Options

The video game thread.

Comments

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    GTA is on sale as well, looks to be even cheaper on physical media for in store Black Friday sales.

The Division is on sale at Amazon.com right now for 9.99, both PS4 and XB1 versions (and they ship to Canada).
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    Jason P said:

Any recommendations? Cod/battlefield/titanfall? Heard COD wasn't great but I always enjoyed them(didn't play the last one), never seen the other 2 games. Looking for multiplayer mostly

Overwatch and Battlefield are both good. Battlefield has a good campaign mode but I've not had a lot of time to play multiplayer due to the length of matches.

Overwatch is on sale this week for 40% off. I've found it more enjoyable to play as there seems to be better teamwork and less racist 13 year olds playing. The matches are usually over in under 10 minutes so it works for someone like me that has limited time to game.
    No idea what overwatch is, I'll need to look that up. And I'm looking for short games since my time is very limited with the kids. Wish I had time to dive into witcher or the new final fantasy (which I'll probably attempt anyways)
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123

Jason P said:

Any recommendations? Cod/battlefield/titanfall? Heard COD wasn't great but I always enjoyed them(didn't play the last one), never seen the other 2 games. Looking for multiplayer mostly

Overwatch and Battlefield are both good. Battlefield has a good campaign mode but I've not had a lot of time to play multiplayer due to the length of matches.

Overwatch is on sale this week for 40% off. I've found it more enjoyable to play as there seems to be better teamwork and less racist 13 year olds playing. The matches are usually over in under 10 minutes so it works for someone like me that has limited time to game.
    No idea what overwatch is, I'll need to look that up. And I'm looking for short games since my time is very limited with the kids. Wish I had time to dive into witcher or the new final fantasy (which I'll probably attempt anyways)
    It's a game made by Blizzard and the quality is top notch. You choose "heroes" that each have special abilities and classes. There is no campaign but all DLC is free. Matches are 6 vs 6 style. The game doesn't focus on kill/death ratio as much as other games. I don't play online shooters because I suck at them, but I have fun playing this game.
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    Ended up grabbing COD with the remastered. If I don't like it I'll sell and try overwatch. Thanks for the help
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    The Last of Us 2 trailer announcement
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JVaDXSCEc8
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Яussia Posts: 354

Can't wait!!!
  • Options

Can't wait!!!
    Agreed. I think I'm gonna have to play the first again, it's been so long.
  • Options
    Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Яussia Posts: 354

Can't wait!!!
    Yeah i passed it six times, i guess i can play it in grounded mode with my eyes closed)
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256

Hell yeah!!!!!!!
    Easily one of my most favorite games of alltime! I did read that the lead director from the first won't be doing the second one though. It would be almost impossible to make a game as good as the first, but even if it's half as good, I'm still excited!
  • Options

Can't wait!!!
    Does the upscaled PS4 version look that much different than the PS3 version? I kind of want to re-play it too. Once I beat it the first time, I swore I wouldn't play it again, but now I want to. Is it worth the PS4 upgrade?
  • Options
    Rise of the Tomb Raider for PS4 is a really good RPG / puzzle game unlike the previous entry which was an action game. Reminds me why the early games were so great and memorable.
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,854
    Titanfall 2 is my fav, no cod for me. Playing Last of us remastered on ps4 pro now. Game is awesome. Im finally back into some games after a long time. Also have Heavy rain, beyond 2 souls to play through too. And titanfall 2 and star wars battle front. Not enough time!!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    First gameplay footage of the upcoming Friday the 13th multiplayer game. This looks like it's gonna be a blast.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgzrYwKOeok&t=69s&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DGgzrYwKOeok%26t%3D69s&has_verified=1
  • Options
    Resident Evil 7 has been splendid so far, although the 1st hour is a frustrating setup that doesn't give you much control. Sucks to see DLC is being released one week after the game is released. It is very gory. Atmosphere and graphics are great.
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,854
    Jason P said:

Resident Evil 7 has been splendid so far, although the 1st hour is a frustrating setup that doesn't give you much control. Sucks to see DLC is being released one week after the game is released. It is very gory. Atmosphere and graphics are great.

I just downloaded the demo of that, can't wait to give it a try. But I've been addicted to Titanfall 2 and The Last of Us Remastered (never played it before).
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    Jason P said:

I'm excited to try RE7 in PSVR. I've heard it's pretty badass despite being a little disorienting.
  • Options

• Options
    New Zelda game is being hailed as a masterpiece. Holding down a score of 98 on metacritic with 62 reviews, 33 of them gave a perfect score.

I'm glad I pre-ordered the switch! (can't wait for my "back-ordered" email from Target :fearful: )
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Got shipping confirmations on Switch from Best Buy and Zelda from Amazon yesterday. Ahh tomorrow night is gonna be fun!!
  • Options
    Just got confirmation from Target, but probably won't get it until early next week. Can you download games vs buying cartridges?
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Just got confirmation from Target, but probably won't get it until early next week. Can you download games vs buying cartridges?

