Options

Why? Why? Why?

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,169
    Irish Al wrote:
    eldarion75 wrote:
    Hey Wayne..send him to my house..rrraaar!

Al, you're 1000% correct, it is beyond silly the postage costs and waiting times, i ordered the white EV zippo only to have it arrive a not unreasonable 3 weeks later from New Zealand which is where they seem to be dispatching internatioal orders now. Could that explain the postage costs & shipping time? perhaps, but they should say so.

I think the postage was the same when they shipped via sweden, why the change to NZ now (prays its not because its cheaper but knows it probably is :oops: )? Whats gas is that when it was being shipped via Sweden, it probably stopped off not far from our gaffs before heading onwards to sweden only to be flown back :lol:

Oh and keep you mits of that poor dude, the last thing the poor fecker needs after swimming the atlantic is for you to hop on him and rummage in his speedos for someone elses backspacer :lol: (does that last part just sound a bit odd to anyone else :shock: :lol: )
    i think they change it now..its via Germany
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,169
    eldarion75 wrote:
    Hey Wayne..send him to my house..rrraaar!

Al, you're 1000% correct, it is beyond silly the postage costs and waiting times, i ordered the white EV zippo only to have it arrive a not unreasonable 3 weeks later from New Zealand which is where they seem to be dispatching internatioal orders now. Could that explain the postage costs & shipping time? perhaps, but they should say so.

The backspacer wait is a joke. It should have arrived internationally last week. They seem to have forgotten Pj have more fans outside the US than in it and surely this wait only encourages illegal downloading of the album no?

and Pukin, as Neil Young says 'these folks don't don't show any respect, they aint getting none of mine'. Pull your horns in and stop being so abusive. He's paid for access to this site and can make any complaint he wants about the service. I for one agree with him, as do the majority of Pj fans who also happen to be outside the States and are still waiting on Backspacer.
    u just say it all correct
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Well endless htreads with people seeming to complain is annoying but endless posts with people compliaining about the people with legitimate complaints is ridiculous and far more annoying..my take on it anyways.
  • Options
    gimme a break. "abusive"? are you kidding me? I'm being overly dramatic to show a point. The overly dramatic posts of people on here about a record not arriving on time like it's the end of the freakin' world. And how does a business like them make sure the album gets into the hands of everyone across the globe at the same time, Mr Postman? Yeah, kinda of impossible. But nice suggestion. I'm sure the 10C will take that one under advisement.

My other issue with this is that there are rules on this forum, first and foremost-TOO MANY REPETITIVE THREADS. 50% of this board right now is complaining about the same freaking thing. Instead of being some attention-whore by starting your own thread, maybe just add your little complaint to the one that is already in use. It's pretty simple.

And dunkman, yes, business is a simple concept. Have I ever complained about poor service. OF COURSE I have. But I'm not one of those babies that sends back my breakfast because my scrambled eggs are mishapen. You get me?

And to the guy who said that "it doesn't matter the initial reasons the 10C was set up" is missing the entire point. Of course it matters. This club was set up FOR THE FANS AS A THANK YOU, and because the band wanted the fans to have an interactive experience like no other. Not because they thought their fans deserve it. If you don't know the difference, then I can't help you.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:
    Well endless htreads with people seeming to complain is annoying but endless posts with people compliaining about the people with legitimate complaints is ridiculous and far more annoying..my take on it anyways.

and endless comments about people bitching about people bitching about people bitching are WAY more annoying.
    :lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    quote Irish Al: "First off I think you've probably got more posts in this thread than anyone else"

I know you have a little "wink" there, but what's the point of that sentence?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Too much time on your hands dude.
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    pukin wrote:
    gimme a break. "abusive"? are you kidding me? I'm being overly dramatic to show a point. The overly dramatic posts of people on here about a record not arriving on time like it's the end of the freakin' world. And how does a business like them make sure the album gets into the hands of everyone across the globe at the same time, Mr Postman? Yeah, kinda of impossible. But nice suggestion. I'm sure the 10C will take that one under advisement.

