Options

Christine O'Donnell

13»

Comments

• Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    It's the same thing. It's a distraction from the issues. And it's exactly what some of these people want. SO keep playing into their hand, and they will keep wining primaries and elections.
    I completely agree with you... this whole 'witchcraft' thing is a distraction from the real issues.
    While I believe that a person's background is important to our decisions whether to vote for a candidate in important, I believe the background information should be directly attached to the role that person will be playing in all of our lives. O'Connell is running for one of 100 seats available... that is 100 out of our population of what... 400 million?
    I would focus on her claims of running on a campaign claims about 'Fiscal Responsibility', when she used campaign funds for personal expenses, including giving her mother money from her campaign warchest. That is not fiscal responsibility in my book.
    Instead, she will play the persecution card, claiming the 'Liberal Media' is making false claims against her and her misuse of campaign funds will get swept up with the witchcraft thing.
    But.... such is politics in America. The Electorate goes out and votes more than they used to, but the literacy level of the voting public has dropped a few notches as more and more uninformed voters go to the polls. Politics in America has been dumbed down to the level of sports... meaning sports is something most Americans understand... winning and losing... loyalty to the team... hatred of the rival. It won't be long til elections become popularity contests and we end up with President Snooki.

Bullshit...no way Snooki beats out The Situation. You are spreading lies my friend.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    the best way to discredit someone is through humor. Just ask Sarah Palin and Tina Fey :)
    Rock me Jesus, roll me Lord...
    Wash me in the blood of Rock & Roll
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    I had too little faith in people when I first posted this thread.

There's no way Christine O'Donnell can win. It could only happen if her opponent was also a basket case.

Turns out, he's probably one of the best Democrats out there:

http://www.examiner.com/us-headlines-in ... bate-video

What a robot of rhetoric O'Donnell is... the only emotion she has is her smugness. Sad, really.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    kenny olav wrote:
    I had too little faith in people when I first posted this thread.

There's no way Christine O'Donnell can win. It could only happen if her opponent was also a basket case.

Turns out, he's probably one of the best Democrats out there:

http://www.examiner.com/us-headlines-in ... bate-video

What a robot of rhetoric O'Donnell is... the only emotion she has is her smugness. Sad, really.
    The thing I find that points to the ineptness of this candidate is this... with all of that rhetoric she spews... she can't come up with ONE Supreme Court ruling? How about her mantra, 'Roe v. Wade'? She doesn't have an opinion on that? She is a cheap knock-off copy of Sarah Palin.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    She's what's wrong with this country a total hat case along with the other bitch from Nevada ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    She won't win. The career politician Coons will win. She has done nothing to build a case in a particularly negative race.

I do think she's hot, but weird - and that's usually how it goes. :D
    Bristow, VA (5/13/10)
  • Options
    VINNY GOOMBAVINNY GOOMBA Posts: 1,803
    Cosmo wrote:
    It's the same thing. It's a distraction from the issues. And it's exactly what some of these people want. SO keep playing into their hand, and they will keep wining primaries and elections.
    I completely agree with you... this whole 'witchcraft' thing is a distraction from the real issues.
    While I believe that a person's background is important to our decisions whether to vote for a candidate in important, I believe the background information should be directly attached to the role that person will be playing in all of our lives. O'Connell is running for one of 100 seats available... that is 100 out of our population of what... 400 million?
    I would focus on her claims of running on a campaign claims about 'Fiscal Responsibility', when she used campaign funds for personal expenses, including giving her mother money from her campaign warchest. That is not fiscal responsibility in my book.
    Instead, she will play the persecution card, claiming the 'Liberal Media' is making false claims against her and her misuse of campaign funds will get swept up with the witchcraft thing.
    But.... such is politics in America. The Electorate goes out and votes more than they used to, but the literacy level of the voting public has dropped a few notches as more and more uninformed voters go to the polls. Politics in America has been dumbed down to the level of sports... meaning sports is something most Americans understand... winning and losing... loyalty to the team... hatred of the rival. It won't be long til elections become popularity contests and we end up with President Snooki.

Bullshit...no way Snooki beats out The Situation. You are spreading lies my friend.

Sorrentino / DellVechio 2012
  • Options
    VINNY GOOMBAVINNY GOOMBA Posts: 1,803
    Sorrentino / DellVechio 2012

Running on the GTL ticket!
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,215
    laughed at during a debate. funny. how can anyone take this women seriously and actually consider voting for her?
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    pjhawks wrote:
    laughed at during a debate. funny. how can anyone take this women seriously and actually consider voting for her?

Some people love to vote on candidates with the best catch phrases. That way they don't have to actually, you know, do any research to actually find the candidate who is best for the position.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,215
    BinFrog wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

Some people love to vote on candidates with the best catch phrases. That way they don't have to actually, you know, do any research to actually find the candidate who is best for the position.

surely you are not suggesting a clueless dumb broke crazy woman is the best candidate for the position.
  • Options
    cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    Cosmo wrote:

True - he already has the Dancing With The Stars demographic locked up.
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    I always thought the movie Idiocracy really spoke to an undeniable, eventual truth, but does anyone feel that we have done some kind of quantum leap forward in time ushering in this new age hundreds of years before even that movie predicted? We're so fucked. I'm gonna go water my plants with Brawndo - The Thirst Mutilator.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    eyedclaar wrote:
    I always thought the movie Idiocracy really spoke to an undeniable, eventual truth, but does anyone feel that we have done some kind of quantum leap forward in time ushering in this new age hundreds of years before even that movie predicted? We're so fucked. I'm gonna go water my plants with Brawndo - The Thirst Mutilator.
    the lazy-boy chair with the toilet seat built-in is pretty sweet. has development started on them yet?
  • Options
    eyedclaar wrote:

All I know is, I'm going to start programming my TiVo to "Ow! My balls"
  • Options
    eyedclaar wrote:

That's a hard movie to watch because of how close we are to it.
    Bristow, VA (5/13/10)
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    eyedclaar wrote:

don't forget "monday night rehabilitation"...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    OnTheEdgeOnTheEdge Posts: 1,300
    I get a kick out of people that make fun of O'Donnells anti masturbation beliefs.

They must be "Pro- Masturbaters" :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    eyedclaar wrote:

don't forget "monday night rehabilitation"...

Thanks for the reminder...how could I forget about that one? I'm sure I'll need my fix of "DIIILLLLDOZER" action so I'll have to schedule that one up on the list too.

Plus Beef Supreme is simply "amazing"
  • Options
    cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    OnTheEdge wrote:
    I get a kick out of people that make fun of O'Donnells anti masturbation beliefs.

They must be "Pro- Masturbaters" :lol::lol::lol:

I think the Pro-Masturbation stance is one of the few things Republicans and Democrats can agree :lol:
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    pjhawks wrote:
    BinFrog wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

surely you are not suggesting a clueless dumb broke crazy woman is the best candidate for the position.

Pretty sure I meant the EXACT opposite of that.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"