Options

Why? Why? Why?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    been waiting for that album for so long. only a few more sleeps till I hear it!

*stops highjacking thread*
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options

This thread is over really!!

Are you going to any shows coming up?
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    KinseyKinsey Posts: 197
    I take it back. CD has arrived.
    When we found the things we loved,
    They were crushed and dying in the dirt.
    We tried to pick up the pieces,
    And get away without getting hurt,
    But they caught us at the state line,
    And burned our cars in one last fight,
    And left us running burned and blind,
    Chasing something in the night.
  • Options
    Everytime they release a cd/ dvd etc I keep buying from 10C.
    Im a pjam fanatic and still don't have the new album in hand.

10C should've sent the international orders sooner and should also review their shipping costs.

Think I'll just buy locally from now on.

End of rant! :|

Just download it off the internets.. You already bought it and stuff...
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    A mate in hmv told me they usually get new releases on the friday and most of the time they put them on the shelf straight away. So he had Backspacer onsale last friday.
    I had already ordered the cd & vinyl from 10C so couldn't go in and buy a third copy.

1 more listen to backspacer then back to AIC.

albums are officially released in ireland on the Friday before the uk, they changed a few years ago!

Oh and you would love to share my bed again but Jen gets it next time!!
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Everytime they release a cd/ dvd etc I keep buying from 10C.
    Im a pjam fanatic and still don't have the new album in hand.

10C should've sent the international orders sooner and should also review their shipping costs.

Think I'll just buy locally from now on.

End of rant! :|

Just download it off the internets.. You already bought it and stuff...

Thanks but you're quoting me from a week ago.
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    gfrasergfraser Posts: 686
    demetrios wrote:
    CD Plus Store's here, SUCK! It's only a place to find used goods. I would never shop there for new items. There were a few 'new' items they had on the racks. I would come up & ask to make the purchase. They would look under the table for the item number, and pass me the CD from the sleeve. Open case etc.. That's not new. Once the CD plastic case is open, and you have the silver CD in a sleeve .. underneath the table, it's not new at all. They said it is. That's how they keep it. I don't think so. For used stuff, that's the place to go. If I wanted to buy something new for my self or a friend, I don't shop there. The one's in Halifax & Dartmouth used to be called Urban Sound Exchange. It used to be a great place. Until CD Plus came into the picture.

As for Taz records, I haven't seen any Pearl Jam vinyl in year's. I used to go there all the time when I went to Saint Mary's Universay @ lunch & even after classess. Mostly for those Pearl Jam Unofficial Bootlegs. I bought dozens & dozens of CD's & VHS' bootleg tapes from those guy's. For Pearl Jam vinyl, I haven't seen any in their store for year's. They did have a Even Flow Australia single (used) selling for 100 bucks once.

Both stores will tell you they will have it, order it for you and jack up the price. You won't find it any cheaper then 10club or Easy Street. Trust me. I've been shopping Pearl Jam since '91 here. Online shopping is the cheapest way to get Pearl Jam goods here into Nova Scotia.

wow dude, im thinking you dont visit cd plus barrington very much. they have one of the better new sealed vinyl selections in hali. taz always get pj when they do new releases, and select sounds always has pj in stock. i dont buy many new cd's from cd plus but i have in the past and they where sealed, only when i picked something up from the used section was it not sealed. you had to have been buying a used disc, they wouldnt open it first.

i guess the verdict is your just not fast enough :P , i have bought most of my pearl jam/vinyl collection right here in the city, other then the last two releases, most have come from one of those three stores. shit i bought my vitalogy vinyl right from hmv on spring garden back in 94 when it came out. im always dt though so i pop into both stores quite often, cool peeps to chat with except the one older fella at taz, man he will talk you into next year if you let him :lol:

ive been buying pj in hali since 91 also, and vinyl since 94, guess ive just had better luck.

support local business!
    This post is © by gfraser
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
    gfraser wrote:
    wow dude, im thinking you dont visit cd plus barrington very much. they have one of the better new sealed vinyl selections in hali. taz always get pj when they do new releases, and select sounds always has pj in stock. i dont buy many new cd's from cd plus but i have in the past and they where sealed, only when i picked something up from the used section was it not sealed. you had to have been buying a used disc, they wouldnt open it first.