*Looks back over posts for overly dramatic smilie :lol: *

This is not a postal issue...they just werent sent in enough time...nothing to do with USPS :)
    pukin wrote:
    My other issue with this is that there are rules on this forum, first and foremost-TOO MANY REPETITIVE THREADS. 50% of this board right now is complaining about the same freaking thing. Instead of being some attention-whore by starting your own thread, maybe just add your little complaint to the one that is already in use. It's pretty simple.

TBH this is the FIRST thread I have seen about Europeans not getting their backspacer...seen lots about the so-called "shite album"...which is completely untrue 8-)
    pukin wrote:
    And dunkman, yes, business is a simple concept. Have I ever complained about poor service. OF COURSE I have. But I'm not one of those babies that sends back my breakfast because my scrambled eggs are mishapen. You get me?

The OP doesnt even know if his "eggs are mishapen", they havent even been dropped off by the poor fookin hen, plus I've never seen a baby send back anything...well other than its milk :lol:
    pukin wrote:
    And to the guy who said that "it doesn't matter the initial reasons the 10C was set up" is missing the entire point. Of course it matters. This club was set up FOR THE FANS AS A THANK YOU, and because the band wanted the fans to have an interactive experience like no other. Not because they thought their fans deserve it. If you don't know the difference, then I can't help you.

This is THE bizarrest comment I think I have ever seen on this forum in my entire time here (yes too much time :P ). You've totally contradicted yourself. I say THANK YOU to someone whom I feel DESERVES it...isnt that what you're saying the band did, but didnt do?? :?: :?: got me there.

Listen 10C is a business (Pearl Jam or no Pearl Jam) and as such they agree to deliver a service that many people pay for and when this service is not up to scratch, then people are entitled to ask why! END OF 8-)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Let's give 10C a break. We think they're the dogs bollocks when we get tickets and then whinge when a CD arrives late. I can't understand why some international fan would buy it from 10C. In the UK we have plenty of places to get it without waiting for international dispatch.
  • Options
    Your argument is all fine but could you do so without the name calling? I mean you're the adult here, right? It takes a big man behing his pc to be calling people "attention whore, whiner, baby". I mean, you seem to know all the 10C rules. Maybe you overlooked that one.

I don't recall calling you anything.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    The only consolation i'm finding in all of this is that the 10c book version is a far superior one to the retail release..it looks like the re-issued No Code..kinda flimsy..the book will be worth the wait.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    pukin wrote:

what if you ordered scrambled eggs and they just never arrived... or you went in 3 days after ordering and the waitress said "ok hunny, heres those eggs you ordered"

i think the whiners and moaners are not complaining about all aspects of 10C... they are complaining, as is their consumer right, about a product not arriving even after paying a hefty delivery fee, and that same product has been delivered to the US customers already.

10C is not a charitable endeavour... people pay money to receive goods... if they dont receive the goods in a timely fashion they have the right.. yes the right... to complain about it. you get me.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    nuffingman wrote:
    Let's give 10C a break. We think they're the dogs bollocks when we get tickets and then whinge when a CD arrives late. I can't understand why some international fan would buy it from 10C. In the UK we have plenty of places to get it without waiting for international dispatch.

Lesson learned. ;)
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    pukin wrote:
    quote Irish Al: "First off I think you've probably got more posts in this thread than anyone else"

I know you have a little "wink" there, but what's the point of that sentence?

Just a lil'ol joke baby ;):D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    pukin wrote:

*Looks back over posts for overly dramatic smilie :lol: *

This is not a postal issue...they just werent sent in enough time...nothing to do with USPS :)
    pukin wrote:

TBH this is the FIRST thread I have seen about Europeans not getting their backspacer...seen lots about the so-called "shite album"...which is completely untrue 8-)
    pukin wrote:

The OP doesnt even know if his "eggs are mishapen", they havent even been dropped off by the poor fookin hen, plus I've never seen a baby send back anything...well other than its milk :lol:
    pukin wrote:

This is THE bizarrest comment I think I have ever seen on this forum in my entire time here (yes too much time :P ). You've totally contradicted yourself. I say THANK YOU to someone whom I feel DESERVES it...isnt that what you're saying the band did, but didnt do?? :?: :?: got me there.

