Al-Qaeda... http://mediamatters.org/research/201001140023

She wasn't a great public speaker, which is a problem when the public aren't great thinkers.
  • Options
    The more I find out about the Tea Party people, the more scared I get.

Christine O'Donnel is bat shit crazy.

If people like that get in power, we're fucked. Totally Fucked.
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    I don't pay a great deal of attention to American politics. You seem to be worse at it than we are.

I did see Christine O'Donnell on the news last night and wondered how people like her get voted in. Is it now compulsory in the US to be as mad as a march hare to get voted in?
  • Options
    satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138
    if someone like her or sarah palin are in charge of america i am going to build a bunker and get supplies..... its not just america that will be fucked it will be the whole world
  • Options
    satansbed wrote:
    if someone like her or sarah palin are in charge of america i am going to build a bunker and get supplies..... its not just america that will be fucked it will be the whole world

Yes, and it scares the shit out of me that people like this can get that close to power in the "greatest nation". Just sick.
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    edited September 2010
    it terrifies me that I may have some DNA matches with this woman. *Advocates furious mass-masturbation to assert ideological distance*

http://bigthink.com/ideas/24045
    Post edited by FinsburyParkCarrots on
  • Options
    bernmodi wrote:
    satansbed wrote:

Yes, and it scares the shit out of me that people like this can get that close to power in the "greatest nation". Just sick.

It disturbs me on a daily basis to see educated people who sincerely - and passionately - believe people like O'Donnell and Palin are the answer to America's problems.

If they're the answer to the problem, then I have seriously misunderstood the problem.
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    Where are all the tea party people on this thread? The one's who can see Nov from their house?

Christine O' Donnell, "By integrating women into particularly military institutes, it cripples the readiness of our defense"

She has also argued that West Point "has had to lower their standards ... in order for men and women to compete."

“The fact that Christine O’Donnell believes women in our service academies ‘cripple the readiness of our defense’ makes her unfit to be a United States Senator,” said DNC Press Secretary Hari Sevugan. “And the fact that Mitt Romney and Sarah Palin would put their name behind a candidate that believes women who serve our country ‘cripple the readiness of our defense’ make them unfit to be commander-in-chief.”

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/ ... ments.html

O'Donnell has tons of interesting comments like the ones above-- :thumbdown:
  • Options
    tonifig8 wrote:
    Where are all the tea party people on this thread? The one's who can see Nov from their house?

Christine O' Donnell, "By integrating women into particularly military institutes, it cripples the readiness of our defense"

She has also argued that West Point "has had to lower their standards ... in order for men and women to compete."

“The fact that Christine O’Donnell believes women in our service academies ‘cripple the readiness of our defense’ makes her unfit to be a United States Senator,” said DNC Press Secretary Hari Sevugan. “And the fact that Mitt Romney and Sarah Palin would put their name behind a candidate that believes women who serve our country ‘cripple the readiness of our defense’ make them unfit to be commander-in-chief.”

Right here.
    I don't even know why I waste my time and energy on this forum. This is laughable to say the least. When did she say this ? Back in the 90"s ? :roll: Im willing to bet that it's taken out of context.Who cares anyway? I love it when all you libs come out and start pointing fingers like you or anyone else is perfect. No one is perfect because we are all human beings. People mis speak and sometimes make mistakes especially when we are young and nieve .The fact remains IMO she is a better candidate then Mike Castle, Someone who voted for Cap and trade, didn't want to repeal the healthcare bill. Castle is not a consevative. He's a rhino. A liberal (R.) Him and others like Lindsey Graham,J.Mcain,K.Rove.G.Bush, are what destroyed the Republican party. Candidates Like O'Donnell,Paul,Miller,DeMint,Rubio,Scott,Angle are what's going to save it and return it to it's conservative principals. It's candidates like those that are going to save this country from turning into something that America is not.

There is no question that there are flaws in the O’Donnell campaign and in the candidate herself. However, we must understand that we don’t select the candidates; we only make choices between the existing ones. Unfortunately, we are not always going to find a Joe Miller to challenge the RINO. That is to say that we will not always have a candidate in which the ideology is packaged in someone who is politically savvy, has a compelling biography, an impeccable background, and a solid campaign organization. Elections are about choosing the best candidate who appears on the ballot. In Delaware, the choice is clear as day. I can certainly respect someone who finds difficulty with O’Donnell, or someone who disagrees with the political strategy of Senate elections. However, I cannot understand how any self proclaimed conservative can attempt to white wash Mike Castle’s dirty record of big government tyranny./quote]

http://www.redstate.com/dhorowitz3/2010 ... ng-record/

18 months some of you on here said that we would never grow into anything that would ever make a difference or something like we would never be able to get anyone elected. Looks like you were wrong. :D
  • Options
    prfctlefts wrote:
    tonifig8 wrote:

