Options

The Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Teed off this morning with a 17 degree windchill.  Greens were crunchy.    Surprised the course let me on.  Got three 18's in today though on three different courses and one I had wanted to play for a long time.  Cold weather = fast rounds!  Awesome day.  

Wow!  3 rounds today???  In that type of weather??  Good for you!  That's some dedication right there...
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603

The european tour absolutely kills it
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,540
    Ha.  Padraig hiding the ball under the grass was my favorite.  
  • Options

Sutherland won the Champions event today for his first ever tour win and won the Charles Schwab Cup for the year.  Seems a little silly when Langer won two of the four playoff events and has so many wins each year.  It is playoffs though.  Golf will always struggle having playoffs compared to other sports as in most sports the best team will win 70%+ the time whereas in golf the best player wins only 3-5 times a year. 

• Options
    Tiger is back.  Outdriving DJ last week.  What are your predictions for this week?  18 player field.  I predict a finish of 16th.
  • Options
    Tiger is back.  Outdriving DJ last week.  What are your predictions for this week?  18 player field.  I predict a finish of 16th.
    Just hoping for a healthy 4 rounds and no yips.  He came in dead last last year, but also had the most birdies, if I remember correctly.

Also, please god please, no flights to Dubai. 
  • Options
    Yep, will be interesting.   Wish I could take Thursday off from work  to watch it.
  • Options
    JT and Tiger paired together

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298

Yep, will be interesting.   Wish I could take Thursday off from work  to watch it.

I'm off Thursday. Planning playing a quick round in the morning and then settling in for a little Tiger Woods action in the afternoon.

Can't wait

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165

I'm off Thursday. Planning playing a quick round in the morning and then settling in for a little Tiger Woods action in the afternoon.

Can't wait

lol
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,476

I’m hoping for a “oh, my back/knee” on the 4th hole of round one. he can hit Perkin’s afterwards.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    I'm going to say the big cat finishes dead last..he will have a ton of birdies but also have a few big numbers..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    Golf channel in a tiger frenzy yesterday showing most of his major wins..7 birdies in a row at the 2004 masters!! Wow I forget all these records
  • Options
    Wma31394 said:
    Golf channel in a tiger frenzy yesterday showing most of his major wins..7 birdies in a row at the 2004 masters!! Wow I forget all these records

I tuned in right in time for the "In your LIFE! Have you EVER?!...." chip.

Good times.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Dufner going after Brandel on twitter for like 24 hours now.  It is glorious.
  • Options
    Wma31394 said:

Good times.

Nice! Then you also saw the putt he drained to win that masters..I forgot about that. It was 10-15 footer.
  • Options
    Wma31394 said:
    Wma31394 said:

Good times.

Nice! Then you also saw the putt he drained to win that masters..I forgot about that. It was 10-15 footer.
    Yeah. DiMarco battled him about as well as anyone else did back in those days. 

Apparently Tiger was 4 under today and looking real good. Just a pro am, but what you want to hear from a pro am at least....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wma31394 said:
    Wma31394 said:

Good times.

Apparently Tiger was 4 under today and looking real good. Just a pro am, but what you want to hear from a pro am at least....
    Was following Tiger Tracker a bit this morning.  Looked good.  Eagled a par 4 after driving the green.  Bananas easy course though.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Dufner is the best.  Love that these guys aren't afraid to go after some of these clowns in the golf media....
  • Options
    Awesome.  Keep it interesting.
  • Options
    Wma31394 said:
    Wma31394 said:

Good times.

Was following Tiger Tracker a bit this morning.  Looked good.  Eagled a par 4 after driving the green.  Bananas easy course though.

Yeah Hideki won it at -18 last year.

Tiger Tracker is the best when he's playing

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Predict Tiger tied for ninth on day 1.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    I'm rooting for the ol man today... actually excited to watch a bit of golf.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Nami said:

No doubt.  People say the media makes too big a deal about, but how can you not be excited about arguably the greatest player in history coming back to golf and being only 42 and reportedly smashing the ball as far as the biggest hitters in the game.
  • Options
    I am obviously very excited.  Was able to pull a work from home day today, which is sweet.  Have a couple calls during his round, but no big deal.

Just stay healthy
  • Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Great golfer - bad person - hope he sucks
  • Options
    Yeah, I mean, it's so awesome that athletes in general are such amazing people.
  • Options
    Wma31394 said:
    Wma31394 said:

Good times.

Yeah Hideki won it at -18 last year.

Tiger Tracker is the best when he's playing

Yeah, I get a kick out of Tiger Tracker.  Found out who it was though and like Santa, kinda ruined.  The Tracker and the actual person tweeted the exact same thing a few seconds apart a while back then the one from the real account was deleted, but I got a screenshot.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Nami said:

No doubt.  People say the media makes too big a deal about, but how can you not be excited about arguably the greatest player in history coming back to golf and being only 42 and reportedly smashing the ball as far as the biggest hitters in the game.
    exactly.... and as Cliff mentioned above about Brandel, hes been riding him hard since he left.  Love to see him come out and prove the naysayers wrong. 
    With all the shit that happened in his life, he is human, and the man that changed the view on golf for all us,  he deserves a second chance for everything he has done for the sport. 

Watching Tiger in the 90s, I hated to see him win all the time as I rooted for the underdog.... but now with all the adversity he has faced, I like to see him stand proud again.

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....