Listen 10C is a business (Pearl Jam or no Pearl Jam) and as such they agree to deliver a service that many people pay for and when this service is not up to scratch, then people are entitled to ask why! END OF 8-)

the bizarrest statement in the history of this forum? WOW. like I said, if you don't know the difference, then I can't help you. I'm not going to spend anymore of my time (that I apparently have too much of-thanks eldarian for your attempt at schoolyard insults-how ironic that you responded to my "endless posts" with a post!) trying to explain this stuff. And how do you KNOW that they weren't shipped in time? And if they weren't, do you know the circumstances? NO, YOU DON'T. It's pretty simple to me. People come on here to bitch anonymously and "bravely" without going the proper channels.

People can say "well they have a legitimate complaint, so he/she has the right to complain" yadda yadda yadda all they want. Of course, all complaints are legitimate until a dialogue has taken place WITH THE PERSON OR PERSON(S) TO WHICH THE COMPLAINT IS RELATED, and you won't get a response here from those in the know, so it's a futile exercise.

And again, just add to the already existing 71 threads about this same stupid subject, and we'll all be better for it. Oh wait, then they won't get the attention they are so desperately craving! Oh well.
    :roll:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    dunkman wrote:
    pukin wrote:

what if you ordered scrambled eggs and they just never arrived... or you went in 3 days after ordering and the waitress said "ok hunny, heres those eggs you ordered"

i think the whiners and moaners are not complaining about all aspects of 10C... they are complaining, as is their consumer right, about a product not arriving even after paying a hefty delivery fee, and that same product has been delivered to the US customers already.

10C is not a charitable endeavour... people pay money to receive goods... if they dont receive the goods in a timely fashion they have the right.. yes the right... to complain about it. you get me.
    Who cares about your reply? I want to know about the women in Dundee!
  • Options
    EP1973EP1973 Posts: 112
    Get_Right wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    is this the first time you have pre-ordered?
    From what I understand, foreign orders are always late

but hey, its out there
    and you should find it if you have already paid for it

No, not the first time I preordered. You would of thought I'd learned my lesson.
    Us "Foreigners" never learn!

Yes, the album is available if you want to download it illegally.
    Just frustrated I don't have my cd. Im sure you'd feel the same if you didn't have yours.
    well I did receive it today, but it was a non-event-the artwork is nice, but other than that it went strait on the shelf
    personally, i dont have a problem with the DL IF you already paid for it.
    If you have already paid for it, where's the guilt in downloading it? Unless an album comes out from and artist I respect and want to support (ie. Pearl Jam, NIN, Pink Floyd, Pumpkins, Ozzy, Black Label Society, etc.) I usually get it from a friend...and who knows where they have gotten it. But, I buy very few CDs. So like I said, if it's bought and paid for, where's the guilt?
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:
    The only consolation i'm finding in all of this is that the 10c book version is a far superior one to the retail release..it looks like the re-issued No Code..kinda flimsy..the book will be worth the wait.

That's what I'm hoping.
    Just a dude growing veg

haywayne.blogspot.com
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    pukin wrote:

well, you obviously didn't get me. you took that comparison literally. My point was, since I have to explain it, is that I have complained before, but absolutely not in an instance like this where the album has been out TWO DAYS. TWO DAYS. I stand by my stance on this. I haven't gotten my Backspacer yet, and I don't expect it any time soon.

I never said they were complaining about all aspects of the club. The 10C was, I'm guessing, NOT to ship the items until they were told they could. Don't forget, 10C is not an indpendent business. They answer to someone. You know who that someone is? And yes, when that someone have an agreement with a large store chain, they also answer to them and their contractual obligations.

People just fail to see the big picture, or really, any picture at all.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    pukin wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    pukin wrote:

well, you obviously didn't get me. you took that comparison literally. My point was, since I have to explain it, is that I have complained before, but absolutely not in an instance like this where the album has been out TWO DAYS. TWO DAYS. I stand by my stance on this. I haven't gotten my Backspacer yet, and I don't expect it any time soon.

I never said they were complaining about all aspects of the club. The 10C was, I'm guessing, NOT to ship the items until they were told they could. Don't forget, 10C is not an indpendent business. They answer to someone. You know who that someone is? And yes, when that someone have an agreement with a large store chain, they also answer to them and their contractual obligations.

If I were on the amount of meds you seem to have forgotten to take today I'd be seeing lots of 'pictures' too. Relax yer kakks.
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:

Im really looking forward to seeing it alright.