Right here.
    I don't even know why I waste my time and energy on this forum. This is laughable to say the least. When did she say this ? Back in the 90"s ? :roll: Im willing to bet that it's taken out of context.Who cares anyway? I love it when all you libs come out and start pointing fingers like you or anyone else is perfect. No one is perfect because we are all human beings. People mis speak and sometimes make mistakes especially when we are young and nieve .The fact remains IMO she is a better candidate then Mike Castle, Someone who voted for Cap and trade, didn't want to repeal the healthcare bill. Castle is not a consevative. He's a rhino. A liberal (R.) Him and others like Lindsey Graham,J.Mcain,K.Rove.G.Bush, are what destroyed the Republican party. Candidates Like O'Donnell,Paul,Miller,DeMint,Rubio,Scott,Angle are what's going to save it and return it to it's conservative principals. It's candidates like those that are going to save this country from turning into something that America is not.

There is no question that there are flaws in the O’Donnell campaign and in the candidate herself. However, we must understand that we don’t select the candidates; we only make choices between the existing ones. Unfortunately, we are not always going to find a Joe Miller to challenge the RINO. That is to say that we will not always have a candidate in which the ideology is packaged in someone who is politically savvy, has a compelling biography, an impeccable background, and a solid campaign organization. Elections are about choosing the best candidate who appears on the ballot. In Delaware, the choice is clear as day. I can certainly respect someone who finds difficulty with O’Donnell, or someone who disagrees with the political strategy of Senate elections. However, I cannot understand how any self proclaimed conservative can attempt to white wash Mike Castle’s dirty record of big government tyranny./quote]

http://www.redstate.com/dhorowitz3/2010 ... ng-record/

18 months some of you on here said that we would never grow into anything that would ever make a difference or something like we would never be able to get anyone elected. Looks like you were wrong. :D
    don't break your arm patting yourself on the back...

this o'donnell is going to get smoked in the election. 33% of delaware is registered republican and she got barely half of that 33% who showed up at the polls to vote for her. unless she gets a lot of dems and independents she has not got much of a shot just by looking at numbers.....

karl rove is right most of the time, and when he is saying she has not got much of a shot, he is probably right...

• Options
    prfctlefts wrote:

You should never underestimate the results when a group of well educated and responsible people finally get fed up to the point that they turn to political activism. A lot of people are in denial of the Tea Party's impact.
  • Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    41-year-old-virgin-christine-odonnell.jpg

“Wait, Christine O’Donnell is 41 and has never been married? Does that mean she’s a 41 year-old virgin who’s never masturbated?!”

Read more at Wonkette: Wonkette — The D.C. Gossip
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:
    41-year-old-virgin-christine-odonnell.jpg

“Wait, Christine O’Donnell is 41 and has never been married? Does that mean she’s a 41 year-old virgin who’s never masturbated?!”

Read more at Wonkette: Wonkette — The D.C. Gossip
    lots of people are waiting to get married. then again, maybe she is a.....GASP........lesbian???? if she were i would like to see if the holy rollers would vote for her....

or better yet, maybe it is as a george carlin said of pro-lifers...."isn't it mildly ironic that most of the people who are against abortion are people you wouldn't want to f@ck in the first place?"

• Options
    Heheheh... the Daily Show is brilliant as always on this topic...

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-s ... -the-palin

Shit, I didn't realize there was so much material to be used to mock Ms. O'Donnell. Maybe the Democrats won't fuck this one up after all.
  • Options
    However, I heard on the radio that O'Donnell was only 10 points behind Chris Coons, the Democrat... :?
  • Options
    kenny olav wrote:
    However, I heard on the radio that O'Donnell was only 10 points behind Chris Coons, the Democrat... :?

Meh... I also heard that John McCain was a shoe-in to win the election a couple years back. How'd that one turn out?
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    norm wrote:

and yet she won ... :shock:
  • Options
    norm wrote:

Yeah, she also used to run an ex-gay campaign with a guy who told her that his Ex-gay therapy didn't work... she didn't care, it was too important to her TV appearances. This woman is insane. So are the Tea Tards who elected her.

I'm just aghast that someone like this can make it this far but we all know that if Balloon Boy ran for office, about 1/4 of the people would vote for HIM too.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    I wouldn't be so quick to write her off. Most off you either refuse to accept or simply are in denial the power of the TEA Party. We all know you never gave any of them a chance, however even if they don't win the general election many have knocked off lifetime entrenched politicians.

As I said I wouldn't count her out just yet, her opponent has called himself the "bearded Marxist" and has raised taxes three times. That probably won't bode well for him.
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    edited September 2010
    Just be sure not to mention wanking and Jesus in the same sentence. Apparently it's unacceptable.
    Post edited by Byrnzie on
  • Options
    typical Tea Party strategy... run away from the media. What a coward. But I guess if her target audience is the drooling zombie Fox News crowd it's not a bad strategy. Speak with sympathetic people who'll toss you softball questions.