I know you can purchase 1-2 Switch on Amazon as a download. Didn't see any other games with that option, though.
  • Options
    Switch and Zelda arrive today! woo!
  • Options
    Picked up Zelda today, but won't get the Switch until Monday. Dude at Walmart was amazed I got one, but this was shitloads easier then getting a mini NES, which should cost them $7 to produce.
  • Options
    Gotta say, I'm very impressed with Zelda on the Switch. About 4-5 hours in.
    As someone who travels a lot for work, Zelda on the go is going to be AWESOME! Those long flights are gonna fly by! :)
  • Options
    Loving BotW so far!! But man, my gaming is ruuuusssss-tyyyyyyy. I've had a hell of a time figuring shit out. And then I look up some tips online and see people with all these weapons and armor at earlier parts of the game than I'm at and I'm like, wtf??!! But damn it's fun!

My only complaint is the constantly moving camera angle. I HATE that shit!! I realize it's necessary more often than not, but I wish there was a way to temporarily make it stationary for certain parts. Keep in mind the last new system I bought was a PS2, so I'm just not akin to 3D open world games whatsoever.
  • Options

Loving BotW so far!! But man, my gaming is ruuuusssss-tyyyyyyy. I've had a hell of a time figuring shit out. And then I look up some tips online and see people with all these weapons and armor at earlier parts of the game than I'm at and I'm like, wtf??!! But damn it's fun!

My only complaint is the constantly moving camera angle. I HATE that shit!! I realize it's necessary more often than not, but I wish there was a way to temporarily make it stationary for certain parts. Keep in mind the last new system I bought was a PS2, so I'm just not akin to 3D open world games whatsoever.

Yeah, I have a feeling, I missed a lot of good equipment in the first couple of hours. The second I had the chance to get off the plateau, I jumped and haven't gone back. I'm sure there are lots of good things to explore there! I know it's part of the game strategy, but the weapon deterioration/breaking is kind of annoying. I'm now at the point where if I find a decent weapon, I only use it when I'm facing someone big and even then, there is a really good chance it's not going to make it through the battle!
    I do wish the enemy targeting system worked better. I was used to Dark Souls games where you could target an enemy then easily move from one to another. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but it seems like you target, then have to let go, and re-target hoping you get to the one you want to attack.
    I'm probably about 5-6 hours in at this point and most of the side quests so far are way out of my league. Been sticking with the main quests thus far...for the most part.
    All in all, I think it's a great game! Aside from some things here and there, it plays really well. I have noticed that the game is fairly "easy" though. In 5-6 hours, I think I've died twice...and one of those was from falling off a cliff early on, pre-glider.
  • Options
    One other thing that took getting used to with the Switch.
    Playing Zelda with the Switch in hand (joy cons on the side), I found myself hitting the L1 and R1 buttons accidentally...but frequently. Took some adjusting in the hand placement to make sure that didn't happen. No problems with the Pro controller while playing it on the TV though.
    FYI, the Pro controller is really solid. Def close to the quality of a Sony or MS controller.

Taking my Switch on the plane tomorrow. Man, that 2.5 hour flight is going to FLY (no pun intended) by!
  • Options
    Got the Switch in the mail today ... I'm glad to see the initial setup was short and painless compared to the WiiU where I was absolutely ready to go John Wick on Nintendo's HQ in frustration.

Only got to play Zelda for an hour cause I'm tired but it looks pretty bad ass. The system feels pretty good in mobile mode. Much more comfortable then the DSXL.

I think me likes!
  • Options
    I was running around with a torch trying to set fire to grass, bushes, & trees and found out by accident if you hold it under the apples in the trees, they'll eventually catch fire and drop to the ground as baked apples. You have to position yourself directly under them; they'll start to smoke when you're in the right spot. Nice substitute for when there's no cooking vessel around and you need to restore health.
  • Options

I was running around with a torch trying to set fire to grass, bushes, & trees and found out by accident if you hold it under the apples in the trees, they'll eventually catch fire and drop to the ground as baked apples. You have to position yourself directly under them; they'll start to smoke when you're in the right spot. Nice substitute for when there's no cooking vessel around and you need to restore health.

Interesting!
    It's amazing how much I learn and discover each time I play. The thought and detail they put in to this game is pretty remarkable.
    I brought my Switch on my flight today. Man...that 2 hours FLEW by!
    Wandered in to a region that is far beyond my level today. Ran into this GIANT monster, one hit kill me, but I had a fairy in my pocket so I revived and ran for it. I figured "fuck it" so I went back to see if I could figure out a way to kill that bastard. Chipped away at him, broke all kinds of weapons. Was down to a sword I had been saving for a rainy day and 2 arrows. Ugh! Lobbed a couple of bombs then found high(er) ground. Pulled out an arrow, let it fly and it hit him right in the eye. Completely lucky shot.
    He dropped to the ground holding his face. Pulled out my rainy day sword and beat the shit out of him! LOL!!!

Another fun one was I was going in to this camp by a lake. It may have been an island... Anyways they spotted me and the all came after me. Thought I had a bomb arrow but it was fire (doh!). I missed but it set the grass on fire and all the enemies freaked out and ran for it. They were so "scared" of what happened that they didn't even fight back. Killed them all super easy.