Did you like the Seattle posters sold last nite? I like 'em.
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    Pukin, you've made your point (many times might I add).
    Maybe you should take your own advice and not spend anymore time on this thread.
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:

If I were on the amount of meds you seem to have forgotten to take today I'd be seeing lots of 'pictures' too. Relax yer kakks.

what is wrong with you? first a "too much time on your hands" comment, and now a "medication" joke attempt? what are you, seven years old?

And I am quite relaxed, thank you for your concern. :roll:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Maybe you should take your own advice and not spend anymore time on this thread.

I'm sorry. I guess I'm not supposed to respond to people who address me. I'll remember that next time.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    pukin wrote:

I'm sorry. I guess I'm not supposed to respond to people who address me. I'll remember that next time.

To be honest, you're just boring now. After the name calling, I lost interest in what you have to say.
    We did respect your opinion but now I couldn't give a monkeys.

If they are all like you in "peg", man I'd love to visit. :roll:

So... ta ta!! Where's that soother of mine.
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    I think we (10C members) should get the new release a week earlier or else something extra to make us buy from 10C. I mean the new album is just around the corner from me but Im not buying a second copy.

Times like this, all you can do is laugh :?
    no worries..the backspacer will arrive in 4-8 weeks in Europe... :evil: as for the vinyl..u can imagine what will happen ..we didnt get the confirmation mail yet..so MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

got the same feeling here but also wanna give the 10C organisation some credits.
    But after all... i now like the waiting.. nobody surround me has de CD, only my 2 brothers but i won't see them in a few weeks..

Just wait... and wait... 8-)
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    pukin wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    pukin wrote:

there isnt a picture on the internet that could visually describe my boredom of this right now.

very simple facts to consider.

UK shops - they have Backspacer in their stores
    US shops - likewise
    US 10clubbers - have their albums in their homes
    other 10clubbers - still do not have them. ergo they have a complaint... one you cannot grasp or comprehend apparently. but simply put those people do not have their product... yet the stores do?

you just said "The 10C was, I'm guessing, NOT to ship the items until they were told they could"... but all UK record stores already have the album?!?! why would 10club hang on to it? purely and simply, i'm guessing, they did NOT ship it out in time... thats all there is to it... and thats poor customer service.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    pukin wrote:
    the bizarrest statement in the history of this forum? WOW. like I said, if you don't know the difference, then I can't help you. I'm not going to spend anymore of my time (that I apparently have too much of-thanks eldarian for your attempt at schoolyard insults-how ironic that you responded to my "endless posts" with a post!) trying to explain this stuff.

That is no kind of answer to what is being discussed here. I'm not trying to slag you off but am trying to give another opinion, as I disagree with your way dissing others on here because they are pointing out their frustration at the poor service they have recieved.
    pukin wrote:
    And how do you KNOW that they weren't shipped in time? And if they weren't, do you know the circumstances? NO, YOU DON'T. It's pretty simple to me. People come on here to bitch anonymously and "bravely" without going the proper channels.

...because 10C always say 4-8 weeks for international orders, so they are never sent "in a timely fashion in order that international members can receive their goods on release day"
    pukin wrote:
    People can say "well they have a legitimate complaint, so he/she has the right to complain" yadda yadda yadda all they want. Of course, all complaints are legitimate until a dialogue has taken place WITH THE PERSON OR PERSON(S) TO WHICH THE COMPLAINT IS RELATED, and you won't get a response here from those in the know, so it's a futile exercise.

I have regularly had these discussions with 10C, and sometimes the outcome is satisfactory and sometimes it is not.
    pukin wrote:
    And again, just add to the already existing 71 threads about this same stupid subject, and we'll all be better for it. Oh wait, then they won't get the attention they are so desperately craving! Oh well.
    :roll:

Here we go again....dude just stop insulting people, and trying one last dig...its making you look like a bit of a dick :?
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:

Im really looking forward to seeing it alright.

Did you like the Seattle posters sold last nite? I like 'em.

Well I did and I didn't..It's a little too 'from the usual Pj stockpile of images' but it's not bad either..the Basketball player wasn't as good as the 1st though.
  • Options
    He doesn't get it. Stop encouraging him to reply.
    We can all do without it.
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14