i guess the verdict is your just not fast enough :P , i have bought most of my pearl jam/vinyl collection right here in the city, other then the last two releases, most have come from one of those three stores. shit i bought my vitalogy vinyl right from hmv on spring garden back in 94 when it came out. im always dt though so i pop into both stores quite often, cool peeps to chat with except the one older fella at taz, man he will talk you into next year if you let him :lol:

ive been buying pj in hali since 91 also, and vinyl since 94, guess ive just had better luck.

support local business!

haven't visited cdplus stores since i graduated from universary. i used to during high school aka under urban sound exchange. the one on barrington wasn't really the place for pearl jam. though they did have dozen's of used vitalogy cd's galore. i really didn't care about that place. way to much used stuff.

if you remembered sam the record man on barrington, that was my place of pearl jam, place of zen. i bought the majority of the '00 & '03 offical bootlegs there, and all the cd's & various vinyl from them, all new for year's! i loved that place with a passion, and those deals. got like 2 shelves worth of dedicated pearl jam because of that place.

i kinda like that old guy from taz records. i could swear he was neil young's clone, just a very tired version. i used to shop there all the time when it was across the street of neptune theatre. when it moved to gottingen street, i didn't much care. they could order you those studio album's, but i could do that to online!
  • Options

This thread is over really!!

Are you going to any shows coming up?

only if they come my way. I have a 3 year old daughter, and a new daughter 7 weeks old, so travelling for a rock show isn't really in the cards for us at the moment. I have been given the green light by the wife to travel next summer, so hopefully they are still touring then!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    So thats why you're quick to fly off the handle!! ha ha
    Just kidding.

New AIC album is cool. God knows how many times I listened to Backspacer.

Is Vancoover (spelling??) not on the way to winnipeg?
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    Just kidding.

Vancouver is on the way to Winnipeg, if you're coming from Japan.

yeah, yeah, the flying off the handle jokes. I guess I deserve that, don't I? :lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Just kidding.

Vancouver is on the way to Winnipeg, if you're coming from Japan.

yeah, yeah, the flying off the handle jokes. I guess I deserve that, don't I? :lol:

I need to look at my US/ Canada map again!! lol

AIC played Seattle last nite. I wonder how it was.
    They are playin UK in Nov/ Dec and other European dates. No Ireland though. Same bullshit!
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    AIC was rumoured to be opening for Metallica. Unfortunately, not. We got Lamb of God instead. Whoever the hell that is. I really hope AIC makes the trek up here. Only time they were here was opening for Van Halen back in 89 or something, and I didn't go.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    gfrasergfraser Posts: 686
    demetrios wrote:
    gfraser wrote:

support local business!

haven't visited cdplus stores since i graduated from universary. i used to during high school aka under urban sound exchange. the one on barrington wasn't really the place for pearl jam. though they did have dozen's of used vitalogy cd's galore. i really didn't care about that place. way to much used stuff.

if you remembered sam the record man on barrington, that was my place of pearl jam, place of zen. i bought the majority of the '00 & '03 offical bootlegs there, and all the cd's & various vinyl from them, all new for year's! i loved that place with a passion, and those deals. got like 2 shelves worth of dedicated pearl jam because of that place.

i kinda like that old guy from taz records. i could swear he was neil young's clone, just a very tired version. i used to shop there all the time when it was across the street of neptune theatre. when it moved to gottingen street, i didn't much care. they could order you those studio album's, but i could do that to online!

yeah sams was awesome and just when they started to get even better, ie selling/carrying more vinyl, they closed out :(

not that guy at taz, hes actually pretty cool along with the owner, but the really short guy with white hair and hearing aids. guessing you dont know but they are actually back downtown again, market street right next door to night magic :lol: much nicer spot then gottingen or even argyle when it was there, man that was cramped.

i bet we have crossed paths out on a pj hunt before :)
    This post is © by gfraser
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    i order the 5 bootlegs they come up and in 4 working days are in my house!!!!!!!!!and i dont live in Athens that is the capital and to arrive in my hometown is an extra day..and the backspacer i pre-order it months ago need this 4-8 weeks to arrive????????WTF?,,but ofcourse not 10c ship the bootlegs but Kufala did that..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    For the first time I'd decided I wasn't bothering with the CD and I'd just go to the vinyl full stop. Wisely 2 or so weeks back I contacted my local indie and ordered the vinyl. Yes I had listened to the leak but nothing compares with the first time on the black circle.

