Options

Overblown Criticism of The Fixer

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    i don't know about everyone else but i'm talking about the fixer and only the fixer...i am almost 100% sure PJ will not make a full album of crap..never have before and i don't see them doing it now... i love most of their shit but there are always a song or two on almost every album that i don't like...so this isn't any thing new.

it's just this sheep mentality that a lot of fans have that pisses me off.

It's got nothing to do with sheep mentality. I took a lot of shit for saying 'Got Some' sucked ass (which I still think it does). In fact, I think you were one of the people giving me a hard time for not liking it. I don't care whether you like the song or not, I just think this whole "I'm so special and unique that anything mainstream is not cool enough for me" act is pathetically dated. I love AIC, but there's a place for upbeat, poppy music too, and as I recall, AIC sold a shit load of records as well, so they'd be poppy by your logic too.
  • Options
    all music grows on me...i never "love" a song from the start....but i still cant stand breakerfall & evacuation

Totally agree!

Oh...i 'm not alone ...thanx for that. I sometimes try to make the effort to listen to them till the end but never make it.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    Irony is a wonderful thing ;)
    and catcy too :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564

Dude, NO ONE WANTS THAT.

I don't get it. This is such a common post around here. It's possible to dislike a new pearl jam song without longing for Ten part 2. Why don't people understand that?

This very same question has boggled my mind as well. Why is it too hard to understand?
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    i don't know about everyone else but i'm talking about the fixer and only the fixer...i am almost 100% sure PJ will not make a full album of crap..never have before and i don't see them doing it now... i love most of their shit but there are always a song or two on almost every album that i don't like...so this isn't any thing new.

Sorry, but I find a lot of your opinions here pretty snobbish.

Basically, some people like the song, some people really aren't as selective as others, some people don't over-analyse stuff to the nth degree. They just enjoy the music and are not embarrassed to say so. We all have Pearl Jam tracks we love and others we can take or leave, maybe even some we don't listen to or simply don't like. The Fixer, for me, sounds alright but I'm not gonna say the band are going 'down the drain' or to the moon until I've heard just a little more than one track...

But calling people who enjoy the Fixer "sheep" - what have you really got to gain there? It's unfair and impolite, you don't know these people and you don't know why they do or don't enjoy the music they listen to.

Now, let's kiss and make up.
    we're all going to the same place...
  • Options
    SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195

Basically, some people like the song, some people really aren't as selective as others, some people don't over-analyse stuff to the nth degree. They just enjoy the music and are not embarrassed to say so. We all have Pearl Jam tracks we love and others we can take or leave, maybe even some we don't listen to or simply don't like. The Fixer, for me, sounds alright but I'm not gonna say the band are going 'down the drain' or to the moon until I've heard just a little more than one track...

But calling people who enjoy the Fixer "sheep" - what have you really got to gain there? It's unfair and impolite, you don't know these people and you don't know why they do or don't enjoy the music they listen to.

I haven't seen much "the band is going down the drain" stuff regarding the Fixer discussions -- not sure where you are getting that from. I've seen some suggestion of that regarding the Target deal. At the end of the day, The Fixer is a pretty good song musically (nothing groundbreaking but the music is pretty cool) with an absolutely horrid singing track (which may or may not be a result of the middle-school garage band grade lyrics). This song will be forgotten shortly after the album comes out. It's also not going to be the accessible radio-friendly reintroduction to the masses that some people suggest it will be.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • Options

guess you didn't see my other thread i made afterwards.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=104649
  • Options

guess you didn't see my other thread i made afterwards.

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=104649

Fair play to you.

Peace :)
    we're all going to the same place...