Oh, and did I also mention she's a witch!!!!!

Sep 18, 10:03 PM EDT

Bill Maher digs up O'Donnell 'witchcraft' clip

By NAFEESA SYEED
    Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Tea party favorite Christine O'Donnell, whose Republican primary upset in Delaware's Senate race shocked the GOP, canceled appearances Sunday on two national news shows.

Meanwhile, comedian Bill Maher dug up a clip of O'Donnell appearing on his "Politically Incorrect" show in 1999 in which she says she "dabbled in witchcraft."

The context of what led to her comments is not clear, and O'Donnell is laughing while she talks.

"I dabbled into witchcraft. I never joined a coven," she said. " ... I hung around people who were doing these things. I'm not making this stuff up. I know what they told me they do," she said.

"... One of my first dates with a witch was on a satanic altar, and I didn't know it. I mean, there's little blood there and stuff like that," she said. "We went to a movie and then had a little midnight picnic on a satanic altar."

Since O'Donnell's upset of nine-term Rep. Mike Castle, opponents have unearthed unflattering age-old television clips. Her campaign didn't immediately return a telephone message Saturday, but she has in the past dismissed her previous comments.

Maher said on "Real Time with Bill Maher" that he has more clips of O'Donnell and will continue to air them until she appears on his show.

On Sunday, O'Donnell had been set to appear on "Face the Nation" on CBS and "Fox News Sunday."

Campaign spokeswoman Diana Banister cited scheduling conflicts and said O'Donnell needed to return to Delaware for commitments to church events and an afternoon picnic with Republicans in a key county where she has solid backing.

"The priorities are back in Delaware," Banister said. "Those are people who supported her, who were very helpful to her in the campaign, and she feels obligated to be there and thank them."

Banister said she was unaware of the previous commitments when she booked O'Donnell for the shows. She said she canceled with Fox News late Friday and with CBS early Saturday.

"We felt really bad," she said, adding the campaign apologized profusely for canceling at the last minute. Banister said O'Donnell would be pleased to appear on any Sunday news shows in the future.

On Friday, O'Donnell made her first national appearance since her primary upset in Washington at an annual Values Voters Summit. Appearances on the news shows would have furthered her national exposure.

Fox News had booked O'Donnell on Thursday. Marty Ryan, executive producer of "Fox News Sunday," said in a statement that the campaign canceled late Friday, saying she was exhausted and returning to Delaware.

"On Saturday morning, O'Donnell called us and said: 'I got triple-booked. I had been invited to go to church and then a picnic. I have to keep my priorities to Delaware voters,'" Ryan said. "The invitation to have her appear on the show remains open."

Banister said the decision was solely a scheduling issue and not because O'Donnell wasn't prepared to go on the programs.

However, the cancellations reflect a campaign of about six staffers trying to keep up after being thrust into the national spotlight. Banister said many requests are pouring in and the campaign needs a scheduler and additional aides.

Separately, "Face the Nation" host Bob Schieffer said that program received an e-mail Saturday morning canceling O'Donnell's appearance without explanation. But the campaign later called to say that O'Donnell had some campaign events.

"I can't remember when anybody has canceled on us on a Saturday, but there's always a first," he said. "If she can work it in sometime, we'll be happy to have her."

© 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
    Rock me Jesus, roll me Lord...
    Wash me in the blood of Rock & Roll
  • Options
    All of you had no problem when biden was a senator from Deleware so maybe I should remind some of you just how smart our vice president is and his character.But at least O'Donnell didn't kill anybody at Chappaquiddick (Ted Kennedy), join the Ku Klux Klan (Bob Byrd), "allegedly" commit rape (Bill Clinton), or, like Harry Reid's pet, Chris Coons, dabbled in Marxism and Oh yeah and what about your Messiah Obama and his drug years..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01359.html

Joe Biden - His Lies and Exaggerations
    News Type: Opinion — Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:11 PM EDT
    politics, biden, vice-president
    By Dr Know
    advertisement

http://drknow.newsvine.com/_news/2008/0 ... ggerations

I just listened to a tape of a statement made by Joe Biden during his campaign for president in 1988. Someone in the audience asked him "Where did you go to school and how did you do?"

Joe said. "I will gladly compare my IQ with yours. I went to school and graduated with 3 degrees and was the leading student in the Political Science department. I went to law school on a full scholarship. In my first year I did not want to be there and I was in the bottom 2/3 of my class. I changed my mind and finished in the top half of my class. I will gladly compare my IQ to yours." I cannot be sure that these are the EXACT words but they are very close.