I'm not going to get venomous and slag of 10C but having ordered the fan club vinyl months ago the fact that I've not even received an email to say it's being shipped does seem somewhat poor. I decided I wanted a copy for my DJ use and also my 10C copy would be for personal Hi-Fi turntable use. I have listened to my UK pressing quite a lot but will be looking forward to receiving my 10 C version.

Just a question, do we get the download offer with the vinyl, considering we pay more and the band are supposedly seriously vinyl pro I don't see why not?
  • Options
    jmkjmk Posts: 425
    For the first time I'd decided I wasn't bothering with the CD and I'd just go to the vinyl full stop. Wisely 2 or so weeks back I contacted my local indie and ordered the vinyl. Yes I had listened to the leak but nothing compares with the first time on the black circle.

I'm not going to get venomous and slag of 10C but having ordered the fan club vinyl months ago the fact that I've not even received an email to say it's being shipped does seem somewhat poor. I decided I wanted a copy for my DJ use and also my 10C copy would be for personal Hi-Fi turntable use. I have listened to my UK pressing quite a lot but will be looking forward to receiving my 10 C version.

Just a question, do we get the download offer with the vinyl, considering we pay more and the band are supposedly seriously vinyl pro I don't see why not?

Probably no download offer with the vinyl. Not the album and no concerts either, if i've understood right. Looks like the job to put vouchers with the vinyl was too hard, this time and only those who ordered the cd will get two live concerts. I also ordered my from Ten Club and haven't received an e-mail. Don't now if they send an e-mail to everyone when they have shipped?

I've also downloaded the mp3 torrent and listened to the new album First I decided that I'm not going to download it, but when I found out that it's going to take a loooong time for the vinyl to arrive, internationally at least, I decided that I can't hold myself... Still waiting to get the vinyl and hear it on vinyl. (And my local record store did have the vinyl, but I didn't buy a second copy, because i'm not a dj ;) )
    Stockholm - 07/07/2012
  • Options
    jmk wrote:

Probably no download offer with the vinyl. Not the album and no concerts either, if i've understood right. Looks like the job to put vouchers with the vinyl was too hard, this time and only those who ordered the cd will get two live concerts. I also ordered my from Ten Club and haven't received an e-mail. Don't now if they send an e-mail to everyone when they have shipped?

I've also downloaded the mp3 torrent and listened to the new album First I decided that I'm not going to download it, but when I found out that it's going to take a loooong time for the vinyl to arrive, internationally at least, I decided that I can't hold myself... Still waiting to get the vinyl and hear it on vinyl. (And my local record store did have the vinyl, but I didn't buy a second copy, because i'm not a dj ;) )

To be honest that miffs me a little, maybe an email with a free download couldn't have been that much of chore for us loyal vinyl purchases, I love PJ but maybe those Vitalogy CD is like bad acid comments ring a little hollow now.

Yes they have made their back cat available on vinyl but also made it a goldmine for people willing to rip fans off, I know I will likely never get Into The Wild on vinyl , I guess that's the way it goes though?

I was kind pissed off that they couldn't include the unplugged DVD as part of the Ten reissue, that should have been a given really, just a thank you to all of us not wanting to consume bad acid as the band so bluntly proclaimed back in 1994.

Vinyl seems and this not at the fault of the band, but some just buy it as an investment or art for their wall. I've had a bitch about this and the wall art bunch will no doubt have their say after this post but as I said before it's for playing not making your wall look pretty or feathering your pocket in the future.

People can set them on fire if they like but I will laugh when all the reissues arrive as only the real anal collectors will be bothered when they get released as the new vinyl remasters as Ten so brilliantly proved will sound much better.

I personally would rather have a vinyl that sounds good rather than have the first pressing, in the case of recently I won a first pressing of Pink Floyd The Wall on ebay but the only reason I was interested about receiving that was that the first pressings are widely known as being the superior sounding ones after the MFSL versions and the Jap pressings, which are far too pricey for my pocket at the moment.

When I get my hands on the eventual roll out of the back cat excluding S/T I will hang onto my originals for posterities sake I won't be selling them to make a quick buck that's for sure.