The facts are:

1) He did NOT get 3 degrees, he did not get 2 degrees it was 1 in Political Science. He never answered WHERE he went.

2) He received a HALF scholarship to law school based on need. When confronted with this he said he never remembered paying anything for law school.One can only speculate why that is.

3) His math abilities are not very good. The top 2/3 overlaps with the top 1/2. In addition he lied. He was 76th in a class of 85. That places him in the bottom 10.5% of his law school class.

4) He never stated where he attended school in the answer to this question

The attitude displayed demonstrates how he feels he is superior to others. Somehow he thinks that placing in the bottom 10% (11%, if you must) proves that he has the superior intellect.

He was later proven to have plagiarized on papers in law school and he used a speech originally given by a British politician without giving any attribution or acknowledgment.

Is this the quality of person we want leading our country?

and then there's this :lol::lol: See we can play this smear game too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rkoqglq9dU

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/09/biden- ... elevision/
  • Options
    WaveCameCrashinWaveCameCrashin Posts: 2,929
    edited September 2010
    arthurdent wrote:
    typical Tea Party strategy... run away from the media. What a coward. But I guess if her target audience is the drooling zombie Fox News crowd it's not a bad strategy. Speak with sympathetic people who'll toss you softball questions.

Oh, and did I also mention she's a witch!!!!!

Sep 18, 10:03 PM EDT

Bill Maher digs up O'Donnell 'witchcraft' clip

By NAFEESA SYEED
    Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Tea party favorite Christine O'Donnell, whose Republican primary upset in Delaware's Senate race shocked the GOP, canceled appearances Sunday on two national news shows.

Meanwhile, comedian Bill Maher dug up a clip of O'Donnell appearing on his "Politically Incorrect" show in 1999 in which she says she "dabbled in witchcraft."

The context of what led to her comments is not clear, and O'Donnell is laughing while she talks.

"I dabbled into witchcraft. I never joined a coven," she said. " ... I hung around people who were doing these things. I'm not making this stuff up. I know what they told me they do," she said.

"... One of my first dates with a witch was on a satanic altar, and I didn't know it. I mean, there's little blood there and stuff like that," she said. "We went to a movie and then had a little midnight picnic on a satanic altar."

Since O'Donnell's upset of nine-term Rep. Mike Castle, opponents have unearthed unflattering age-old television clips. Her campaign didn't immediately return a telephone message Saturday, but she has in the past dismissed her previous comments.

Maher said on "Real Time with Bill Maher" that he has more clips of O'Donnell and will continue to air them until she appears on his show.

On Sunday, O'Donnell had been set to appear on "Face the Nation" on CBS and "Fox News Sunday."

Campaign spokeswoman Diana Banister cited scheduling conflicts and said O'Donnell needed to return to Delaware for commitments to church events and an afternoon picnic with Republicans in a key county where she has solid backing.

"The priorities are back in Delaware," Banister said. "Those are people who supported her, who were very helpful to her in the campaign, and she feels obligated to be there and thank them."

Banister said she was unaware of the previous commitments when she booked O'Donnell for the shows. She said she canceled with Fox News late Friday and with CBS early Saturday.

"We felt really bad," she said, adding the campaign apologized profusely for canceling at the last minute. Banister said O'Donnell would be pleased to appear on any Sunday news shows in the future.

On Friday, O'Donnell made her first national appearance since her primary upset in Washington at an annual Values Voters Summit. Appearances on the news shows would have furthered her national exposure.

Fox News had booked O'Donnell on Thursday. Marty Ryan, executive producer of "Fox News Sunday," said in a statement that the campaign canceled late Friday, saying she was exhausted and returning to Delaware.

"On Saturday morning, O'Donnell called us and said: 'I got triple-booked. I had been invited to go to church and then a picnic. I have to keep my priorities to Delaware voters,'" Ryan said. "The invitation to have her appear on the show remains open."

Banister said the decision was solely a scheduling issue and not because O'Donnell wasn't prepared to go on the programs.

However, the cancellations reflect a campaign of about six staffers trying to keep up after being thrust into the national spotlight. Banister said many requests are pouring in and the campaign needs a scheduler and additional aides.

Separately, "Face the Nation" host Bob Schieffer said that program received an e-mail Saturday morning canceling O'Donnell's appearance without explanation. But the campaign later called to say that O'Donnell had some campaign events.

"I can't remember when anybody has canceled on us on a Saturday, but there's always a first," he said. "If she can work it in sometime, we'll be happy to have her."

© 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

:roll: :yawn:

really?? Some of you are really pathetic. Gee did it ever occur to you that she's only one person and that she can't be everywhere at once ? I would love to see how you or anyone else on here would hold up in the national spotlight and we could all see just how perfect your past is. I know your not running for office. My point is no one is perfect and you can't please everyone..
    Post edited by WaveCameCrashin on